• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Arthur

Administrator
Staff Member
I Believe:
Arthur
North Carolina

I was in the seventh grade, and I was going through a lot of stuff. It seemed like I was constantly in trouble. I guess I believed in God before that, but we never went to church. Well, when I was young we used to go occasionally, but for the most part Sunday was a sleep-in, video game day.

My life hit rock bottom when I attempted suicide that winter. My grades were going to be bad, and I knew it was only a matter of time before my parents knew it, too, so I felt as if there was no way out -- I was stuck.

I was an inch above the bottom again in the spring of '99, and my grades hit a brand-new low. Then while watching TV I saw a commercial for "Power for Living," and I called the number and ordered the book. I read it, and after that day in detention where I was reading it, I was never the same again.

I prayed to God to forgive me for my sins and to bring Jesus into my life. After that I was so happy, I escaped all my previous problems, and God has performed many miracles in my life since then. I try to pray every night to thank God for saving me because I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for that book.

After that I caught Mr. Graham's radio broadcast of "The Hour of Decision", and I look forward to hearing him every Sunday to help me grow with Christ.

I am now 16 years old, and I have been saved for nearly five years now. I can't even imagine rejecting Christ and going back to the way I was.

Administrator
Staff Member
I do love this story. I can't believe the kid was so young when he attempted suicide. Well, may the glory of GOD be upon him in Jesus' name :)

This really touched me today because I spend lunch at high school hearing some real bad things about my son whom is 14. He has struggled with God so Im going to try and get this Book for him...Thankyou for the story