• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Ask yourself How do you get 3 Days and 3 Nights from "Good Friday" to Sunday? Also Eggs and bunnies?

Loyal
All praises to FATHER AHAYAH YASHAYAH WA RAACH!

Sue D and Bendito,
It's not me you are disaagreeing with!

It's the WORD you disagree with.

I only showed scriptures that prove HIS appearance:

I did nothing out of malice.

Revelation 1:13-15 [13]And in the midst of the seuen candlestickes, one like vnto the Sonne of man, clothed with a garment downe to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. [14]His head, and his haires were white like wooll as white as snow, and his eyes were as a flame of fire, [15]And his feet like vnto fine brasse, as if they burned in a furnace: and his voice as the sound of many waters

When I thought CHRIST was white I accepted HIM as I was taught but found out through scriptures that that was NOT true but a lie!

And I BELIEVE EVERY WORD of the BIBLE!

The evil one is still deceiving the whole world with that color lie.

I posted scriptures of the word!

Blessings!
What color lie?

I am a Hebrew Israelite of the Children of Israel!

I've had conversation's with those whom you refer to.

They have foul mouths and are Not baptized as I learned from conversing with them.

So no I am not one of them!

Blessings!

Loyal

I am a Hebrew Israelite of the Children of Israel!

I've had conversation's with those whom you refer to.

They have foul mouths and are Not baptized as I learned from conversing with them.

So no I am not one of them!

Blessings!
Well its nice to know you don't have a foul mouth...They don't practice baptism...They do have mikvah..

Loyal
Lacawar -- Jesus Christ was Jewish -- somewhat darker than caucasions -- but definitely not Black. Nothing wrong with black or any other color of people.

God created the Jewish race to bring the line of Christ through. Why -- because God Is boss. And salvation is possible through Jesus Christ and His shed blood on the cross for mankind.
'mankind' is being given the chance to be saved From eternal life in the lake of fire and brimstone and TO eternal life in the future New Jerusalem. Which is how 'we' refer to heaven these days.

No one can visually tell if a person has been baptized -- unless the person has just been immersed and is still wet. And it Is too bad when people use foul language. No reason for either believers or non-believers to use foul language. And a person who Has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior should not be using bad language. their lives should be reflecting Jesus Christ.

oldhermit,

What is your point with regard to the lack of the third night that the Messiah said He would be in the "heart of the earth"? Why do you suppose He said that a third night would be involved?

The point is that according to the gospel accounts, Jesus did not spend three days and three nights in the tomb. This leaves us to ask what he meant by "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." What else could this phrase possibly mean? It apparently did not mean he would be in the grave for that period of time.

Staff Member
Greetings,

the following may be of help and/or interest

Three Days and Three Nights

"...they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it,
but the sign of Jonah the prophet.
" (Luke 11:29)

Bible scholars have tried for centuries to figure out what Jesus meant about the sign of Jonah. God now gives this as a sign that you would know I tell you the truth: America, if we turn our backs on Him, He will turn His back on us. And yet, His desire is for the unbeliever, seek God and live.

THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS
IN THE BELLY OF THE WHALE
by Jen Shroder
See FREE reproduction policy also SIMPLIFIED VERSION

Because I have made bold statements of faith, a group of atheists challenged me about what Jesus said:

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Mt 12:40)​

It was the atheist's contention that according to the Bible, Jesus did not spend three days and three nights in the "heart of the earth" (or "tomb" as they saw it).

I know there are many long scholarly explanations about this, but none of them seemed right, so I asked God if He would explain it to me in His word. No sooner had I asked than I heard that small voice say, "It began before He was crucified."

What I have written is what I found when I sought confirmation in the Bible. Since this "debate" with 10-14 atheists, three atheists have contacted me to talk more about God, two have asked for prayer to believe, and the remaining seriously plotted to kill me.

