• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

baptized with water and the holy spirit

Hi All,

Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Me: So what does this mean?

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Me: Water baptism symbolizes the watery grave of Christ’s death--of his soul.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man (one already born of the flesh) be born of WATER and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 7:38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly (2836. koilia: soul) shall flow rivers of LIVING WATER. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet ______; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Strong's Greek: 2836. κοιλία (koilia) -- belly
2836. koilia5 in imitation of the Hebrew בֶּטֶן, tropically, the innermost part of a man, the soul, heart, as the seat of thought, feeling, choice (Job 15:35; Job 32:18 (the Sept. γαστήρ); Proverbs 18:8 (the Sept. ψυχή); (the Sept. σπλάγχνα); Habakkuk 3:16; Sir. 19:12 Sir. 51:21): John 7:38.

Me:
The phrase “for the Holy Ghost was not yet GIVEN” should be for the Holy Ghost was NOT YET in the Greek text. For the holy spirit was GIVEN as attested to by John and Baptist and others in the OT. These prior to Pentecost was born of the spirit but not yet baptized of the holy spirit. This was of the promise for eternal life. No one was baptized of the holy spirit from Christ’s birth to Christ’s resurrection from the dead (John 20:22).

Old Testament prophets and John the Baptist had the spirit of God in them and where born of the spirit. They were not baptized of the holy spirit until Christ had resurrected from the dead. Then they became the BEGOTTEN sons of God. John the Baptist had the holy spirit from his mother’s womb. But the Messiah was the only begotten Son of God at the time of his conception (John 3:16). This should not be confused with Christ as the first born from the dead (Rev 1:5, Heb 5:5).

Below is another example of one born of the spirit before the resurrection and glorification of Christ, i.e. before being baptized of the holy spirit?

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now

Me: So those saints that died before receiving the baptism of the holy spirit had to be so baptized before they could be saved.

Hi All,

Job 14:13
O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath (Grk 639: forbearance and crucifixion) be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 15 THOU SHALT CALL and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands
NASB Translation 639: anger (205), angry (2), angry* (5), before (2), breath (1), countenance (1), double (1), face (15), faces (4), forbearance* (1), ground (1), nose (10), noses (1), nostril (1), nostrils (13), quick-tempered* (1), snout (1), wrath (8), wrath with his anger (1).

Me: I believe forbearance and not anger is the proper definition in verse 13. Christ comes with his saints to judge the earth when he returns. Job will be with them.
John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour (me: time) is coming, and now is, when the THE DEAD SHALL HEAR THE VOICE OF THE SON OF GOD: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Me: The OT saints was baptized with the holy spirit around Pentecost after the Messiah was glorified.

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

2 Cor 6:2 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Me: They were spiritually resurrected from the dead awaiting their new bodies at Christ’s return.

New International Version

1 Cor 15:12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.

Me: There were some that were saying that the resurrection of the dead has not occurred yet.

Acts 2:29 "Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day…27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
. Acts 2:29 Interlinear: 'Men, brethren! it is permitted to speak with freedom unto you concerning the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is among us unto this day;
Most translations do not have “David is dead” like the KJV has it. David was spiritually raised mind, heart and soul from the dead by Pentecost after Christ had ascended into heaven

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Phil 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Me: Here soul means the spirit component and not the whole being.

Hi All,

1 Thes 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise (450:APPEAR) first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Strong's Greek: 450. ἀνίστημι (anistémi) -- to raise up, to rise
450. anistémi
2. to arise, APPEAR stand forth; of kings, prophets, priests, leaders of insurgents: Acts 5:36; Acts 7:18. middle, Romans 15:12; Hebrews 7:11, 15. of those about to enter into conversation or dispute with anyone, Luke 10:25; Acts 6:9; or to undertake some business, Acts 5:6; or to attempt something against others, Acts 5:17. Hence, ἀναστῆναι ἐπί τινα to rise up against anyone:

Me: I believe that the “dead in Christ” are those that have COMPLETELY died to or crucified their human nature. This occurs at their physical deaths.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear then shall ye also APPEAR with him in glory.

Me: Those who have died in Christ and have resurrected from the dead spiritually will receive their new bodies first. They will appear first. Those alive physically at Christ’s return must first die physically and then resurrected with new bodies.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once (once for all) to die , but after this the judgment:
Strong's Greek: 530. ἅπαξ (hapax) -- once
530. hapax
Usage: once, once for all.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us,…

Me: God’s church is judged now. We call upon the name of God to save us, not only at water baptism if possible but throughout our lives.

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Me:
The saints in this church age will resurrect spiritually at their deaths. Otherwise, 1 Thes 4:16 contradicts John 5:25 and 2 Cor 5:8. And John 5:25 would contradict John 5:28.

Hi All,

1 Cor 15: 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Me: 1 Cor 15:20
is addressing the firstfruits. The church is the first fruits. Christ is the head of the church. We are one with him. He is the first to rise from the dead. He is the first fruit of the firstfruits.
The church is the present small first harvest or firstfruits with Christ.

1 Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Me: I believe the church is saved and resurrected spiritually before the Messiah returns. We are the firstfuits at the order of our deaths. I believe "afterward they that are Christ's at his coming" pertain to the second the second harvest or the saving of the rest of the mankind.

Hi All,

Ezk 11:19
Then I will give them one heart (H3820), and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart (H3820) out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,

Ezk 36:26 A new heart (H3820) also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Heart (H;3820) inner man, mind, will, heart
Me:
Heart in the above scriptures correspond with belly in John 7:38 in the first post above. When we are baptized in the holy spirit we are baptized with the humanity of Christ in the holy spirit.

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Me: Before Christ was resurrected and glorified, no one went to heaven. The dead knew nothing. The minds of the spirit of the saints went back to the earth. The holy spirit went back to God.

Eccl 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Me:
The spirit of man is of the dust.

Gen 4:10
And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

Me: We follow the spirit of the flesh or the spirit of God.

Ecc; 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Eccl 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Me: The spirit of man here is the holy spirit with the humanity of the resurrected Christ in it for all those who put on Christ.

Hi All,

Ezk 11:19 Then I will give them one heart (H3820), and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart (H3820) out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,

Ezk 36:26 A new heart (H3820) also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Heart (H;3820) inner man, mind, will, heart

Me: Heart in the above scriptures correspond with belly in John 7:38 in the first post above. When we are baptized in the holy spirit we are baptized with the humanity of Christ in the holy spirit.

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Me: Before Christ was resurrected and glorified, no one went to heaven. The dead knew nothing. The minds of the spirit of the saints went back to the earth. The holy spirit went back to God.

Eccl 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the (me:holy) spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Me: For the spirit of man is of the earth. It is of the dust.

Ezk 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

Gen 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

Me: We follow the spirit of the flesh or the spirit of God.

Ecc; 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Eccl 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Me: The spirit of man is the holy spirit with the humanity of Christ in it. for all those who put on Christ. In the end, there will be only one spirit for all, the holy spirit.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ezk 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

I want to thank the moderator (editor) that did not present my last post which was really messed up. Good job

Hi All,

Active sense:
Romans 8:27
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Passive sense:
Eph 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Me: Spirit and mind always go together. Mind is of the spirit and is therefore spirit. Therefore, when we see spirit in a verse, it could very well mean the mind of the spirit. I believe the mind is unique to the individual, while the spirit is ubiquitous.

Psalm 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Matt 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven,

Me: Our heavenly Father’s mind is in heaven, yet his spirit is ubiquitous.

2 Cor 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Me: Thus, I believe it is the minds of the holy spirit that goes to heaven in Eccl 3:21 and 2 Cor 5:8. This spirit has the heart of Christ in it.

Eccl 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath (spirit).

Me: It is the minds of the earthly spirit that go down to the earth at death.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Me: There is one heavenly spirit and one earthly spirit. The saints die to the earthly spirit.

Hi All,

1 Cor 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Me: So will the whole animal kingdom be restored. There will be one spirit only—the holy spirit (Eph 4:4) with the heart of Christ in it of the seed of David.

Romans 8:19-23 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God; 20 for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and will obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now; 23 and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption (me: from) our bodies.

Phil 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Hi BORN AGAIN 2004

You: If the Holy Spirit enters your body, you are spiritually Born Again, inside or outside of water!,

Me: The holy spirit enters your mind, not your body. Water represents the holy spirit with the humanity of Christ in it. After Christ’s resurrection and glorification, we could be baptized with that spirit, not literal water. The thief on the cross was not baptized with water.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly (G2836: soul or inner man) shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet ______because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Me: Click on the link below
John 7:39 Interlinear: and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive; for not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Also click on the link below to see what the definition of belly represents in John 7:38

Hi BORN AGAIN 2004

You:
If the Holy Spirit enters your body, you are spiritually Born Again, inside or outside of water!,

Me: The holy spirit enters your mind, not your body. Water represents the holy spirit with the humanity of Christ in it. After Christ’s resurrection and glorification, we could be baptized with that spirit, not literal water. The thief on the cross was not baptized with water.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly (G2836: soul or inner man) shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet ______because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Me: Click on the link below

