• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

big question of life...

Question: Why has God first created the man and then, after that, the woman?
Answer: He first created a rough sketch of His work, and then, He created the masterpiece.

Don’t feel bad, boys…

The purpose of this joke isn’t to mock God’s creation – no way. I know it was perfect, and that God Himself said that. It’s just a cheer up joke and something some men (even nowadays) should think about.

I’m sorry if you feel bad about it. I really didn’t mean to offend anybody. And I certainly didn’t want to offend God.

And think about it in a different way – God’s works are perfect. So way should a sketch made by God be anything less than that?

I got to say sebi that I had the same reaction as A.Berean to your joke, I get it but I also find it tastless in that it mocks God's word.

Sure it is funny in a worldly sought of way, but we are called to love not the world, to be in the world not of the world.

Grace
Theo

...?

I did not intend to mock God’s word. I trust it, and I respect it. I study it daily (small exceptions) and I try to live my life by it. Now, I don’t know of any scriptures in the Bible that say anything about jokes. But I think Christians are aloud to joke, but there are limits in this. I hear a lot of nasty jokes almost daily from colleagues in school, and some are about God the Father, or Jesus. Mine wasn’t intended to be like that. It wasn’t intended to dishonor God.
You think this joke mocks God’s creation… I don’t see it that way…
I’m going to try to explain why.
I first heard this joke from a couple of about 45 years old that I respect a lot for their education and their life with God – their involvement in church, their involvement in spreading the Gospel, and in helping orphans. But I know that’s not enough to qualify this as a good joke. They’re human too, so they too can make mistakes.
In the light of God’s word, I don’t know of any verse that can say anything about jokes. But I think it’s ok for Christians to joke. I don’t see a serious reason why they shouldn’t. Now, adding God in your jokes might seem something rude and not for His praise. But if you recognize God’s qualities in that joke and show the others that listen to you what He is like, then I think that can be called praise – even though at the end everyone is laughing.
Now about this particular joke. I say again that I didn’t mean it the way you understand it. I’m going to try to explain myself. Men and women are both humans, so they’re of the same value to God. Man was created first because he was appointed the head of the woman. Then came his helper, comparable to him. God loved and still loves men and women the same. He doesn’t discriminate. Nor does this joke – at least I don’t think so. Also, God’s creation was perfect. Both man and woman were perfect. But they were different – looking from one perspective, you could say that man is greater than woman (muscle, leadership, endurance…) but looking from a different perspective, woman is better than man (feelings, intuition, motherly love…) and so on. Both could be considered inferior and superior to the other in a way. This joke tried to show this character of God’s design of man and woman. I really don’t think it mocks God’s creation.
I hope I was pretty clear. I do understand that I might be wrong in this… So if you still think so, please let me know – but please try to bring more arguments (maybe you’re more lucky in finding scriptures than me). I would like this to be a beneficial discussion about this sort of jokes.
God help us all in understanding Him better!

Now I am must come to my brothers defense here.... Before you think so wrong and place him lower and mock him for his joke then you need to re-read alot of posts....because there is a lot of joking in useing the word of God! Not placeing it lower just having a good time...

You know I think the pharisee's (sp) had a lot of problems with Jesus not just because of what He taught but how he did it they (the pharisee's) thought he was making "light and worldly"

Please do not place your brother or sister down... I believe you all know the steps if you have a problem with a brother or sister...

I have to ask was prayer apart of your answer to brother sebi?

sebi said:
Question: Why has God first created the man and then, after that, the woman?
Answer: He first created a rough sketch of His work, and then, He created the masterpiece.
Don’t feel bad, boys…
now that is funny its also a very deep and profound there is much wisdom concealed thank you Gary

a.berean and theophilus you both really need to get over yourselves.

For future reference; Please refrain from entering the joke forum if you have
become so holier than thou you think you have to rebuke a man for telling a good clean joke.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
I agree with Coconut & Jesuslovesu. Did you people forget that GOD has a BETTER (perfect as well) sense of humour than we do? Is there a block in your mind that tells you it was impossible for GOD to have a simple good laugh at this joke?

The joke was clean and did not mock GOD at all. As a matter of fact, its a clean friendly wife to husband joke per se. In other words, something the wife could joke around with her husband. No harm here.

Lighten up

Coconut took the words right out of my mouth.

I always say if God created woman first there would have been no need for man!!!!!!!!!!

Justing joking!!!!

:love: my hubby, he's my other half

I smell a couple of insecure men here . Thats not fair ! God said I could be in charge . :eek:mg: Don't sweat it Sebi . Just a joke . Mike

Theo, thank you for your note, and hope this reply clears things up for everyone. I have no doubt you did not mean to cause offence, and sebi obviously did`nt mean to either. The problem was a.bereans reponse, and your subsequent agreement with it.
Let me clarify my own response to you both.
Sebi makes a gender joke thats obviously not meant to be scripturally relevant or accurate.
aberean (if he is anything like his namesake, should have known better) jumps at the chance to show his scriptural knowledge, and attempts to give the 'joke' a theological application and sebi a rebuke.
Mockers or scoffers, as defined in scripture means a false teacher. I think everyone here understands that sebi wasn`t attemting to 'teach' anything. Nor was he making any attempt to 'scoff' at the Word.
Now the reason I said get over yourselves, is because it seems to me anyone who was`nt looking for an opportunity to show-up a brother should have been able to see what I`ve just pointed out. Causing someone to feel bad over a simple attempt at lighthearted humor is going above and beyond 'the call of christian duty' would`nt you say?

Coconut said:
Sebi makes a gender joke thats obviously not meant to be scripturally relevant or accurate.
I think everyone here understands that sebi wasn`t attemting to 'teach' anything. Nor was he making any attempt to 'scoff' at the Word.
QUOTE]
thanks Coconut... you said it better in a couple of lines, than i did in 2 posts.

God made woman from Adam's rib
not from his head to top him,
nor from his feet to be below him,
but out of his side to be equal with him
under his arm to be protected by him
and near his heart to be loved by him

:love:

sebi said:
The purpose of this joke isn’t to mock God’s creation – no way. I know it was perfect, and that God Himself said that. It’s just a cheer up joke and something some men (even nowadays) should think about.
I’m sorry if you feel bad about it. I really didn’t mean to offend anybody. And I certainly didn’t want to offend God.
And think about it in a different way – God’s works are perfect. So way should a sketch made by God be anything less than that?

i like how u have defended urself!!! its absolutely clear u didnt mean to offend anyone or God!!! anyone who's taken offense, please reconsider ur harsh words. this joke was not meant to be degrading, rather light hearted humour. a sketch by God would be perfect... and no less perfect than a masterpiece!!! chill. i enjoyed the joke Sebi... it was a nice contrast to so many people (not all) who say we women arent as good as men becos we were created second... this brought a smile to my face and brought me a great deal of happiness... to think God truly did make us special... not lesser than a man.
Peace.

:eek:mg: If anyone was offended by this joke, than you are way to sensitive for any type of humor, because that was one of the most mildest and cleanest jokes I have ever heard. Nothing wrong with it, and just to let you know that God also laughs and has a sense of humor.
For men and women to mock each other in a fun way over whos the superior sex is a thing that is heard daily. It is all in good fun. We should not take these things to heart. Living in the sinful world that we live in, we should know by now the difference between good and offensive humor. And compared to the jokes I have heard in all my life, believe me when I say that this did not offend me at all and I dont think God felt offended either.
God knows and thats all that matters.
Lets laugh together, not argue over such small issues.