Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Bible Study

Maureen

Do you think we could perhaps do this, have a 'Bible Study' programme
I know all our topics are a kind of study in themselves
but could someone of us not start a 'Proper Study Thread'
Anyone any suggestions? Am I being stupid?
You can tell me if so, I understand, I know how to turn
the other cheek, Jesus taught me.....praise him

no you are not stupid. It is a good idea.... but i think we meet a pastor to do it.... do you think so?

Maureen said:
Do you think we could perhaps do this, have a 'Bible Study' programme
I know all our topics are a kind of study in themselves
but could someone of us not start a 'Proper Study Thread'
Anyone any suggestions? Am I being stupid?
You can tell me if so, I understand, I know how to turn
the other cheek, Jesus taught me.....praise him
Its a great idea. I will look into some special study courses and do some good research in a few weeks. Please keep a reminder for me :)

Will do, Chad thanks spicyjoe for thinking it's a good idea
wasn't too sure what you's would think, but sure
anything about Gods word has to be good Amen

I think it is a good idea.
Be hard to get people all to meet at the same time consistently.
Also, of more concern, it will be difficult to restrain members who are of sects,
cults, abberrant theological interpretations, etc. from taking part.

I see you try so hard to keep this sort of thing from popping up and I know it is
very important to do so: For the sake of new believers and those who are really impressionable, for the sake of Truth, and for the sake of the Lord Jesus whom
we desire to honor and obey.

Considering these things, should you decide to go ahead with a study, how can we help?

i think we can help is to come and support it everyday..... ( i don't understand what am i saying. LOLz ).... or maybe we can find a software for bible study. i see it every christian site i go but the ware have a price.... oh maybe i can get the ware from my friendz ( we sell pirated CDs here. and only coz $3 us dollars. LOLz ) than i'll try to fix it and sell it to chad. maybe it can work....

I concur that it's a good idea... can it be a true Bible study? Like one of the books of the Bible.

When we do it, maybe it would be a good idea to have some agreements between us as to the "tone" of our resonses...

Even if we use a study guide, I would like us to have the opportunity to do independent research and share our notes.

I think the Purpose Driven Life would be a good start, and a simple, straightforward way, especially for research per se. It is widely used worldwide for bibly study classes so why not use it here? I'll look further into it.

Great study material, I agree... however it could be potentially dificult to facilitate with the '40 days' principal and new ppl joining the site often.

I'm sure that could be worked around though.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be more interested in studing the Bible

Back