• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can a Christian Loose their Salvation?

Loyal

Jesus referred to himself in many different ways, such as “the bread of life”, “the true vine”, “the Son of man who lays down his life.”, “the good shepherd”, and also as a “sower” (Matt 13:37)

Jesus told his disciples that if they did not understand the parable of the sower, then they will not understand any parable. The parable of the sower is the grand daddy of all parables!!! The parable of the "sower" sets the stage not only for ALL the parables that Jesus spoke about, but also the entire New Testament!!! Get this one wrong, and all of our understanding of what we read about in the New Testament, and what we thought we knew about a brother, or sister loosing their salvation will be completely in error!!!

Mar 4:13 And he said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?

This parable was so important for his followers to understand that Jesus did not let them try, and figure it out on their own, so he explains it to them clearly.

Jesus referred to the Word of God as a “seed” which must be planted into the soil. Seeds do not produce fruit out of the soil except after a certain time elapses. Fruit is what determines if a person is
saved or not. The very first fruit the Word of God produces in a person's life is the “new birth”

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Mat 13:18 "Hear then the parable of the sower:
Mat 13:19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. (ESV)

(This first person hears the Word of God, and immediately the evil ones steals the Word out of their heart. They never get saved, and never produce fruit unto salvation.)

Mat 13:20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy,
Mat 13:21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away. (ESV)

(This second person hears the Word, receives it with joy, but has no root in himself, and later falls away. With out roots fruit can never be produced unto salvation. This can be used to describe a person who abides in the vine for awhile, but never produces fruit, so he is cut off from the vine.)

Mat 13:22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. (ESV)

(This third person is the scariest of them all. He hears the Word of God, but the cares of this world prevent it from producing fruit unto salvation. Church's are filled to capacity with these kinds of people. They received the Word, but never get saved, but they think they are!!! Notice: they never fall away, but never get saved either. They are cut off from the vine because they never produce fruit. Have you ever spotted these kinds of people in your Church? There is no joy or peace in their lives, and they look and act just like the world!!)

Mat 13:23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty." (ESV)

(The last and final kind of person is the one who hears the Word of God, understands it and produces fruit unto salvation. He remains in the vine, and produces much fruit. These people are easy to spot within any Church.)

These four kinds of people that Jesus is describing here are typical to those found in every Church.

There is no such a thing as a Christian bearing good fruit, and than all of a sudden producing no or bad fruit, which is impossible!!

Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

If a good tree can NEVER produce bad fruit as Jesus said here, then a tree that produces no fruit or bad fruit, never did produce good fruit!!!
1f642.png
:)

All of the Apostles who wrote to the Church's knew there were many in the their congregations to whom they wrote to were not saved, which is why they said many things that were kind a rough for them to hear. Even, Jesus knew that many in the Church's he wrote to in the book of Revelations were not saved, which is why he spoke things in an attempt for them to get right, and make a commitment, and give all of themselves to him for salvation.

*** Has any one seen my salvation any where? I seem to have misplaced it somewhere! NOT
1f642.png
:)

Active
Sure, if you believe in works, then you believe a Christian can lose their salvation.
I want to do but, I feel sorry for those who feel you must continue to do to stay in God's grace, when he told us that grace was a free gift,
Legalists just flip over backwards when I say this: I believe it is very simple in that the true mark of a Christian is Jesus is you and, if he said he would never leave or forsake you, then, once in there who is gonna make him leave?

Loyal
Sure, if you believe in works, then you believe a Christian can lose their salvation.
I want to do but, I feel sorry for those who feel you must continue to do to stay in God's grace, when he told us that grace was a free gift,
Legalists just flip over backwards when I say this: I believe it is very simple in that the true mark of a Christian is Jesus is you and, if he said he would never leave or forsake you, then, once in there who is gonna make him leave?

One of the greatest things about the Lord God is that he will correct, and chastise us if get off the beaten path of truth even if we don't want him to. What child ever asks his father to correct him? What father ever asks his son if it is OK for him to correct him? Any true believer who thinks salvation is by works will be corrected by his father whether he wants it or not.