• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Battling with a heaviness in my spirit

Hi all,

I'm just asking for prayers. I'm experiencing a spirit of heaviness. I've been going through disappointments and setbacks and a sense of God not answering my prayers. I'm at a point of feeling disheartened and struggling to sing and worship God in the way I usually enjoy singing unto the Lord.

When I read the Word for today this morning, the message particularly resonated with my situation but I felt so numb to receiving His word and have been feeling this way for the past week. I'm asking for your prayers, I'm asking Jesus to lift up my spirit. I'm asking for the Holy Sprit's presence, for Him to speak to me and bring light into the darkness that I'm experiencing.

Loyal
Don't look too much to your feelings , good or bad, for no where does scripture say we are follow our feelings to the end of the road. That is a worldly point of view equal to: "If it feels good, do it".

Rather "We walk by faith" [II Cor 5:7] and "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." [Heb 11:1]

I am praying for you.

Active
I think that we all go through times like this. Just keep your eyes on Jesus and He will deliver you through it. I said a prayer for you.

Loyal
Hi all,

I'm just asking for prayers. I'm experiencing a spirit of heaviness. I've been going through disappointments and setbacks and a sense of God not answering my prayers. I'm at a point of feeling disheartened and struggling to sing and worship God in the way I usually enjoy singing unto the Lord.

When I read the Word for today this morning, the message particularly resonated with my situation but I felt so numb to receiving His word and have been feeling this way for the past week. I'm asking for your prayers, I'm asking Jesus to lift up my spirit. I'm asking for the Holy Sprit's presence, for Him to speak to me and bring light into the darkness that I'm experiencing.

Sounds like the enemy trying to cause you to "fear" by using disappointments, and setbacks. Fear will bring "oppression" just like what you are sensing in your spirit. Take the authority you have in the name of Jesus Christ, and bind their activity against you and your family especially the spirit of fear. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you!!

Psa 9:9.. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Jas 4:7.. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Active
We can override our emotions by adhering to the promises of God---that He does hear us and answer us, even when we cannot see it in the natural. God has heard your prayer and He has already dispatched an answer. Wait. It blesses Him when we wait patiently for Him, and go on in faith knowing He has everything taken care of for us.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. I will continue praying about my situation and standing on God's promises.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. I will continue praying about my situation and standing on God's promises.

Hi friend, just a thought that God put in my mind when reading your post. It may be time to preach yourself happy with the Word of God. Find the scriptures that pertain to the promises that you feel disappointed in and preach or speak them out loud to yourself whenever you have a chance. As you meditate in the Word, your remind yourself that God is faithful, and that in His timing things will be accomplished. And Read Mark 11:22-25. If you have any aught or unforgiveness in your life repent and get back on track.

Father, thank You for my new friend. Thank You that they are Your sheep and they know Your voice. Thank You that no weapon formed against them shall prosper, and for making Yourself so very real to them. Bless them with the peace of Your presence, and fill them with Your Holy Spirit. Thank You Father that the Holy Spirit never leave us, and that You never leave us nor forsake us. Surround them with comfort. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Loyal
Hi all,

We are told in His word that WE must stir our selves up in Him. It's our Job and satan knows this and so he brings pressure against you to keep you from doing so in order to steel your Joy of ther Lord. Why ? Well that is simple for the joy of the Lord is our strength.
So regroup and cast that devil out and turn your heart towards God. The heaviness will lift and fall to the way side.
Blessings and Love in Christ
Jim

Active
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." This is a verse of Scripture that is a lot like Salvation. In order for it to work in you, you must receive it. You can find a quiet place, ask the Lord to help you, read the verse out loud, meditate on it a little to let it sink in. Something will come up to distract you, refuse to answer the distraction and return to the verse. Once you see for yourself the Peace that belongs to you, receive it out loud and the Lords Peace will come. If it doesn't, read it again out loud and receive it until you get a wave of peace....It works!

Active
Hi all, I'm just asking for prayers. I'm experiencing a spirit of heaviness. I've been going through disappointments and setbacks and a sense of God not answering my prayers. I'm at a point of feeling disheartened and struggling to sing and worship God in the way I usually enjoy singing unto the Lord.

Not to make your situation seem insignificant but I think we all going through something similar. Most of us are guilty of conditional worship. Everyone guilty of that needs pruning. We serve God not father Christmas.

Praying for you!

Active
Hi all,

I have been there---believe me! Feeling so low and set apart from the love and hand of God that I couldn't even pray, let alone worship Him in song! However, He taught me quickly---through His men and women in my life---that we need to stir ourselves up and DO IT ANYWAY! God inhabits the praises of His people, and when we push through and offer up praises to Him in song and words of praise and adoration, even when we "don't feel like it", or feel worthy to do it---he comes to meet with us right where we're at! He lifts us up as we lift Him up!

It is for us to push ourselves to do what God just LOVES!!! He promises to bless us when we bless Him in such a way. So, it is worth it to DO IT ANYWAY! when we do it even when we don;t feel it, all of a sudden He shows up and we find ourselves right smack dab in His very presence. Believe me---your heart will rise up in true adoration for the King! He will receive your praises, and humble you and bless you!