• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Body Building Music......some songs that help keep the pep in my step.

Praise to the Creator Psalm 33:1-33
1Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous; befitting is the praise of the upright. 2Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to Him with ten strings. 3Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy.…

Some songs from Joseph's coat of many colors:

2Samuel 6:14-15
14And David, wearing a linen ephod, danced with all his might before the LORD, 15while he and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of the trumpets.…

Staff Member
Greetings,

thank you for sharing those verses and songs.
I quite enjoyed the first three but the last two were not my cup of tea, but that's OK because you probably would be much the same about some of the songs I have posted in the past and might post in future.

I shall be listening again.

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

thank you for sharing those verses and songs.
I quite enjoyed the first three but the last two were not my cup of tea, but that's OK because you probably would be much the same about some of the songs I have posted in the past and might post in future.

I shall be listening again.

Bless you ....><>
Not a problem :smile: I think there is a flavor for everyone. Personally I like all praise music regardless of genre. I think God is the main creator of all music and it's styles. Music should always be used for the good and it is an extention of the flavors within God. He could not reach all souls with one style, hence, why believers produce all different styles. So far I have liked what you have posted, what I have listened to that is. Peace!

"Pep in your step," you say. When I was a new UMC pastor, after a year or so, I felt the need to introduce some livelier traditionql hymns. I went on a long walk in the Finger Lakes region of Western New York to contemplate my options. Suddenly the words of "Dwelling in Beulah Land" were sung in my imagination! This was remarkable because I had heard the song only once as a boy and now the song played in my mind with near perfect recall. In OT Hebrew "Beulah" means "marriage." So the hymn places you on a spiritual mountaintop to experience a second honeymoon with God. The composer, Austin Miles, also wrote "In the Garden" and in my opinion these 2 hymns have the most poetically beautiful lyrics of any hymn. Fortunately, my pianist was a jazz pianist. When I introduced the hymn, the impact was electriying: it sounded something lik this:
'
dwelling in beulah land gaither - Bing video

"Better than a Hallelujah" has unique and powerful lyrics and is one of my favorite modern praise choruses:

better than a Hallelujah youtube - Bing

Last edited: