• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Banned From Live Chat

Active

RJ

I was recently on live chat like normal and in a conversation with another.

In the middle of our chat, I recieved a message that I was being banned from LIve Chat for profanity!

I never do that on TJ, much less on Live Chat. I have tried to contact the Adminstrator to petition my case but, I get no answer.

I am wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what did they do?

Active
Yes, a few days ago everything was as usual, but then today after I signed in I noticed the display above the chat space saying "fobidden chat". I also don´t understand this.

I was recently on live chat like normal and in a conversation with another.

In the middle of our chat, I recieved a message that I was being banned from LIve Chat for profanity!

I never do that on TJ, much less on Live Chat. I have tried to contact the Adminstrator to petition my case but, I get no answer.

I am wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and what did they do?

The software picks up some words that we are not aware of RJ. I know you would not have spoken badly.

Yes, a few days ago everything was as usual, but then today after I signed in I noticed the display above the chat space saying "fobidden chat". I also don´t understand this.

I suspect a hack attack. Not certain though.

Things like ht tp, j pg, and words that could be construed as blasphemy such as g double-e z can often result in a kickban. Generally the kickban will be for around 15 minutes, during which time you can still access the forums. After 15 - 20 minutes click on the chat again and you should be let back in. Generally you will get one warning before you receive the kickban. It is an automated system.

What is happening today has has nothing to do with a kickban. It's just a 404 error or the like. If you click on the chat icon you can enter the chat as normal. Just ignore the "FORBIDDEN".

Things like ht tp, j pg, and words that could be construed as blasphemy such as g double-e z can often result in a kickban. Generally the kickban will be for around 15 minutes, during which time you can still access the forums. After 15 - 20 minutes click on the chat again and you should be let back in. Generally you will get one warning before you receive the kickban. It is an automated system.

What is happening today has has nothing to do with a kickban. It's just a 404 error or the like. If you click on the chat icon you can enter the chat as normal. Just ignore the "FORBIDDEN".

Ah. I tried to use the NAME "****" in chat once and it said "DO not use that "word" You will be kicked for profanity" or something like that. It's best not to trust the software with the ability to ban someone sometimes.

I am not allowed to start a blog.

I read that I am now allowed to start a blog. I asked why? I was asked to quote what the message said. frankly I tried to find the same notice and could not find it again, until tonight. I am not sure I want to satart a blog not.

sometimes would just rather find something that I feel the Lord directing me to.

I am on a Bible Study Forum (not the real name) and there are such narrow people who choose to block your post because it is to liberal. I support women in ministry. I think I am the only male in the forum that does. Well I get slamed everytime I suggest women should be allowed to teach a man. Those men believe women are to be quiet in church! Oh my, Sometimes I wonder what kind of women these guys married, how can their wives live in such restricted lives?

Oh well God loves us one and all.

I was previously banned for questioning musical tastes. Specifically heavy metal, and why it is considered to be such a wrong, evil genre of music.

Administrator
Staff Member
I was previously banned for questioning musical tastes. Specifically heavy metal, and why it is considered to be such a wrong, evil genre of music.

This is not a place to make comments like this. Respect the community. You asked me for help today via private chat. This is not a respectful reply, nor does it do any good.

Active
I am not allowed to start a blog.

I read that I am now allowed to start a blog. I asked why? I was asked to quote what the message said. frankly I tried to find the same notice and could not find it again, until tonight. I am not sure I want to satart a blog not.

sometimes would just rather find something that I feel the Lord directing me to.

I am on a Bible Study Forum (not the real name) and there are such narrow people who choose to block your post because it is to liberal. I support women in ministry. I think I am the only male in the forum that does. Well I get slamed everytime I suggest women should be allowed to teach a man. Those men believe women are to be quiet in church! Oh my, Sometimes I wonder what kind of women these guys married, how can their wives live in such restricted lives?

Oh well God loves us one and all.

You do not believe the bible? Jesus held the authority of scripture above even His own, refusing to respond to satan except by quoting scripture! "man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God". IT IS WRITTEN!!!!!!!!! :)

So, tell me, what do you think of these passages:

"The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says" 1 Corinthians 14:34

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet." 1 Timothy 2:12

Well, the vast majority of heavy metal music has lyrics and messages that are explicity satanic. so that's a start. Secondly, while it is very possible to for a good intentioned Christian to put God-honoring lyrics to heavy metal music; that does not necessarily mean that it is ok. We must remember that we are to "Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:22). What does heavy metal music sound like? Its sounds evil. Not because the sound itself is necessarily evil, but it is undeniable that the sound itself sounds evil and appears evil. So that alone should be enough for you.

Staff Member
Greetings,

You do not believe the bible? Jesus held the authority of scripture above even His own, refusing to respond to satan except by quoting scripture! "man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God". IT IS WRITTEN!!!!!!!!! :)

So, tell me, what do you think of these passages:

"The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says" 1 Corinthians 14:34
"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet." 1 Timothy 2:12
-----------------------------------
Well, the vast majority of heavy metal music has lyrics and messages that are explicity satanic. so that's a start. Secondly, while it is very possible to for a good intentioned Christian to put God-honoring lyrics to heavy metal music; that does not necessarily mean that it is ok. We must remember that we are to "Abstain from all appearance of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:22). What does heavy metal music sound like? Its sounds evil. Not because the sound itself is necessarily evil, but it is undeniable that the sound itself sounds evil and appears evil. So that alone should be enough for you.

@TaylorDonBarret
thanks for your input. However, this is Support Forum. Please feel free to write elsewhere about these things and start any follow-up with those members you have quoted and replied to here.

Bless you ....><>