• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Benny Hinn - False Prophet Extraordinaire

[NOTE: (C) Copyright 1999 Tricia Tillin of Banner Ministries. This article is COPYRIGHT material. It is NOT to be posted to mailing lists, newsgroups, websites or any other electronic or written medium.]

Intro only :

"My normal practice is to expose DOCTRINE, rather than PEOPLE. I believe that is the right way to show you how the apostasy is progressing.

However, there are certain key figures that exemplify the apostasy so clearly that what they say and do is an example in itself. There are also key revival figures who are, in my belief and estimation, so far outside true Christianity that they deserve no kid glove treatment from me...."

To read entire message, and listen to audio links go here:

http://www.intotruth.org/wof/Hinn.html

TOUCH,TOPPLE,TILT!

"What people need to ask, if someone has so many off-base, unbiblical, and distorted doctrines on the nature of God how can he be operating under the influence of the Holy Spirit? If this is true than God does not care if what we say is true or false. If God approves of Hinn’s teaching by empowering him with His Spirit, how can we possibly distinguish the false from the true that arises from the cults and varied religions? Doctrine does matter; it is our straight edge ruler to truth. Scripture admonishes us all to adhere to the doctrine of Christ in the apostle’s teachings" (1 Tim. 4:13-16; 2 Jn. 9; Rom.16:17-18).

http://www.letusreason.org/Wf1.htm

Galatians 1 "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

The worst tradgedy is when people really are broken and need Gods love and truth , only to be fooled by scam artist who skin the sheep , instead of feed them .

Many have come looking for Jesus Christ , only to be had and walk away from their only hope of eternal life , found only in Christ and him crucified .

This has been a big tool for satan . God help us to divide the truth from the false in all things here at TalkJesus . MikeT4G

Even before I learned of Benny Hinn's false doctrines his stage performance would make me uneasy. He reminded me of some frontier snakeoil salesman. Promise the moon and deliver nothing of substance.

Re: Benny Hinn

Phi 1:18 What then? Yet in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and I rejoice in this; yet also I will rejoice.

2Ti 2:19 However, the foundation of God stands firm, having this seal, "The Lord knew the ones being His; also, Let everyone naming the name of Christ depart from unrighteousness.

Rom 14:13 Then let us no longer judge one another, but rather judge this, not to put a stumbling-block or an offense toward a brother.

Benny Hinn stands or falls to his creator. Let us not join with the devil to accuse him. Let us pray for him in love instead.

Administrator
Staff Member
MikeT4G said:
The worst tradgedy is when people really are broken and need Gods love and truth , only to be fooled by scam artist who skin the sheep , instead of feed them .

Many have come looking for Jesus Christ , only to be had and walk away from their only hope of eternal life , found only in Christ and him crucified .

This has been a big tool for satan . God help us to divide the truth from the false in all things here at TalkJesus . MikeT4G

This is true indeed. Its one thing to walk a straight line [obedience] with the Lord and be pardoned of our sins. Its another to purposely mock GOD for our selfish greed and gains [false prophets, scam artists]. Not to be judgmental to them, but they know very well clear the Truth as they read it and USE IT for their OWN self gain which is purely money as usual.

There is no use labelling somebody as false prophet once u sense something fishy. The truth is that we are supposed to checking everything with God's word. This guy maybe instrumental in bringing lots of people to Christ, great displays of signs and wonders, healings, miracles and all that stuff. Yet, all of us need to grow from being just a believer to be a disciple who knows the word and rightly discerns the word of truth as mentioned in 2 Timothy. Any great man of God is prone to mistakes, coz mistakes are human. But as a disciple it is our duty to check everything with the Word.
As somebody (Mecartz) mentioned in this thread, instead of accusing the bretheren, pray for him, correct him and rebuke him in the light of the word if you get a chance and mind you... not publicly.
Jesus prayed for us,
"Sanctify them in the TRUTH, Your WORD is TRUTH" John 17:17
also the psalmist said "Let Your lovingkindness and Your TRUTH continually preserve me." Psalm 40:11
Know that only God's truth can preserve you from strange doctrines. Also read 1Timothy 4:1-5. Word of God warns us about misleading doctrines in the latter days.
Be very careful not to be quick in judging anybody. He maybe erring, but that does not mean he is disqualified or his love for Jesus is not genuine. God's sovreign grace and mercy is indescribable. People act weird when their priority and focus shift from Jesus to something else and they need serious prayer cover.
Yours in Christ,
Gideon

Last edited:
There is no use labelling somebody as false prophet ...

