• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can we fight the Battle of Armageddon?

I know the final war will involve the angels, demons, God and Satan but I was wondering if there will also be humans involved. Can souls that are already in Heaven come back to Earth to take part in the Lord's army?

Believe it or not, I am keen on participating because I hold this strong belief about military service but am too scared to go to boot camp in this lifetime so I was wondering if I could still make up by joining God's army where no drill sergeant will be psychologically torturing me.

Plus I get to take part in the most important battle ever. And that's a lot of glory there.

Been praying to God for permission to volunteer. I hope he says 'Yes'.

Last edited:
I see.

But isn't it supposed to be a seven-year war or something (let me know if I'm wrong) where others besides God is involved?

The War

It will be pretty peaceful for 3 1/2 years (Outside of God's Seals) The Antichrist will muster a army at the end, and most likely join forces with China to march on Israel. This takes place at Megiddo. Jesus hands everyone their backside. Rev 19

There may be war, but the Antichrist will be one of flattering lips, and the bringer of peace........but only for the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation.

Jesus Is Lord.

If Jesus will wipe out the enemy in the blink of an eye (that thing about how a sword of light will vanquish all armies), I don't think there's gonna be a battle because that's what you call a massacre.

yep..........

Rev says "By the sword of his mouth" The pool of blood from this will extend over 200 miles. I suspect Jesus speaks something, and things go real bad for the armies that have marched against the Lord and his people. We will get to watch this, so don't feel left out.

Jesus Is Lord.

I Love Questions About the Future!

Revelation 19:11-21 (King James Version)

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

As you can see in verse 19, Satan ( the Beast)
is ready to make war with Him who sits on the
white horse(Jesus) AND HIS ARMY.( THE CHRISTIANS)

To me it seems like we are ready to fight a war. But the good thing to remember is
IF WE FIGHT OR IF WE DONT, WE STILL WIN BECAUSE JESUS IS ON OUR SIDE!

HERE ARE SOME FUTURE EVENTS THAT MIGHT HELP YOU
PUT EVERYTHING IN ORDER

First come The Rapture, Revelation 4-(also see I Thessalonians 4: 15,16,17)when all the Christians will be removed from the earth

then COMES

the Tribulation Period which will last for 7 years Revelation Chapters 6-19

after that the Second Coming of Christ Revelation 19:11-21

Then the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, Revelation 20:6

a time of peace when Jesus will rule on earth from his

Father David's Throne (this is also a time when

Satan will be bound 1000 years)

After the thousand years are up

Satan will be loosed again to deceive the nations. Revelation 20:7-10

Fire will rain down out of the sky on those nations who rise up against God and they will be devoured Revelation 20:9,10

Then comes The White Throne Judgment, A Judgment

For All UNBELIEVERS Revelation 20:11

(NO SAVED PEOPLE WILL BE IN THIS JUDGMENT

This Judgment takes place during indescribable

void between the end of the present universe and

the creation of the new heaven and earth

ALL THE SINNERS WILL BE CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE

AND THE EARTH WILL BE BURNED UP (CLEANED UP)

ELEMENTS WILL MELT WITH A FERVENT HEAT

here the contaminated universe goes out of existence.

Peter describes this moment in 2 Peter 3:10-13

The universe is uncreated and going into non-existence Matt 24:35

THIS IS GODS WAY OF GETTING RID OF ALL EVIL BEFORE HE BRINGS DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN,

The Holy City, New Jerusalem

where all the Christians (saved redeemed by the blood of the lamb)

will dwell forever. Revelation 21

GOD BLESS YOU
YOU ASK SOME REALLY GOOD QUESTIONS!

There's gonna be no battle at Armageddon because God will pour fire from Heaven on the enemies before the battle starts. So the battle is already won by Jesus.

P.S. The battle of Armageddon isn't the last battle. The last battle will be Gog & Magog; not Armageddon.