John 7:39 Interlinear: and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive; for not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Also click on the link below to see what the definition of belly represents in John 7:38

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, (G1909 eph G3739 ho: on the basis of which) all have sinned:

Romans 5:12 Interlinear: because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;

Psalm 51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Me: Look at Romans 5:12 carefully. Sin entered the world because of one man, Adam’s transgression. So how can Rom 5:12 b say it is our transgressions that brings on sin. Death which is the opposite of life brings on transgression. Abundant life brings on righteousness. It is true that Christians do sin after they are born of the holy spirit. But they have already crucified the flesh. And yes, from that point on sin is attributable completely to them and not Adam's transgression.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: (heart)..24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Active
Symantecs
OK , mind. In this physical world the "mind" is the body. Nothing wrong with Water Baptism, you definitely can be Born Again during this process. But Man's involvement will be required..
In God's realm, Man's work is not a requirement.

Hi Born Again 2004

You: Ok, mind. In this physical world the “mind’ is the body.

Me: Disagree; the mind is of the spirit. Yes, the spirit of this world is of the physical elements, but it is not the body.

Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living (5315. nephesh:
being).

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead

You: Nothing wrong with Water Baptism.

Me: Agree

You: Water Baptism, you definitely can be Born Again during this process.

Me: You can, but water baptism is only symbolic of the baptism of the spirit. It is calling upon God to save you.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Me: But you must bring fruits of repentance to the table.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Matt 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

Hi All,

Gen 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Me:
What died was their spirit minds capable of receiving the holy spirit.

Matt 8:22
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Me:
This is the dead in their spirit minds, alive in their physical bodies and carnal minds.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:..6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Me: Christians have two spirits—the holy spirit and the spirit of the flesh. We thus have two minds. We can follow one spirit unto life and the other to death.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Me: The world has one spirit—the spirit of the flesh. The spirit of the flesh gives life to the flesh of our present bodies.

Hi All,

2 Cor 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Luke 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. 38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Me: The holy spirit will give life to our new bodies reserved in heaven for us. Our old bodies are not changed.

1 Cor 15:51
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (G2837), but we shall all be changed (G236),

G236:
…to exchange one thing for another
: τί ἐν τίνι, Romans 1:23 (בְּ הֵמִיר Psalm 105:20 (); the Greeks say ἀλλάσσειν τί τίνος (cf. Winers Grammar, 206 (194), 388 (363) Vaughan on Romans, the passage cited)), to transform: 1 Corinthians 15:51; Hebrews 1:12. (Compare: ἀπαλλάσσω, διαλλάσσω, καταλλάσσω, ἀποκαταλλάσσω, μεταλλάσσω, συναλλάσσω.)

G 2837 metaphorically, to still, calm, quiet,

Rev 6:9
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest (G373) yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

G373 Definition: to give rest, give intermission from labor, by implication refresh

Usage: I make to rest, give rest to; mid. and pass: I rest, take my ease.

Me:
There is nothing about death here. The definition of G373 is rest or take one’s ease and thus the correct definition for in 1 Cor 15:51 for G2837 must be rest and not death. We shall be change with new bodies, not our bodies will change. . We will exchange the old for the new .

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption (Me: Romans 7:24-- “from”) our body.

Active
Hi Born Again 2004

You: Ok, mind. In this physical world the “mind’ is the body.

Me: Disagree; the mind is of the spirit. Yes, the spirit of this world is of the physical elements, but it is not the body.

Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living (5315. nephesh:
being).

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead

You: Nothing wrong with Water Baptism.

Me: Agree

You: Water Baptism, you definitely can be Born Again during this process.

Me: You can, but water baptism is only symbolic of the baptism of the spirit. It is calling upon God to save you.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Me: But you must bring fruits of repentance to the table.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven
Mind, Body or Soul...
Better have the Holy Spirit inside you somewhere before you die!

Hi Born Again 2004

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Hi All,

God expresses himself wholly in Christ.

Col 2:8 (NASB)…rather than according to Christ. 9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Isa 43:11 (NASB) I, even I, am the Lord, And there is no savior besides Me.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the MIND OF THE SPIRIT because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Me: The mind of the spirit is the mind of the holy spirit which is the mind of God. The human mind in that same spirit is of the son of man. Notice “Spirit itself maketh intercession for us”. Together, they are one mind. Who is in that spirit?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Me: It is the human mind of Christ. God in the OT expressed himself in in theophanies and christophanies. His presence was in them. Thus they were holy and God. No one has heard or seen God at any time except through the Word of God.
The Ultimate Theophany

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made…14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Me: Christ became the only spiritual son of God as a human at that time.