• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Caught Up

-------CAUGHT UP TO BE WITH THE LORD------

"Ye brethren are not in darkness that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light children of the day, we are not of the night nor of darkness"....(1Thess.5:4-5)

He will only come as a thief in the night to those who are in darkness, sudden destruction will come upon them..this will happen when they think peace has finally come.( 1 Thess. 5:2-3)

"Therefore let us not sleep as do others but let us watch and be sober."(1 Thess. 5:6)

"God hath not appointed us to wrath but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us that whether we wake or sleep we should live together with Him. Wherefore COMFORT yourselves together and edify one another..."(1 Thess. 5:9-10)

"...while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Much more then being now justified by His blood we shall be saved from wrath through Him."(Rom.5:8-9)

"Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and stand before the Son of man".(Lk 21:36)

In this chapter Jesus mentions many things that will come to pass before He comes in power and great glory. He says when you see these thinks BEGIN to happen (not afterwards) LOOK UP LIFT UP YOUR HEAD YOUR REDEMPTION DRAWS NIGH ( v. 28).

This is refered to as the BEGINNING OF SORROW in Matthew 24:8. He tells us to not be caught up in the things of this world or that day will "come upon you unaware".

Luke 21:34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares](Lk 21:34)

We are "LOOKING FOR that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13)

"...we know when He shall appear we shall be like Him for we shall see him as he is. and every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself even as He is pure." (1Jn.3:2-3)

"For the LORD HIMSELF will descend from heaven WITH A SHOUT, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead inChrist shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the AIR: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS." (1Thess. 4:16:17)

Notice he did NOT come back down to the earth - we go UP to meet Him. The words 'CAUGHT UP' comes from the Greek word 'HARPAZO' meaning 'TO SEIZE', caught away as by force. In the Latin language it is the word "rapiemur" in the Latin Vulgate at 1 Thess 4:17, and is the word translated " caught up " or " rapture, " simply refering to the "--'caught up' to be with the Lord"

His second coming, is when He comes down and His feet touch the earth is at the end of the great tribulation. "For there shall be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shal be. And except those days be shortened there no flesh be saved....."

"For as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even to the west so shall the coming of the Son of man be." (Matt.24:21-22,27)

"Behold, I shew you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed." (1Cor.15:52)

In Thessalonians it said the Lord HIMSELF will SHOUT: We will hear His voice that will sound like a trumpet as John heard when he said

"I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day and heard behind me a GREAT VOICE AS OF A TRUMPET ,saying I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA the FIRST and the LAST..." (Rev 1:10).

This is the Voice of the LORD giving the LAST CALL to the church at the end of the church age, the end of the age of grace. In 1 Cor. the last trump is also refering to the LAST CALL by the VOICE of God. The CHURCH which comes from the Greek word 'EKKLESIA' meaning "A CALLING OUT" will be with the Lord forever. After this period is a different age: when He will deal with the Jews. Then Israel will have their last chance to receive Him also; the Gentiles who receive Him at this time are NOT the Church- those who give their lives to the Lord then are called the tribulation saints (Rev.7:13-14). The church has gone to be with the Lord and will return to earth WITH the Lord at the end of the tribulation (Jude13-15; Rev. 19:14). You do NOT have to wait and go through that and be a martyr to go to be with the Lord.

These two passages in Thessalonians and Corinthians do not refer to the 7 trumpets in Rev.8 through 11, which is pouring out JUDGEMENT upon those who do not believe;" at the end of the great tribulation, and immediately following, the seventh is the ANGEL blowing the trumpet {not the Lord's voice as before} making the announcement that "the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever" (Rev.11:15).

Israel used trumpets all the time to annouce what was happening. There were different blasts for different occasions. The angels will contiue to sound the trumpet in future ages- the shofar--a rams horn --which is a different sound than we think of with trumpets of this day and age. Learn to recognize the sound of the shofar. He is coming in the clouds to call His own unto Himself: If you have completely given your heart to Him and He is the Lord of every part of your life be looking for Him and listeing for His voice. Put your trust in the His grace and shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, the ONLY sacrifice that cleanses us from our sins ,not trusting in our good works for salvation.

"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth in Him shall not be ashamed." (Rom. 10:9-11)

Jesus said :
"Marvel not that I said unto thee ye must be born again."(John3:7)
"Except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3)

"I know thy works that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou art cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm and neither cold not hot I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Rev.3:15-16)

"I have somewhat against thee, because you hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou are fallen and repent and do the first works. (Rev 2:4-5)

Are you ready for this great event? He is coming for those without spot or wrinkle, and without blemish (Ephesians 5:27), This is a priviledge and reward for those who follow Him in spirit and in truth, not those who are carnal and seeking their own way. Altho His love is unconditional His promises are conditional. If we do our part He will do His. We are to become mature (Ephesians 4:14).

