• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Center Stage

Staff Member
Then the priests left the Holy Place. All the priests who were present had purified themselves, whether or not they were on duty that day. 2 Chronicles 5:11 NLT

Christians form media-saturated cultures find pretense easy. It’s part of the social fabric.

It’s why polite people smile and reply, “Fine,” when asked how their day has been.

But pretense can create bipolar believers—men who are unaware they have become actors on a Christian stage. Scott Wesley Brown wrote a song about this titled “Pray for Me.” In it, he admits it’s “often easy to wear the servant’s mask” while actively resisting doing what servants do best. This happens when Christians smile center stage yet don’t prepare for life in the slow lane.

The scripture quoted above says the priests purified themselves so they would be ready to serve God any day of the week.

Paul said, “I have done the Lord’s work humbly and with many tears” (Acts 20:18-19 NLT). Like the temple priests, his wasn’t an “on” and “off” workweek. Whether he was manufacturing tents or preaching and teaching, he started each day ready.

Similarly, David sang, “I will wake the dawn with my song” (Psalm 108:2 NLT). He too started each day prepared to serve God wholeheartedly. Continuing to read a devotional book like this can help you do the same.

Prayer: Lord, help me prepare to serve You, whether I’m onstage or off today.

Active
Then the priests left the Holy Place. All the priests who were present had purified themselves, whether or not they were on duty that day. 2 Chronicles 5:11 NLT

Christians form media-saturated cultures find pretense easy. It’s part of the social fabric.

It’s why polite people smile and reply, “Fine,” when asked how their day has been.

But pretense can create bipolar believers—men who are unaware they have become actors on a Christian stage. Scott Wesley Brown wrote a song about this titled “Pray for Me.” In it, he admits it’s “often easy to wear the servant’s mask” while actively resisting doing what servants do best. This happens when Christians smile center stage yet don’t prepare for life in the slow lane.

The scripture quoted above says the priests purified themselves so they would be ready to serve God any day of the week.

Paul said, “I have done the Lord’s work humbly and with many tears” (Acts 20:18-19 NLT). Like the temple priests, his wasn’t an “on” and “off” workweek. Whether he was manufacturing tents or preaching and teaching, he started each day ready.

Similarly, David sang, “I will wake the dawn with my song” (Psalm 108:2 NLT). He too started each day prepared to serve God wholeheartedly. Continuing to read a devotional book like this can help you do the same.

Always Lord Amen
a really good word and blessed my heart
I just Love
i will wake the dawn with my song
gonna do that amazing
need to pray to be awake myself first lol
but how Lovely a word x
God bless you for sharing this x

Loyal

We are soldiers for Christ brother, a soldier always prepares himself, to serve, to protect himself, to be ready for what whatever the day brings.

Shalom

Active
Morning has broken, Nicola, like the first morning, blackbird is singing like the first day.

Because... this is the day that the Lord hath made, everyday. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

yes paul another excellent song from my school days and also
plough the fields and scatter
and we shall overcome

always remember a teacher singing this with all her heart and i used to think then aged ten with pigtails
im so bored now sitting crossed legged in assembly lol
but now i see and will sing that song with passion in Jesus

your words n song really brought this back to me and blessed me gonna google all the lyrics first lol

very very good x
God bless you always x

Active
well that was so nice to watch
Gods creation
unspoilt
and a great song of Praise to God to wake the dawn in the morning
set them alarm clocks saints
so we up early lol and Praising God for a new day before all the hussle and bustle starts
and i Praise God right now for sitting here with peace x
God bless you x

Loyal
yes paul another excellent song from my school days and also
plough the fields and scatter
and we shall overcome

always remember a teacher singing this with all her heart and i used to think then aged ten with pigtails
im so bored now sitting crossed legged in assembly lol
but now i see and will sing that song with passion in Jesus

your words n song really brought this back to me and blessed me gonna google all the lyrics first lol

very very good x
God bless you always x

There is a green hill far away sister...

Lovely to feel the joy from your heart, even with what you are coping with. Trust in the Lord, in His love, in His peace, in His Grace and Mercy, in His grip. You'll never walk alone.

Shine Jesus Shine Nic.

Active
There is a green hill far away sister...

Lovely to feel the joy from your heart, even with what you are coping with. Trust in the Lord, in His love, in His peace, in His Grace and Mercy, in His grip. You'll never walk alone.

Shine Jesus Shine Nic.
My brother paul thankyou for your words filled with Gods Love greatly recieved
God Bless you my freind and brother