• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can someone Help me?

Active
Salvation was 1st to God's chosen people -- the Jews and Then extended to the Gentiles (the rest of the world) Because the Jews - as a people group - would Not accept Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah.

Part of that is found in Acts 11:19 - 25 or so. Matthew 15;24 -- lost sheep of Israel Romans 1:16.

So 'we' are presently living in the time of the Gentiles -- at some future point in time -- the Church will be taken up and out of this present world to be with Jesus Christ. During the next 7 yrs. , God Will be dealing, once again with the Jewish population. that are still here.

In the Big picture -- God knew that salvation would be extended to Everyone. That's why He provided salvation for All.
Good answer, Sue!

I have been thinking on this same subject. I have come to the conclusion that actually following what Jesus' commands is what we need to do. Here is something that makes sense to me (you can tell me if it makes sense to you). Jesus says, "you cannot serve (work) for two masters either you will love one and hate the other, you cannot serve (work) for both God and mammon (money and things is can buy) at the same time" (Mathew 6:24). Now this is where I find all this to be very interesting. "he (antichrist) will cause both small and great, rich and poor to receive a mark in their right hand or forehead in which without, they cannot buy or sale" (Revelation 13:16-18). So, if we take those verses from Mathew and the verses from Revelation and look at them side by side, you will see that Jesus' teachings are preparing us for when we can't use money. He is trying to prepare us, He wants us to drop our love of money (which is idolatry) and start putting our love back in and on God. If we do not put our faith back in God, then our greed and our love for money will be our destruction.

I hope this finds you well.

Active
I know this doesn't apply to most claiming to be Christian, but it needs to be said .When a "Street Ministry" project is announced, few Christians of any denomination show up to participate, and they are usually the same 4-5 out of potential thousands.

When preaching the gospel of Christ to crowds, say in a park where lots of people like to go relax, sometimes many will stop to hear at least a part of your message. Some think "Oh, I believe in that. I'm hungry. Let's find a nice restaurant". Believers peel off. Occasionally one or two will respond and are willing to let us pray, and sometimes of those one will accept Jesus as Savior. What then?

In the earlier days of those approaches we had no plan of follow-up. We went through a variety of "sinner's prayers", then rarely ever saw any again. Who could know which really meant it from their heart? Jesus commanded they be discipled. Well, it was assumed folks would show up to be discipled. We have no record of apparently 99.99% plus of them coming alongside! So we carry to them food and other things we think they surely need, like toothpaste, toothbrush, deodarant and socks.

The best biblical method was how Jesus developed disciples. They dropped their personal goals, entire careers, to follow Him.

Now how could we or God hold the few who responded positively to the gospel of Christ enough to acknowledge to live 100% by Jesus' commandments if they have not been discipled? It simply can't happen. They can only recall what is put in them. The Holy Spirit can help them recall whatver they have received from the Lord, but is not responsible for what is not put into their hearts all they need to live righteously. It is no less situation than downloading an IRS tax app, but not entering vital data to finally satisfy the IRS. Someone has to remove the ignorance.

It's troubling to me how many souls walked away bearing the Good News, but had no further guidance. Those souls seem to just fade away. Even if they pick up a Bible and read some of it, how could we account that as discipleship? Then, if they do show up, how many Sunday school lessons, and sermons, does it take for the message to take hold? Why put the blame of failure on the Holy Spirit, who empowers the people with gifts of the Spirit to bring the weak up to strong?

Many who do actually join a congregation might need decades of lessons to realize what is expected of them. They sit among Christians who have been saturated with instruction for decades, but won't go into the local streets to help the helpless. A few might be willing to approach a few in the dtreet of a foreign place, insulated from accountabilty.

Loyal
Street Ministry projects -- depending on the geographical local can be dangerous. Unless you feel specifically called To that ministry.

Back some decades ago -- that and door to door visitation were popular. Now -- a person never knows what's on the other side of the door. Actually had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses stop by -- I simply said that 'now' is not a good time , they handed me a tract and left. That's the first time in a Long time anyone has stopped by.

Loyal
Dovegiven -- and That is one of the problems with Street Ministry evangelism -- the follow-up -- lack there of. And, it's probably true that some Do accept Christ and get into a Bible-teaching church. And That is why local church centered visitation is important. And missions - local church oriented.

The goal really Should be to be in God's Word and grow to be more and more Christ-like. And That is Not the same thing as being taught God's Commands to follow.

A born-again believer Has the Holy Spirit working in them -- being in God's Word is necessary for spiritual growth. Sunday school teaching, hearing Biblical sermons , fellowshipping with other growing Christians Is important in discipling believers. Your question as to how much of That does it take for the message to take hold. We should All be in the process Of growing. Of sharing with others. What does it mean for the message to "take hold".

So -- the willingness of a person to 'go to the streets to help the helpless' is to you the litness test of real spirituality. And supposedly going to a foreign place to minister is getting out of accountability?! No -- my sister and brother in law were in foreign missions for 40 years in Brazil. In order to go there -- they had to go through a mission board -- they had to visit churches to gain financial support -- sharing what / why they felt led To Brazil / to those people. Generally it takes about 2 yrs. to gain financial support in order to go under a mission board -- they were Always accountable to their supporting churches -- sending progress reports back to churches. They were Not insulated from Anything.

Active
Street Ministry projects -- depending on the geographical local can be dangerous. Unless you feel specifically called To that ministry.

Back some decades ago -- that and door to door visitation were popular. Now -- a person never knows what's on the other side of the door. Actually had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses stop by -- I simply said that 'now' is not a good time , they handed me a tract and left. That's the first time in a Long time anyone has stopped by.

Street ministry got Jesus and disciples in predicaments with stoning crowds. It's always been hazardous. Missionary Jim Elliot lost his life "street" witnessing to the Aucus tribe, knowing the tribe had killed all other outsiders.

We don't just walk into a gang controlled area, but go by invitation just as you should visit another nation by way of a passport. A local pastor the folks recognize helps prevent them from crossing to the other side of the street, so to speak. A few times a year the best idea is for the church to host a neighborhood picnic. Those draw hundreds of happy folks who are not offended to be witnessed to. Sure, a few bad apples will drive by taunting, gesturing.
We passed out Jesus Loves Me pins, very popular with children, when people believe our message which ends with "Now do you believe Jesus loves you?" They are invited to church, and we have a bus ministry available. We go downtown around tourist areas too. All street witnessing is in daylight hours.

We always have at least one person concealed carry, recommended by local police. That is permitted by Jesus and is quite reasonable. Nobody has had to use that, praise the Lord. We wouldn't want a 'Peter slicing an ear off' scenario. Parents will help with that, arriving armed for protection of their families, some open carrying pistols, which is permitted too.

Loyal
Jim Elliot and his wife and missions group were Not 'street' witnessing. That was their calling. That Indian group.

I would agree -- local believers Could host neighborhood picnics -- kind of like a neighborhood watch thing. Getting to know your neighbors is Important. That's the Great Commission being talked about -- start out locally, at home and progress further and further Out, as God leads.

The church buss ministry -- I'm not even very big on That. Unless the parents are being brought along with their kids. Too often the kids are sent on the buss and parents end up with free baby-sitting for an hour or so. And, yes, some parents are also reached this way. But why not start out with parents -- a family bus ministry. And That way - a church doesn't have a lot of kids in their service unattended. And That's what happened in one church that Had a bus ministry. Lots of kids were picked up -- we sat in the back pews for our own bathroom stops -- some kids sitting in back of us were simply talking / passing notes / goofing off. I finally wrote a note to the older of the kids and handed it to them. So Please sit quietly and listen to the pastor. That worked for a while. I wasn't mad at them, just expected respect and quietness during the preaching service.

Your example of Jesus and His disciples doing 'street' ministry -- Stephen was stoned. Jesus Also performed miracles and showed people that there was something outside of themselves that was happening. But your example is kind of like comparing 'apples and oranges'. We are living in This day and age. The world has changed considerably since then.

Active
Jim Elliot and his wife and missions group were Not 'street' witnessing. That was their calling. That Indian group.

I would agree -- local believers Could host neighborhood picnics -- kind of like a neighborhood watch thing. Getting to know your neighbors is Important. That's the Great Commission being talked about -- start out locally, at home and progress further and further Out, as God leads.

The church buss ministry -- I'm not even very big on That. Unless the parents are being brought along with their kids. Too often the kids are sent on the buss and parents end up with free baby-sitting for an hour or so. And, yes, some parents are also reached this way. But why not start out with parents -- a family bus ministry. And That way - a church doesn't have a lot of kids in their service unattended. And That's what happened in one church that Had a bus ministry. Lots of kids were picked up -- we sat in the back pews for our own bathroom stops -- some kids sitting in back of us were simply talking / passing notes / goofing off. I finally wrote a note to the older of the kids and handed it to them. So Please sit quietly and listen to the pastor. That worked for a while. I wasn't mad at them, just expected respect and quietness during the preaching service.

Your example of Jesus and His disciples doing 'street' ministry -- Stephen was stoned. Jesus Also performed miracles and showed people that there was something outside of themselves that was happening. But your example is kind of like comparing 'apples and oranges'. We are living in This day and age. The world has changed considerably since then.

Jim Elliot and his friend are not on record as approved or prepared by a missionary board's approval. He attended Wheaton College, majoring in a non-religious pursuit, but was further inspired by a speech there. There was training in Spanish, living and ministering in Mexico and S. America, but largely he was driven by a burning desire from childhood listening to visiting missionaries in church services. He's a perfect example of how Jesus can call the unlikely to succeed. He gave his life for those Indians even though the team was armed, deciding not to defend themselves. That was a viable decision. They gained all, lost nothing concerning eternity. Those islanders came to Christ later through his wife who carried on his vision.

If not visiting in a home, practically all significant evangelism is a matter of crusades, media, and person to person witnessing. All Christians are called by general order from Jesus to be a bright light to someone nearby, to reach out with the gospel to the world as much as practical. Yes, some are called into specific offices such as preacher, evangelist. We will all be judged of that mission call to all. Sending a dollar to a missionary is not equal to speaking up, confessing Christ to people. Out in the sun, in the malls, in public places is all "street ministry".

About modern children's ministries. We have 3 bus driver teams, each with a volunteer driver and a children's pastor often with spouse picking up kids. When they arrive, they go to Children's Church. We have 4 paid youth pastors and volunteers helping with 4 age groups. They have their own facility, their own bathrooms. We figured out saved as well as unsaved children avoid boredom by hearing what is well received by all children, the adult sessions way above their heads until they choose to take part in those in their teens. The pizza breakfast helps :smile:

It's just too hard to get into a home of unsaved folks. But when they see progress in their children, they sometimes begin coming, and eventually some start bringing their children, often to the disappointment of their children. The kids love singing and having fun on the bus. and miss out on the breakfast. Not one complaint has come to my knowledge of anyone resenting those parents getting free babysitting. We see it as an investment into the children, which can add to the parents' blessings. Some of those children we started with are enrolled in Bible schools on scholarships. Some have married and are well established, able to help their parents.

The whole idea is to get people into the benefit of church ministries based on biblical gifts to grow them in Christ, with the goal of adding to the family of God, and educating them to be productive disciples. That takes years, from toddler to adulthood, each age group finally able to relate to biblical concepts.

I was replying to you without stating names or pointing to threads that some here believe the Holy Spirit in a new believer equips them to live sin free from day one, apparently as soon as they are born again. That is unbiblical, actually false teaching. Their minds require renewal, regardless of age.

Now I would like to preach to the choir, in this case you, to somehow get through to them. He does not replace the ministries God gave to believers. If not, then the whole point of church gifts is pointless, that we don't need preachers and teachers. There is no telling how many people have been led to Christ, but not followed through to get them educated of the word of God, fellowship with other believers, and outreach to their own constellation of lost' watchers', people observing a changed life, whether it is real or not. An 'unarmed' new believer faces immediate resistance from old friends aided by demons and Satan. Many have but a vague idea of God, of the gospel beyond what they might remember from that street witness, or what God says is sin so they can judge other acts as related to sin. Then comes how do they learn to live righteous, above sin, above and apart from the old state they have been brainwashed to serve. At that point the Holy Spirit in them can help recall as needed what they have learned.

I believe most of the people Jesus ministered to was on the basis of true street witnessing, sometimes to one person to groups of many thousands. He didn't do that preaching in synagogues, where the leaders sought all the more to kill Him even after believing Him. Ruffle your feathers or not, God is not interested in adaptation of the gospel to changing world cultures. It's meant to be the opposite, to bring the world back into God's world. We have observed many miracles among the youth and adults reached. We've seen addicts instantly delivered and now working assignments of the church body. They are accountable. We've watched a former meth lab man who gave his life to the Lord upon seeing how his children and wife were blessed. He was then represented in court, the judge ordering him to our pastors, to his delight. He expected prison, but got probation. The man is bringing troubled associates to be discipled. There have been many physical healing events, restored marriages, reunited families receiving their fostered children back. We could write a big book about what we know about. We don't know what else happened or is happening that isn't told.

Active
So -- the willingness of a person to 'go to the streets to help the helpless' is to you the litness test of real spirituality. And supposedly going to a foreign place to minister is getting out of accountability?! No -- my sister and brother in law were in foreign missions for 40 years in Brazil. In order to go there -- they had to go through a mission board -- they had to visit churches to gain financial support -- sharing what / why they felt led To Brazil / to those people. Generally it takes about 2 yrs. to gain financial support in order to go under a mission board -- they were Always accountable to their supporting churches -- sending progress reports back to churches. They were Not insulated from Anything.

Of course, probably most foreign missionaries, and domestic, go out with blessing of a denominational mission board, and offered training, and pledged financial support. A HUGE error has been some deciding to just go, not handling the language or customs, meeting with dismal failure. Paul and Barnabas were sent and supported by the church at Jerusalem, gaining more support along their way on each mission by Paul or Barnabas, and others following.

I don't recall it being a "test" of ones' spirituality to do street ministry. That ought to become a natural event for a Christian, more like a soldier just doing what he is expected to perform without even thinking asbout it in advance. But even yet I observe a profound lack of confidence among most church members willing to bring up or continue discussion about Jesus. Their problem is probably a lack of growth in knowledge of the gospel. Some members might not even know Jesus yet, but have their family name on a foundation brick of their church. In a board meeting I was outvoted as to my call for more prayer before deciding domestic issues, such as whether to pay a utility bill for a struggling widow. "Brother, we shouldn't have to pray about everything." I then simply mentally targeted that man for more discipleship.

The idea of Christians being tested, or testing themselves, is simply not taught in the Bible as how God handles Christians. We either obey a command or don't, simple as that. We LEARN of God. He is patient with us. Fortunately he isn't like some parents who put their little children through tests. We teach them, and live our lives righteously before them. They learn success through our leadership. Or they learn how to fail, snared by the words of their parents, then of their own.

Loyal
rmed, deciding not to defend themselves. That was a viable decision. They gained all, lost nothing concerning eternity. Those islanders came to Christ later through his wife who carried on his vision.

Just mind blowing and only from God would a wife go to the people that killed her husband to get them saved and live among them !! what a testimony in Jesus Christ Power. The reason, as I am sure you both know, that the missionaries did not defend themselves against the Indians, (because they could of easily shot them but chose not to) was because they were not saved, they did not know Jesus. Man that is radical loving faith that just is awesome. ok I got excited when I saw you guys post on this,...... back to regular schedule programming :smile:

For no man is a fool who gives away what he can not keep in order to gain what he can not loose................Jim Ellot

Loyal
Of course, probably most foreign missionaries, and domestic, go out with blessing of a denominational mission board, and offered training, and pledged financial support. A HUGE error has been some deciding to just go, not handling the language or customs, meeting with dismal failure. Paul and Barnabas were sent and supported by the church at Jerusalem, gaining more support along their way on each mission by Paul or Barnabas, and others following.

I don't recall it being a "test" of ones' spirituality to do street ministry. That ought to become a natural event for a Christian, more like a soldier just doing what he is expected to perform without even thinking asbout it in advance. But even yet I observe a profound lack of confidence among most church members willing to bring up or continue discussion about Jesus. Their problem is probably a lack of growth in knowledge of the gospel. Some members might not even know Jesus yet, but have their family name on a foundation brick of their church. In a board meeting I was outvoted as to my call for more prayer before deciding domestic issues, such as whether to pay a utility bill for a struggling widow. "Brother, we shouldn't have to pray about everything." I then simply mentally targeted that man for more discipleship.

The idea of Christians being tested, or testing themselves, is simply not taught in the Bible as how God handles Christians. We either obey a command or don't, simple as that. We LEARN of God. He is patient with us. Fortunately he isn't like some parents who put their little children through tests. We teach them, and live our lives righteously before them. They learn success through our leadership. Or they learn how to fail, snared by the words of their parents, then of their own.

Over the years, it has been shown that some people, committed as they had been To a given field of ministering were not as prepared for the different culture -- the climate -- ability to learn the language as they thought they were. A lot of them only lasted for the first 4 years and then came home. So the concept of short-term missionaries / mission trips has become more profitable.

There was a situation where a young man could Not handle the high humidity of an area and got sick --easily dehydrated. After a while, he had to be air-lifted back home.

The church I've been at have several teams of church people going to various countries for two-week segments to assist present missionaries. One group had gone to a very dangerous area. One pastor had been killed outside of his home the week before Our team got there. Our pastor and wife were in that area. They visited many villages and saw lots of people come to Christ. After they left -- the pastor who had hosted them was taken by police for questioning. A wonderful opportunity to witness to the police and hopefully survive the visit. We did learn some time later that several of the groups they had witnessed to Did have casualties among the new believers.
The groups that go from church Do have to have inoculations, raise their funds, air lines tickets, etc. and be prepared for excessive heat.
And one young family going to southeast Asia cannot give actual location because some of those countries are closed to missions. Obviously they enter legally and are under orders to Not aggressively witness to anyone. However, they Can Answer any questions people would ask. So they are as loving and helpful in their secular field as they can be so that people Will ask questions and they will then have opportunity To share Gospel of salvation.

God Does Allow believers to be tested. He will allow some situations so that we can learn more about ourselves and appreciate more how God works in our lives.

Unfortunatly a lot of churches Don't teach their church members To witness. There are lots of people who go to church simply to have a 'safe' place to hear preaching or to take communion and feel better. A lot of churches / denominations are ritual - oriented. People are attracted to that. Ritual feels safe. A relation with God through Jesus Christ isn't really taught.

And , even in Bible - teaching churches -- if a person doesn't feel led to go to a foreign country, no one can force them to go. And there's Also a lot of easy-believism taking place. And lots of people have a great head knowledge Of God, who Jesus Christ is and even of salvation, but have not applied it to themselves in a personal way in their heart. And, there-in is the difference.

Loyal
Just mind blowing and only from God would a wife go to the people that killed her husband to get them saved and live among them !! what a testimony in Jesus Christ Power. The reason, as I am sure you both know, that the missionaries did not defend themselves against the Indians, (because they could of easily shot them but chose not to) was because they were not saved, they did not know Jesus. Man that is radical loving faith that just is awesome. ok I got excited when I saw you guys post on this,...... back to regular schedule programming :smile:

For no man is a fool who gives away what he can not keep in order to gain what he can not loose................Jim Ellot

Yes, that episode in history Is truly remarkable. Yes, and Mrs. Elliot got to know the very man who killed her husband and over a period of time, he came to Christ. They became like family.

I am currently trying to figure out what it really means to OBEY Jesus, I would just like to know y'alls thoughts about what it means to you. Because I have heard a bunch of different things while traveling and while preaching the Gospel to people and so I would like to know what it means to you guys.

To me it means that we have to listen to the things that Jesus says in the four Gospels, which are manly located in the Sermon on the Mount. I've heard others who say things such as all we do is just acknowledge his existence and we're good, some who say its the sinners prayer. I just want to get a new perspective, as always.

Peace and Love, from Lily
When asked what the greatest of the commandments was, Yeshua said to love one another as yourself, then said to love the Lord with all your heart. Loving one another means more than being nice to them, it means going out of your way to make sure they have what they need and they're cared for. If you love everyone because Yeshua said to, you'll attract people to Him. In the sermon on the mount, Jesus makes it clear that obeying Him is an attitude, a way of life, not an outward appearance or gesture -- it's not an act or something you do or don't do, it's a way of life that only comes from prayer and fellowship with the Creator and reading His Word daily.

Loyal
Lily Miller

The Gospels are but a small part of the entire New Testament.

The Most Important thing in life is having Jesus Christ as our Personal Lord and Savior. When That has taken place - then the Holy Spirit will be there to guide and direct our steps every day.

You travel a lot and preach the Gospel to others. While the Sermon on the Mount Is fine -- it's part of God's Word, but as you probably already know -- there's a LOT more to be learned in the rest of the New Testament books. And part of a believers' life would be spent reading His Word most every day and talking to Him / prayer.

Every persons' life is different. Does our daily living reflect Jesus Christ? Our language actions. How we Choose to respond Back to other people. Do we try to be an encourager / helper?

Staff Member
When asked what the greatest of the commandments was, Yeshua said to love one another as yourself, then said to love the Lord with all your heart. Loving one another means more than being nice to them, it means going out of your way to make sure they have what they need and they're cared for. If you love everyone because Yeshua said to, you'll attract people to Him. In the sermon on the mount, Jesus makes it clear that obeying Him is an attitude, a way of life, not an outward appearance or gesture -- it's not an act or something you do or don't do, it's a way of life that only comes from prayer and fellowship with the Creator and reading His Word daily.

Greetings,

methinks you might find the love mentioned is on par or equal to the lovingkindness of God, He Who justifies the ungodly, for while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
The merciful lovingkindness of the LORD is spoken of throughout Scripture and the instruction is to give thanks to the LORD for He is good.

If we would get our heads into His lovingkindness, that which is sent to the godly and ungodly, we would better understand the command of Jesus to love one another.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal

Your comment -- going out of your way to make sure people / a person / have what they need and that they're cared for. Well -- yes -- but in that process -- making sure people have what they need -- let them do what they, themselves, Can do. Instead of doing the fishing and setting a table for them -- that would probably Be needed right away. But teach them how to fish Them selves and then set their own table. That is Also showing them love.

When we had a mobile home fire decades ago. The Immediate help was essential. But in a 'bit' we became able to handle life independent of all that help. We need to let people 'grow'.

Your comment -- going out of your way to make sure people / a person / have what they need and that they're cared for. Well -- yes -- but in that process -- making sure people have what they need -- let them do what they, themselves, Can do. Instead of doing the fishing and setting a table for them -- that would probably Be needed right away. But teach them how to fish Them selves and then set their own table. That is Also showing them love.

When we had a mobile home fire decades ago. The Immediate help was essential. But in a 'bit' we became able to handle life independent of all that help. We need to let people 'grow'.
Totally agree. I'm a firm believer of teaching a person how to fish after giving them a fish when they're hungry. The book of James describes how to live a Christian life, it's worth studying.

Staff Member
Hello @bioleap
First Welcome to Talk Jesus this online Community of Christian Believers.
Second, what Sister Lily said, might make a little more sense to you if you'd allow yourself to know a bit more about Jesus.
Sometimes personalizing something, or in other words, putting yourself in the other persons shoes (non smelly of course :smile: ) might help you get a little perspective on where they might be coming from.

I would not begin to say I can understand/relate to all or any of what is or has happened in your life unless I've experienced the same, but I might take the time to try to understand the effects it is having on you.

With the Love of Christ Jesus I hope you get to stay around awhile to see what it means to believe and follow Jesus who gave His life for you.
Be Welcome!!
Nick
<><

Sermon - Invitation

I have been thinking on this same subject. I have come to the conclusion that actually following what Jesus' commands is what we need to do. Here is something that makes sense to me (you can tell me if it makes sense to you). Jesus says, "you cannot serve (work) for two masters either you will love one and hate the other, you cannot serve (work) for both God and mammon (money and things is can buy) at the same time" (Mathew 6:24). Now this is where I find all this to be very interesting. "he (antichrist) will cause both small and great, rich and poor to receive a mark in their right hand or forehead in which without, they cannot buy or sale" (Revelation 13:16-18). So, if we take those verses from Mathew and the verses from Revelation and look at them side by side, you will see that Jesus' teachings are preparing us for when we can't use money. He is trying to prepare us, He wants us to drop our love of money (which is idolatry) and start putting our love back in and on God. If we do not put our faith back in God, then our greed and our love for money will be our destruction.

I hope this finds you well.
And that was just a single example of things that can drive you away from God, another one could be not believing in Him so people will end up buying every single myth, fable, religion available out there to find so called explanations to the very same things that God had already revealed in His Word. For others it will be their lust for power like those 10 kings or governors or presidents or chancellors that will give away their power to the antichrist during the Tribulation. Actually this is something we have already seen many times when people support somebody corrupt because they think that's the way to become successful in this world...

I am currently trying to figure out what it really means to OBEY Jesus, I would just like to know y'alls thoughts about what it means to you. Because I have heard a bunch of different things while traveling and while preaching the Gospel to people and so I would like to know what it means to you guys.

To me it means that we have to listen to the things that Jesus says in the four Gospels, which are manly located in the Sermon on the Mount. I've heard others who say things such as all we do is just acknowledge his existence and we're good, some who say its the sinners prayer. I just want to get a new perspective, as always.

Peace and Love, from Lily

Hi Lily...you are right! The Sermon on the Mount tells us to:

1. Know that Torah is not abolished (thus it is still in force, Mt.5:17).
2. Know that ALL Torah is still in force (because everything is NOT yet accomplished....e.g., Dt.30:1-8 has not yet occurred).
3. Know that if you obey and teach even the smallest of Torah commands, then you will be GREAT in the forthcoming kingdom (Mt.5:19).
4. Know that if you disobey (and teach others to disobey) even the smallest of Torah commands, then you may be LEAST in the forthcoming kingdom (Mt.5:19).
5. Know that we should obey Torah BETTER than the corrupted Pharisees, or else we will not enter the forthcoming kingdom (Mt.5:20).
6. Know that we shall INHERIT the land promised to us (Mt.5:5), thus proving that we disciples of Jesus are accepted as ISRAELITES who share in the promised land inheritance (Gal.3:29).
7. Know we should hunger for righteousness (Mt.5:6) which we exhibit by obeying Torah (Dt.6:25).
8. Know that we are accepted as God's sons (Mt.5:9), which proves we are ISRAELITES (because it is ISRAEL who properly claims the LORD as FATHER, Dt. 32:6).
9. Know we should identify our sufferings as with the prophets (who also taught and obeyed Torah, Mt.5:12).
10. Know we should do good works of LIGHT (Mt.5:16) in the sight of others, and the Torah is our light (Ps.119:105) to shine before others (Dt.4:6).
11. Know we should present sacrifices for offerings, when able to do so (Mt.5:23).
12. Know we should be perfect (Mt.5:48), which entails obeying Torah (Ps.19:7).

Wow! I'm still in Matthew 5....and haven't finished the Sermon on the Mount yet....

But do you see the pattern?

YOU ARE AN ISRAELITE!

OBEY TORAH (as Israelites should)!

After all, Jesus COMMANDS Torah (Mt.23:2-3,23), with the promise of eternal life to those who obey (Lk.10:25-28), and the with the threat of great punishment against those who oppose Torah (Mt.5:19-20;7:21-23;13:41-42).

So let's obey Torah, as Jesus commands for ALL His disciples of ALL nations (Mt.28:19-20).

blessings....