Eph. 5:17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

Be filled literally means "Be being filled" or continually being filled with the Holy Spirit of God We have been sanctified, separated unto Him ,and are to be separate from the world; that is, we are not like the unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:17-18). We think, act, and see things completely different and have the character of our Father, imitating His actions, reactions, thoughts and words. Jesus said if you love Him then obey Him (John14:15-17).

"Walk in the Spirit and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" (Galations 5:16)

He s coming for those who are looking for him.

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and UNTO THEM THAT LOOK FOR HIM SHALL HE APPEAR the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb.9:28)

Remember there were five wise virgins but there were 5 foolish one who did not get to enter in.

Matthew 25
1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

So stay filled with His Spirit, keep your heart pure, and look for His "blessed appearing "(Titus 2:13)

Last edited:
The tribulation we go thru now is not the same and nothing like it will be:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world

Matthew 24:21
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be

Everyone has their opinion but think of this - If I am wrong i havent missed anything. If post - and mid- trib people are wrong they HAVE missed a great blessing and could have avoided having to go thru the tribulation. Only the Father knows when.The important thiing is this : Just be ready to meet Him , be faithful and diligent - tell others about Him so they will be ready to meet Him too -and it wont matter WHEN he comes.

Last edited:
Gloria said:
"For as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even to the west so shall the coming of the Son of man be."

Amen ten thousand times! (sorry jiggy I get excited and I just can`t hide it, so I had to outnumber your amens! LOL)

Oh what singing, oh what shouting on that happy morning when
we all shall rise! GLORY!

TO: those who have already read the first post

I ask you to read the first post on this thread again. I have corrected a few mistakes and added several verses that I only referred to by passage. I hesitated to add them or the post would be so long. But evidently alot of people dont look up the passages. So I've included some in this edit - Thanks!!

God bless you all!!

Adstar said:
What are you saying???

Are you saying that one has to believe in pre-trib rapture if not they will not take part in the rapture if it is pre-trib?? That’s what it sounds like.

Ones taking part in the rapture has absolutely nothing to do in ones belief in it's timing. Ones participation is determined by ones faith in Jesus as Messiah.

So i will loose nothing if the rapture is post trib because i am prepared to go through suffering for my Lord Jesus but will those who think they are going pre-trib be able to accept the unexpected tribulation??

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hi Adstar

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and UNTO THEM THAT LOOK FOR HIM SHALL HE APPEAR the second time without sin unto salvation. (Heb.9:28)

"LOOKING FOR that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13)

Hebrews 11:5
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God

2 Pet. 3:3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Some think He's putting off His coming for a long time so they are not looking for or expecting Him and get slothful. It says He will APPEAR to those who are LOOKING for Him. According to this verse if we dont have faith He is coming now, how would he appear to us? It doesnt say He will appear to everyone. Read again on my first post Matt 25:1-13 about the 10 virgins. Only 5 were ready to meet Him - not all 10! The foolish 5 could not enter . I wouldnt want this to happen to you or anyone

If you have honestly asked the Lord to show you if you are truly ready to meet Him and all is right with Him then thats great - I m so glad !! But like I said before just expect Him anytime -and it wont matter if it happens in 5 hours or 10 years .

As for those who may go through the tribulation: If we have completely given our lives 100% to Jesus , holding back nothing, then we can go thru any suffering, trial, or whatever, by faith in Him, and His strength and power .

God bless you richly!!

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Has anyone read any "bible code" books? If so, which ones did you read and what do you think about it? Complex?

I ask about that becaues Gloria's post seems to be mostly the Revelations era that we live in now (scary yes?).

God bless

Adstar said:
Gloria you post verse to me as if i am denying that the rapture will take place? I believe in the rapture.---

Hi Adstar

No I didnt say you were denying we would be caught up to be with Him. Because all Christians who really believe in the Bible cannot deny that is says :

1 Thess. 4: 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

So it will happen, altho they dont all agree when. I was just pointing out some important verses.