The truth is that we are supposed to checking everything with God's word.

Check your opening statement with the Word then Gideon.

The problem with what some of you are saying is, you can`t heed Gods warning, while being unwilling to make a judgement call. It might make us feel less judgemental, and seem a whole lot more loving to sit on the fence, but its not what God requires of us.

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not
ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

How do you put a wicked person away from your fellowship, if no one in the fellowship is supposed to 'judge' anything regarding a brother? If no one dare proclaim someone to be a false teacher, then what is the purpose of knowing (both these questioning statements are very contrary to the Word)

I dare say the last days 'don`t judge' stance is the most demonic of false teachings, if anyone has eyes to see let him see. When the apostles were dealing with those who were trying to lead true followers of Jesus Christ astray, they were not offered prayers and forbearance, but were rebuked and commanded to repent or perish. The latter day church is guilty of loving those who love and make a lie, something that makes us more loving than God! Are the two witnesses that are coming going to be calling out in the streets 'pray the false prophets!' ...or 'pray for the antichrist!' ?
Who shall warn them to flee from the WRATH OF GOD to come?

Phi 3: Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

MikeT4G said:

Their only hope of eternal life , found only in Christ and him crucified .

AMEN!

Joshua 24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

I am very well aware we are to test the spirits. However, it would be better to be warned and not go to see one of these people at all than to go and hear false teaching. As Mike pointed out many have come looking for Christ but have walked away disappointed. :love:

Administrator
Staff Member
I disagree with Gideon. There is a purpose for standing for GOD's Truth and warning others. GOD told us to judge according to His Word, by His Word, test the spirits. Simply put, no truth = no good. Deceit is an eternally damaging weapon of the devil's against such lost souls who do not know any better due to their lack of wisdom. No insult intended, just the truth. We are responsible to reach out to them, warn them, preach Truth only.

How can we not find purpose in "labeling" them. As a matter of fact, label or no label has nothing to do with this. It has to do with exposing the false prophets and preaching the truth. Nothing so difficult about this whatsoever.

As I said before, it is one thing to "errr" and another to purposely use GOD's Word for selfish gains. Mr. Hinn knows exactly what he is doing. GOD knows fully and cannot be mocked.

Well said, that is going exactly by the BOOK Chad!

Seems somebody pipes up with 'judge not!' everytime someone tries to expose the ungodly, no offence intended, but God is not pleased with such contradiction and perversion of His own Word. (Again, the enemys favorite old tactic is saying "God did not really say...") To those I say...keep reading!..."judge not" is only one half of the story (and not once spoken in regards to that which is false!)

If anyone of us seen our child was being raped, we would not respond with such misplaced passionless rhetoric as we must "love them," (*gag!* ) how much more serious do any of us think it is when God sees even one soul spiritually raped?

Did God say or did He not say, those who would lead souls astray are ENEMIES OF THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST? And yes before someone leaps on that without looking, I see where God told us to love our enemies. I don`t see where God told us to love HIS enemies. Why else do you think God has said Abhor [detest utterly] that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Romans 12:9
and again...You God hate all who do evil [Ps. 5:4-5]
and again...You hate those who serve worthless idols [Ps. 31:5-6]

Satan does`nt care if anyone believes in God, no man believes more than he does. Nor does he care if you or I even claim to love God and every human alive. As long as he can keep the children of God blissfully eating those delightful apples of love... he does`nt mind at all. Its a love fest that would make Adam and Eve blush, this thing we have done with our knowledge of good and evil.

