• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Be not deceived, Are you a friend of God or are you a Enemy of GOD!

Loyal
The 4th chapter of the book of James: (ASV).
3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may spend it in your pleasures. 4Ye adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore would be a friend of the world maketh himself an enemy of God. 5Or think ye that the scripture speaketh in vain? “Is it worth the chance?❤️

Loyal
15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the vain glory of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:15-17) ASV.

Loyal
Answer:
15Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17And the world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God abides forever.
1 John 2:15-17 (ASV). God’s word always speaks plainly and with our patience in studying quietly with in Him, He always tell us why, “It is for your “sanctification”.❤️

Loyal
19If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20Remember the word that I said unto you, A servant is not greater than his lord. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. 21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. (John 15:19-20) ASV. “Believeth thou this”?

Loyal
4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 5They are from the world; therefore they speak asfrom the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. (1 John 4:4-6) ASV.❤️

What is meant by loving the world?
The popular ways of man which goes against Gods will.

Most of Christianity have no clue they are really of the world. They love God in the ways they decide to love Him. Not the ways He has commanded or asked in the scriptures.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

But I'm sure they would counter with, "I thought your law was nailed to the cross tho..."

Loyal
English Revised Version
And he said unto them, Ye are they that justify yourselves in the sight of men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God. (Luke 16:15) . Speaking here about the way of the world.

Ok so it is doing things for God and not for regnognition of men (e.g. Visiting the lonely, volunteering in a soup kitchen or giving away old possessions to charity)

Loyal
You have the “Holy Spirit” in you, This is the 21st century in most countries they will not kill you for having a bible or reading it. So you have these guides.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. This is all you need to do. It did not say; with some of your heart or some of your soul or some of your mind. That should keep you busy. Hang out there for awhile. You will be alright.❤️