God bless

Revelation 3:7-13

7*“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia. This is the message from the one who is holy and true. He is the one who has the key of David. He opens doors, and no one can shut them; he shuts doors, and no one can open them.
8*“I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can shut. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me. 9*Look! I will force those who belong to Satan—those liars who say they are Jews but are not—to come and bow down at your feet. They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.
10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. 11*Look, I am coming quickly. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown. 12*All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write my God’s name on them, and they will be citizens in the city of my God—the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And they will have my new name inscribed upon them. 13*Anyone who is willing to hear should listen to the Spirit and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches.
Can someone explain this verse? I'm curious as to it's connection if any to the rapture.

jiggyfly said:
Revelation 3: ----10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. 11*Look, I am coming quicklyHold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown. 12*All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write my God’s name on them, and they will be citizens in the city of my God—the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And they will have my new name inscribed upon them. 13*Anyone who is willing to hear should listen to the Spirit and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches.
Can someone explain this verse? I'm curious as to it's connection if any to the rapture.

Hi Jiggyfly

I do believe there is a connection. Verse 10 that you quoted refers to

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

"God hath not appointed us to wrath but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us that whether we wake or sleep we should live together with Him. Wherefore COMFORT yourselves together and edify one another..."(1 Thess. 5:9-10)[/B]

"...while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Much more then being now justified by His blood we shall be saved from wrath through Him."(Rom.5:8-9)

The word salvation means whole, saved, healed, DELIVERANCE protection, well being.

"Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and stand before the Son of man".(Lk 21:36)

Notice when Jesus speaks to each church in Revelation He always mentions to them " -- to him that OVERCOMETH--". We must be strong. diligent and hold fast. Be overcomers- and not be overcome. We must be faithful and stay on fire for Jesus - remember the 5 foolish virgins (Matt. 25)

No one can fathom how horrible this period will be including this:

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Like I said on the first post of this thread I could not include all verses - to do so and expound. this would be a book! As people respond I will add to it. But I may add more posts later. Yours was one of the greatest verses I would add, Jiggyfly, and was one that I had intended and forgotten when I edited it. Thanks for the post.

God Bless

Last edited:
Gloria said:
Hi Jiggyfly

I do believe there is a connection. Verse 10 that you quoted refers to

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

"God hath not appointed us to wrath but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us that whether we wake or sleep we should live together with Him. Wherefore COMFORT yourselves together and edify one another..."(1 Thess. 5:9-10)[/B]

The word salvation means whole, saved, healed, DELIVERANCE protection, well being.

Notice when Jesus speaks to each church in Revelation He always mentions to them " -- to him that OVERCOMETH--". We must be strong. diligent and hold fast. Be overcomers- and not be overcome. We must be faithful and stay on fire for Jesus - remember the 5 foolish virgins (Matt. 25)

No one can fathom how horrible this period will be including this:

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Like I said on the first post of this thread I could not include all verses - to do so and expound. this would be a book! As people respond I will add to it. But I may add more posts later. Yours was one of the greatest verses I would add, Jiggyfly, and was one that I had intended and forgotten when I edited it. Thanks for the post.

God Bless
good post Gloria, I'm inclined to agree with you on the Rev. 3:10

To properly interpret prophecy, we need to realize the New Testament speaks of the Church, the nations, and the Jews. After Jesus spoke to the churches in chapters 2 and3 of Revelation, then Chapter 4 begins with---

Rev.4:1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it

This is a picture of what it will be like when He calls the faithful church to be caught up with Him. And they will worship and sing of how they were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. The church is not mentioned on earth after this.

Rev 5:7And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. 8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation

But there will still be those here who will have to go thru the tribulation. 144.000 Jews, which are of the 12 tribes if Israel will spread the Word of God telling that Yeshua (Jesus) is Messiah (Saviour) .

Revelation 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

As they spread the gospel, many will recieve the Lord but most will have to give their lives for Him.These are the tribulations saints.

Rev.7:9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands

Rev 7:13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?" 14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb

Last edited:
WOW. I have to say, that I am with Adstar, on being confused as to what Gloria was saying in those last 2 posts. Did u mean that if a person is not expecting to see Jesus NOW, it will change your departure from Earth to Heaven?
Heb 9 & Titus2 are not clear about WHEN we are to be expecting Him---as in NOW or just pretty soon. At least *I* don't see that we are to be looking for Him or necessarily expecting Him NOW (?is that what u r saying?), but maybe it's just the way I'm hearing you. IMHO, those verses are saying that we are to keep ourselves ready for Him, and to kind of be MINDFUL of the fact that the Bridegroom is standing at the door....
Heb 11:5 is saying that b/c of Enoch's PLEASING GOD, he got to leave w/o dying; how does this apply to the Second Coming/Rapture? Elijah also didn't die, does that apply here, also? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I am trying to understand your position! (I KNOW I get things confused a lot!)
Also, the Scripture from Peter, is that about Believers, even? I haven't looked in there recently....
Blessings
Abbiegrrl

Abbiegrrl said:
Heb 9 & Titus2 are not clear about WHEN we are to be expecting Him---as in NOW or just pretty soon. At least *I* don't see that we are to be looking for Him or necessarily expecting Him NOW---

--- those verses are saying that we are to keep ourselves ready for Him, and to kind of be MINDFUL of the fact that the Bridegroom is standing at the door….

---I am trying to understand your position! (I KNOW I get things confused a lot!)
Also, the Scripture from Peter, is that about Believers, even?---

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

It says no one knows the day or the hour so since no one knows, it could be today or next month or 20 years from now. We are to be “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ “ (Titus2:13) because “ unto them that look for him shall he appear. ” (Hebrews 9:28) If you are keeping yourself ready and believe He is stand at the door, that implies He is about to open that door. It is imminent.

Mark 13: 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

Mathhew 24:48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of

2 Peter 3:3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation

Many verses in the gospels tell us to WATCH. When a person is not looking for Him he tends to become slothful and to compromise.

Heb 11:5 is saying that b/c of Enoch's PLEASING GOD, he got to leave w/o dying; how does this apply to the Second Coming/Rapture? Elijah also didn't die, does that apply here, also?

Genesis 5: 23And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: 24And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Hebrews 11:5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

James 1:6-7 says “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Enoch is an example of being caught up to be with the Lord because he pleased God. He was so close to Him and knew Him that He just took him . Since it was by Faith he was taken up, then if a person doesnt believe he will be caught up, he is in doubt not faith. Without faith we cannot please Him nor receive His promises. Also Elijah was taken up to be with the Lord.

If we are being obedient to God’s Word we will do what the Bible says -- Watch and look for Him in faith, for everything we do is determined by our faith.

I don’t know if you read the first post on this thread, which has some of these verses and many others that can help you understand. But because it would make this quite lengthy I don’t want repeat them here.

AMEN!!! Gloria, My heart leaps with joy for the HOPE you have....

AMEN!!! Gloria :boy_hug: :girl:

My heart :love: leaps :plane: with joy for the HOPE:rainbow: you have displayed here through the obvious workings of God's Holy Spirit, through you.

The PEACE of our LORD, Christ JESUS, passes all understanding.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.Isaiah 26:26

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD, the ONLY begotten Son of GOD.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Read the above scripture carefully, and it will tell you that the second coming of the lord Jesus Christ, is not imminent. And after you read it you must put away all the teachings of men.. and believe the word of God. There is no other way around this. If you really want the holy spirit to teach you: you must go by the word of God. Every time Satan tempted Jesus ... Jesus said it is written, or used the word against him. Satan also turned around the words of God, while talking to Eve in the garden of Eden. So go by the word, and you wont be deceived. Read whats in bold, and underlined, and believe it.

There is only one second coming of Jesus Christ...day of Christ, or day of the lord, their both the same.

God bless you all

Praise the lord Brothers and Sisters: I would just like to add, don't go stomping out of your Church, or fellowship with believers just because they are Pre-Trib/ Mid-Trib/ or Post-Trib believers...the book of Revelation is one of the most difficult books of the Bible...and i know there are many, many, holy ghost filled men and woman, who disagree on the interpretation of this book. God will reveal the prophecies of this book in good time.

As a matter of fact, we are seeing some of this book being revealed as time goes by. The holy spirit is showing many saints new understanding of this book. But, the best interpreter of scripture... is scripture, we must keep that in mind. An angel told Daniel not to try and understand, all that was shown to him of his endtime visions. For many will run to and fro, and knowledge will increase. We are diffinitly running to and fro, and knowledge is increasing, through the use of the internet. Could be another fulfilment of prophecy i quess. :shade:

God bless

Last edited:
After more than 20 years researching and studying, comparing scriptures with scripture on this subject, I respecfully submit that " by our gathering together unto him" in 2 Thess.2:1 is refering to 1 Thess. 4:17 which says "we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air," not when " his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives" (Zechariah 14:4)

The world and even our country has had a drastic "falling away" in the last several years and it not like it was many years ago.

However we are to keep the unity of the faith . So we can fellowship about what we do agree on --Jesus is our Lord, the only Savior of the world!

Revelation 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Last edited: