• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can someone Help me?

Loyal
@Dovegiven -- At the moment of salvation, the Holy Spirit Does give a person at least one spiritual gift. They are listed in a couple of places in New Testament. Thinking Romans and one of the books of the Corinthians. No one 'asks' for any gift -- it's the Holy Spirit who Gives the gift. The ability to 'discern' Scripture -- some have it and some Don't. And I Think that the gift Of discerning means that some people can explain Scriptures better than others. But the Holy Spirit teaches all of us as we take time To read His Word. Sometimes we simply don't like what He's telling us.

I'd heard of a church that has a class that teaches people How to speak in tongues. Well -- unless it's being 'taught' by the Holy Spirit -- that's just Not how it works. Either a person is given that gift or they Aren't. Either a church group follows the guidelines given in Scripture or they aren't doing it the Biblical way. And it's probably Not given much these days because it was Meant to reach unsaved Jews in a congregation. That was how it was used in the book of Acts. The Jews from all the regions around -- various dialogues were there and Peter was there sharing the Gospel. They were each able to hear in their own language.

So, yes, a person Does need to be in God's Word on an 'as much as possible' basis.

Originally I thought you were a woman. Then you identified as a father and grandfather. I guess everyone does as they feel led To do. But there Are folks on forum who feel that unless 'we' do as 'they' do, 'we' aren't understanding / discerning God's Word 'properly'. that sort of irritates me.

What authority does the record of what the Holy Spirit came to do, replacing the bodily presence of Jesus on earth, teaching ALL things?
John 14:26 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He promised two areas of knowledge. What Jesus said on earth (remembrance), and what else God wanted disciples to know, too. That statement had to include spiritual understanding of the old scriptures, even the prophets, and what Jesus' apostles learned the rest of their days. There is no limit to how much more the Holy Spirit teaches believers in later generations, i.e., deeper comprehension of the Word for application in changing times. Otherwise, men would have had to interpret the scriptures according to the eventsand comprehension of their own times. The Holy Spirit does the interpretations for us, to us. That can often result in reading of familar verses one suddenly grasps a passage as "a word" for the reader alone, perfect guidance for the day.

As for the Church today, there are abilities beyond simply reading scriptures.
1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (KJV)
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit
the word of wisdom;
to another
the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another
faith by the same Spirit;
to another
the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another
the working of miracles;
to another
prophecy;
to another
discerning of spirits;
to another
divers kinds of tongues;
to another
the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

There is no logical reason anyone can simply read scriptures and rise up doing those things. Those are gifts for the manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
Which scripture would teach you to discern spirits? How to speak in tongues? What might be the exercise of those gifts? Lacking instruction in the scriptures one must be a student of the Holy Spirit.

The apostles walked with Jesus, heard the words come out of his mouth, saw the miracles. A few began to grasp who Jesus was, but all abandoned whatever they had grasped when Jesus was crucified. They were helpless. The little amount of inspiration they exhibited is amazing, that Jesus had to chew them out multiple times! Jesus told them to wait together for the inspiration they all needed desperately, to wait for the Holy Spirit. When He came down, they all received, were reminded what Jesus said, and the teaching went beyond what Jesus said.

What part was totally new to them, or forgotten and reminded of, compared to what John mentioned, we don't know.
John 21:25 (KJV)
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
I agree that we are continually learning more through the guidance of the Holy spirit.

My main point is that any teaching that is suppose to come from the Holy spirit HAS to start and finish with Jesus. If it doesn't, then that is not the Holy spirit. Jesus said His words are His spirit (John 6:63). If anybody teaches in the name of Jesus, and does not lead people back to Jesus and His teachings, again, that is NOT the Holy spirit.

In peaec

You asked how the NT. writers got their inspiration. The same way Every writer of every good we have in the Canon -- both Old Testament and New Testament. God -- through the Holy Spirit -- used human authors to write the books we have now. The New Testament - through apostles mostly. The Old Testament saints were looking Forward to the cross of Christ. They had the prophets to share that info with them. So Old Testament writers were Not 'following Jesus" because He had not been born yet.

God's Word / the Bible / Is our Primary source to learn of God / His Teachings. As we take time to read His Word, the Holy Spirit 'teaches' us and He uses preachers to teach Also.

Jesus Christ died on the cross and He rose again bodily AND He ascended back up to heaven to be with God the Father. The Holy Spirit part of the Godhead Does come to indwell each believer at the moment of our personal salvation.

I agree that the holy spirit guided the Bible writers. I replied to this similar question to someone else on this thread, so check that out, since it also answers the importance of Jesus' teachings and the Holy spirit.

BTW, The bible is NOT, the Word of God. Jesus is. The Bible never claims to be the Bord of God, but the Bible does say that JESUS is the Word of God. (John 1:1 & Revelation 19:13).

In peace

Active
I agree that the holy spirit guided the Bible writers. I replied to this similar question to someone else on this thread, so check that out, since it also answers the importance of Jesus' teachings and the Holy spirit.

BTW, The bible is NOT, the Word of God. Jesus is. The Bible never claims to be the Bord of God, but the Bible does say that JESUS is the Word of God. (John 1:1 & Revelation 19:13).

In peace
Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You will find in the Bible many references to names of the scriptures ("the scriptures" being one. The "word of God" was preached. What word? Not personal opinions, but the authoritative scriptures. Jesus used the OT scriptures much as basis of many sermons. The Oracles of God. In Revelation believers were slain for the Word of God. Nobody is determined to be slain for Jesus. He did that for us so He could live in us. Indeed some of the persecuted are slain because of Jesus, but also for their testimony, and of course for preaching the word. What word? We have Christ in us whose name is called "The Word of God" in Rev 19:13. But consider this:
Revelation 1:1-2 (KJV)
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

There are three distinct and separate parts. The word of God, the testimony of Jesus Christ, and the things John saw. The angel delivered the word of prophesy. Jesus spoke directly. What John said and saw is the also word of God, that is, of the record of the word of God. What he saw was made the word of God, what he saw being supplied by God, meant to be shared with mankind.

Again, look over
Luke 24:44 (KJV)
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

John 1:45 (KJV)
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

John 5:46 (KJV)
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Jesus confirmed that at least the Old Testament was the word of God, and so did men of God, while the NT wasn't penned until years later. God is on record in that volume, speaking through Moses, the prophets, and psalms of Jesus. The old prophecies alone had to be fulfilled, proving the fact those words came only from God to man. The New Testament is the message to the Church, which refers a lot to the OT, certifying the basis of the gospel of Christ. The doctrine of the gospel doesn't stand alone, but the foundation is prepared of old, built upon by Jesus and the apostles.

Jesus is named the Word of God, and God's word of testimony is sealed in the Bible from Genesis (past) to Revelation (the future). He will speak new words, but for now speaks through the recorded word of God, readers and hearers aided in understanding by the Spirit. While Jesus is in heaven the Spirit voice is to be listened for, Who confirms Jesus and the Father. How do we know whether it is word from God through the Spirit? Any message that agrees with the written scriptures is from Him. The Bible is our one and only authoritative reference of the word of God, whether by reading or hearing it proclaimed. No other reference is necessary to have the full revelation of God for man as God intended, while other awaits unsealing.

Staff Member
Last thought, Jesus was alive in the four gospels, and He is still alive today. We know what spirit is leading us if it leads us back to Jesus' spirit, which are His teachings.

I am just reiterating what I already stated because I want to make it clear that the final authority is Jesus and His words as recorded when He was alive on the Earth.

Dear Hiswillbedone,
Whether your intent is to diminish the Scripture outside of the Gospels or not, you are doing it. Which is nonsensical. Why? Because none of them were written while Jesus was as you would say "Jesus was alive" or "recorded when He was alive on the Earth". They were all inspired, including the Gospels! I used the word nonsensical, because if you diminish the other books of Scripture, you diminish the Gospels!! Think about it. The Gospel of Luke is not actually a first hand account. Luke actually interviewed people to come up with what he wrote. He was not an Apostle, but more of a Historian/Physician who was a disciple. As you will find with any of the three other Gospels, that are inspired writings. They were not written while "Jesus was Alive on this Earth". While one can look at the Epistles of Paul, which are his accounts after separating himself for three years (Galatians 1:15-18) after the Road of Damascus, to pray, meditate and being taught by Christ (Galatians 1:11-12). The same amount of time that the Apostles spent with Lord on His Earthly ministry. Peter even acknowledges the Epistles of Paul in his own letter (2 Peter 3:15-16).

So, please stop trying by using the type of phrases you do to set the Gospels as separate from the other Books. They are not. However, I do agree. Not all that Jesus Christ is about can be found in the Scriptures (John 21:25). Scripture itself tells you this. So, if not for your own sake, at least for those who look to you as one with wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Thread carefully on the words you choose to justify a doctrinal position, by diminishing His Word.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

So -- you're Mainly following the Sermon on the Mount? Well -- guidelines for living Godly lives are all through the New Testament. Shouldn't we be wanting to obey God? Jesus Christ came into this world as a baby -- His mission was to point mankind to His FATHER in heaven. He , in obedience To the Father, died on the cross and rose again bodily -- and Then ascended back up To the Father.

Yes you are right, we should be seeking to follow God. We can do that through listening to Jesus, as said in John 7:16-17 "Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

Jesus is literally saying we can follow what he said to see if it would be following God, and I can tell you from my experience that it works, at least for me and my husband. We have been listening to Jesus for a year and God has rewarded us several times. Jesus came because God sent him, and all of the things that Jesus said were said because God wanted him to say them.

What you are saying isn't wrong, I am not disagreeing with you. I just believe that if we want to listen to God and follow God, we take Jesus' teachings and then line them up with the rest of the Bible. I believe this is what we are supposed to be doing, because back then people didn't even know Jesus was going to die (except for the disciples) and they were following Jesus and listening to what he said. They didn't have the rest of the New Testament, or The Bible for a matter of fact, all they had was Jesus' teachings and the Torah. They didn't go around saying "Jesus died for my sins and that's all we have to believe/do". Back then confessing Jesus was Lord with your mouth was illegal. It was extremely difficult back then, that's why Jesus died, and that's why the disciples were martyred. We have it easier today, and we are also surrounded with convenient doctrines, Not the Gospel of Christ.

We have to be ready to listen to Jesus, he and the Father are one (His words not mine). So by listening to Jesus we are listening to the Father, Jesus made that very clear.

I am still trying my best to figure everything out, I am not quite sure on a lot of stuff still but I am doing my best to listen to God, and Jesus. We always have to stay focused on the bigger picture, which is getting to heaven. We can only get to heaven, and get to the Father through Jesus, so that is my main goal, getting Jesus to know who I am; by LISTENING to the words that he had spoken.

Peace and Blessings

You asked how the NT. writers got their inspiration. The same way Every writer of every good we have in the Canon -- both Old Testament and New Testament. God -- through the Holy Spirit -- used human authors to write the books we have now. The New Testament - through apostles mostly. The Old Testament saints were looking Forward to the cross of Christ. They had the prophets to share that info with them. So Old Testament writers were Not 'following Jesus" because He had not been born yet.

God's Word / the Bible / Is our Primary source to learn of God / His Teachings. As we take time to read His Word, the Holy Spirit 'teaches' us and He uses preachers to teach Also.

Jesus Christ died on the cross and He rose again bodily AND He ascended back up to heaven to be with God the Father. The Holy Spirit part of the Godhead Does come to indwell each believer at the moment of our personal salvation.

The Holy Spirit is supposed to remind us of what Jesus taught.

Also, @Dovegiven The "gifts" that Paul is talking about, do not mean anything without love and without the Holy Spirit. "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and THOUGH I HAVE ALL FAITH, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2

You can continue to read verses, 3-10 which goes into more detail.

Also,
"Which scripture would teach you to discern spirits? How to speak in tongues? What might be the exercise of those gifts? Lacking instruction in the scriptures one must be a student of the Holy Spirit."

This is what you asked, I will answer, Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Also Luke 6:45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." Speaking in tongues does not prove that you have the Holy Spirit, it may be a fruit of the spirit but it DOES NOT prove that you actually have the Holy Spirit, all the job of the Holy Spirit is to remind us of what Jesus taught. (John 14:26, John 16:13-14).

We need to always read the scriptures for what they are, and take in the WHOLE context in the passage. We need to make sure that we are staying as open as we possibly can with being wrong in scriptures, we need to keep an open mind.

Just keep following the lamb.

Peace and Blessings

Loyal
Lily Miller -- the gifts of the Spirit are Given By the Holy Spirit.

A born-again person Will have the Holy Spirit indwelling them immediately. The fruits Of that indwelling Are ; love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness and some others -- am doing 'this' from memory.

There are Many jobs of the Holy Spirit -- convicting a person of sin// sealing their spirit until the person is with Jesus Christ // comforting // guiding // teaching / bringing to our memory verses that we've learned.

No one has to prove they have the Holy Spirit --it will be apparent in their lives.

All of the Bible is God's Word and no one needs to line up what Jesus says with 'the rest of the Bible'.

Lily -- even Today is some parts of the world -- people Do Die when they take a stand for God / Jesus Christ. There are some middle-eastern systems that will kill a person who accepts Christ. They will tell you -- either change to 'our' belief system or die.

Active
The Holy Spirit is supposed to remind us of what Jesus taught.

Also, @Dovegiven The "gifts" that Paul is talking about, do not mean anything without love and without the Holy Spirit. "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and THOUGH I HAVE ALL FAITH, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2

You can continue to read verses, 3-10 which goes into more detail.

Also,
"Which scripture would teach you to discern spirits? How to speak in tongues? What might be the exercise of those gifts? Lacking instruction in the scriptures one must be a student of the Holy Spirit."

This is what you asked, I will answer, Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Also Luke 6:45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." Speaking in tongues does not prove that you have the Holy Spirit, it may be a fruit of the spirit but it DOES NOT prove that you actually have the Holy Spirit, all the job of the Holy Spirit is to remind us of what Jesus taught. (John 14:26, John 16:13-14).

We need to always read the scriptures for what they are, and take in the WHOLE context in the passage. We need to make sure that we are staying as open as we possibly can with being wrong in scriptures, we need to keep an open mind.

Just keep following the lamb.

Peace and Blessings

Lily, you still haven't shown scriptures that demonstrate how to carry out the spiritual gifts other than judging the goodness of a person's words. That is accomplished by knowing the word of God and evaluating a sermon on that basis. What the gift of discernment of spirits is about is more like spiritually knowing a person who sounds great is actually a false teacher. Otherwise, sometimes it can take years to realize a great speaker was a deceiver all along. A man joined our church years ago, became very active, was a "good" speaker allowed to substitute preach. After all, he seemed to have it all together. He was apparently very successful by all physical signs. He was allowed to teach classes on how to manage money, make good investments, be faithful stewards. His classes were always full. Although a lady began suspecting something was wrong, she was not taken seriously. A year later the man disappeared with a huge amount of retirement funds of many congregation investors, including many from other churches. The lady trying to sound the alarm was then realized to have a spiritual gift of discernment of spirits. She just "knew" the man was not genuine, "The Lord is telling me so.". Those in his class would have prospered if they had heeded, but were left holding fake financial statements saying they were growing wealth.