We Must 'Judge'!!

:angry: The Word of God says it 'loud' and 'clear'!
Jesus is speaking in Matt. 7:1,2 about
'judging' the intents and motives of an individual's
heart' by 'falsely accusing and possibly slandering!
Psalms:44:21: Shall not God search this out? for
he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

He goes on to say about 'taking care of your own sin
that is 'paramount' compared to someone else's [sin],
that He states is not 'tantamount' to yours!

The judging we as believers are supposed to do [and
we'd better!] is to 'condemn' 'all' false teaching and 'all'
'false doctrine' that is contrary and 'flys' in the face of
'sound doctrine' from God's Word!

1Cor.2:15: But he that is spiritual judgeth all things,
yet he himself is judged of no man.
The Berean brethren 'searched' the scriptures daily-

Acts. 17:11: These were more noble than those in
Thessalonica, in that they received the word with
all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures
daily, whether those things were so.

They were'judging', spiritually discerning, to see if it was
'false doctrine or true to God's Word!

Titus 2:1: But speak thou the things which become sound
doctrine:

Benny Hinn, what is supposed to be 'judged' is what comes
out of his mouth as 'false or sound [TRUE] doctrine' 'judged'
by God's Word!

Matt 22:16: And they sent out unto him their disciples with
the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true,
and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou
for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

Deut. 13:1: If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer
of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

Deut. 13:2: And the sign or the wonder come to pass,
whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods,
which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

Deut. 13:3: Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that
prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God
proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God
with all your heart and with all your soul.

God says 'Satan' can put a 'magic' show on through
these ministers of his 2 cor. 11:14,15 notice in verse 15 it
says 'transformed 'as' the ministers of righteousness!' Wow!

They are 'not' under the power of God's Spirit, but a 'counterfeit'
annointing that has crept into the church, even in the arena of
so-called Christian Contemporary Music!!

" Even before I learned of Benny Hinn's false doctrines his
stage performance would make me uneasy. He reminded
me of some frontier snakeoil salesman. Promise the moon
and deliver nothing of substance."

Amen!! Benny Hinn was the 'protege' of Katharine Kullman, a
freaky, flamboyant, and eerie woman that you'd have to see
a video on her to see what I mean!!

She was committing adultery, living a lavish lifestyle and so on.
She died miserably! She had a power ful healing and deliverance
ministry at one time! Could it be that both she and Benny 'once'
started out right?

Gal. 3:3: Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit,
are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

"CURSED be he that doeth the work of the LORD
deceitfully, . . ." Jeremiah 48:10

Thank God He gave us His Word to 'judge' the 'satanic
deception' that is 'trying' to confuse and infiltrate the church!

Matt. 16:18: And I say also unto thee, That thou art
Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and
the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matt.24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false
prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders;
insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive
the very elect.

1John 2:27: But the anointing which ye have received
of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man
teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you
of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even
as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John 16:13: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is
come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not
speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that
shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Amen!!

{Edit by Jesuslovesu; Reason no links without permission}

Last edited by a moderator:
Though Henn appears to be a fraud, I'm going to be cautious in saying he's a false prophet. God hasn't given me the authority to judge Henn, so I must say he might be good, and he might be bad.

Drowning how does a born agian believer try the spirits if we have "no authority"

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Testing and proving are not "maybe`s"! We cant go by "appearances" but by the trying (testing) of the spirit thru the Word of God. I ask how much vanity and false prophecy does a man such as Benny Hinn have to spew out before we accept there is enough proof.
I`m reminded of the FDA, who would`nt accept the personal testimony of healing by any means without enough proof-studies to fill a library, and then some lol!

Amen!

