• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can people learn from Jesus in the same way?

Let us see why the answer is no and why there are always people who cannot hear/learn anything from Jesus sayings even if they want to.

There is zillion of living things (starting from the living tiny cells...) among which human beings exist.

But the percentage of the men’s number in the world is, at any time, close to zero in comparison to the number of all other living things.

Would life on earth have the same meaning as of today's if the human species, forming just a tiny part (close to 0%) in the living world, doesn’t exist?

But on the other hand, these special beings couldn’t exist without being surrounded first by zillion of other living ones.

Now, the question is:

Do non-human living things need hearing or learning anything from Jesus?

They don’t; simply because they are made of flesh only.

In fact, every living cell/body has already all the necessary instructions (embedded in it by its Creator). And it should follow them in order to fulfil its role for which it is created in the first place.

Back to men’s world, Jesus, in many instances, reveals that humans are not created alike. Although all men have to be born of the flesh, not all of them are born of the Spirit too. In brief, Jesus came to address those who are also born with a human living soul (born of the Spirit) in order to help them know how to feed their soul and let it survive for eternity. Naturally, the human living flesh knows already how to survive (in one way or another); thanks to God’s instructions embedded in it.

By the way, those who have a human living flesh only try their best to belong to a certain group/system that suits better the priorities in life of their fleshes (these priorities are not necessarily alike but related to the roles for which their fleshes are created in the first place).

But those who have also a human living soul and decided to feed it continuously live as independent individuals instead, because living the unconditional divine love towards all others, God’s Way as on {Matthew 5:44-45}, contradicts the laws of any formal group/system in the world which is formed/organized by a certain imposed rules; claimed being of a god/deity or men.

Let us take another Jesus saying (among many ones) and see how people understand it:

"...but whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other too."

Thanks to Jesus, this simple, though very effective, hint has helped me always to know/discover, speaking practically, the deep nature of those whom I had/have to live with or meet. I wonder how many members here have also taken advantage of it the way I do.

For instance, this advice, said by Jesus, contradicts clearly how the human living flesh, if strong enough, should react in such situation (survival of the fittest; actually the strongest ;) ). So to those who are born of the flesh only, this Jesus saying sounds, at best, as non-sense

Kerim

Loyal
Hello Kerim, You may remember me from another forum from quite a while back. It is good to see you here.

Your understanding of a relationship with Jesus is expressed more clearly here than I have heard it from you before. Probably the difference is that I have changed some, but it may also be that you have changed.

The nonsense of men always gets in the way of real understanding of what God desires and of why Jesus was sent to us. If a person has a heart that is simply too hard to open up to what God would really want to tell them, what can you or I do about it? Is this not where prayer can potentially make a difference?

Hello John, Yes, I do remember you. And it is good to see you here too.

I don't think you or I have changed. As you know, English is my third language. I had to learn it for my work (after graduation, about 40 years ago, I started my small private business to design and produce various electronic controllers for the local market). So I am far being a good writer (even in Arabic) to express rather clearly what I have in mind. It seems, based on your notice, that my writing is progressed somehow with time.

Here it seems the dinner is ready :( See you soon, bye.

Loyal
Hello John, Yes, I do remember you. And it is good to see you here too.

I don't think you or I have changed. As you know, English is my third language. I had to learn it for my work (after graduation, about 40 years ago, I started my small private business to design and produce various electronic controllers for the local market). So I am far being a good writer (even in Arabic) to express rather clearly what I have in mind. It seems, based on your notice, that my writing is progressed somehow with time.

Here it seems the dinner is ready :( See you soon, bye.
Yes, your communication in English is quite good. Hope to see you around this forum.

Active
Yes kerim you are quite right as the Bible explains this in Gods word here this scripture comes to mind...

1 corinthians 2:14

Yes kerim you are quite right as the Bible explains this in Gods word here this scripture comes to mind...

1 corinthians 2:14

Thank you for pointing out this verse.

By the way, it took me about 30 years to discover 'fully' that Jesus Christ, as presented on my Arabic Gospel (I am not sure about other versions), is indeed my Divine Perfect Teacher.
He is 'Perfect' because I didn't need any other one/source to build the relative perfect knowledge (relative to my being) that I was looking for, since I was a teenager.
He is 'Divine' because only the Will/Power that created me knows in advance all about my (personal) deep nature. It happens that I see totally myself (based on reason, not faith) in Jesus sayings only.
He is 'my' Teacher because, thanks to Him, I am saved from the common weakness that all human babies are born with... 'total ignorance' (that is with no 'perceived' data at all). This weakness is also known as 'the original sin'; the inherited expression from God's Word that was addressed, long ago, to the kids of humanity (our primitive ancient ancestors).

If you ask me who I am ;) I may say:
I am just an independent disciple of Jesus Christ who is saved by his teachings. He helped me know how to feed, daily and in any situation, my human living soul to let it survive for eternity.
And being armed with the true knowledge concerning my being and the real world (the way it is supposed to run since always), I had no more reason to have fears of any sort. So till my human living flesh will return back, sooner or later, to its state of void (the state before its birth), my soul is able to live in a stable and balanced realm.

So in my case, even if the entire world may ignore, or even reject for good, Jesus (Jesus I know), I can't do the same unless I will be interested to also reject for good myself ;) But on the other hand, it seems that, so far in the least, it is not my role in life to preach Jesus sayings as many others do (by addressing the multitudes around the world). The simple reason is obvious:

I am just an ordinary man.
So I can't have the necessary means to do it as the many privileged persons can while they serve some powerful rich ones around the word.
And, most people (the masses) in the world prefer listing to these great privileged speakers and not to independent free persons (not serving any high class; religious or political).

After all, I believe that if someone couldn't understand, for one reason or another, the main message of Jesus directly from Him (from His sayings and the way He lived and died which are available almost anywhere), he would have no choice but knowing Him, at best, as He is seen/known by some other people.

Kerim

I assume that the practical importance in discovering the world (actually the people in one's life) by applying Jesus hint above (turning the other cheek) is known by most readers here.

Now, I wonder if the parable {Luke 16:1 to 16:9} of the steward (the traitor; as it is titled on my Arabic Catholic Gospel) is understood by at least one formal Christian Church (or Denomination) in the world as I personally understand it.

As we will see, Jesus (unlike any other one in history) was able to give, by it, a practical accurate analogy that shows clearly an important aspect concerning the act of helping others for free.
For instance, this hint is also not addressed to those who are created with a human living flesh only because it cannot interest them in the first place.

Kerim

For instance, all men in charge of the various known systems (religious or political) around the world try their best to keep out of sight the great living miracle of Jesus that started since the day of crucifixion and will last to the end times. Even today's atheists cannot deny it since, naturally, it lives also in our days.

But whoever will be able to talk about it before the world's peoples directly (hence not in a forum) will not be allowed to live for more than a few days later. Jesus was also condemned to die on a cross, as if He were a criminal, just for telling the full truth. But the powerful/rich elders at His time couldn't apply their justice on Him till He decided that it was time for them to do it. Meanwhile, He, being not just a man, knew how to be/live among them, unarmed and defenceless, while he was preaching for about 3 years,

So I am not sure yet if it is wise to present now this living miracle of Jesus in this forum since I am just a new guest here.

Kerim

Staff Member
So I am not sure yet if it is wise to present now this living miracle of Jesus in this forum since I am just a new guest here.

I would say as long as what you present does not contradict scripture. I'm sure what you have to share would be welcomed by those here who call Jesus, Lord and Savior.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

I would say as long as what you present does not contradict scripture. I'm sure what you have to share would be welcomed by those here who call Jesus, Lord and Savior.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.

YBIC

Nick

<><

Hi Nick,

Truth be said, it won't be easy at all for too many people in the world who are followers of known organized communities/systems (religious or political; even the Christian ones) to talk about the universal fact that shows clearly this living miracle of Jesus.

I guess you know already that on the day of crucifixion there was not even one person on earth who dared standing with Jesus by saying: "I believe in Him and his message". Even Peter to whom Jesus said clearly "That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" denied Him 3 times, not just once. For instance, Jesus, for a 'very important reason’ as we may see later, let His Peter doing this on that crucial day.

You may not believe me but the world doesn’t change in this respect.

For now, I may say that repeating some of Jesus sayings, before the world's multitudes and exactly as Jesus did, won't be welcomed by anyone openly, for one reason or another ;) But one can read them on the Gospel anytime.

Kerim

Staff Member
@KerimF

Greetings,

May I ask if you are ready to share the things you started telling us about?
May I also suggest that if it is important, that surely sharing this truth is important to others who look for the return of Jesus as Saviour and King?
In Scripture, we are told that the Body is made of many members and that we all have need of one another. This need is in some way the need to share and give and receive what the Lord has given to each of us for building each other up and so ministering to the Body of Christ, in love.

Grace and Peace to you,

Bless you ....><>

Active
It is not easy. To get up and preach the gospel in front of others you do risk your life.
In some countries it is not possible. Back in the days in palestine, all the apostles save John were martyred for preaching the gospel, many stoned and killed by their own families from their own tribes. The jewish tribe were particularly incensed about the gospel and would not listen even if someone (Jesus! ) was raised from the dead.

Here on TJ I hope it is safe to share as nobody here will persecute or stone you Kerim. GOd forbid. Those who have ears, let them hear.