• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Biggest need in the church?

What is the biggest need in the church?

• Greater interconnection with other churches

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • More prayer

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Greater sense of the Holy Spirit's leading and direction

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • More knowledge of the Bible

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • More outreach programs

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Closer and caring realtionships within the church

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • More miracles and evidence of God's power

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
Amen!

When I was a new Christian repentance was not in my vocabulary or knowledge yet - may have something to do with your observation.

Yes, that is true. And the other things are important too, I mean, a true love for the lost, in word and in action, is so essential, relationships within church, more prayer, yes all so needed.

We see, that especially in big USA cities, that Christians do not care about sin too much. It is so, so different than even the late 1990s.

There is such as spirit, really an attitude, of self on the throne, no matter what is said, this is the reality.

True sustained, repentance, will touch God like nothing else, and begin to bring the changes that are sorely needed in this hour.

JHM

All of the above, plus : Intensive scripture study, awareness of what the Bible fortells, preparation for the destruction to come, in order that some might survive the days of tribulation.

i voted for a greater outreach to other churches for this is part of our evolvement to unity. I wanted to vote for greater outreach to other religeons but that wasnt there. I guess maybe we arent really ready for that one yet. however i am part of an inter faith group. we focuss on our commonalities and use our differences to create bigger better truths. For the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.
God bless

I feel the greatest need in the church today is repentance, for many people are turning away from the faith and falling in sin. Not just ordinary people alone, even preachers and worship leaders are falling in sin and going astray and it is happening just as it is mentioned in the bible. We're running out of time, because our Lord is coming.

All we need is God's strength so that we don't sound like the world and get attracted by the things of the world.

All we need to do is to check ourselves carefully, where do we stand in God's eyes, are we really motivated towards the Lord or not.

We need to be faithful people till the end.

Yes indeed, this is very lacking among believers today.

Indeed my friend. There is no one more miserable and more tightly bound than a believer who tries to please God in His own strength.If Jesus (in His earth walk) was led of the Spirit in every action and deed; if He (though God) moved only in the power of the Holy Spirit then we should do likewise. Only in this will we bear the fruit of the Spirit which is living expression of the life of the Vine Himself.

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

If we but fulfill the above scripture then we would be in touch with the Master's heart, walking in the Spirit, reaching the hurting, walking in humility and fulfilling the Father's call for our lives. None of these things can be accomplished without total dependence on the Holy Spirit of God. Anything else is flesh, what is born of the flesh is always flesh and cannot please God.

Greater sense of the Holy Spirit leading and direction
God and a man were walking along a street one day. As they approached a church building, the man looked up and sighed, "They won't let me in there." God said, "Don 't feel bad. They won't let me in there either!

SLE

God and a man were walking along a street one day. As they approached a church building, the man looked up and sighed, "They won't let me in there." God said, "Don 't feel bad. They won't let me in there either!

SLE

It is sad, but it is very much true.

Indeed my friend. There is no one more miserable and more tightly bound than a believer who tries to please God in His own strength.If Jesus (in His earth walk) was led of the Spirit in every action and deed; if He (though God) moved only in the power of the Holy Spirit then we should do likewise. Only in this will we bear the fruit of the Spirit which is living expression of the life of the Vine Himself.

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

If we but fulfill the above scripture then we would be in touch with the Master's heart, walking in the Spirit, reaching the hurting, walking in humility and fulfilling the Father's call for our lives. None of these things can be accomplished without total dependence on the Holy Spirit of God. Anything else is flesh, what is born of the flesh is always flesh and cannot please God.

I agree brother but want to make a point and elaborate. I bolded the part that is an area of conflict for many.

The way you worded it here, is how many believe it happens, that in order for us to be in contact with Father's heart we must love one another but I want to reinforce that love is a fruit of HolySpirit and this being said, the true fulfillment of any of Jesus' "commands" ( I prefer the term precepts to commands) are results and definitely not requisites. In other words, we do not love each other so that we may walk with Christ but rather we love each other as a result from walking with Christ. As you said we must be in total dependence on HolySpirit and then this will be the result:wink:

Last edited:
Which came first the chicken or the egg? LOL!I believe it was the chicken but like all things this is a matter of perspective and some would disagree.
If we are walking on the Spirit we will love the brethren. If we are in the flesh then we will not love the brethren and yet our heart will always be far from God's own.
1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

In the following verse the word hate is defined in the Strong's Concordance as " detest or love less".

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
So (long winded as I am) said all that to basically agree with you. One can be part of the church and be in the flesh which hates all things of God including it's own family. Or one can be in the spirit and embrace those around oneself warts and all (just like Jesus did for us).

Active
Like you saint, I see something missing to!! How about TRUTH! Curches wonder why people are either leaving,or not coming,many pastors forget there job!! If you preach Jesus, it has no value, unless one is living Jesus as well! a person in the church has a need, and they pray this!! james 2:15-16 instead of this!!2 Cor 9:6-15 and Acts 20:33-36 If a brother or sister has a need in the Church,we are to give, if we can to meet that need!! There by showing we are indeed DOERS!!! of the Word and NOT hearers only!! james 1:22 May the needs we all have be met in and through Christ! may our Chruc hwake from there sleep!!( ROM 13:11) For salvation is a free gift of God,and so let us recieve it,and be an example to our LIVING!! JESUS!!! amen!

If we will humble ourselves and get rid of all pride then we would not be selfish and would spend the appropriate time we need to truly have a relationship with Jesus.

We are spoiled in America and have not had to be dependent on Jesus Christ. We have to many places to run first, a new credit card, the Dr. or hospital, a friend, a phychiatrist. We need to learn to depend on Jesus Christ!

Revival, truth, love for the lost, love for one another, all these needs will be met only as the believer learns the principle of walking in the Spirit. It is only as the life of the Vine flows through the branch that growth, flowering and finally fruition is achieved.

Revival, truth, love for the lost, love for one another, all these needs will be met only as the believer learns the principle of walking in the Spirit. It is only as the life of the Vine flows through the branch that growth, flowering and finally fruition is achieved.

Amen Boanerges.

Active

RJ

A lot of great choices and needs but, for me the greatest lack is the reading and and personal understanding of the Bible. The catch phrase or word for what separates us from God is sin and, so it is, it is inevitable and thanks be to God for Jesus Christ.
But, God says that our understanding and belief comes from reading the Bible and I think the single most thing that separates the church from God and the center of most issues, is from an over all lack of reading and studying God's word!

Many who claimed to be Christians (and truly believed it) are seeing their worldly lifestyles pulled out from under them by the current economic downturn. I believe that we are in the throes of a major shaking from God that is going to be painfully long-term.

SLE