I say the same Holy Spirit who gives gifts is the One who teaches the gifted how to operate them, especially an inexperienced preacher with a theology degree. A Church congregation has authority to determine operations, too. Actually, there are very few direct instructions for exercising a spiritual gift apart from Paul teaching Timothy about being a pastor. What we have plenty of is apostles preaching the word. It can happen that prayerfully studying those sermons can teach how to preach.

A bit of advice. It's OK to follow a Christian who is following Christ, while you are following Christ. He is in heaven, but the Holy Spirit teaches here, usimg prepared saints to disciple others.
1 Corinthians 4:14-17 (KJV)
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

That hasn't changed course. Most Christians would need more than one lifetime to catch up on their own to Paul's walk, but that's why the Spirit gives teachers. The more you learn from them, the closer you can walk with Jesus with effectiveness.

I am just giving you verses which Jesus had said, the spirit REMINDS US OF WHAT JESUS TAUGHT it is that simple and if you don’t want to adhere to that then it is between you and God. Yes you can have gifts after you listen to what Jesus said, but if you’re not being guided by the holy spirit to what Jesus has said then you don’t have it, it’s that simple.

@Sue D. where does it describe to us, what the job of the Holy Spirit is? You will see your sin if you listen to the things which Jesus said, which not many people are listening to Jesus. You’re right that no one has to prove that you have the Holy Spirit, all you have to do is listen to Jesus and line that person up with what Jesus said, thats how you know they have the spirit.

In John 3:3-8, Jesus is talking about being Born again by the spirit, and the Holy Spirit is supposed to remind us of the things that Jesus taught. So again, line them up with Jesus you will see if they are really born again. I really love that Galatians 5 verse. Verse 26 in that same Chapter says that we must walk in the spirit if we are living in the spirit. If we are born again, like I said earlier, there will be proof to that.

When you said “No one needs to line the Bible up with what Jesus taught” I thought of something that I would like to Say, Jesus is the word of God so it does not mean that the whole Bible is the Word of God, and His teachings are in the Bible. In John 5:39-40 it talks about how the scriptures point to Jesus, OT and NT. In 2 Timothy 3:16-17 it says that all scripture is inspired but that doesn’t mean that they are infallible. The only possible thing that is the Word of God is Jesus so give him his right name and stop giving it to the Bible.

@Dovegiven Our ultimate teacher is Jesus, he is our one and only mediator (1 Timothy 2:4-5). We don’t need Paul or anyone else to “help” us in our walk with Christ. When you get judged on your judgement day it will be just you and God, and He will judge you based off of what Jesus said, not what Paul said. Paul does not save you, what he says has no weight over what Jesus says, Jesus is the cornerstone; not Paul.

When you listen to people who are speaking about Jesus, or not about Him, you are supposed to line everything up with Jesus, which most people wont do. Because everyone has made Paul their cornerstone instead of Jesus. WE MUST listen to Jesus and make him our cornerstone, not anyone else.

I’m not saying gifts are bad, I’m just saying gifts mean nothing without love (charity). Which Paul has made clear. Your gifts shouldn’t be your cornerstone, just like Paul shouldn’t be your cornerstone. Gifts come after you have listened to Jesus and you have acted on what you have heard (genuine gifts that is). I’m sure that lady listened to her gut, which is really cool. But what y’all should really do is listen to Jesus, and let the Holy Spirit guide you, which would guide you back to what Jesus taught.

Please take thought to the things that I have said here. And like I mentioned earlier, if you think what I am saying is wrong read it and figure it out for yourselves, read what Jesus taught, listen to him not Paul.

Peace and Blessings

Active
I am just giving you verses which Jesus had said, the spirit REMINDS US OF WHAT JESUS TAUGHT it is that simple and if you don’t want to adhere to that then it is between you and God. Yes you can have gifts after you listen to what Jesus said, but if you’re not being guided by the holy spirit to what Jesus has said then you don’t have it, it’s that simple.

