• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can someone help me carry this burden

Hi all, so this is a little un-like me, and I am still very new to the site, but after spending a great deal of time reading through a lot of the forums I have decided to bring this before all of you, not to mention Galatians 6:2 nagging at me to open up and let believers help encourage and carry burdens,

I appreciate and thank anyone willing to prayerfully help me with this, i know it is long.

First and foremost I want to let it be known that this is something that I have lifted up in prayer on a pretty regular basis. Having said that I guess I need to explain what it is that is going on.

So for the last three years or so my younger adult brother has been having some kind of issue (I usually attribute it to some kind of mental issue though truth be told I have absolutely no idea what is going on because he refuses to see a professional of any kind). During this time he has moved back home (a household with my mother, father, and myself) from his school in New Orleans, LA. Though we knew that something was going on with him it became very apparent when he came home. He started having violent fits coupled with delusions that we were getting inside his head to manipulate his thoughts and movements. (it’s worth mentioning that he also smokes high amounts of weed) (it is also worth mentioning that he and his roommate were both hearing “taunting” voices in his dorm room, the story has changed on this but the core that doesn’t change is “taunting” voices) He became worse and worse as time went on going from screaming matches to throwing and breaking household items like microwaves, lamps, mirror, etc. to throwing things at people, to the most recent physical (fist) violence. This all peeked a few months ago when he attacked my dad, dislocated my father’s shoulder and landed himself with two broken fingers. (My dad refused to press charges) A week later he attacked me I did call the cops to which he responded to by pulling a knife (granted it was a butter knife) when the police got there I did press charges, and they did take him for a psych evaluation. The thing with him though is he can turn it on and off when he feels he needs to or wants to so he was released after the minimum hold. Since then things went back to the first stage of all of this, but are progressing in the same way as they were before.

Needless to say this has been a great difficulty on my family, really it has torn them apart. Again it is probably worth mentioning that I am the only believer in my family. My father has lost his job in this time span, my parent relationship is really not good (the tension is palpable)

In addition I have been having been having a struggle in my walk with Christ, which makes since, I mean there is clearly some kind of attack going on in my household. Thing is I was not plugged into a church for a whole year of this, I am now, but an upward solo climb is a difficult one let alone with an attack.

Ok finally getting to the point here I promise.

What I need help or advice with.

1. Anything that could help me with my brother, truly I am at a loss, I consistently pray for the situation and will defiantly continue to and ask for everyone reading to please add him to your prayer list.

2. Really though I am not putting up this post for him but for me. If I am being really real with you guys my walk is not ok. I am not ok. I do not blame God for this, I am past that, but I am trying to reconcile what has happened to me the last 3ish years with what God has to say about it. It is really hard to find, a lot of what I have gone through falls under what most would consider abuse, but I know there is something wrong with my brother…it’s kind of a torn emotion. I am constantly in bouts of desperately crying out for God for his love, and protection (mind you not like normal crying out but it’s not there, like it’s gone away and I need it back crying out like seriously pathetically desperate) to understanding completely that God is constant and is the same yesterday today and tomorrow.

I think what happens is I get really spiritually fatigued if that’s even a thing.

I really appreciate all of your prayers and advice

Active
From what you have spoken sister,it seems the enemy has received an opportunity( eph 4:27) and it sure appears that your brother got some people upset, and they placed a voodoo curse upon him,which of course includes family as well. I have been to New Orleans and have seen much bondage in the spirit realm there. It does not matter if you believe this,they sure do.So before you can even start to help your brother, you must prepare yourself, so you can help him.Depending on how serious you become about doing this,it will greatly effect the result to him, and for the rest of your family.

There comes a time in all of our lives sister when each one us must decide for themselves who they truly wish to follow,and live for.I know it is hard sis!! Sure was for me,for I came out of similar Occult bondage myself.It is going to take strong discipline,and self control as well,because the enemy will use your emotions and feeling to effect your belief in our Jesus,this has always been his nature sis.( Gal 6:2-5!!!) As you spoke of to start with sister.Believers can carry the load for you,and are very glad to do this as well!

But from watching how another does this becomes very important to you,for there will come a day when you will indeed have to bear your own load.( verse 5) If you are willing to learn and sell out to Jesus entirely,you good sister shall reap the rewards of doing such!! I sure have! So before I pray over this for you,I have to know something from you,do you really believe that our Jesus can do all things?( luke 1:37) If you say yes I will indeed pray for him,but if I do this sister, there can be no turning back,things will get pretty wild!

I know you do not think it can get any worse, but the Spirit inside your brother will not quit until it is made to flight! Step 1. I would really find a good church in your area,with great love in it,do attend! We all need support! 2.If you are already a believer, but do not know why you are one,find out why!( eph 3:14-19)God LOVES YOU Sister!! he always has,and always will!! BELIEVE THIS ALWAYS!!

2. Begin to speak what Jesus says, not your words!( luke 10:19-20) Only Speak what Jesus spoke.( example matt 4:1-11) It is written! Study the scripture to show yourself approved sis!( 2 Tim 3:16-17)and 2 Tim 2:15!!) Sister, i can only speak for myself in what I did,to become free from the enemy,I do not speak for all here.But I can tell you the result if you will be faithful!!( luke 16:10) This is a very serious matter sister!!! I get it! The real question is do you now get it? I judge not sis,I will await your answer,then fast and pray for your brother,I am in Christ Jesus sis,I, among others here, am the real deal in Jesus!

