• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Bible study tips

Alicia, you might make a list of things you have questions about. I did this once & began a study that went down thru the list. You'll need a Bible you can understand easily - or better yet, several different translations. It's a good idea to check a scripture with different translations. I find that a good Bible dictionary comes in handy as well as a concordance. Commentaries are good, but lots of times we get caught up in what the man who wrote the commentary is saying rather than what the Bible is saying.

You might start your list with the subject of prayer. Look up & study all the prayers of different people in the Bible. Be sure to read before & after...not just the prayer itself.

Hope that helps some.

or u could get a daily devotional from ur local christian bookshop... they help a heap.. ive got one. they r awesum, an take u thru different readings and mini-series.. all over the bible.. awesum stuff dey r!!

Thax guys but what about layout. Like how do I put everything together. The audience are not as mature in Christ as I so I cant boil when they frozen.. I first have to let them thaw. So pls any ideas there?

greetings Alicia Charne

Im not sure what you mean specifically.But a good study bible helps,me personally Prefer king jms because there is alot of helps like strongs,comentaries and dictionaries to name a few.
If you can get access to an audio bible on cd or online try doing a read along ,Off and on I read the entire bible in about three months,was able to keep up and retain alot,this way you can get familiar with biblical context before you start putting the pieces together.And most importantly pray for knowledge and understanding before you start study each time.I hope this helps you It did for me.

write down verses on paper, over and over again, tell them to yourself over and over again so you memorize it...
1cor13:4-8, I know American Standard Version, and it's a good one to know, I have a general idea of acts4:32.just keep reading, get audio tapes so you can listen on way to work or school and back home, or during lunch break. Surround yourself with it, read it for 1-3 hours a night. Do you work 80-100 hours a week? nope!

Remember, that to be saved you must Love God, and Love your neighbour. How can you love someone you don't know? Understanding who they are, what they have done, their history is apart of loving them.
Once I started to open the bible @ night @ 9pm... I said I would read to 11pm, but because I was so hooked, I'd read until 1am, 2am, 4am!!
If you don't understand something, you mustn give up, for Love never fails and is truly patience, and in due time, Our Lord God will reward you with the keys of life, the door to salvation, the path of love and kindness and peace. In unison with your family, fulfilling your dreams, God knows what you want, but to seek this reward, you must prove yourself worthy of his love and his reward, you'll prove yourself in due time, just find what he wants, look in deep, what does God want from us? what benefits him mostly? what's he want out of our world, his world?
May the ways of the prophets and the encouragement from us lead you to good fortune in this "different" age. I hope you all have countless gifts and blessings like me, here for service for you.

It is what I take most pride in doing, is that being of service to others.

Peace.

!st thing you should do?is pray ask the SPIRIT of TRUTh to guide you and reveal what you need most .Then When read ,think ?Which part of my being is this too?
As we are SPIRIT [inner being] SOUL[MIND] and flesh [body]Then read over it out loud .Something about our ears hearing these trues?

FREE down loads ,bibles and many other helps?
[edited by Yeshua no LINKS are to be posted without Chad's permission]http://www.e-sword.net/bibles.html

But the BEST HELP IS REALLY THE HOLY SPIRIT ,As THIS IS THE REASON WE HAVE HIM ,WITH IN US FOREVER MORE ! :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bible Study for new Christians is sometimes challenging

I agree with the advice about praying for the guidance and enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. If He is present in you and enabled by your submission, He will lead you and He will often prompt you with what to say. In addition, you will see Him work in the experiences of the other members of your study group. When that happens it is about the most humbling and exciting thing I have experienced.

For starting topics may I suggest some of the following:
- Salvation - What is it? When and how does it happen? What's next?
- Sanctification-
- Grace and the Law- (Romans 2 thru 8)
- Righteousness
- Christ and His mission
- Christ and His Parables (The Rich man and the beggar, The seed principle)
( The woman with the issue of blood touching His
hem. The Samaritan woman at the well)
- Christ and His gospel of the kingdom

Some of these are more mature than others and I am sure that many others might suggest still others for your consideration.

May I also suggest that you pray before you begin preparing any lesson and let the Holy Spirit lead you as a teacher. If you will diligently seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit you will teach what He knows your group needs when they need it. Let the Spirit flow through you to your group. You will have an anointed study and a Spirit filled and Spirit led study as well

GBU and May the River of living water flow from our Lord through you out to your study group

In His service

Bob

The HOLY SPIRIT speaks to us ,even to most sin full beings.His job with in us ?To teach us everything and anything.And too lift up our LORD JESUS CHRIST .He puts thoughts in our minds .just like satan does .We must decide which thoughts are from the LORD and which are from demons ?We sometimes are think ,Which should I do? We are like in the middle.But if we are not walking in our spirits?We may not be able to obey the LORD or even know it is HIM .
We must 1st be BORN AGAIN .Which is a spiritual birth .Done by the HOLY SPIRIT .We will not have it if ,we do not accept JESUS CHRIST as OUR LORD AND MASTER .That is why?Many are called ,few choosen .Because many will accept HIm as LORD ,but not MASTER or LORD of there lifes .E MUST be LORD .Then we can be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT .The LORD gave HIS BLOOD ,That we could be BORN OF OUR SPIRITS .They must be sin less .Then once we have been born of GOD .Our minds must be renewed or ,you can say ?We take on the same thinging of JESUS CHRIST .
Then we are sin less in our spirits and can not sin spiritually .of course the flesh can not help but sin .and will always sin ,But we can walk in or by ,our spirits .And our spirit ,born of GOD .Will not allow the flesh too sin .To be born again ?We must repent and mean it .We must believe JESUS CHRIST died for our sins .We must ask HIm into our hearts and be our LORD .Then the HOLY SPIRIT give us this new spirit and dwells with in us forever more .Then we follow no person upon the earth .But only our LORD .
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
YOU SEE?IT CAN NOT BE CORRUPTED .EVER!
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
This speaks of our NEW SPIRIT .
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

THIS IS WHO WE THEN ARE LIKE !1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
hidden man is our spirit ,born of GOD .This tells of these days ,which are now!
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh: Jam 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Ti 4:22 The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.
Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:
:love: