• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

audio Becoming Accountable for Conduct

Administrator
Staff Member
When it comes to living out your faith, do you walk the walk? Or just talk the talk? Dr. David Jeremiah returns to the Old Testament book of Nehemiah, where the nation of Israel learns the importance of
actually practicing what they’ve been preaching.

Sermon by David Jeremiah

Nehemiah 9:38-10:31
“And because of all this,
We make a sure covenant and write it;
Our leaders, our Levites, and our priests seal it.

The People Who Sealed the Covenant
Now those who placed their seal on the document were:

Nehemiah the governor, the son of Hacaliah, and Zedekiah, Seraiah, Azariah, Jeremiah, Pashhur, Amariah, Malchijah, Hattush, Shebaniah, Malluch, Harim, Meremoth, Obadiah, Daniel, Ginnethon, Baruch, Meshullam, Abijah, Mijamin, Maaziah, Bilgai, and Shemaiah. These were the priests.

The Levites: Jeshua the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons of Henadad, and Kadmiel.

Their brethren: Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan, Micha, Rehob, Hashabiah, Zaccur, Sherebiah, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Bani, and Beninu.

The leaders of the people: Parosh, Pahath-Moab, Elam, Zattu, Bani, Bunni, Azgad, Bebai, Adonijah, Bigvai, Adin, Ater, Hezekiah, Azzur, Hodijah, Hashum, Bezai, Hariph, Anathoth, Nebai, Magpiash, Meshullam, Hezir, Meshezabel, Zadok, Jaddua, Pelatiah, Hanan, Anaiah, Hoshea, Hananiah, Hasshub, Hallohesh, Pilha, Shobek, Rehum, Hashabnah, Maaseiah, Ahijah, Hanan, Anan, Malluch, Harim, and Baanah.

The Covenant That Was Sealed
Now the rest of the people—the priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers, the Nethinim, and all those who had separated themselves from the peoples of the lands to the Law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, everyone who had knowledge and understanding— these joined with their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse and an oath to walk in God’s Law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the Lord our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes: We would not give our daughters as wives to the peoples of the land, nor take their daughters for our sons; if the peoples of the land brought wares or any grain to sell on the Sabbath day, we would not buy it from them on the Sabbath, or on a holy day; and we would forego the seventh year’s produce and the exacting of every debt.

Loyal
Thank you Brother Chad for this post. I truly believe God is showing His people why so many fall short of the victory they believed for and why many of the brethren feel God is not interested in their life. It is all about obedience unto His ways. This includes highly our actions and reactions at all times and not just in church or around a group of believers.

Yes we inherit the promises of God when we become born again - However there are Conditions that must be met in Order for these promises or the ways of God to be released into our lives or on our behalf or simply bringing forth a desired result. These Conditions are kingdom laws or commandments or simply put His way of doing things. We dont get to pick and chose what is for us and what we feel is best in our lives. No Sir, God has set forth thee way in which we are to conduct ourselves here in this land. When we refuse or become wayside even in the little things - well Sir, we must grasp there are repercussions to these actions or lack of obedience unto His ways.

Things such as Forgiving and Walking in Love are Crucial and are not up for debate.
God Bless and thanks again Beother Chad
James

Staff Member
Awesome sermon brother @Chad It really speaks to so much more than the Title!! One could just as easily tie in Obedience into the title for they really go hand in hand.

obedience unto His ways.

Things such as Forgiving and Walking in Love are Crucial and are not up for debate.

Well said brother. Too often "picking & choosing" when to apply them by determining whether this or that person deserves to receive it has become the normal way. Difficult as it may be at times to do. We need to do it "the Lord's Way".

His mentioning of "We'll observe to do" from the Book of Joshua. Where it is actually mentioned twice. One verse right after the other!

"Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Joshua 1:7-8

Which really ties into what you're saying Brother James!

"Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, [that] observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do." Matthew 23:3
"teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, [even] to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28:20

Appreciate it so much Brother Chad. I have to thank you again! Thank-you.
And as in all things. Thank-you my Lord, my Savior, my God for your word.
YBIC
Nick
<><