• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are you Satisfied in God or are you still wanting things, are you Living in Contentment with Jesus? Explain

Loyal
I heard many of christian women in my day, say that they fear men. I am talking about the word "FEAR". But God has said FEAR no MAN! If you fear a man. Stop lying and do not pray this Psalm anymore. and stop saying "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

"A Great Tribulation" is coming. If you fear your own husband, what are you going to do in the day of "wrath"? His Word is going to be obeyed, He is going to rule with a "IRON Scepter"

The Institutional church is not going to preach this to you. and they say they Love you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Some women are married to men who are unpredictable, abusive and dangerous. In those cases, fear is an emotion that might help guide them to safety.

Staff Member
Yet no one was speaking openly of Him for fear of the Jews.
John 7:13

Greetings,

a great may men also live in fear, some of women but many also of other men or 'man'.
It would be totally unjust to expect women to face their fears and not have AT LEAST the same expectation of men.

Could it be that due to men living fearfully, women are set an example?

You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small and the great alike. You shall not fear man, for the judgment is God’s. The case that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.’
Deuteronomy 1:17

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:8
Here, fearful is also appropriately translated 'cowardly' which sheds some light on this thread,

Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned; I have indeed transgressed the command of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and listened to their voice.
1Samuel 15:24

Bless you ....><>

Active
I heard many of christian women in my day, say that they fear men. I am talking about the word "FEAR". But God has said FEAR no MAN! If you fear a man. Stop lying and do not pray this Psalm anymore. and stop saying "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

"A Great Tribulation" is coming. If you fear your own husband, what are you going to do in the day of "wrath"? His Word is going to be obeyed, He is going to rule with a "IRON Scepter"

The Institutional church is not going to preach this to you. and they say they Love you.

Oh dear Plough Boy, I'm not sure I'm with you on this one. In reality there are way way too many sisters in Christ married to a brother in Christ who live in constant fear and dread of their next inevitable beating; sporting bruising and scars from previous attacks, quite genuinely in fear for their lives and in some cases the safety and wellbeing of their kids. Given an awful, dreadful situation like that, I think 23rd Psalm is really quite appropriate and I'm sure a great comfort. So if you hear a minister preaching that this Psalm does not apply to wives in violent marriages, I'd have a quiet word in his or her shell like after the service.

Another comfort is the fact that when the great tribulation happens they'll already have been scooped up -

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:16‭-‬18 NIV

I'm guessing that in reality though, they have more immediate concerns.

Staff Member
Greetings Andy,

If i may offer a 'correction' to your words?

In reality there are way way too many sisters in Christ married to a brother in Christ who live in constant fear and dread....

Surely no Christian man would beat and injure his wife, as it is not something that one in Christ would do, especially routinely.
Many a man and many a woman do live with certain amounts of fears and 'phobias' and have need of prayerful love and healing to be offered preferably from both their spouse and the greater Christian believing community of which they are part of. That sort of fear, however, can often be non-justifiable and something from the imagination of the person suffering, perhaps not, for some reason, able to fully be at true peace in and with the Lord Jesus Christ; and the spouse can be a victim of those fears especially when laid upon them or being accused wrongfully of being a cause of what, in reality, is a deeper rooted problem that the one needs the same love and deliverance from that we all seek and desire after for our own selves and often have been set free from, already. However, there are many variables and we can not rest all on this one point i make.

Again, I do have a problem with your use of words here. It suggests that a believing man is as much a tyrant as a non-believer. this surely is not so?
I do, however, agree somewhat with the rest of what you have written.
There are too many who are abused, both male and female and if we should say, don't let it bother you , lay down and get beaten some more, we are being sick minded and obviously do not care too much for anyone.
The Lord heard many a cry and answered. We should be able to cry to the Lord for Help, for otherwise, how is He our Helper and Deliverer?
In distress, i cried unto the Lord and he heard me!
Surely that is not totally emotion free distress but purely only matter of fact, as it is written, sort of robotic distress ?!?! [NO]
Too many preach that which comes from their head and often that is half empty or pre-configured. More preachers who preach the Word, Christ and Him crucified, for in Him, we have life, and that abundant.

Bless you Brother ....><>

Loyal
Some women are married to men who are unpredictable, abusive and dangerous. In those cases, fear is an emotion that might help guide them to safety.
So you are saying "explicitly" ignore the very word of GOD. And replace it with your words. That fearing a man leads you to safety? I say, you are in error and not knowing the "POWER" of GOD. Now if we are taking about non-christians i can understand. But my post is addressing "The Children of GOD' who's mission is to obey Gods Word and lean not upon their own understanding, no matter how dark it gets.

Active
Greetings Andy,

If i may offer a 'correction' to your words?

Surely no Christian man would beat and injure his wife, as it is not something that one in Christ would do, especially routinely.
Many a man and many a woman do live with certain amounts of fears and 'phobias' and have need of prayerful love and healing to be offered preferably from both their spouse and the greater Christian believing community of which they are part of. That sort of fear, however, can often be non-justifiable and something from the imagination of the person suffering, perhaps not, for some reason, able to fully be at true peace in and with the Lord Jesus Christ; and the spouse can be a victim of those fears especially when laid upon them or being accused wrongfully of being a cause of what, in reality, is a deeper rooted problem that the one needs the same love and deliverance from that we all seek and desire after for our own selves and often have been set free from, already. However, there are many variables and we can not rest all on this one point i make.

Again, I do have a problem with your use of words here. It suggests that a believing man is as much a tyrant as a non-believer. this surely is not so?
I do, however, agree somewhat with the rest of what you have written.
There are too many who are abused, both male and female and if we should say, don't let it bother you , lay down and get beaten some more, we are being sick minded and obviously do not care too much for anyone.
The Lord heard many a cry and answered. We should be able to cry to the Lord for Help, for otherwise, how is He our Helper and Deliverer?
In distress, i cried unto the Lord and he heard me!
Surely that is not totally emotion free distress but purely only matter of fact, as it is written, sort of robotic distress ?!?! [NO]
Too many preach that which comes from their head and often that is half empty or pre-configured. More preachers who preach the Word, Christ and Him crucified, for in Him, we have life, and that abundant.

Bless you Brother ....><>

Hi Bear, thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

This isn't going to make easy reading. Until we meet our saviour we're all prone to slip up, sin is a major problem for all of us; we still do it. The only difference is there's no consequences, Christ died to cover all our sins, past and future. When we do meet Jesus we'll be transformed, perfect, no long even able to sin, perfect and back to being in the image of God. But until then .... well.

In my time I've met a few Christians who have been humiliated by being caught 'transgressing'. I remember a very moving sermon from a brother who'd just done a 3 year stretch for fraud, warning against the sin of greed. The prisons have more than a few Christian paedophiles who've preyed upon kids in the congregation of their church. One of the teachers in the Sunday school I went to was sentenced to 5 years. He was a big noise in the church, leading prayer meetings and Bible studies. It's easy to say, well they probably never truly knew God, but I'm not so sure.

And yes, I've known sisters in church with a black eye, blaming a kitchen cupboard door that had been left open. Sorry to say this but I've even come across it in TJ. A sister here was asking for prayer for her situation because her husband was being pretty awful to her: he's a retired minister. Another guy was looking for scriptural authority for compelling his wife to be totally subservient to him. I told him that Ephesians 5:22 was not that authority to which he retorted that Sarah addressed Abraham as lord, and so she should do the same. In the end he lost patience and gave his wife a good hiding and whilst he expressed some remorse he was still trying to justify it. For that reason the thread was pulled by a moderator.

But do you know what? I know this is all very unpalatable but with all of us God looks upon us as work in progress and remember to Him, sin is sin is sin. There's just black sin, no grey, no white lies, just sin.

Something else, there will come a day when each of us will have to give an account before the Judgement seat and I know for a fact, I won't be doing much bragging!

