• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Bible Trivia Test

Loyal
This isn't really much of a test. Most of us have Bibles on our laptops, cellphones, or even the internet. It's easy to do google searches, so I suppose this will just have to be on the honor system.
No cheating! :)

1. God works in mysterious ways. - is this a verse in the Bible?

2. We will all cast our crowns at the feet of Jesus - does the Bible say this?

3. The high priests in the old testament, used to wear bells, and tie and rope around their ankles before entering the Holy of Holies, in case they died while inside - is this in the Bible anywhere?

4. God helps those who help themselves - is this a verse in the Bible.

5. Treat others as you want to be treated - is this a verse in the Bible?

6. We are saved by faith alone - Is there a verse in the Bible that says this? Bonus - is there one that says the opposite of this?

... more to come.

Loyal
7. Is there a verse in the Bible that specifically says Jesus is God?

8. Are hades (hell) and the Lake of Fire the same place?

9. Cleanliness is next to godliness - is this verse in the Bible?

10. Were any of the original 12 apostles related to Jesus?

11. Is there any verse that says Jesus's return will be before the tribulation? Bonus; Are there any verses that say it will be after the tribulation?

Loyal
My memory is not so great anymore, so without research, I would fail.

That's Ok. I suspect many people will at least go look up some of these things, and that's good.
The real purpose here isn't to prove someone has superior knowledge about the Bible over someone else, but rather... are there certain beliefs some people have because they've heard some things over and over again in the church,
even though the Bible doesn't say these things (by the way, there are at least one or two of phrases I posted, that ARE in the Bible).

Loyal
1. God works in mysterious ways. - is this a verse in the Bible? NOt sure but I say NO

2. We will all cast our crowns at the feet of Jesus - does the Bible say this? Yes

3. The high priests in the old testament, used to wear bells, and tie and rope around their ankles before entering the Holy of Holies, in case they died while inside - is this in the Bible anywhere? I think so John the babatist father did this I beleive, not sure about the bells

4. God helps those who help themselves - is this a verse in the Bible.,,,,not sure but I say NO

5. Treat others as you want to be treated - is this a verse in the Bible? YES

6. We are saved by faith alone - Is there a verse in the Bible that says this? Bonus - is there one that says the opposite of this? Yes second part I say not sure but knowing you Ray I bet there is LOL:)

7. Is there a verse in the Bible that specifically says Jesus is God? YES YES

8. Are hades (hell) and the Lake of Fire the same place? NO

9. Cleanliness is next to godliness - is this verse in the Bible? NO I edited this one after re reading

10. Were any of the original 12 apostles related to Jesus? no, but disciplies were a brother of his I think

11. Is there any verse that says Jesus's return will be before the tribulation? Bonus; Are there any verses that say it will be after the tribulation? Trouble maker ha ha,,,, NOT one verse says there he will return before tribulation,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes in the gospels it says Jesus will return after the tribulation and send out his angels to gather his elect

this was off the top of my head, no cheating :)

Loyal
this was off the top of my head, no cheating :)

Not bad. Better than most I suspect.

Question #2. We all cast our crowns at Jesus's feet. Where is a scripture for this?

There is a verse that says the 24 elders will, but what about the rest of us?

Loyal
Question #2. We all cast our crowns at Jesus's feet. Where is a scripture for this?
I believe we all will bend our knees before Jesus and confess that He is Lord and God.
As for the saints we shall receive a crown from Jesus (James?)

I know the proverb and there are references to the mystery of God hidden in Christ (by Paul)
but I think this is a worldly adage by worldly people who do not know anything about the gospel.

3. The high priests in the old testament, used to wear bells, and tie and rope around their ankles before entering the Holy of Holies, in case they died while inside - is this in the Bible anywhere?
Yes I believe this is true.
It may well be somewhere in Leviticus - but given that touching the Ark of Mercy incorrectly could lead to sudden death I think it a fair occupational health risk assessment by Temple workers.

Hhhmmm I think this comes out of the wisdom of Proverbs - he who works shall eat
Certainly the sentiment that people need to put faith into action, rather than do nothing and expecting God to provide everything.

The golden rule - do unto others as thou would have others do unto thee.

6. We are saved by faith alone - Is there a verse in the Bible that says this? Bonus - is there one that says the opposite of this?
NO this is not scriptural - and James writes to this.
Yes there are many verses that talk of evidence for good discipleship; such as, the fruit of the Spirit, walking in the Spirit, obedience, keeping the commandments of God, being zealous of good works.

7. Is there a verse in the Bible that specifically says Jesus is God?
YES - more than one.
Colossians?? Jesus is the creator of the world and the Universe. All things were made by him and for him.
The Father and I are one.
My Lord and my God.
Plus a plethora of OT verses declaring that YAHWEH is the REDEEMER and the Messiah.

8. Are hades (hell) and the Lake of Fire the same place?
NO - Hades [Greek] or Sheol [Hebrew] is the abode of the dead that await resurrection
The Lake of Fire is a dreadful place of perdition into which Hades/Sheol are thrown away into.

Interesting footnote - is Hades thrown into the Lake of Fire because there is no further need for this, OR is Hades in the Lake because it continues to be the abode of the "dead" in a new fiery place of torment??

