• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

But he did not tell his father. 1 Sam 14:1c

Active
just interested in your opinion....i think the devout Johanthan obeyed God above his father and God confirmed this with enabling great victory in battle.

read vs 1-23

Loyal
just interested in your opinion....i think the devout Johanthan obeyed God above his father and God confirmed this with enabling great victory in battle.

read vs 1-23
Of course, it is not possible for us to confirm God's final decision for other people... especially when their gifts and guidelines differed from ours, unless of course gives us a personal revelation. We who do not always know even our own limits as well as we might, how well can we know the ones that applied to Jonathan? From what we read, Jonathan was a good man who loved God. He took a serious personal risk trying to intercede with his father on behalf of his friend David, when Saul without good cause relentlessly tried to kill David or make him look bad before others.

Having said all of that, if forced to vote on Jonathan's case based only on the available evidence, I would find him not guilty before God based on intent. In other words, Jonathan in the end the of the matter pleased God. I cannot really say whether or not this was really the case.

Loyal
I always liked Johnathon. Despite the nature of his father, he loved God and David, and seemed always willing to see the truth in a matter. He was conflicted about honoring his father and still helping David whom his father wanted to kill, but I think he did as well as any who wants to do the "right thing".

Staff Member
Greetings,

could it be that the greatest honour to a father and mother is that a man loves God before all else and walks in such integrity?

in other words, if the report of a man be that he loves the LORD and walks in the integrity of that love then although some may mock, there can be no higher honour given him which if one would say that man is a certain man's son, that would be honouring towards that father rather than dishonouring his name.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
We should honor our parents ( Eph 6:2; )

But not to the point of betraying our faith. ( Matt 10:21; Matt 10:35; Luke 12:53; etc.. )