Coconut is right on!
I exposed through the Holy Ghost years back,
a few 'false brethren, false prophets and false
teachers'! Gal.2:4
Their *'fruit' was corrupt! I challenged them by the
Word of God and the 'annointing' God has placed in
my life as a preacher working in the gift of the
'word of knowledge and the discerning of spirits.'
* Fruit of 'False Prophets" Matthew 7:15-23
1Cor.12:10: To another the working of miracles;
to another prophecy; to another discerning of
spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to
another the interpretation of tongues:

When I challenged them by God's Word they
were 'revealed' and fled!! They were in the churches
[Charasmatic, Pentecostal born again congregations!]
confusing, dividing and 'lying' signs and wonders!
2Peter 2:17-22 ;2Th:2:9,10.
Notice in this scripture how 'Satan' can manifest
counterfeit signs and wonders!
Exodus 7:11: Then Pharaoh also called the wise men
and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt,
they also did in like manner with their
enchantments.

The church is full of 'charltons', imposters of the Gospel
of Christ, that 'must' be exposed and run out in Jesus'
Name! Where's the 'watchman' in these 'Last Days'?

Isaiah 56:10
Where's the prophetic voice to rise up on t.v. and say:
Or did 'He' and not many are listening?!

Jer:6:17: Also I set watchmen over you, saying,
Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But
they said, We will not hearken.

" You are of 'Satan' Dan. 5:27: TEKEL; Thou art
weighed in the balances, and art found wanting."

According to God's Word you are teaching, preaching
and performing 'lying' signs and miracles that are totally
contrary and are labeled 'false' doctrine!

Acts 16:16: And it came to pass, as we went to
prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a
spirit of divination
met us, which brought
her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Sounds like today doesn't it??
Acts 16:17: The same followed Paul and us,
and cried, saying, These men
are the servants of the most high God, which
shew unto us the
way of salvation.
Acts 16:18: And this did she many days.
But Paul, being grieved, turned
and said to the spirit, I command
thee in the name of
Jesus Christ to
come out of her. And he came out the
same hour.

Notice the spirit [demon] in the girl was proclaiming
the 'Right Biblical assertions!

But Paul,....... You could preach a sermon just on
these two words!!
he 'discerened' through the gift of the Holy Spirit,
even though, 'it sounded good and right' IT...
WAS....A... DEMON....SPEAKING!!!
How many 'demons' are speaking through Satan's
ministers on t.v. while the church says 'NOTHING'
and allows the circus to continue??!!

Sooner or later they 'are' exposed! Praise God!!
2Tm:3:8: Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood
Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of
corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Tm:3:9: But they shall proceed no further:
for their folly shall be manifest unto all men,

as theirs also was.

Amen!!

Dear All, The Lord says to test/judge all spirits, including every post on this site, but not to judge the man. For all we know, He may (most likely is) a Christian. Let each of us consider ourselves before we cast a stone.

Last edited:
AMEN!!

The love of CHRIST is what we should exude as believers in GOD through JESUS CHRIST!
Only GOD is the judge because HE knows the end and the beginning of a person.
GOD knows what they think, will do, will say, and they feel in their heart.
We don't know

The story of Paul is him knowing a DEMON is there.

As many accounts with JESUS and even HIS disciples, we rebuke the demon in the vessel, not the person.
As JESUS said to Peter, GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN.
Talking to what was in Peter at the time, because just earlier JESUS praised PETER ( using his name and GOD's) for being gifted to know that HE was the MEssiah.
Never forget that when we sin we are a slave to sin, slave to the devil.
When we are obedient, we are servants/children/sons of GOD; to be used accordingly either way!!
Let's look here:
MATTHEW 16:16-23
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
Jesus turned and said to Peter, Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

EVEN WITH OTHERS HE REBUKED THE DEMON, NOT THE PERSON:
MATTHEW 17:18

You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.”
Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment.

Even with JUDAS the betrayer, let's remember JESUS didn't even tell all HIS disciples who HE was. He didn't fully expose him, and that's the betrayer.

Someone earlier mentioned PAUL, which is great.
It's similar to my examples mentioned here ( thanks to GOD for all wisdom).

