• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Cannot do it anymore!!!!!!!

I have been married 8 years. i posted before a couple years ago, and i know that i should wait upon the Lord but i am wondering if maybe i am missing his voice! My husband is a drug addict. he is useless to me and my son. he has not worked in 4 years now, and i am working to pay the bills. he is selling evrything he can get his hands on, and tonight he sold a very special bracelt that my mom had bought for me. I have had all i can take with him. I do not love him, he has done too much to me and my son. I spent three years caring for our baby when he was fighting luekemia in memphis while my husband was here selling everything and spending money people had give him to help us with on dope!!! i pray, and i wait, and i know my God is good. i think i am missing something. i dont think God wants me to have to live like this!!!!! can i divorce him. i need away from this!!! i DONT want my son growing up in it!!!! ty

Staff Member
I will trust and not be afraid
Isaiah 12:2

Greetings @kyval82

Committing your horrible situation to the Lord sister.....He knows, He loves, He cares

Nothing is too big for the Lord to sort out and deal with

Do you have any supportive family or Christian friends that you can go and stay with for a while with your beloved son?

This is just a short response but please know you are in my prayers dear sister.....and I know and trust that the Lord wants only the best for His children

Bless you

He hath said I will never leave thee
Hebrews 13:5

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
I have been married 8 years. i posted before a couple years ago, and i know that i should wait upon the Lord but i am wondering if maybe i am missing his voice! My husband is a drug addict. he is useless to me and my son. he has not worked in 4 years now, and i am working to pay the bills. he is selling evrything he can get his hands on, and tonight he sold a very special bracelt that my mom had bought for me. I have had all i can take with him. I do not love him, he has done too much to me and my son. I spent three years caring for our baby when he was fighting luekemia in memphis while my husband was here selling everything and spending money people had give him to help us with on dope!!! i pray, and i wait, and i know my God is good. i think i am missing something. i dont think God wants me to have to live like this!!!!! can i divorce him. i need away from this!!! i DONT want my son growing up in it!!!! ty

We are to not be unequally yoked, but marriage is sacred, unless he wants a divorce, you could at least separate from him. His influence on yourself and your son is worse than negligent! And while separated, only meet him in public places, not at the home you are staying at, to keep his thieving hands at bay. Do not get back together until he gets clean, and don't take his word that he is clean. Meet with him at least every other week if possible and "see" if he is high, I am sure you know the signs. Only after he has been clean at least 6 months, should you even consider going back, and pray about it seeking the leading of the Holy Spirit in the matter.

Active
No one can know the pain and heartache of another until they have stepped into there shoes. I sure cannot tell you what to do,but I can show you a scripture which may indeed help you in your freedom from bondage.Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance( this endurance heb 10:36-39) the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus,the author and perfecter of faith,who for the joy set before him( what was that joy sis? Seeing you and I coming to him while hanging high upon that cross) endured the cross,despising the shame,and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. May this help you in giving you the wisdom to know this!( 1 Cor 10:13) You are in my prayers Kyval82!

It going to take a miracle too change that guy !

God wants us living in peace and joy ! and He counts on us to take care of our children !

It appears to me ! The child suffering lots and it must be having a bad affect on His mind ?

I would not tell HIM ! But i would move out and then divorce HIM !

2Co_6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I pray Father god You will guide this lady and protect Her and Her Child 1 In the mighty name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST !
Thank YOU LORD!

I count marriage holy ! But it appears we must at times ! We cannot let our selves be destroyed or those GOD has delivered into our hands to care for and protect !

He expects us to take care of them !

Hi kyval82,

There isn't one of us here who can honestly say that we know what you are going through or what you feel, but what we do know is that Jesus did not die on the cross to give you life so that you could live it miserably. He wanted to give us life and give it to us abundantly. He loves you so much and wants you to enjoy your life. He knows your hurt, saddness and anger and he knows how much you have prayed and waited and He knows how much you love your son. A man is supposed to protect his wife and children putting them above himself and provide for them. From all you have said this man has taken from you and your son leaving you to work to provide for yourself and your son. This situation isn't healthy for you or your son to be in. Your little boy needs a healthy influence in his life as far as seeing how a man of God is supposed to act and he isn't getting that in the situation you both are in and you both deserve to be treated better than you are.

Noone can tell you the decisions to make that is something that is between you and God my friend and sister. Just know that He wants the best for you and being in a relationship with someone who isn't there for you, who is stealing from you and who is forcing you to work to make ends meet while he is putting himself first isn't the kind of life our God wants for you. Don't get me wrong He loves your husband, but does not condone what he is doing at all and isn't willing that he or you or your son suffer. You need to think about what is best for you and your son right now and pray about it and let God lead you to the decision He wants for you.

I will be praying for you and your son in this situation knowing that God will lead you to do the right thing and I will also be praying for your husband that his eyes and heart be opened to see what he is doing to his family and that he seeks help and wants to change his ways and that he come to know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God bless you my dear sister and friend.

AA

Active
God doesn't want you to live in a situation that is dangerous and especially dangerous to the mind of your son. The situation you are in is not from the hand of God, but of the enemy. The advice you were given about separation is excellent---but I would wait past six months---perhaps even a year before entertaining a reconciliation. Your husband needs to be dependable to you and your son, and the Lord can only make those changes in him. Seek a Christian counselor or see your pastor for support. I pray that a wise woman of God will come alongside you.

Staff Member
God doesn't want you to live in a situation that is dangerous and especially dangerous to the mind of your son. The situation you are in is not from the hand of God, but of the enemy.

Yes in agreement with Ophel

Get yourself and your son somewhere safe to stay as soon as you can....with Christians if possible.....and then prayerfully wait on the Lord....... He will show you the path to take, He loves you dearly. He knows your future sister....... It is in His hands.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon Thee because he trusteth in Thee
Isaiah 26:3

i am so very thankful for all of you and your support and Godly advice. i decided to seperate a couple days ago. I am sad because it doesn't even hurt, it is more or less the same. like he really isn't even there.. that is sad, because i just wanted a Godly husband.. good and decent, that is all.. but i can't make him be, and he has had every opportunity to get clean, but refuses them all... it's just a waste of time for me anymore, time that i am losing, and precious energy i don't have anymore... much love and thanks to you all!