But I have to ask you this before I pray,because after I do the Lord will move upon you, and your brother and your family! I have no doubt sis! And I have NO fear! Nor should you!!( 2 Tim 1:7) I do not play with the spirit world sis,for I have been in it a few times and know two things from what I have both seen and been taught by Jesus in! 1. There is no time in it,eternity dwells in this world,and 2. it is far more real,and has much greater consequences then ours does! My prayer for your strength, is with you sis!! I care very much for you, even as Jesus does,for I am his child as you are!

But this is no game sis,you know that better then most do, or ever will! May every blessing always find you in Christ dear sister, and always find you most well in him amen!! ( psalms 27:13) I would have despaired had I not believed I would see!! the goodness of God in the land of the living! His goodness is for us everyday sis,and in every way!! For Jesus sent us his very LOVE!!! THROUGH his very blood! Blessing sister! Your brother IN CHRIST Mark

Loyal
I would guess that either he has done enough drugs that they have warped his mind, but the turning on and off as desired, makes me think its more likely that there is demonic influence involved. Do you know anyone who has battled demonic forces before with success? If not, ask your pastor or other pastors until someone can address that portion of the probable problem.

Active
Blessings in the Lord;
Sis, there is a demon that has a hold of your brother. It is a serious matter; but not so serious that God can not fix it. All power belongs to God. Amen.
Do you believe He is able?
Sis, God will not put more on us than we can bare. Amen. However, we put ourselves into situations that we should not even be in to begin with, hence, putting more on ourselves than we can bare. The flesh has respector of persons. The Word tells us; With God, there is no respector of persons. Amen.
As Jesus spoke, when His mother and brothers stood waiting to see Him, He said, my mother and my brothers and sisters are those that hear the Word of God and DO IT. Amen.
I did the same thing with my mother, who has always carried a dark, hateful spirit. I knew what I was dealing with, but I did the right opposite of what I should have done. I had respector of persons; because she is my mother. If Satan can't get to us one way, he will use another, and it almost always lands in close family.
Pray for your brother to receive salvation; and pray that God lead you in the words to speak when the demon stirs. The demon flees from light. Amen.
The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He is the author of confusion and the father of lies. Amen.
The devil knows he has but a short time left, and he is destroying everyone that is not protected by God.
Sis, it is God's power that works when a Spirit filled believer speaks in FAITH. Amen.
Have you faith to speak, believing what you have asked for shall be given you?
Rebuke the devil; always in the name of Jesus; bind him up and cast him back to the pit from which he came. Amen
Anytime doubt or negativity is heard; rebuke the devil.
We, His children, who are IN HIM, have been given power over the enemy. Amen.
We have a BIG Brother that is FOR US. Amen. If God be for you, who can be against you. Amen. HE is our Lord and Savior. Praise God.

Sis, you and the situation are in my prayers.
God will deliver. It is His time, and His will; not our own. Amen.
Salvation is God's will; are you praying right. If prayers are not being answered it is because we are praying a miss.
Is our will in line with God's will; and not self will. Amen.
All praise, honor, and glory be to God. Amen.

Staff Member
You are not a brokenwing

Really though I am not putting up this post for him but for me. If I am being really real with you guys my walk is not ok. I am not ok. I do not blame God for this, I am past that, but I am trying to reconcile what has happened to me the last 3ish years with what God has to say about it. It is really hard to find, a lot of what I have gone through falls under what most would consider abuse, but I know there is something wrong with my brother…it’s kind of a torn emotion. I am constantly in bouts of desperately crying out for God for his love, and protection (mind you not like normal crying out but it’s not there, like it’s gone away and I need it back crying out like seriously pathetically desperate) to understanding completely that God is constant and is the same yesterday today and tomorrow.
I think what happens is I get really spiritually fatigued if that’s even a thing.

Greetings sister @brokenwing

"Can someone help me carry this burden"
Jesus has already carried your burden when His work was completed at Calvary. And His perfect peace is yours sister.

The devil that sneaky thief and liar the devil will always attempt to steal that peace by whispering doubt, unbelief and discouragement in your ear
But the devil is a loser and he can take a hike, he has no place in your heart.

You are not a brokenwing, even though you may feel that way, you are a redeemed precious child of the King of kings.
He has made you whole....claim that victory through Jesus it is yours
(Consider changing your user name to reflect what Jesus has done for you.....not to reflect how the devil is seeking to make you feel)

Look at what the Bible says:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord
Romans 8:35 and 37-39

Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you
1 Peter 5:7

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.
Isaiah 26:3

Take hold of these promises sister and many more....the Lord and His word will never ever fail you
Then you will be able to look at your brother and his situation in a different way....in the Lord's strength
Remember He is abundantly able

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31

Last edited:
Active
Greetings in the Lord Jesus;
Some people, esp. the babes in Christ need help carry the burden sometimes and need someone to lift them up.
The Word tells us to "bare ye one another's burdens". Amen.
If I see my brethren in need; I am to comfort them.
If I see them cry; I am to cry with them.
If I see them rejoice; I am to rejoice with them.
It is an act of kindness that one is not alone; and is exalting God in love. Amen.

A lot of the upsets throughout the land and churches are because no one is baring ye one another's burdens.
The children are awake; and God is in control.
A mighty army is coming forth; are you ready for the last and great war?
I am a soldier in the army of God
Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer
The Word is my Code of Conduct
Love, Faith and Pray are my weapons of warfare.
All praise, honor, and glory be to God.