• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Bible Studying

Bible Studying

In order to even care about GOD's Rules & Regulations, we need to learn them first, what they are & what they mean to us.
So therefore we need to Study. {John 14:21 & 23-24}

In order to understand The Almighty GOD {YHWH, Jehovah} and/or HIS Son Christ Jesus, we must learn of them, first.
Who they are, why GOD made man-kind & why things go on in this world the way they do.

In order for people to truly say they LOVE The Almighty GOD & HIS Son Christ Jesus, they need to learn all about them, first.{John 14:21 & 23-24}

And in order to remember everything we learn we need to keep on Bible Studying, to keep our minds refreshed of HIS Rules & Regulations, keeping them intact.

Writing them upon the tablets of our hearts, {Proverbs 3:1-3} otherwise we might be allowing HIS Word to fade, therefore forget what we've been taught, finding ourselves getting weeker,in stead of getting stonger. Giving more into man's ways instead of GOD'S.

We, being imperfict need to refresh our minds, if not everyday, then at least once a week or when ever is most posible.

Plus, it's a wonderful feeling!
For not only are we learning more & more of GOD & HIS Son Christ Jesus. We are also comunicating with HIM.
Providing the fact ,we go straight into prayer first, inviting HIM & ask HIM to join us in this study, to guide us as we Study.

It's incredable feeling when you feel HIS Presance. Because out of the blue, knowledge comes to you. Knowledge that you know you have learned, but don't
always have the ability to expain it, but for some reason,{in the Study} now you can expain it. Knowledge to answers to questions you did not understand
before.

I know this to be true! I know because GOD has comunicated with me this way. And I truly do believe that GOD wants us all to Bible Study,
solo or with others. And with a starting prayer, from our hearts & with high hopes that HE will guide us through it, too. {Proverbs 4:2}
Studying is like a gentle dicipline to the soul & mind. {Proverbs 1:2-7}
And I found, it even contents the heart.

Which is the key to living with The Almighty GOD and Christ Jesus, Believing in THEM & Walking with THEM.

Last edited:
I is good to meet with our Lord in his word. Appreciated you testamony and exhortation Jonah. I was reminded of a passage from John 15:

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

It is important to read the scriptures every day. To read in a way that lets the words of scripture wash over our spirit and our mind. Not to hasten through, but to rest in it as we read. Not all passages are suitable for this. And serious study is required at times.

The book of Proverbs is a good book to read in this manner. Just letting the wise words of inspiration soak in, as we read

I have found Bible Studying to be such a Blessing! And I perhaps I can't speek for everyone, I really believe I could feel HIS presence there with me. It's an awesome feeling, even breath taking.

Tell me please,
we often hear the words quoted, 'two wrongs don't make a right'
can you tell me is it scripture, it sounds like it is, but I've not come across it, perhaps it is written differantly.
Can any of you help?

Well whether or not there's a scripture for the saying 'two wrongs don't make a right' there is one thing for sure GOD would agree with it, considering the fact that GOD doesn't approve of wrong doings at all.

I can understand that Jonah
but I've also heard people quote 'God loves them that help themselves'
by non-Christian people, this is surely not right,
it is
God helps them that cannot help themselves, that's why we need Him.

If we could help ourselves we'd have no need for God to intervene in our lost lives.

another one I've heard is, 'God loves a trier' but it's 'God loves a doer'

people in the world make up their own scripture and because they don't read the Bible they believe it and pass it down to their own.

I'm not nit-picking, I just find people coming out with these words, and they really believe them, and I think it has a way of keeping them from God rather than drawing them to Him.

I agree with you Maureen, it's the way of the worldly at heart. Ever hear of the compulsive liar? They're know to believe in their own lies. And who is the father of all lies, but the devil himself?

Yes Jonah, he sure has a lot to answer for, but he is going to get his come-uppance, in the lake of fire, Hallelujah.

another one is, 'the sun only shines on the righteous' how often have you heard people coming of with this remark, again their own scripture,
as the sun shines on all, righteous and evil.

Mind you I do get great satisfaction when someone says these to me, as I point them to the true word of scripture, they do have a hard time accepting that it is the right way, they will still argue their words are correct, as they've been fed them for so many years, but they can't argue against God's word, no matter hard they try, truth shall prevail.

Matthew 5 v 45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

As it is writen, so shall it be done.

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. {Joshua 1:8}

Food for thought:

In this Scripture, The Almighty GOD spoke these words to Joshua after Moses had died, these words are also important for all of us today.

*genesis

That is so true, just as relevant today as all those years ago.

We are in the book of Joshua at church, up to ch.12 now.
God gave much power to Joshua to suceed in taking the land, nothing stopped him as nothing will stop God's power.

If God isn't in it, bin it.