The Sign:

Was this sign to mean Jesus would die and rise after three days and three nights sealed in a tomb? Lazarus had just risen from death in a tomb after FOUR days and the Pharisees who wanted a sign were very aware of it. Did Jesus mean to repeat this miracle, for fewer days, and offer it as a sign? No, the sign was much more than rising from the dead after three days and nights. The sign was to immerse Himself in our sins, separated from God as Jonah prophesied, where God would not hear at first for he was cast "out of thy sight." Jesus paid for our sins with suffering, death and on the third day rose again. Even Jonah's prayer says God heard him cry "by reason of mine affliction." (Jonah 2)

The Scripture:

"...so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Mt 12:40)​

The Bible shows us that the "whale's belly" or the "heart of the earth" began for Jesus on the night He was betrayed, immediately after He performed His last healing miracle, when He was "delivered into the hands of men" and became sin:

"For He has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor 5:21)​

Jesus was separated from God and immersed in our sin on the night He was betrayed. Something far more shocking to His being than physical death, the first time in all eternity that Jesus was separated from the Father. I can show you the Scriptures. Please hear me out…

Scriptures repeatedly show the "earth" to be man's heart, which the Bible says is exceedingly wicked. (proof of this later). As Scriptures indicate, Jesus became sin on the night He was betrayed, included suffering, the crucifixion, death and resurrection, totaling three days and three nights.

Jesus, as the sacrificial lamb, was without blemish on the night He was betrayed:

"[We were redeemed]… with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." (1 Peter 1:19)​

Of course this refers to Jesus being sinless, yet the lamb was to be perfect in every way. The precious blood could not flow or be wasted before the sacrifice began. The blood began to flow on the night He was betrayed.

"He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace [prosperity, welfare] was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5)​

If the sign that Jesus gave was completed only by His death, time in the grave and resurrection, how was payment made earlier when He was wounded, bruised and given stripes (scourged)? Was He beaten and bleeding before He became sin? Were the bruises and bleeding for nothing? No! Was the Lamb delivered for the sacrifice already bloodied and torn? No!

"He was wounded for our transgressions..." (Isaiah 53:5)

"He has made Him to be sin for us...that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."
(2 Cor 5:21)​

Christ had to become sin before payment could begin or the blood would be wasted. The chastisement "was upon Him." The miracle of Christ's redemption began on Thursday night when Christ became sin, the night He was betrayed, immersed in our sins and delivered unto man. Before the first drop of His precious blood, Jesus suffered far more than physical death, He became sin which separated Him from His Father, in the heart of the earth, in the belly of the whale..

Verses that show sin separates us from God:

"But your iniquities have separated
you from your God,
and your sins have hidden His face from you, that He will not hear."
(Isaiah 59:2)​

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me."
(Psalm 66:18)​

Scripture Confirms the Sequence:

I did a computer check and found a total of 12 scripture verses that contained the "three days" or "third day" time frame. EVERY SINGLE ONE began the sequence by starting with the betrayal or suffering. It was never left out.

Understand this. Not once was what happened on "the night He was betrayed" omitted when the three day sequence was outlined in the Gospels and Acts, not once. 12 out of 12 times a witness came up to bat and laid out the sequence beginning Thursday night, described as either the night He was delivered into the hands of men or the brutality He went through referencing that time. (below are three, see all twelve verses at end of this message)

1. "Saying, the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day." (Luke 9:22)

2. "Jesus said unto them, the Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of man; and they shall kill Him, and the third day He shall be raised again." (Matthew 17:22)

3. "and they shall mock Him, and shall scourge Him, and shall spit upon Him, and shall kill Him, and the third day He shall rise again." (Mark 10:34) (Link to all 12 Scriptures)

NO WHERE does it only say, "The Son of man must die and the third day rise again" without listing the full sequence, including suffering. (there is one scripture which is a quote of what the Pharisees said, but of course, they had it wrong.)

"The Heart of the Earth"

Many have assumed this indicates Jesus in the tomb. Yet, there are countless Scriptures that indicate "earth" is the heart of man, which the Bible says is exceedingly wicked. Thus when Jesus became sin, He was in the "heart of the earth."

Jesus Himself used "earth" many times when He referred to man's heart. The "four soils" parable (originally "earth" in Scripture, Greek and KJV) confirms that earth is used to describe the heart of man. The importance of this is exemplified, for when the disciples asked Jesus to explain the parable, He said,

"Know you not this parable? How then will you know all parables?" (Mk 4:13)​

Jesus then explains that the seed that was sown in the earth is "the word that was sown in their hearts." (Mark 4:15)

The "faith of a mustard seed" parable is also planted in the earth and the earth signifies man's heart; and the talents were also "hidden in the earth" by the lazy servant. Suddenly so many other verses that include the earth make sense to me. The treasure hidden in a field, etc. are all about man's heart.

Additionally, 1 Cor 15:47 says,

"The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven." (speaking of Adam and Jesus)​

Jesus entered the "heart of the earth" or the "heart of man" as the parables often point out, when He fulfilled prophesy and BECAME SIN.

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thought of his heart was only evil continually..." (Genesis 6:5-12)

"But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are like filthy rags." (Isaiah 64:6)​

There are dozens of Scriptures that depict mankind as the "earth" expressing emotions and reactions as men's hearts.

Even the original Greek word in the Scripture for "heart" is kardia:

kardia; prol. from a primary (Lat. cor, "heart); the heart, i.e. (fig) the thoughts or feelings (mind). [Strongs Exhaustive Conc.]​

An Interesting Twist: The Man in Linen
Mark 14:50 says that when the soldiers took Jesus,

"They [His followers] all forsook Him and fled. And there followed Him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: and he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked."​

Ever wonder about that verse?...

Revelation 19:8 says

"linen is the righteousness of saints."​

Again, 2 Cor 5:21 says

"for He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."​

The righteousness of the saints, the linen, was left by this spiritual being as men [soldiers] took hold of him, and he fled naked as Jesus was arrested. When Adam sinned and ate the fruit,

"he knew that he was naked and hid from God among the trees of the garden (Genesis 3:7-8)​

When Adam sinned and when Jesus became sin, both times righteousness was removed, nakedness was revealed, somebody fled and hid. I don't know who this "spiritual being" was as it is controversial in Daniel 10:5 as well.

Adam sinned and thus the fall. Jesus was the second Adam who became sin and bought us back by His blood. When this event happened, Jesus was delivered into the hands of men and was beaten, bruised and scourged. He bled the precious blood to redeem us. It was the lamb's blood that was painted on the doorposts in Egypt at Passover,

"He was wounded for our transgressions".​

Jesus delivered Himself into the hands of men, without blemish, while a spiritual being wearing linen followed. (I think this was Melchizedek but I'm not a scholar). The linen was left by this spiritual being as men took hold of him. Jesus became sin and the "righteousness of the saints" (which we have only in Christ) was removed… the linen was left, the precious blood began to flow, payment had begun; and Jesus, separated from God because He became sin, was in the "heart of the earth," the belly of the whale.

I believe this "certain man," was the spiritual being that Daniel described in Daniel 10:5, "Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked and behold a certain man clothed in linen…" compares to a certain young man, having a linen cloth…SAME description. This spiritual being was wearing linen.

The Prophetic Prayer of Jonah shows the sequence of Jesus in "the heart of man."

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth" (Mt 12:40)​

Jonah's prayer begins in the "belly of the whale" to which Jesus compared his fate. It was not only Jesus' time in death, but becoming sin and separated from God (hell) which Jesus bore beginning Thursday night with immediate bleeding and beatings. Jonah said:

"I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and He heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about, all thy billows and waves passed over me. I have been cast out of Your sight; Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple..."​

"Billows and waves" passed over Jonah. I wonder if the poundings suffered by Jesus began to feel like far away billows (breakers) and waves as He clung on to consciousness.

