• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Become a Butterfly

Metamorphosis! It is almost a miracle. A worm becomes a butterfly! And it's no mere change in appearance. Biology tells us that it's a complete change. The tissues of the worm dissolve, and are re-formed into a new creature. Metamorphosis is the Greek word the Apostle Paul uses in Romans 12:2, and Matthew uses in his gospel in 17:2. One is about the change possible for us in Christ.
Romans 12:1-5 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. (2) Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (3) For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. (4) For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, (5) so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

In Christ we become new beings, why is that so important? Luke_5:38But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins. If we intend to be that new being, made new in Christ, it can’t just be new in wisdom, nor can it just be new in ideas, we become new beings as a worm becomes a butterfly, the old dissolves and the new is reformed, in Wisdom, strength, insight, knowledge, and most important, our Spirits. If we fail in the Spirit as the Holy Spirit is the new wine and our bodies are the wineskin, what will happen? We fall and fail in our day, we sin and we sin again, we beat up ourselves because of our sin and we fear so much. When we do this lets us understand that we have put new wine into old wineskins and our condition is not the Fathers fault but ours. Let us take the plunge, lets us test our faith daily to see if indeed we are new beings or just old wineskins claiming salvation.

Being born again is being a new being, a total new being as the old dissolves and we are reformed, or like Christ transformed into new beings in Christ. Let us not hold onto the old or any part of the old, rather lets us with open hands raised towards the heavens take on the transformation Christ intended for us. Upgrading is not an option, we must become new beings in Christ a total reformation in the Spiritual way based on the message of Christ, here is the good news, it’s never too late and you’re never too old to become a butterfly.

Blessings in Christ
T

i wonder if this is true because it implies you must work out to be saved... salvation is by grace and is free gift. so i don't know does this have biblical validity of what it means to be born again.

i believe born again is of faith alone not of works or even holiness.