Last edited:
Light and darkness

Those dressed in white that come with the Lord Jesus are those who were saved and have the garments of righteousness on them.

The story of David and Goliath gives an explanation about what is going to happen. Goliath represents the Anti-christ (who is Satan personallised) with all the nations of the world behind him. After 2 and a half years into his reign he starts to declare himself as God and blasphemes God. He wants to destroy Israel and prevent the return of Jesus. David is a type of Jesus Christ, the anointed, who comes from God and trusts in God. He overcomes the Anti-christ and all the nations mourn.

Remember that Israel today is out of the will of God and the leaders are the same as Saul who separated himself from God because of his disobedience and their rejection of their Messiah - Jesus Christ. God anoints another king in David who is the line of Jesse which is also the line of Jesus. He is a man after Gods own heart as was Jesus Christ. He Himself declared I and my Father are one - they share the same purpose.

Israel will not be able to take on the Anti-christ and the armies of the world and therefore will have to have someone that can. As David did with Goliath so Jesus will do with the Anti-christ. He will overcome him with the word of His mouth - a double edged sword (Old and New Testaments - the testimony of Him).

As David cut off the head of the Goliath with a sword which means in analogy that he removed the authority that Goliath had over the nations and the world. Jesus Christ comes and takes away the authority that the Anti-christ has over the nations and the world.

So therefore we who come with Jesus will have no part in the fight. The Bible says that God is our salvation and our own works will not suffice. He has provided the means for men and woman and children to find that salvation through His Son who shed His Blood on the cross for us. His words were IT IS FINISHED - the work of redemption is finished. Rest in that.

Regards
Donald

JHM

Chronologically speaking, first comes the "Destruction of Babylon", then the return of Christ to rule the world for 1000 years, then Satan is allowed to escape one last time to rally the nations to his cause, which results in a war culminating in the battle of Armageddon.

Now if you have read the Parable of the wineskins, and understood it, you must realize that those born AFTER Christ's return will be given the gift of "Everlasting Life", but not those born before Christ's return. "New wine for new wineskins" - But putting new wine in old wineskins would cause them to burst. Translation : If you have ever heard of "Tellomeres" you know that scientists have found that it would only require very minor changes in our phyiological design to allow us to live indefinitely. BUT - according to the parable of the wineskins, these changes must be made at a very early stage in the development of a human being or else they would kill the individual involved. So, - don't expect to live until "Armageddon". As for the possibility of re-incarnation to live again as a different individual, - that one remains an open issue, could possibly achieve your desire that way.

Armageddon

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. Joh 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Joh 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1Co 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
1Co 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The doctrine that you are sharing with me is more in line with the Jehovah Witnesses and their doctrine is not in line with the Authorised Version of the Bible.

In the first set of verses that I have given you above from the true Bible show that Jesus made the promise that he will return and take those in Him to where He is.

The above scriptures all point to the coming of Jesus Christ to remove His Chruch from this planet. They also point to the fact that through Jesus Christ there is a hope of eternal life because since through Adam came death to all men then through the last Adam, (Jesus Christ) will come life to all men - who believe. John 3:16-18 (For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life). For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

From the time of Adam sin has been in this world and anyone denying this is denying the truth because one just has to look at this world and see that iniquity abounds all ten commandments are being broken and they enjoy it!!!. Those who are not one with Christ are one with Satan and they do his works. Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The second set of verses from 1 Corinthians 15 so that same doctrine being given to encourage the church. That there is a resurrection from the dead and those in Christ will definitely be with Him at the resurrection. It is a historical fact that Jesus came and that He did die so to deny this would be in denial for the truth of history. Men do not want to beleive that Jesus was the Son of God because they do not want to bring their evil deeds into the light - that is tell the truth about what they have done.

The last set of verses from 1 Thesolonians again show Paul the Apostle encouraging the church. Jesus will come with a shout and the dead in Christ will rise first and then those who are in Christ and are still alive will follow them.