The verse indicates separation and suffering. At this point Jesus was separated from God, became sin and beaten. Imagine how that must have felt, no other place in time in ALL ETERNITY had Jesus EVER been separated from His Father! What a shock to His system! No wonder He sweat blood as the hour drew near.

Jonah's prayer continues:

"The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. [as the linen cloths in burial, death] I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: (Jonah 2:2-6a)​

Notice Jonah begins this ordeal already in "hell" (as Jesus became immersed in man's sin) then halfway through his prayer, Jonah arrived in Sheol, (death) going down below the mountains just as Sheol is described in Deut. 32:22. Being in the "heart of the earth" (hell) was to be apart from God, made sin, wounded, along with the crucifixion and THEN he goes down to the bottom of the mountains, after spending time being cast out and billowed by waves. This describes Jesus being separated from God, delivered, beaten and suffering all "in the belly of the whale" and then going down yet further to the depths (death) just as Jonah did.

Notice Jonah, too, was cast out of God's sight, separated from God, just as Jesus was when He became sin. If Jesus compared His experience to Jonah's, and Jonah was cast from God's sight in the FIRST half of Jonah's descent, how did that relate to where Jesus was?

Understand this, Jonah was being afflicted but he had already been cast from God's sight. Jesus was being beaten but He was already cast from God. How? Why? Because He had BECOME SIN, He was immersed in the wickedness of man's heart, the heart of the earth. The grave or the tomb could not separate Jesus from God, only sin would.

"Where can I go
from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol [death, hell], behold, You are there."
(Psalm 139:7,8)​

The grave, death, not even hell separate us from God, only sin does. Only immersed in sin (the heart of man) could put Jesus in the belly of the whale. And THAT is why He sweat blood; not during torture, not standing before Pilate, not facing the cross, but on the night He faced the hour of separation from the Father. The night His righteousness was removed and He BECAME SIN. It was the night He was betrayed, exactly three days and three nights before He rose again.

Other Bible Puzzle Pieces that Fit:

Jesus made statements that indicated the transition. On the night He was betrayed, the very words after healing the servant's ear, Jesus said to those arresting Him:

"But this is your hour, and the power of darkness" (Luke 22:53)​

After Jesus was betrayed, He said very little. I believe Jesus did not speak in God's authority from that time on, as His relationship with God had been severed. Jesus DID say,

"but now My kingdom is not from here." (John 18:36)​

Before Jesus was arrested, He said,

"For I have given [past tense] unto them the words which You have given to Me." (John 17:8)​

I believe Jesus was so quiet from the point of His arrest because He did not have the words of the Father once He became sin, the relationship, the communication had been broken.

Few words were spoken by Jesus after His arrest, yet the Scriptures stating Jesus would say nothing were completely fulfilled because Pilate realized that only Herod had jurisdiction over the situation. In front of Herod, where it mattered, Jesus would not say a single word, not one, and the Scriptures remain completely fulfilled:

"Then he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing. And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused Him."
(Luke 23)​

His last miracle aside from the cross was the healing of an ear when He was arrested, seconds before the "certain young man in linen" appeared and Jesus was "officially" betrayed, actually made sin, actually in the heart of the earth/belly of the whale.

God's Purpose:

One of the atheists demanded, "Why would God reveal this to YOU rather than all these scholars, after all these years?"

Because I'm some great holy prophet that can hear from God? ...NOT! My confessions are all over this website, so many that it's hard to know my family and friends can read them. There is sincerely no one less worthy than me. But I asked on behalf of the lost, and God's desire is for the lost, He will leave the 99 for a single lost soul. It is God's love reaching out to those who reject Him still, though they mock and hate me for showing them.

Jesus said that no sign would be given except the sign of Jonah...

"This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" (Luke 11:29)​

I find it remarkable that these lost souls, some of them so full of hate toward me that they sought to kill me, are so precious to God that He went to such lengths to give them the only sign that He said would be given: the sign of Jonah. God will not break His word, yet He provided for them this sign, the very one they chose to challenge my faith, the sign of the prophet Jonah.