He doesn't have to remind us about what Jesus said, for the Spirit brought all remembrance back to the writers of the New Testament. Here's what Jesus said about that.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Then they wrote it down for us to read, memorize, and preach. Why "remind" us when it already in our lap? Now, if and when a Christian is facing a challenge or trial, the Spirit will give us the right words, like He did for Paul when brought before rulers, then appealing to Caesar to escape a certain death by the Jews. Like He did for Paul at Mars Hill.

I'll keep the posts short, as that way it's easier to evaluate your responses. Finished my work, watching the Lakers.

Active
Please take thought to the things that I have said here. And like I mentioned earlier, if you think what I am saying is wrong read it and figure it out for yourselves, read what Jesus taught, listen to him not Paul.

That is a terrible thing to say. IOW, you say don't consider anything from the apostles, the very men Jesus endorsed (in red letters, no less) as shoud carry His gospel, making many disciples, reaching the gentile world. Wow.

He doesn't have to remind us about what Jesus said, for the Spirit brought all remembrance back to the writers of the New Testament. Here's what Jesus said about that.

Then they wrote it down for us to read, memorize, and preach. Why "remind" us when it already in our lap? Now, if and when a Christian is facing a challenge or trial, the Spirit will give us the right words, like He did for Paul when brought before rulers, then appealing to Caesar to escape a certain death by the Jews. Like He did for Paul at Mars Hill.

I'll keep the posts short, as that way it's easier to evaluate your responses. Finished my work, watching the Lakers.

He said "Whatsoever I have said unto you" He is not talking about the NT, the NT wasn't even a thing back then. The four Gospels weren't even a thing back then, I think that's why we got the Holy Spirit, so God could prick our conscience with the Teachings of Jesus.

That is a terrible thing to say. IOW, you say don't consider anything from the apostles, the very men Jesus endorsed (in red letters, no less) as shoud carry His gospel, making many disciples, reaching the gentile world. Wow.

Bruh, who saves you? Jesus, Not Paul. I'm not saying to not listen to the Apostles or the Disciples, I'm just saying pay closer attention to Jesus, there's nothing wrong with saying that.

Loyal
Lily Miller -- The gift of our salvation has been given to us by GOD -- God 'used' the cross that Jesus Christ died on and rose back again from bodily. Believers are sons/ daughters of God. While here on earth -- Jesus Christ was directing us To God the Father.

That which you've been sharing Is Very misleading. All of God's Word has been inspired -- God - breathed. Which means it is Totally true. All of it.

Lily Miller -- The gift of our salvation has been given to us by GOD -- God 'used' the cross that Jesus Christ died on and rose back again from bodily. Believers are sons/ daughters of God. While here on earth -- Jesus Christ was directing us To God the Father.

That which you've been sharing Is Very misleading. All of God's Word has been inspired -- God - breathed. Which means it is Totally true. All of it.

Listen to his son Sue.

Loyal
Lily -- I listen to God's Word. / The Bible. And the Holy Spirit. It's the Godhead. Notice that the Lord's Prayer begins with "Our Father who art in heaven hallowed by Thy name. --- we are to pray to God through Jesus Christ.

Active
He said "Whatsoever I have said unto you" He is not talking about the NT, the NT wasn't even a thing back then. The four Gospels weren't even a thing back then, I think that's why we got the Holy Spirit, so God could prick our conscience with the Teachings of Jesus.

The epistles, which occupy the majority of the New Testament, were mostly written before the synoptic gospels were known of. Since James died AD62, his book is probably the oldest of them all.

I suppose you put Peter way down your list of authoritative, too. Jesus spoke several key covenant promises to him, who was the chief apostle until many later regarded Paul to be. Jesus had a very high regard for Peter, and Peter demonstrated nothing was lost on him after Jesus ascended.