After this there will be such chaos on the planet earth that even the worst disaster the world has ever known will be small in comparison. The chaos caused by a natural disaster is localised to a specific region but the disaster that will follow after the church has been removed will be world wide and will usher in the Anti-christ who will reign for 7 years. He will cause all men and women and children to take the mark without which no one will be able to buy or sell. Revelation 13. We all carry already an identity document that we use to buy and sell but when they force this to be taken on the forehead and hand it will seal the fate of the world. They will then be forever lost without hope of eternal life. The rest I explained in my previous post on this thread.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and God calls all to repentance. After salvation they are given the Holy Spirit to grow in grace into the likeness of Gods only Son Jesus Christ and declare through their works His righeousness. The fact that I am forgiven and that my sin has been blotted out shows that Jesus Christ took the judgement for my sin on Himself. I was like a person who has been walking the streets for years rejecting my paraent authority doing my own thing full of iniquity and then asking for forgiveness they welcome me back into their house and immediately start restoring me to my former glory before I rejected them. God does the same to all who are willing to let go of sin and embrace His righteousness. To these He gives eternal life.

Do not be fooled by the false doctrines that this world and its religions give but embrace the truth and receive eternal life

Regards
Donald

JHM

See Matthew 22 : 23 - 32 or Mark 12 : 18 -- 27. The resurrection of the dead is not quite the same as the "Life Everlasting" given those born after Christ's return.

Last edited:
Armageddon

Mat 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

According to the end of the scriptures that you quoted in your thread - Matthew 22:32 Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are dead and buried but they are alive because the God of heaven is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob showing that all three are alive and with God in heaven. They have inherited eternal life. Matthew 22:32 is given in the present tense and not in the past or future tense.

These verses when given in the correct context are showing that there is no marriage in heaven which is what Jesus is saying here in these verses you quoted. Therefore after the resurrection there will be no marriage. Romans 7 also says that once a person has died he/she is freed from the law of marriage and is free to marry again which shows that Paul was acting in line with what Jesus said.

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Also take note of what Paul said in the following verses:

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

I, as a disciple of Jesus Christ, born again of the Spirit of God, am seated with Christ in the heavenly places (spiritually as the body cannot inherit eternal life). At the resurrection I will receive a new glorified body that is free of sin. To be born again means that I have had my sins forgiven and that my spirit is joined to Christs Spirit and we are one. I am in Him, and He in me and we in God. I have eternal life!! I must remain in Him or I can lose that eternal life and therefore must remain in obedience Ezek 18: 24 speaks of this :

Ezek 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Regards
Donald

c
Matthew 22:32 is given in the present tense and not in the past or future tense.

These verses when given in the correct context are showing that there is no marriage in heaven which is what Jesus is saying here in these verses you quoted. Therefore after the resurrection there will be no marriage in heaven.

Marriage wasn't the central issue in Jesus' encounter with the Sadducees. The central issue was their disbelief in the resurrection of the dead. They'd concocted that marriage "problem" in an attempt to confuse the issue and discredit His teaching.

SLE

JHM

With respect of what SpiritLedEd said, that is true, nonetheless, according to Christ there will be no marraige among those resurrected from the dead. But what about those who haven't died, and who have been given everlasting Life, are they not able to marry when they are taken to the new planet prepared by Christ after he was resurrected himself ? Personally I think they will be able to marry. Whole point being, resurrection from the dead, is not the same as "Everlasting Life" per "New wine for new wineskins".

See John 14 <SUP>2</SUP> : (King James Version)
John 14 <SUP>2</SUP> : In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

See Revelations 21 <SUP>1-2</SUP> : Revised Standard Version
Revelations 21 <SUP>1-2</SUP> : Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband

Note: Since the Father appears to be the ruler of an interstellar empire, I take John 14 <SUP>2</SUP> to mean "In my Father’s empire are many inhabited planets: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go now to prepare a new one for you". There are apparently two great destructions coming. One, in the very near future, will see the total destruction of "the daughter of Babylon", and "the daughter of Chaldea", as well as the less complete destruction of other parts of the world. This will be followed by the return of Christ to rule the world for one thousand years, after which there is to be a second destruction which will so damage the planet as to render it barely habitable. Apparently Christ, after leaving earth, has been busy preparing a new planet for those who make the grade.

Last edited:
But what about those who haven't died, and who have been given everlasting Life, are they not able to marry when they are taken to the new planet prepared by Christ after he was resurrected himself ? Personally I think they will be able to marry.

Check again the wording of Mt 22:30 NIV: "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. They will be like the angels in heaven." Its not limited to those who are resurrected. It includes believers who are alive at Jesus' second coming. The resurrection is the time when marriage as we know it will end and all true believers will corporately be The Bride Of Christ.

SLE

JHM

You are wrong, though I would have to explain an awful lot in order for you to see it. When my post count hits 49 and I can post images of photographed documents, then perhaps I can explain.

For now, be advised that my reading comprehension has been tested and found to be in the 99.997th percentile; or 3 in 100,000 people.

See : Isaiah 13 : 12 (Jerusalem Bible)
Isaiah 13 : 12 : "I will make men scarcer than pure gold, human life scarcer than the gold of Ophir."

See Isaiah 4 : 1 (Revised Standard Version)
Isaiah 4 : 1 : And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, "We will eat our own bread and wear our own clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away our reproach."

i.e. Marry us, because after Christ returns, Ladies who are neither married nor virgins will find that situation an embarassment. But women don't outnumber men by a seven to one ratio do they ? - At least not NOW. - BUT if you have ever heard of "The Donner Party Expedition", which has been VERY thoroughly studied, you would know that in conditions of extreme privation brought on by cold and starvation, (i.e. nuclear winter), women out survive men by approximately that ratio.

See Matthew 24 : 20 - 22 (King James Version)
Matthew 24 20 - 22 : "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day: for then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should be no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Back from the Dead!!!

You folks make it sound complicated.........

We don't die!!!! EVER!!!

Our bodies will be raised from the dead, this has nothing to do with us as we are Spirits. We just get them old bodies back dry cleaned and improved.

What scripture says that the Body of Christ is a bride????
Husband love your wives as Christ loved the Church? is that where we get this idea??

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

The scripture tells us that the Bride (Lambs wife) is Jerusalem... At least in my bible it does. There is no term mentioned "Bride of Christ" People make that junk up.

Marriage:

There will be no reason to marry or be given in marriage. Nothing is said about not being able to keep your same associations that you had while on earth though.

And Donald is very correct........... There is a Rapture, and a resurrection of the dead in Christ, BEFORE the Tribulations.

Jesus Is Lord.

JHM

Well we shall have to agree to disagree on that one. I believe there will still be marriage after the return of Christ, amoung those who have NEVER died.

Another point of interest to me is : What do people here, (especially the moderators), think of "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance" ?

Marriage.................

JHM:
Well we shall have to agree to disagree on that one. I believe there will still be marriage after the return of Christ, amoung those who have NEVER died.

Luk 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
Luk 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luk 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Jesus said that those worthy to obtain "That World" are not given in any marriage. We are not of this World. (John 18:36) (John 17:16)

I agree that there will be a marriage super, but I don't see any scripture where the Body of Christ is considered a bride or female in any way. Jesus would not marry his own body.

What scriptures are you looking at, and who do you see as getting married??

(I hear the Pentecostal folks mention that we are the bride of Christ, but I have no idea where they have obtained that term.)

There are about 4 different Greek Words uses for Marriage. One is a husband and wife, one is a daughter given in marriage, one is to be given in marriage.

The one mentioned in REV is a feast, or just the event itself without stating who the marriage is for.

STRONGS:
I use strongs, thayer, And Nasec. I also use BDB for the Hebrew. I like them all, and use them all.

Be blessed!!!! :)

Jesus Is Lord.