This is what I was trying to get people to think about. "Three days and three nights" carries the same meaning as "into the hands of men." It was three days and three night from the time Jesus was betrayed until he arose on the first day of the week. This follows exactly the pattern of the Passover, the feast of unleavened bread, and the feast of first fruits. This means he was arrested, crucified, and died on Friday, was resting in the tomb on the Sabbath, and rose the next morning on the first day of the week.

Ask Yourself How do you get 3 Days and 3 Nights from "Good Friday" to Sunday?
Also Eggs and bunnies?
If Jesus was to be in the grave three days and nights, how do we fit those between Good Friday and Easter Sunday?

Get hope and encouragement as you learn the answers to the common questions asked by atheists and other skeptics.
Find Out More

[Editor’s note: This article was taken, with slight modification, from The New Answers Book 2.]
If Jesus was to be in the grave three days and nights, how do we fit those between Good Friday and Easter Sunday?
There are several solutions to this problem. Some have suggested that a special Sabbath might have occurred, so that Jesus was actually crucified on a Thursday. However, a solution, which seems to me to be more convincing, is that Jesus was indeed crucified on a Friday but that the Jewish method of counting days was not the same as ours.
In Esther 4:16, we find Esther exhorting Mordecai to persuade the Jews to fast. “Neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day” (NKJV). This was clearly in preparation for her highly risky attempt to see the king. Yet just two verses later, in Esther 5:1, we read: “Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace.” If three days and nights were counted in the same way as we count them today, then Esther could not have seen the king until the fourth day. This is completely analogous to the situation with Jesus’s crucifixion and resurrection.
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth (Matthew 12:40; NKJV).​
Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb (Matthew 28:1; NKJV).​
Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again’” (Luke 24:5–7; NKJV).​
If the

What color lie?
If we understand that all scripture is God-breathed,2 Peter 1:20-21; then we, as created beings created in God's image, we would do no better than to re-read scripture. As a rule of thumb: Read and reread scripture from Gen-to-Reve. once for every year you are alive and you will find a greater perspective and gain a better understanding of the scriptures than you had before.

Loyal
Regarding the comparison of Jesus Christ being in the heart of the earth the three days and three nights -- just as Jonah had been in the belly of the great fish that period of time. Both instances are considered by many to have never actually happened. But both situations DID happen. And in the time period indicated in Scripture.

It's incredible as to how many people want to take away the existence of God And that of Him providing an eternal Savior for all of us.
Mankind seems to think that 'we' can save ourselves?! One of satan's Biggest lies to all of us. Then again, satan wants LOTS of company in the eternal lake of fire and brimstone.

here are some legitimate sites to check out.
God Will Guide Your Steps in this Life

God Will Guide Your Steps​
"Never Saved": How Christians misuse Matthew 7:21-23 - Bible Knowledge

“Never Saved”: How Christians misuse Matthew 7:21-23​
As in the Days of Noah and Lot - End Times

Like the Days of Noah and Lot

Couple these pages above with the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, it’s a sobering thought to ponder. It is also interesting to see the workings of Satan and his emissaries performing their functions all around us. And in Luke 16:19-30 gives us a picture of what hell will be like for those who do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Looking at Matthew 22:13 says they "will be cast into outer darkness, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth". And in Matthew 25:46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous nto eternal life." Believing in Jesus Christ with all your body, mind, and soul is essential.

How is the date for Easter determined? (from www.gotquestions.org)
Question: "How is the date for Easter determined?"

Answer: The four Gospels make it clear that Jesus was crucified in conjunction with the Jewish Passover (Matthew 26:17-19; Mark 14:12-16; Luke 22:7-15; John 18:28,39; 19:14). The four Gospels also make it clear that Jesus was raised from the dead three days later, on the first day of the week (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1,19). Biblically speaking, then, Christ’s resurrection should be celebrated on the first Sunday after the Jewish Passover meal. However, this is not the case. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox (March 21 in 2008, the first day of spring). This method of determining the date of Easter often results in Easter being before Passover and/or displaced far from Passover. Easter can potentially be observed anywhere between March 22 and April 25.

