Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

athiest seeks help...

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by slayer, Jun 16, 2011.

1. The name of your post is "atheist seeks help"

But, you reject the Bible, you reject God and Jesus. What do you need help with? Why are you here? If you want to be an atheist, why are you seeking Christian help?

2. Have you given up on me already? I'm here to see if I can be convinced that I should be a christian. belive me or not, I was once a jesus follower, I was the only one in my family that wasn't athiest. If you can convince me to come back wouldn't that be a good thing? just because it's not going to be easy, doesn't mean you should give up. isn't that the point? the ones who are allready christian don't need saving. anyway, I'm off for the weekend. please don't hate me because I certainly don't hate you. I actually admire your tolerance for me. most christians would ignore me.

3. #23 jari, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

This is about the fact "they" were God's chosen people a nation, israel. And they had strict rules to keep the nation Godly. Now if some one was to forsake God that couldnt be allowed but also it was very unreasonable to forsake God consider all the good things God had already done to them and the promises God had given.
    Why would they decide to reject God? and seek for other gods? this was foolishness... and hence it makes sense to held them accountible for such decision and not they would only go after other gods them self but ask others to join them and leave the only Living God. Other god's are false. they are just considered gods but infact are not but demons are behind them.
    Since this kinda absurd behaviour couldnt be allowed the law would have to be excuted to protect the others to end up in same peril by the rule of "Remove Evil among you".

Later on when Jesus died, i believe the bible lets us understand that these people actually had change to repent and believe in Jesus as their forgiver and get to heaven.

And its important to notice that this rule and law was only for the israel. its not for christians. As we christians have very different road to God than the jews had. To them this rule was reasonable and breaking it foolishness. But today and to us, not so, as God had not convinced us of His goodness and shown miracles and chosen us to be His chosen people before we came to Christ. even still after becoming a christian and leaving God this rule doesnt ably to you because it was only for Israel.

4. hi Slayer, You are far from hated or even disliked!! You stated as far as you know you have not sinned in the past few days.really?? Did you pray?? If you did not pray then you sinned!! How about that!! LOl want proff?? amen always!!

Please read 1 Samuel 12:23!! Take heart!! not picking on you!! Let me ask you something,what would it take for you to return?? Do you need a terrible act to happen to you like Pharaoh? what do you require to know Jesus is alive? Please let me know. You say it, and I will pray for it for you!!

But please be very careful in your words,remember what happened to Pharaoh when he tested God!! But hey!! we love you here bro!! We do not play here,we are serious, not only of what we believe,but also bro why we believe it!! We have many here who can and do hear from Jesus. I am for you!! May you find what you seek!! Matt 7:7 amen.

5. Howdy Slayer.

I noticed your from a land down under. You and I know what a great land that is. I wonder whether you follow league by any chance?

Noticed you said that you were an athiest. So you do not believe in God, i will not ask how you arrived at that position. Untenable position as far as i am concerned, no evidence to support it.

Just wondering whether you have done any research on the Bible itself?

Are you aware of the messianic prophecies?

Any research on the New Testament?

6. Ithis might help u :)

My friend I too am sinming in a same boat, am a Bible scholar and preacher, did so much study on believes and faith and came to the conclusion that as much deep u go that much confused u'll get! :) It happened with me too. For safety sake plz meet any of the wise priest or councellor who has the knowledeg of both SCIENC and RELEGION.....

hope this helps u take care :)

7. My friend plz dnt scold anyone. U'll never realise untill u face such TEMPTATIONS! so plz b kind, he is helpless, drowning in the ocean of confusion and temptation so plz help him if u can n if cant plz dnt tie a big stone around his neck. We are here to HELP and not to CONDEMNED! :)

GOD BLESSS :)

8. Hey guys I'm back. sorry I took so long, or not long enough whatever. I'm a bit busy for a while but I'll try to get back when I can, unless y'all want me to go. to answer some of your questions, The main reason I became an athiest is I started questioning the motives behind the bible. We all agree it was written by men yeah? it is true that it calls for violence, even though I quoted the old testament, it's still in the bible and even though it was only meant for Israel, it still calls for brutal death. doesn't that set off alarm bells in your head? a man calling for death in the name of god, and it's in the bible. that's a fact. someone here (can't remember who) said all men have evil in them (or something along those lines). By that logic, how can you trust the word of man? Especially when he calls for death? New or Old testament is irrelivent death is death. So to put it simply. the bible was written by men, and I don't trust them. look at the catholic church, do you honestly think that's what jesus had in mind? how can you see that blatent corruption and still think they are holy people? If that corruption exists today then there's a pretty good chance that it existed when they wrote the book. Even when I was a christian back when I was a child, it was still evident that something was wrong with the message in that book. Why would God punish people so harshly even though they were good honest people? Just because they chose not to worship him? What kind of God is that? When you're whole family has faith that's no problem, but if you're the only one, then you're going to lose the people you love even though you believe. That's still punishment in my book. Punishment for no sin.

Woops, sorry for the long post my freinds, I think I'll leave it at that for a while. The last thing i'll add is this: If you truly believe in the bible, what can it hurt to ask a few simple questions? This is your life we're talking about, if you're wrong, you've wasted the only life that you get, all for a book written by men.

see you next time. slayer (mick is my real name)

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)