Loyal
I do understand how many variables there can be in this thread, but i think we all must agree upon this we are commanded and instructed to obey God's word even unto death. If the Word of God had not been kept and obeyed, you would not have been saved. But I think many of Christians think lightly of what Jesus went through for "YOU" and have not shed one tear on His behave, and really do not care. And that is understandable, when you know "Holy Scripture". Jesus FEARED! the pain and suffering He was about to endurer. And did not want to go to that cross. but He obeyed His Father. The Bibles you read today, Man, women and children died violent deaths for making it possible that you can have it in yours hands, being tortured in such a ways you cannot image and knowing this they still march on "this is True Christianity". All of this was not done in a dark corner, all of this is recorded. By keeping GOD"S WORD, most likely will cause you to die a violent death! In many different forms. I have often wondered, many of times, what are Christians reading? You Fear GOD! Just Maybe, if your FEAR GOD in the beginning, you might not had married that "WHOREST MAN of woman" in the first place. Now days, you can ask a "Christian" what is a virgin? They don't know. They will say what is that? You tell them, we use to have them, but now they are "Extinct". And they say: "Oh".

take note of this: Here is a person [christian] that has been shacking up with another person, and they start fighting, one knocks one up beside the head, then they run off to a "safe house" for safety. now< Child of God do you see anything educational in that. Do you see any discipline in that, and where should the proper "fear" should be directed, child of God. you see the many "variables".

When you stray from the path and you venture far off the course, you encounter "wolves" of all sorts you become lost and it is hard to find your way back And when you do return back you have the scars and wounds of your disobedience. For many of times it is you, seeking what you wanted that lead you astray, to the "GingerBread" House" GOD will aloud you to be attacked to train you or shaping you. Many of us, as we begin our journey in "The Way" and sometime of another will go "Astray" we will not depart but "wonder astray". So it is God that opens the flood gate. upon the "Females of God in most cases" in such matters. For God holds all power and the Holy Sprirt is also the "Restrainer". And your prayers in most cases is not "Harry Potters" Wand. We all must know what are sins are and confess them and repent. example: a christian gets a divorce and then remarries, catches hell in the new marriage" get knock up beside the head. Two wrongs, forget those counselors and pastors and quit looking for escape clauses. remain single and quit "WHOREMONGERING" ain't no man is going to beat you up if you are not sleeping with him and dinning with him. Give your whole life to GOD! "Sanctification" "Holiness" "if you love me, tell me the Truth"

Loyal
So you are saying "explicitly" ignore the very word of GOD. And replace it with your words. That fearing a man leads you to safety? I say, you are in error and not knowing the "POWER" of GOD. Now if we are taking about non-christians i can understand. But my post is addressing "The Children of GOD' who's mission is to obey Gods Word and lean not upon their own understanding, no matter how dark it gets.
Fear is a legitimate and natural emotion. Every responsible parent ensures that their children have appropriate fear of traffic, wild animals, heights, electricity.

Fear is recognised in the Bible too. See for example psalm 55.

Staff Member
Sorry to say this but I've even come across it in TJ. A sister here was asking for prayer for her situation because her husband was being pretty awful to her: he's a retired minister. Another guy was looking for scriptural authority for compelling his wife to be totally subservient to him. I told him that Ephesians 5:22 was not that authority to which he retorted that Sarah addressed Abraham as lord, and so she should do the same. In the end he lost patience and gave his wife a good hiding and whilst he expressed some remorse he was still trying to justify it. For that reason the thread was pulled by a moderator.

Greetings Andy,

i am trying to recall this incident as it reminds me of one or two times people have joined specifically to make a point and/or stir the pot and have been found to be fraudulent, not even professing Christians. We get all sorts here.

I am not going to pretend that a Christian man is totally incapable of wrong. I remember a man i once met in maximum security some years ago. He loved the Lord like nothing else but he had also blown it one day and hence his time behind secure bars.

In the early Church, the Apostle(s) had to address situations and call a spade a spade, ie, make it known that certain behaviour was totally unacceptable. Perhaps we don't see that much today? Hence a proliferation of sinful activity unchecked and with no real and certain public reprimand and/or penalty, the congregations don't think too much of wrongs committed.... etc etc etc?