9. Cleanliness is next to godliness - is this verse in the Bible?
Cannot say that I have read this as scripture; but it sure was in my RC catechism.
Oh the dangers of puberty.

10. Were any of the original 12 apostles related to Jesus?
No I do not think so - but I believe that two apostles, James and Jude, were half brothers to Jesus.

11. Is there any verse that says Jesus's return will be before the tribulation? Bonus; Are there any verses that say it will be after the tribulation?
NO - Jesus is not returning before the tribulation of the end of this world. We are commanded to watch and pray and to look up for our redemption draws near.
Yes - in 1Corinthians 15 and 1Thessalonians 1 (?) we are informed that after the last trump and the voice of the archangel then the dead in Christ shall rise up to meet Him in the air.
And we who are alive shall be transformed in the twinkling of an eye to be forever with our Lord and God.

Loyal
Not bad. Better than most I suspect.

Trick question ha,,, here is the reference I was wrong

Revelation 4:10
the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Active

No verse directly but the Bible informs us, teaching that without parables or called hidden manna hiding the unseen spiritual understanding Christ spoke not . Parable reveal the mysteries hid from the world . They teach us to walk by faith and not what the eats see the eternal .

In order to learn how to walk by faith there must be a mixing of the two or confusion no understanding of the parable comes in Just the literal historical, temporal, understanding .

2. We will all cast our crowns at the feet of Jesus - does the Bible say this? Yes

They will not be literal crowns but crowns of life. as a kingdom of priest. Crowns that signify salvation the reward of faith. In that way we all receive the same reward .

6. We are saved by faith alone - Is there a verse in the Bible that says this? Bonus - is there one that says the opposite of this? Yes second part I say not sure but knowing you Ray I bet there is LO

Faith as God's labor of love alone .Whatsoever is not of His faith is sin.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin

This isn't really much of a test. Most of us have Bibles on our laptos, cellphones, or even the internet. It's easy to do google searches, so I suppose this will just have to be on the honor system.
No cheating! :)

2. We will all cast our crowns at the feet of Jesus - does the Bible say this?

... more to come.

I hope this is an answer, did some speed reading o_O

1# A mysterious way For I have a peculiar smile, a mysterious nature

1 Corinthians 2:16 (NKJV) For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Romans 11: 25-26 For I would not brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, There shall come out Sion the Deliverer and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

Romans 16: 25-27 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith;

Matthew 13:11 Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them, it is not given.

Romans 16: 25-27 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

2# The Crown of Life
Revelation 2:10 (NKJV) Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Revelation 2:11 (NKJV) He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death." '

James 1:12 (NKJV) Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

2 Timothy 4:8-9 (NKJV) Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Be diligent to come to me quickly;

3# The Robe of Life
Exodus 28:28-39 (NKJV) They shall bind the breastplate by means of its rings to the rings of the ephod, using a blue cord, so that it is above the intricately woven band of the ephod, and so that the breastplate does not come loose from the ephod.
So Aaron shall bear the names of the sons of Israel on the breastplate of judgment over his heart, when he goes into the holy place, as a memorial before the LORD continually.
And you shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim, and they shall be over Aaron's heart when he goes in before the LORD. So Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel over his heart before the LORD continually.

Exodus 28: 31"You shall make the robe of the ephod all of blue.
Exodus 28:32 There shall be an opening for his head in the middle of it; it shall have a woven binding all around its opening, like the opening in a coat of mail, so that it does not tear.

Exodus 28: 33 "And upon its hem, you shall make pomegranates of blue, purple, and scarlet, all around its hem, and bells of gold between them all around: a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, upon the hem of the robe all around.
Exodus 28: 35 And it shall be upon Aaron when he ministers and its sound will be heard when he goes into the holy place before the LORD and when he comes out, that he may not die.
Exodus 28: 36 "You shall also make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet: HOLINESS TO THE LORD. o_Oo_Oo_O
And you shall put it on a blue cord, that it may be on the turban; it shall be on the front of the turban.
So it shall be on Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things which the children of Israel hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall always be on his forehead, that they may be accepted before the LORD.
"You shall skillfully weave the tunic of fine linen thread, you shall make the turban of fine linen, and you shall make the sash of woven work.

Read Leviticus 8:1- 36

4# Hezekiah 6: 1 God help those why help themselves

Romans 5:8 (NKJV) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV) A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Psalm 33:9-11 (NKJV) For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.
The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.
The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.

5# Kindness
Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV) And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.

Galatians 5:22-24 (NKJV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such, there is no law.
And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

6# Faith and Grace
We read in Romans 3: 20 - 26. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe; for there is no difference; For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, do declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness; that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. I quote again,

In Romans 3:24-26. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness; that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 (NKJV) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Romans 3:21-28 (NKJV) But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:15-16 (NKJV) We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Philippians 3:8-11 (NKJV)Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Loyal
The golden rule - do unto others as thou would have others do unto thee.

Yes, this one is true.

Matt 7:12; “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Loyal
Ephesians 2:8 (NKJV) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

This is the verse most often quoted, for faith "alone". And yet none of my 18 different Bible translations have the word "alone" in this verse anywhere.
However it is almost always quoted as "faith alone".

On the other hand, this verse does have the word "alone" in it.
James 2:24; You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.