• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can Christians become invoved in politics.?

Active
2 Tim 2:4 "No man that warreth entangelth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."

2Cor 10:3 " For though we walk in the flesh; we do not war after the flesh:"

Active
But since one of the ministry gifts/callings of the Spirit is "Governments" (Kybernesis) then certainly political acumen is Biblically indicated, and it's be hard for ME to even understand your CLAIM that involvement on secular government is unbiblical. Why do you think rendering "WISE COUNCIL" in civil matters would be "against the written word"?
The gifts of the Spirit Bob are: Word of wisdom, Word of knowledge, Faith, gift of healing, miracles, Prophecy, Distinguishing between spirits and tongues. The gift of government is connected to the church and leadership abilities, not to world politics. I find it hard to deal with people who try to bully others with huge capital letters. But hard as it is to deal with I will try to put a point. If, as scripture says, all in authority was put there by God, Why would I risk going against the will of God by voting. If the person I vote for loses the election, then I have gone against God's choice. Why would I do that?

Active
If the person I vote for loses the election, then I have gone against God's choice. Why would I do that?

Proverbs 16:33 "The lot is cast into the lap, but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD." NKJV
"We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall." NLT

You would do that IF you do not understand that God is in complete control of everything. Those that do not know this are always trying to fix something
because it doesn't suit them or their views. But a dead man still walking in the flesh has no views of worldly affairs other than to watch them play out
as this is watching Gods every move to get the world to where he said it will be as the end of this age approaches.

Active
Proverbs 16:33 "The lot is cast into the lap, but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD." NKJV
"We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall." NLT

You would do that IF you do not understand that God is in complete control of everything. Those that do not know this are always trying to fix something
because it doesn't suit them or their views. But a dead man still walking in the flesh has no views of worldly affairs other than to watch them play out
as this is watching Gods every move to get the world to where he said it will be as the end of this age approaches.
I just watch the fig tree Samson and I see the leaves are turning green. So I arm myself with the prophesies that are to come and follow the leading of the Spirit as to what He wishes me to do. mostly it's mundane stuff like being there for those in need. There was a time when I fought demons in others but I am no longer in that arena.

Active
The gifts of the Spirit Bob are: Word of wisdom, Word of knowledge, Faith, gift of healing, miracles, Prophecy, Distinguishing between spirits and tongues. The gift of government is connected to the church and leadership abilities, not to world politics. I find it hard to deal with people who try to bully others with huge capital letters. But hard as it is to deal with I will try to put a point. If, as scripture says, all in authority was put there by God, Why would I risk going against the will of God by voting. If the person I vote for loses the election, then I have gone against God's choice. Why would I do that?

Romans 14 governs: If you can't do it in FAITH, then for you, it's SIN. Simple as that. I can vote in FAITH, and if led to by the Spirit I would also run for office IN FAITH.