• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are You Prepared For Trials?

Staff Member
"I will give you the glory of these kingdoms and authority over them," the devil said, "because they are mine to give to anyone I please. I will give it all to you if you will worship me." Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'" Luke 4:6-8 NLT

At the moment of His trial in the wilderness, Jesus was ready to answer Satan with the scriptures that had become a vital part of His life. Even with the temptation to avoid His looming death and humble ministry, Jesus remained grounded in the truth about God rather than giving into the promises of Satan.

The slow work of transformation and holiness may be difficult to observe on a day-to-day basis. There may not be too many dramatic moments of deliverance or manifestations of God’s presence. However, attention to the teachings of scripture and the truth about God will have a payoff one day. It may not happen right away, but it will certainly happen when an unexpected trial or temptation arises. The time you spend before God will help you stand when trouble comes.

How can you make space this week to grow in your reliance on God’s strength and wisdom?

Prayer: Jesus, You overcome Satan with the truth of Your Word. Help me see the power and beauty of Your words so that I can rely on You in times of trial.

Loyal
Behold, The wisdom of Satan!
In (Luke 4:6-8).

How, he quotes, the “Word” to “The Word”??? Isn’t that ironic?
And even in your short prayer, you show the beauty of it all.

You said: “Jesus, You overcome Satan with the truth of Your Word.”

Satan talking to The Word.
The very Word, that created even him. Now isn’t that something.
Mmmmm.........take another look at verse 8!

Staff Member
Behold, The wisdom of Satan!
In (Luke 4:6-8).

How, he quotes, the “Word” to “The Word”??? Isn’t that ironic?
And even in your short prayer, you show the beauty of it all.

Satan talking to The Word.
The very Word, that created even him. Now isn’t that something.
Mmmmm.........take another look at verse 8!
Irony for sure brother. Which really speaks to the pride of Satan that he believed/s he could get the Lord to succumb by using the very deceit he previously used in the garden! Probably used this method to convince a third of angels to rebel as well.
Jesus knew this, and also knew His unique purpose as the Christ. Which brings something to mind, of which I'm curious your thoughts on it. Do you think that Satan, was given restrictions on what he was allowed to do to Jesus, as he was to Job?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Well, you remember, what I said in post 2, how “you” showed the beauty of His word by your prayer.

I don’t think you realized what you said, that produce what I said. Then I went back to verse 8 pertaining to what you said. Now add it all together, now what do you see!! If you don’t see it clearly, back up to verse 7.. then see if the light switch comes on. Add it up, don’t subtract. You started it be part of the joy. Take a look.

Staff Member
Well, you remember, what I said in post 2, how “you” showed the beauty of His word by your prayer.

I don’t think you realized what you said, that produce what I said. Then I went back to verse 8 pertaining to what you said. Now add it all together, now what do you see!! If you don’t see it clearly, back up to verse 7.. then see if the light switch comes on. Add it up, don’t subtract. You started it be part of the joy. Take a look.
I understood what was being said, for in truth our Victory is in Jesus who is the Word. My question had less to do with what we are presented with here in Scripture, then with the conditions that were set or not set upon Satan as it pertains to Jesus as partly reflected in Luke 4:13 And when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from him until an opportune time. (Emphasis mine)

Continuing in this vein would of course cover the rest of Scripture in the telling. :)

God bless you Brother.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><