• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

But seek ye first the kingdom of God

Loyal
I often feel that I'm not where I want to be in my relationship with God. This morning this verse was echoing in my mind when I woke up.

Matthew 6:33 (KJV)a
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God...

Yes it is only a part of the verse. And yes...It's about seeking the kingdom of God and all these things will be added But.....The key part of the verse is...Seek ye the kingdom of God....... I looked in various versions of the bible and they all said basically the same thing and gave no real understanding of the verse...so I did a word study....

But seek ye first the the reign of the Messiah in your life, and his integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting,

This is vital to all parts of my life. Jesus is LORD in my life....Or He should be.

Loyal
I often feel that I'm not where I want to be in my relationship with God. This morning this verse was echoing in my mind when I woke up.

Yes it is only a part of the verse. And yes...It's about seeking the kingdom of God and all these things will be added But.....The key part of the verse is...Seek ye the kingdom of God....... I looked in various versions of the bible and they all said basically the same thing and gave no real understanding of the verse...so I did a word study....

But seek ye first the the reign of the Messiah in your life, and his integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting,

This is vital to all parts of my life. Jesus is LORD in my life....Or He should be.

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

Proverbs 4:5-6

Recently, God has been raising up ever-growing numbers of people who are hungry. Hungry to know their Lord in a deeper way. Hungry to serve Him—in pulpits, on mission fields, in homes, in office buildings and anywhere else He might choose to send them.

They are people who simply aren't content to find the path of least resistance and coast their way into heaven. No, they're determined to run the race...to run, as the apostle Paul said, to obtain the prize. Spiritually speaking, they are on the road to excellence.

Are you among them?

If so, I want to share four simple words that, I believe, will enable you to run the race like a winner.

Put the Word first.

Whether your goal is to be an excellent evangelist or a first-rate engineer in the service of the Lord, it is the wisdom that comes from the Word of God that will get you there.

Jesus said it this way: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

So commit yourself right now to do whatever it takes to totally saturate yourself with the Word of God. Use every available moment to read, study, listen to and meditate on it.

I know it won't be easy, but if you've made a definite decision to amount to something in the ministry of Jesus Christ and you are determined to take the Great Commission seriously, then be diligent. Put the Word first and there will surely be glorious victories ahead.

Scripture Reading:

Proverbs 4:1-18

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

Recently, God has been raising up ever-growing numbers of people who are hungry. Hungry to know their Lord in a deeper way. Hungry to serve Him—in pulpits, on mission fields, in homes, in office buildings and anywhere else He might choose to send them.

They are people who simply aren't content to find the path of least resistance and coast their way into heaven. No, they're determined to run the race...to run, as the apostle Paul said, to obtain the prize. Spiritually speaking, they are on the road to excellence.

Are you among them?

If so, I want to share four simple words that, I believe, will enable you to run the race like a winner.

Put the Word first.

Whether your goal is to be an excellent evangelist or a first-rate engineer in the service of the Lord, it is the wisdom that comes from the Word of God that will get you there.

Jesus said it this way: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

So commit yourself right now to do whatever it takes to totally saturate yourself with the Word of God. Use every available moment to read, study, listen to and meditate on it.

I know it won't be easy, but if you've made a definite decision to amount to something in the ministry of Jesus Christ and you are determined to take the Great Commission seriously, then be diligent. Put the Word first and there will surely be glorious victories ahead.

Scripture Reading:

Hi! 'Bendito'
Ummm, I'm not a theologian/teacher 'er anything as such. Nevertheless. I'm hopeful that I can maybe help you better understand some concepts about the term "Kingdom of God".
First of all. make no mistake ... it's not for nothing that the Scriptures clearly state that the 'Gospel of the Kingdom' was preached by both Jesus and the early Church. While John the Baptist preached the 'Gospel of Repentance', (Mark 1:4-5), Jesus and His disciples preached the 'Gospel of the Kingdom', (Luke16:16). Consequently, we do well to recall the Scripture: "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come", (Matthew 24:14).
To put it more succinctly: while the 'Gospel of Repentance' is ABOUT Jesus, the 'Gospel of the Kingdom' is the Gospel OF Jesus and His disciples.
Our Lord Jesus set out on the great mission given to Him by God: to reveal the mysteries of the spiritual world, (Kingdom of Heaven). Because the present enmity of evil spirits in the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus hid His 'Gospel of the Kingdom' in Parables so that only those who had open hearts would discover it's splendid truths.
The Lord Jesus spoke about the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. These would be hidden from the "wise and prudent" but, as is the good pleasure of our Father in heaven, revealed to children, (Matt 11:25,26). Our Lord Jesus hid the secrets of the Kingdom within parables so that only "children of faith" would understand. [not with natural intelligence], (Matt 13:10-17).
Gladly, we have this assurance: the 'Gospel of the Kingdom' will be preached to all people by means of the Body of Christ before the final purpose shall be revealed.

Active
The Kingdom is not of this world.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world." - John 18:36

Loyal
Assuredly the Kingdom of God is not of this world and we, if we are His and He is ours (that is if we are in Him and He is in us), are also not of this world.

Jesus was simply saying 'first things first' and when we do keep first the things which are first in the eyes of God then God will give "all of these things" but the things are not simply the needs of the flesh such as natural food and clothing.

In another place Jesus said, "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

What will we gain if we keep first things first and we do not live by natural bread alone? Perhaps we will come to where Jesus came:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

Now Jesus certainly had been in the world, but here, prior to his death on the cross, he was saying that he was no longer in the world. He had already overcome "his" world (John 16:33) before his natural death. He had overcome all of the temptations of this world of "his". he was the first overcomer and he did while walking in his veil of flesh.

If we are following the lead of Jesus in your cited verse in the OP (Matt 6:33) then we also should be able to be found as overcomers prior to our natural death. We would not only not be of this world but we would no longer longer be "in this world". Give God the glory!

Loyal

Are you among them?

Put the Word first.

Scripture Reading:

Actually the "kingdom of God" in the bible refers most often to a (below)

1. royal power, kingship, dominion, rule
    1. not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom

2. of the royal power of Jesus as the triumphant Messiah

3. of the royal power and dignity conferred on Christians in the Messiah's kingdom
It only uses the work kingdom about sixteen times in reference to a locality to be ruled by a king.

Loyal

This is one best "promises" in the Bible I have ever found, and it has to do with "seeking the Kingdom of God"

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Set your heart on the things above where Christ is sitting on the right hand of God.
Set you affection the things above, not on the things of this world.
Know that you are dead, and you are sitting in the same place as Christ is.
If we do this, this will happen, shall ye also appear with him in glory.!!!!!

Sounds just like the Mount of "transfiguration" where Moses, Elijah, Peter, James, and John appeared in Glory with Christ!!! :)
Tell the Lord I sad "hi".

Loyal
This is one best "promises" in the Bible I have ever found, and it has to do with "seeking the Kingdom of God"

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Set your heart on the things above where Christ is sitting on the right hand of God.
Set you affection the things above, not on the things of this world.
Know that you are dead, and you are sitting in the same place as Christ is.
If we do this, this will happen, shall ye also appear with him in glory.!!!!!

Sounds just like the Mount of "transfiguration" where Moses, Elijah, Peter, James, and John appeared in Glory with Christ!!! :)
Tell the Lord I sad "hi".

I think too that it has a lot to do with surrender to our LORD. Letting Him have dominion in us, instead of doing things our way.