In church history, there was a significant amount of debate that went into determining when Easter would be observed. As a background, please read our article on the origins of Easter. Dating Easter in conjunction with the vernal equinox and full moon had nothing to do with the biblical account of Christ’s resurrection or the Passover. It was pagan practices, such as the spring fertility goddess rituals that the Catholic Church “absorbed” and attempted to Christianize, that resulted in Easter's being linked to the vernal equinox and the full moon. The only thing that is biblical regarding when Easter is now observed is the fact that Easter is always on a Sunday.

The Bible does not instruct Christians to set aside a day to celebrate Christ’s resurrection. At the same time, the resurrection is most assuredly worth celebrating (1 Corinthians chapter 15). Celebration of Christ’s resurrection, then, is a matter of Christian freedom. Christians are free to celebrate the day of Christ’s resurrection and are free to refrain from celebrating. Since it is a matter of Christian freedom and not a biblical command, it would seem that there is also freedom as to precisely when the celebration of Christ’s resurrection is observed. Just as with Christmas, the exact date is not important. It is the fact that Christ was resurrected that is important. Christians are free to follow the traditional dating system for Easter, thereby observing Easter on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. At the same time, the lack of conjunction with Passover and the questionable (at best) motives for the method of scheduling Easter make it highly doubtful that Christ’s resurrection is being celebrated according to the biblical calendar.

Recommended Resource:
The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus by Gary Habermas

First, thank you for picking up on it. It’s an often overlooked detail that is too importsnt to take lightless. I can’t help much with the eggs and bunnies, (pagan, but tasty) - but I’ve got some ideas and resources that might help in tackling this riddle

First, as others have said in the consideration of the three days and three nights it’s important to recall the Jewish reckoning of time. You’ll notice in Genesis the days always begin in the evening - “And the evening and the morning were the first day. ‘ Genesis 1:5. The way this would figure into the Friday to Sunday timeline is that Friday began on Thursday night, this is where it gets very interesting.

What happens Thursday night? The Last Supper, the first night of the Passover. The lamb must be offered and eaten that night, the first night. He has already been prepared for burial. He explains to his disciples in detail what he must do. He identifies his betrayer Judas and is betrayed by him. He breaks the bread, and passes the cup.

Over the next few hours, he agonizes in the Garden, abandoned by everyone. His sweat is as blood (Luke 22:44). The parallels to the crucifixion can’t be overlooked. What of this was when his spiritual crucifixion began? This would also explain when “he was wounded in the house of his friends”(Zech.13:6). He is crucified on Friday, right on the feast day, when everyone is there, exactly when the Pharisees didn’t want it to happen (Matthew 26:5). But the uproar that happened, that they were so worried about wasn’t to save him, it was only to crucify him.

Be interested to know what you all think about this idea - does this make sense? The idea that the sacrifice began first at the table of communion with his own disciples seems to ring true to me, as somber warning, about who will be crucifying him afresh for the next 2,000 years...

Also Eggs and bunnies?

I agree with with you for Jesus to be in his tomb for three days and three night he must have been crucified on a Wednesday only that makes any sense?

Also Eggs and bunnies?
Why should we ask ourselves about the time of Jesus resurrection? For the record eggs and bunnies are non~sequitur to the Resurrection.

The Sign of Jonah (Resurrection)

Luke 23:50-56

Luke 24:1-3 "But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the Body of the Lord Jesus."

By Sunday morning Jesus was already gone from the tomb.
Jesus was put in the tomb on Wednesday, that would mean he was there the first night. Thurs-day, would be the first day, Thursday night would be the second night, Fri-day would be the second day. Friday night would be the third night. Satur-day would be the third day. Three full days, nights.

Mark 16:9 "Now after He had risen EARLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, (Sunday) He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons."

