• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can Satan hear (read) our thoughts?

Active
I have heard many times he cannot.
How then can he tempt?
If he does not know i am hard up for money,how can he tempt me to rob a bank?

Active
How then can he tempt?
I would offer. . .

I would think each man is tempted by one's own desire having no desire to wait on the Lord to do the will of God

Psalm 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

So it's not so much having a need but to lust after it .Not waiting on the Lord.

The word lust seems to be the key to foolish pride

James 1:13-15 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death

They lusted after the temporal things seen rather than the will of God . The kind of food the apostles at first knew not of . The same kind of forbidden fruit in the garden by which God was questioned. ??? The letter of the law death . No mixing of faith the eternal unseen things of God with the temporal things seen. .( No gospel)

John 4:33-34King James Version Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

Same kind of wilderness food they lusted after the food of this temporal world represented by Egypt

Psalms 78.18-19 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

Psalms 78.21-25 Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel; Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation: Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven, And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

Psalms 78:29 So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire; They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths, The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Lust of the flesh lust of the eye the two building blocks of selfish. . . devilish. . . pride.

Strictly on the basis of reasoning, my answer is "no". I have heard arguments from alternative theorists before, who claimed that telepathy was possible specifically on the basis of a Psalm of David which he wrote about Jonathan in battle, which includes statements about one person's soul responding to the soul of another. I don't believe that brotherly love is the basis of clairvoyance, however, also, Satan is not known for his brotherly love. Beginning in the garden of Edan, the snake is like a telemarketing cold caller, corporate headhunter or alternative churchgoing colporteur. The theosophist's argument that they can read the Aether, scry out a demon familiar, or do anything at all, really, is just fallacious. They claim to be able to divine with various "tings", from card decks to tea leaves, and all on the basis of "My soul responds to your soul", and "a friend which sticketh closer than a brother". Very much aside from the fact that a satanist doesn't love anyone, and that Satan doesn't love satanists, that was only between those two people in that Bible story. It could happen again, you and a church fellow could be like David and Jonathan, but that would rely on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Satan isn't indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and neither are Satanists, so I'm just going to are for "no he can't" on reason alone.

Active
How then can he tempt?
He's been watching man for mega yrs he knows what mans tendencies are ever notice how evil peep are very polite?? Just as Satan offered the Messiah the World if only He would serve n worship him.. he also offers this to all of us.. I know I had many times when I could use peep to have the best of the best n more but i walked away from doing so because of the grace n power of YH..
Everything I have lost in this lifetime is dung to what I have received from YH..

Twistie :broken_heart:

From the OP:​

Can Satan hear (read) our thoughts?​

How then can he tempt?
Of course he can. The mind is not some sacrosanct safe spot; it is completely hackable, and indeed has been hacked to the max via the latest technology from the minions of the prince of the power of the air.

Many scriptures warn us to take heed what we hear (Mark 4:24); to set no wicked thing before our eyes (Psalm 101:3); and that Satan has blinded the minds of unbelievers (2 Cor. 4:4), which is why it's so important to take all thoughts captive to Christ (2 Cor. 10:5), renewing and transforming our mind in Christ (Romans 12:2). The carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (Romans 8:7)

If our thoughts were sealed from Satan, God would not have given us these admonitions.

It's old tech to be able to move cursors and control machinery with just one's thoughts. google it. Imagine where the technology is now...

The very fact that you would believe you are "hard up for money" is enough of an open door for Satan to exploit you in that area. And he will exploit you for it.

Active

Of course he can. The mind is not some sacrosanct safe spot; it is completely hackable, and indeed has been hacked to the max via the latest technology from the minions of the prince of the power of the air.

The carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (Romans 8:7)

Many scriptures warn us to take heed what we hear (Mark 4:24); to set no wicked thing before our eyes (Psalm 101:3); and that Satan has blinded the minds of unbelievers (2 Cor. 4:4), which is why it's so important to take all thoughts captive to Christ (2 Cor. 10:5), renewing and transforming our mind in Christ (Romans 12:2).
If our thoughts were sealed from Satan, God would not have given us these admonitions.

It's old tech to be able to move cursors and control machinery with just one's thoughts. google it. Imagine where the technology is now...
So ya think YH allowed him power of a person's mind?? I can't see it.... But then again many believe Satan can steals prayers from YH like... Idk just makes no sense to me..

We r told to take heed so we don't become polluted by the world n it's ways.. n it's our impure thoughts we take captive.. I know I get that imma knock them out thought now n then..I'm getting quite good at capturing it n then pondering with YH.. its becoming few n far in-between these days..

We don't wanna be like Adam and push the blame on eve who pushed the blame on Satan n didn't take responsibility for their actions..

Ya go any versus where YH tells us Satan can read our minds?? Cause I Neva came across one.. but perhaps I missed it idk..

Satan may can have a good idea which way this one or that one may go because he has been studying us for mega yrs he is ancient..he knows what humans like what humans love n if he is focusing his attention on you then he will even know your weaknesses.. as much as Satan hates mankind I can't see YH giving him an upper hand on His children

My thoughts..

So ya think YH allowed him power of a person's mind?? I can't see it.... But then again many believe Satan can steals prayers from YH like... Idk just makes no sense to me..

We r told to take heed so we don't become polluted by the world n it's ways..
Yes, and what "pollution" might that be (e.g. the prince's RF - radio frequencies)?

it's our impure thoughts we take captive..
Scripture says EVERY thought - not just "impure ones."

I'm getting quite good at capturing it n then pondering with YH.. its becoming few n far in-between these days..
That's beautiful And that's exactly what we're supposed to be doing as we RENEW our mind...

...take responsibility for their actions..
Yep, that's a major open door, as the majority luv fobbing off their personal responsibility onto someone else, some government, some leader...

Ya go any versus where YH tells us Satan can read our minds?? Cause I Neva came across one.. but perhaps I missed it idk..
The hackneyed phrase, "read our minds," is a misdirect, a red herring, invented by those of the world the keep us in bondage and AWAY from the truth of the matter. That being, we are to GUARD and RENEW our mind precisely because it is able to be influenced by the prince of the power of the air.

Satan may can have a good idea which way this one or that one may go because he has been studying us for mega yrs he is ancient..he knows what humans like what humans love n if he is focusing his attention on you then he will even know your weaknesses..
That is the party line that we've been fed for a long time. And it has no basis in truth. Conversely, I've posted but a few of the scriptures that state otherwise.

as much as Satan hates mankind I can't see YH giving him an upper hand on His children
Satan is "given" that which we allow, which again is why we need to heed scripture on the matter and rather not follow the misleading theories and words of men.

Active
Yes, and what "pollution" might that be (e.g. the prince's RF - radio frequencies)?

Scripture says EVERY thought - not just "impure ones."

That's beautiful And that's exactly what we're supposed to be doing as we RENEW our mind...

Yep, that's a major open door, as the majority luv fobbing off their personal responsibility onto someone else, some government, some leader...

The hackneyed phrase, "read our minds," is a misdirect, a red herring, invented by those of the world the keep us in bondage and AWAY from the truth of the matter. That being, we are to GUARD and RENEW our mind precisely because it is able to be influenced by the prince of the power of the air.

That is the party line that we've been fed for a long time. And it has no basis in truth. Conversely, I've posted but a few of the scriptures that state otherwise.

Satan is "given" that which we allow, which again is why we need to heed scripture on the matter and rather not follow the misleading theories and words of men.
I'm still waiting for verses that YH says I give power to Satan to read minds idk what u follow ya know I can't see your walk and it's written test the spirit..I also know we r not to add or take away from what YH has said.. soo if ya got a verse id surly like to know about.. I know that satan is the father of lies n he n his followers speak half lies and they r so good at it they got tons of followers.. but anywho.. got a verse?....

Imma make it a point to ponder with YH now idk when I will receive the answer because many times YH has to prepare us for it.. ya know..

N Satan is hater of All Good and The father of Lies...

Active
Satan is the prince of the power of the air. IOW, he has authority over it (albeit for a season).

Mind-reading tech is old news. Here are just a few; google more and have a party:

AI makes non-invasive mind-reading possible by turning thoughts into text

Mind-reading machines are here: is it time to worry?

Mind-Reading Technology Can Turn Brain Scans Into Language
Ya not following your thought process I need the Word.. imma ponder with YH like I said but I do have a question how do you put a part of the writing n then an answer n then part of the writing n then n answer like I can't figure that out how for the life of me n it would come in handy at times frfr...

When his authority comes full blown the ones that are still around that have no YH.. they gonna b worshipping him shoot he's training them.. he got quite a few temples in the open n then some that many can't see..

For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods

Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God, and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work.

I just love this here

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Active
From the OP:

That's been answered with scripture in post #5, and with real-world examples in post #9.
No it's not it doesn't say YH gave power to Satan to read minds I think perhaps ya r adding your thoughts in the midst of it??

Active
How then can he tempt?

Satan the legion (many gods) is limited to the power mankind gives to him. As the father of lies .He has no power of his own just as he has no creative ability as power ."Let there be" and "it" was very good ..

The father of lies from the beginning ."Surely you will not die look at my beauty and live forever. The beauty of a serpent the most beautiful creature of all in the garden before its legs were cut off in whom mouth Satan spoke .again "Surely you will not die look at my beauty and live forever.

Later in a similar way God mocks Satan the counterfeiter. Christ using a Ass in a ceremonial law to represent unbelief, non-redeemed that must be redeemed with a lamb to represent Christ our redeemer the gospel hid in that parble. . The living word of God stopped the madness of Balaam the false apostle, false prophet sent with lying signs to wonder. . . wonder. . . .wonder after. (never coming to an end belief, faith). Christ in us .

Again a ceremonial law as a shadow it pointed ahead . . .the gospel preached in advance. It is shown in the parable below.

Exodus 34:20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

A lesson to us our living God Christ is not served by the hands of a creature made (Satan) as a will .

That spirit Lucifer is neither male nor female . It has no will of its own. Like that of the creation mankind

Satan is simply the opposing spirit the counterfeit. Not a separate creation . Lucifer the legion is the spirit that was to guard the glory of God rather than usurp it as a lying illusion As if Lucifer the spirit of lies created the universe..

When tempted no man can say God is tempting them and neither can they say Satan is .

The old Flip Wilson "the devil made me do it " get out of jail free was a comedy act.

Let the mind of Christ dwell in us . . not the mind of non-converted mankind. Satan has no mind of its own

James 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Again own lusts. . feeling of inadequacy desiring more than he has given. then mankind robs form God's glory.

The moment lust comes the fruit of the Spirit of Christ (self control departs)

Check ones unfulfilled desires at the door don't take false pride to town . Leave your guns at home .

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Loyal
1Co 2:11 Who can know the thoughts of another person? Only a person's own spirit can know them. In the same way, only the Spirit of God knows God's thoughts. (NiRV)

1Co 2:11 No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. (NLT)

No it's not it doesn't say YH gave power to Satan to read minds I think perhaps ya r adding your thoughts in the midst of it??
"Reading minds" is not a spiritual feat! It is but one of mere man's technological feats.

This verse speaks of the Spirit - not of the mind. IOW, the Spirit is the discerner, not the mind:

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Active
"Reading minds" is not a spiritual feat! It is but one of mere man's technological feats.

This verse speaks of the Spirit - not of the mind. IOW, the Spirit is the discerner, not the mind:

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
let this mind that was in the Son of man be in us .We have the Spirit of the mind of God, as it it written .

From the OP:
How then can he tempt?
Check the first chapter of James, the first 8 or so verses. It explains that a dipsychos (two-spirited) man is unstable, the blessing of enduring temptation, how he is tempted, etc.

Active

Dude if ya wanna give satan power ova ya go ahead.. but as for me I know satan can not read my mind.. now ya can have spirits talk to ya.. give ya ideas.. try n lead ya to do their bidden.. that I'll give ya but to say satan can read minds lol no.. AI can pretty much tell what many will do cause it knows everywhere ya go who ya talk to what ya buy how much ya make it know if one is cheating on their husband or wife it knows people better then most know themselves n satan has been around ages before her... he been studying man for a long long long time.. but to read minds naw..

N yet u fail to do what I asked soo.with that being said ya ain't gonna sway me to try would be fruitless in ur part..

Active
From the OP:

Check the first chapter of James, the first 8 or so verses. It explains that a dipsychos (two-spirited) man is unstable, the blessing of enduring temptation, how he is tempted, etc.
I would suggest the spirit of lies hardens the heart and gives whosoever free reign to do whatever they want .

Yoked with Christ the burden is made lighter . . .we can rest as we work today 24 /7. in a hope of giving him honor Looking lusting after the things of this world seen hardeners a heart . But He speaks a word and the water of the word softens the hardness it.

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

The daily food of rest yoked with Christ.

Matthew 11:29-30King James Version2 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.3 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The spiritual understanding that the disciples knew not of. . both to hear and empower to do the will of another.

Job 23 :12-16 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:

Active

Can Satan hear (read) our thoughts?​

No

How then can he tempt?

The same way you and I can tempt others.

He can see you are hard up for money. That is if he is around you.

He is a creation. He roams around. He is not God that can listen to seven billion prayers at the same time.

The real issue is:

1. His rebellious / sinful / tempting / lustful knowledge is in the world.
2. There are around 18 000 fallen angels for each human on earth and they are all watching us.

To create an impact in this world, the devil influences leaders. Today, thanks to technology, he can influence media too. He is most certainly behind the porn industry for example.