My previous point is [was] that a Christian does not do such things. OK. If a professing Christian does bash his wife and do all manner of evil, is it because he is following Christ? Not at all. Can a man who does not follow Christ be called a Christian?
A man from your country goes overseas and reeks havoc, does terrible things. Does that mean that the man represents your country? He may even stay in your country and do evil, does he then represent your country?
If he was put behind bars he loses his right as a citizen to live as a citizen of your country, technically, even if today's rights prove more lenient that times gone by. However, although he was born as citizen of your country, he forfeits those rights and becomes as a non citizen, not able to participate in those things that the average free man can.

A man who professes some sort of confession to God who then goes about beating his wife forfeits the liberty gained in Christ, unless he repent. Therefore, my point perhaps is that while he might have been able to be counted as a Christian, while doing such evil, he can not and should not be counted as such. We all have done some wrong or another and some have repented and genuinely sought forgiveness from those victims of their wrong.
I understand what you have written and yet i do find it hard to classify women beaters as Christian. The key here is in the tense, that being, a practicing and continuing unrepentant woman beater. Same goes for women who habitually do evil while presenting themselves a spotless.

Perhaps we lack something needed in our lives that the early church had?
Please understand that i am not pushing a legalistic barrow nor a condemnation sword. I would suggest that of all members here, i am the worst example of what a new transformed life in Christ is and do so without bragging, but knowing that i have no upper hand to knock any other man down and push penalty upon any. {as a Moderator i do the best i can to honour the Administrator and his website but i am certainly not here because i am better than any other member!}

Again, I understand your points. I pray that somehow i have made my points a little understandable to you.

Back to the thread, regarding fear, what sort of fear are we looking at and what sort of fear are we describing? A woman who is bashed at the whim of an abusive husband is not a coward because she is scared stiff when he enters the room.
A woman who lives in needless fear needs deliverance from that sort of oppression.
A woman who has known better and resorts to being led by worldly fears needs help. That is what God gave us Church for.
(same goes for men!)

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings,

brave sounding words....

Man, women and children died violent deaths for making it possible that you can have it in yours hands, being tortured in such a ways you cannot image and knowing this they still march on "this is True Christianity".

By keeping GOD"S WORD, most likely will cause you to die a violent death! In many different forms.

and yet you are still alive to write such things?

Something to consider, please.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings,

brave sounding words....

and yet you are still alive to write such things?

Something to consider, please.

Bless you ....><>
Not speaking on my behave, for i have not so much of a commitment! that i would lay down my life for someone i do not know for the Gospel's sake'
But i do honor those who have and I do remember some of those who have by reading about them as a memorial as I am commanded by "the Word of God" and I do believe, i will encounter them around the "coronation" table. and discuss what they had to endured that i might had come to the knowledge that help me across that "Great Divide". of dissipation. For they are my brothers and sisters in Christ, i will have all eternity to discuss things, that mere words cannot express my appreciation of their sacrifice. For They are some of the ones, who have encourage me. When i thought i would not make it out! And i thank God for His words, "I Am not The God of The Dead".

Loyal
I remember a long time ago when me and my wife got married and maybe a few years after, She jump all in my face chewing me out for something, I mean breathing flames, threw a bowl of cereal in my face. it might have been about showing our little girl the "Rafael or Michealangelo" pictures in the Family Bible of Jesus. Later she told me, why she stop, she said: it came to her, this is a man, he might fight back and I don't have a chance." and that is why she said she stop. But as years went by, and she became well churched, Get in my face anytime she got ready in public anywhere, she had the Institutional church backing, and always claim "she had a dark side" to me and the kids. everybody things she is the godly one by her sweet and nice voice in public. Now I am threw with that.
i don't even think I have ever hear her say one prayer. but she never miss a church meeting and cult meeting. The church pastor treats her as the saint and thinks me the Devil! LOL!

Staff Member
i will have all eternity to discuss things,

And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book: but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name.
John 20:30-31

And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.
John 21:25