Why should we ask ourselves about the time of Jesus resurrection? For the record eggs and bunnies are non~sequitur to the Resurrection.

The Sign of Jonah (Resurrection)

Luke 23:50-56

Luke 24:1-3 "But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the Body of the Lord Jesus."

By Sunday morning Jesus was already gone from the tomb.
Jesus was put in the tomb on Wednesday, that would mean he was there the first night. Thurs-day, would be the first day, Thursday night would be the second night, Fri-day would be the second day. Friday night would be the third night. Satur-day would be the third day. Three full days, nights.

Mark 16:9 "Now after He had risen EARLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, (Sunday) He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons."

This article was taken, with slight modification, from The New Answers Book 2.]
There are several solutions to this problem. Some have suggested that a special Sabbath might have occurred, so that Jesus was actually crucified on a Thursday. However, a solution, which seems to me to be more convincing, is that Jesus was indeed crucified on a Friday but that the Jewish method of counting days was not the same as ours.
In Esther 4:16, we find Esther exhorting Mordecai to persuade the Jews to fast. “Neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day” (NKJV). This was clearly in preparation for her highly risky attempt to see the king. Yet just two verses later, in Esther 5:1, we read: “Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace.” If three days and nights were counted in the same way as we count them today, then Esther could not have seen the king until the fourth day. This is completely analogous to the situation with Jesus’s crucifixion and resurrection.
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth (Matthew 12:40; NKJV).​
Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb (Matthew 28:1; NKJV).​
Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again’” (Luke 24:5–7; NKJV).​
If the three days and nights were counted the way we count them, then Jesus would have to rise on the fourth day. But, by comparing these passages, we can see that in the minds of people in Bible times, “the third day” is equivalent to “after three days.”
In fact, the way they counted was this: part of a day would be counted as one day. The following table, reproduced from the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM) website, shows how the counting works.1
Day One Day Two Day Three FRI
starts at
sundown on
ThursdayFRI
ends at
sundownSAT
starts at
sundown on
FridaySAT
ends at
sundownSUN
starts at
sundown on
SaturdaySUN
ends at
sundownNight Day Night Day Night Day CrucifixionSabbathResurrection
This table indicates that Jesus died on Good Friday; that was day one. In total, day one includes the day and the previous night, even though Jesus died in the day. So, although only part of Friday was left, that was the first day and night to be counted. Saturday was day two. Jesus rose in the morning of the Sunday. That was day three. Thus, by Jewish counting, we have three days and nights, yet Jesus rose on the third day.
It should not be a surprise to us that a different culture used a different method of counting days. As soon as we adopt this method of counting, all the supposed biblical problems with counting the days disappear.

Previous ChapterAn Extra Cainan?Next ChapterA Righteous Lie?
Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions: Volume 1
Do you have concerns about Bible passages that have bothered you for years?
Read OnlineBuy Book
Footnotes
  1. Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry, “How Long Was Jesus Dead in the Tomb?”http://www.carm.org/diff/Matt12_40.htm.
Recommended Resources

Staff Member
@Br. Bear

Thanks brother for post#27

Strange how no consideration was given to what was written by this Sister in Christ Jesus.
Maybe the length of it, or other areas it touches upon, i.e. God turning His face away from the Son, when did Jesus actually have Sins of the World placed upon Him that He might be the Sacrifice for them? Those are but some of the obvious ones.

However, I do thank-you for sharing it. It does explain much and maybe some thoughts on this might yet be forth coming.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
The question as to exactly when Jesus Christ did take our sins upon Himself. Well --in Luke's account chapter 23: 44 "It was now about the 6th hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus Called out with a loud voice. "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When He had said this, he breathed His last."

My thought is that when the sun stopped shining and the darkness came over the whole land. That That is when Jesus Christ had our sins upon Himself and then died with them. God could not look upon sin -- turned His back on His Son for that amount of time. Miraculous events in history were taking place. The next miracle was the curtain of the temple being torn in two. The inner temple was no longer needed to enter into. Christ took that place from then on.