Peter endorsed Paul. Rejecting Paul is a Christian heresy. If you really believe the Bible, and do honor Peter, a star of the synoptic gospels, then you can't reject this:
2 Peter 3:14-18 (KJV)
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

According to the Bible you are writing words that indicate you have been led away with the error of the wicked. Maybe you belong to what is a false cult denomination, and if so, you are highly advised to flee from it. I doubt you realize that's the overall message you have for us.

Jesus' mission was to reach the Household of Israel. It takes studying the whole New Testament for a gentile to be assured the way of Jesus actually applies to them, not Israel only. Christians can read His words realizing that by hindsight, preachers using the epistles to rightly apply Jesus' words to gentiles (non-Jews), to justify His benefits as meant for all nations to believe and receive. Until Peter experienced the vision of the sheet to go to the gentile Cornelius, there was yet no hope of the gospel being broadly presented to the Gentile world. So had God not inspired the whole of the New Testament with equal weight for each book, the gospel would have possibly ministered only to the Jews.

Believing, following Jesus, includes listening intently to the apostles, who passed on knowledge for Christians to be able to do what Jesus taught. The whole New Testament is your official manual for living the Christian life. If you only trust the words in red, you hear only the message given to the dull hearted Jews. But when enhanced by the apostles, those wonderful words take on a much higher life and vitality, leaving no mysteries.

The epistles, which occupy the majority of the New Testament, were mostly written before the synoptic gospels were known of. Since James died AD62, his book is probably the oldest of them all.

I suppose you put Peter way down your list of authoritative, too. Jesus spoke several key covenant promises to him, who was the chief apostle until many later regarded Paul to be. Jesus had a very high regard for Peter, and Peter demonstrated nothing was lost on him after Jesus ascended.

Peter endorsed Paul. Rejecting Paul is a Christian heresy. If you really believe the Bible, and do honor Peter, a star of the synoptic gospels, then you can't reject this:
2 Peter 3:14-18 (KJV)
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

According to the Bible you are writing words that indicate you have been led away with the error of the wicked. Maybe you belong to what is a false cult denomination, and if so, you are highly advised to flee from it. I doubt you realize that's the overall message you have for us.

Jesus' mission was to reach the Household of Israel. It takes studying the whole New Testament for a gentile to be assured the way of Jesus actually applies to them, not Israel only. Christians can read His words realizing that by hindsight, preachers using the epistles to rightly apply Jesus' words to gentiles (non-Jews), to justify His benefits as meant for all nations to believe and receive. Until Peter experienced the vision of the sheet to go to the gentile Cornelius, there was yet no hope of the gospel being broadly presented to the Gentile world. So had God not inspired the whole of the New Testament with equal weight for each book, the gospel would have possibly ministered only to the Jews.

Believing, following Jesus, includes listening intently to the apostles, who passed on knowledge for Christians to be able to do what Jesus taught. The whole New Testament is your official manual for living the Christian life. If you only trust the words in red, you hear only the message given to the dull hearted Jews. But when enhanced by the apostles, those wonderful words take on a much higher life and vitality, leaving no mysteries.

Do you mind sharing with me where Jesus says that he only came to share those things only with the Jews?

Loyal
Salvation was 1st to God's chosen people -- the Jews and Then extended to the Gentiles (the rest of the world) Because the Jews - as a people group - would Not accept Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah.

Part of that is found in Acts 11:19 - 25 or so. Matthew 15;24 -- lost sheep of Israel Romans 1:16.

So 'we' are presently living in the time of the Gentiles -- at some future point in time -- the Church will be taken up and out of this present world to be with Jesus Christ. During the next 7 yrs. , God Will be dealing, once again with the Jewish population. that are still here.

In the Big picture -- God knew that salvation would be extended to Everyone. That's why He provided salvation for All.