Yet, let's never forget PAUL's conversion from SAUL TO PAUL; was he not a false prophet and killer of CHristians when he was Saul??? YES!!
Yet JESUS used HIM!!

We can never forget GOD can use, and has always used the things that we look down on to show HIS power, like:
David ( the son the father didn't choose), Saul/Paul( the murderer), JESUS came as a poor unattractive KING/MESSIAH/SAVIOUR, Moses ( slow in speech), and so many more examples of this passage:

1 CORINTHIANS 1:27-31
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
That no flesh should glory in his presence.
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

ONLY GOD knows who HE will change.
We don't.
If we see something false, then we rebuke the demon inside the vessel, not the vessel.
Even if it's not a vessel ( human), and it's one of the 3rd of the angels cast out of heaven with the devil, we still rebuke Satan in JESUS name, and he MUST FLEE!!

REMEMBER, this is a HEAVENLY WAR happening on earth:
REVELATIONS 12:7-9:
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

SO, Be aware that when we don't rebuke the devil, he still stays, and he knows the word better than any human. So, dont' interpret what to do, follow exactly what JESUS says to do.

The false prophet would know the WORD and not be so careless as this post.
BUT, a misdirected, misguided human would be; and there are many of those.

Just recently GOD had me understand all this.
IT's quite amazing and peace comes you, but your heart must want it.
We must have a heart of faithwhile we are here, then we see more:
MATTHEW 5:1-12
And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

AMEN!! As yourselves where is your heart/faith in the above passage??????

Continue reading please:

As JESUS says, " HIS burden is light".
It is light on the Spirit though heavy on the soul and flesh where the devil loves to tempt us.
But once we are in obedience with the LORD and obeying the greatest commandments left by HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, then we will not be afraid to say to any vessel, " GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN IN THE NAME OF JESUS", and then continue our lives as JESUS wants.
Trust in the LORD, the devil must and will flee.

Never forget as believers in GOD through JESUS CHRIST, that JESUS commandments ( being the WORD of GOD made flesh) for us to live here in the faith till HE comes again is:

MARK 12:29-31
He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Grace and peace to all in the LORD through JESUS CHRIST the Son of GOD; may HIS love rest upon you all.

Last edited:
Phi 1:18 What then? Yet in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and I rejoice in this; yet also I will rejoice.

2Ti 2:19 However, the foundation of God stands firm, having this seal, "The Lord knew the ones being His; also, Let everyone naming the name of Christ depart from unrighteousness.

Rom 14:13 Then let us no longer judge one another, but rather judge this, not to put a stumbling-block or an offense toward a brother.

Benny Hinn stands or falls to his creator. Let us not join with the devil to accuse him. Let us pray for him in love instead.

God help us if we are too timid and afraid to expose unrighteousness because we think it is "unloving" or "un-Christian". Contending for the Faith is LOVE, not making love into a platitude.

The Apostle Paul had a lot to say about false teachers and how we should react to them. He did not mince words and he didn't offer a bunch of niceties out of concern that he would look too judgmental. Here's just a couple quick ones :

1 Timothy 1:20 talks about handing someone over to Satan.

Titus 1 has some other things to say about false teachers (and if Paul, in your estimation, is too harsh in his pronouncements, I would suggest giving him the benefit of the doubt that his was the correct stance.

Titus 1:10-16 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, 11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 One of them, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.” 13 This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, 14 not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth. 15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

I see phrases like "must be stopped" and "rebuke sharply". But I don't see anything that smacks of your "pray for him in love instead".

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Do you think Paul gave this warning because he wanted to make sure we knew who to give big warm hugs to? And it certainly wouldn't be the latter that received them, as there wouldn't be any flock left to give one to.

"Love" and "do not judge", is so over-used and their meanings and contexts so distorted, that in many cases they have simply become salt that has lost it's savor. Corruption, evil, false prophets and the like are all safe under the sanctimonious banner of love and do not not judge.

Last edited: