• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are we really "disciples" of Christ and do we make "Disciples' prescribed by JESUS?

Loyal
Jesus called on disciples to give up their wealth and their familial ties. In his society, family was the individual's source of identity, so renouncing it would mean becoming virtually nobody. In Luke 9:58–62, Jesus used a hyperbolic metaphor to stress the importance of this, and another in Luke 14:26: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple." There are different interpretations of this text on counting the cost of discipleship.[19]

Wiki pedia

Becoming a "Disciple" of Jesus ain't no joke. But becoming a church member is easy and becoming a christian is easy. But that Discipleship is a completely different "ball game'. And after playing, for a while, you want to pick up your ball and BAT. and go home.

I think you have pretty much nailed it :)
It is not that popular, however , if you really get into the root words of what of what being a disciple means a true quote unquote disciple is a copy of its master

How do you know you are a true disciple?

Easy .When they look at you do they see Jesus?

Loyal
It is not that popular, however , if you really get into the root words of what of what being a disciple means a true quote unquote disciple is a copy of its master

And, do they really Love the true appearance of JESUS? Or do many have their own opinion in a picturesquetic view of The Truth Messiah and who, He really is "The Christ of GOD" The Only Begotten SON, of The LIVING GOD" And if They Love HIM they will Love you also... And Hold on unto "The TRUTH" :pensive: And not let go.

"And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did it to Me.’ Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels"

Tyndale Bible of 1526
"And ye kynge shall answere and saye vnto them: verely I saye vnto you: in as moche as ye have done it vnto one of ye leest of these my brethren ye have done it to me.":pensive:

Active

How do you know what they see?

Active
Jesus called on disciples to give up their wealth
Well the Peter lied....

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.​
(Acts 5:4 KJV)​

Rhema

Loyal
Well the Peter lied....

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.​
(Acts 5:4 KJV)​

Rhema
You have no idea whatsoever that was about. (acts 5) and you cannot come near the meaning and why the text of scripture was place in "The ACTS of the APOSTLES". Sorry but you not the ability to eat from the crumbs that fell form that table. :pensive:

Jesus called on disciples to give up their wealth and their familial ties. In his society, family was the individual's source of identity, so renouncing it would mean becoming virtually nobody. In Luke 9:58–62, Jesus used a hyperbolic metaphor to stress the importance of this, and another in Luke 14:26: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple." There are different interpretations of this text on counting the cost of discipleship.[19]

Wiki pedia

Becoming a "Disciple" of Jesus ain't no joke. But becoming a church member is easy and becoming a christian is easy. But that Discipleship is a completely different "ball game'. And after playing, for a while, you want to pick up your ball and BAT. and go home.
is being gay wrong

Loyal
is being gay wrong
Well, for me that is a difficult question. I am not going to be absolute on your question. For i am a man who looks into the deep meaning of words.
For words carries us in so many directions. And I have used words wrong. What might be right for me, might be wrong for you. What might be right for you might be wrong for me. Now why did i say it, that way.

I did it in a "Theological" Reformed Way. That has absolutely, nothing to do with religion or the thoughts of the common man. But "Theological Thinking"
I will attempt, to address your question in such matter, and hope you can answer that question yourself or wait on GOD, and let Him speak to you in a language that you can understand and be without any doubt.:pensive:

Example:
GOD the FATHER sent HIS Only Begotten SON into this sinful world, a SON whom HE always Loved, who has been with HIM always, A SON who learn from HIM and always pleased HIM. Never have displeased HIM. Had Him come into this world, enter in a Human body a special body that GOD the Father had prepare especially for HIM. And then walk on a corrupted planet called earth, and HIS SON cried, suffered and was frighted he even feared the death that his body had to go through and the pain He had to endurer. A perfect being, but being in total obedience and among a corrupted and sinful people where there is none righteous no not one, for all are corrupted and all are condemn for eternal damnation. And he told his "SON" to be a "Sacrificing Offering" for corrupted creatures.:pensive:

Now do that make since? sending your Son whom you love, to die a violent death and walk a corrupted world, suffering and be acquainted with grief.
Now is that wrong? think about it and think about it slowly, like Molasses pouring out of narrow bottle on a cool Sunday Morning in the late date of a Autumn Day in The State of Michigan. :pensive:

Shalom,
And I feel the Love of GOD coming upon you:pensive:

Well, for me that is a difficult question. I am not going to be absolute on your question. For i am a man who looks into the deep meaning of words.
For words carries us in so many directions. And I have used words wrong. What might be right for me, might be wrong for you. What might be right for you might be wrong for me. Now why did i say it, that way.

I did it in a "Theological" Reformed Way. That has absolutely, nothing to do with religion or the thoughts of the common man. But "Theological Thinking"
I will attempt, to address your question in such matter, and hope you can answer that question yourself or wait on GOD, and let Him speak to you in a language that you can understand and be without any doubt.:pensive:

Example:
GOD the FATHER sent HIS Only Begotten SON into this sinful world, a SON whom HE always Loved, who has been with HIM always, A SON who learn from HIM and always pleased HIM. Never have displeased HIM. Had Him come into this world, enter in a Human body a special body that GOD the Father had prepare especially for HIM. And then walk on a corrupted planet called earth, and HIS SON cried, suffered and was frighted he even feared the death that his body had to go through and the pain He had to endurer. A perfect being, but being in total obedience and among a corrupted and sinful people where there is none righteous no not one, for all are corrupted and all are condemn for eternal damnation. And he told his "SON" to be a "Sacrificing Offering" for corrupted creatures.:pensive:

Now do that make since? sending your Son whom you love, to die a violent death and walk a corrupted world, suffering and be acquainted with grief.
Now is that wrong? think about it and think about it slowly, like Molasses pouring out of narrow bottle on a cool Sunday Morning in the late date of a Autumn Day in The State of Michigan. :pensive:

Shalom,
And I feel the Love of GOD coming upon you:pensive:
I'm transgender with a girlfriend and I'm happy

Loyal
There go's words again. Happy, a worldly word. A biblical word: "Blesseth". The worldly word: "happy" is a fleeting word. meaning:= dissipating.
But. "Blesseth is the person that mediates in the Law of the LORD night and day for they shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of waters" that brings it fruits in its season"

Holman Christian Standard Bible
How happy is the man who does not follow the advice of the wicked or take the path of sinners or join a group of mockers!
American Standard Version
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the wicked, Nor standeth in the way of sinners, Nor sitteth in the seat of scoffers:

(Psalms 1)BSB
…1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or set foot on the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the Law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a tree planted by streams of water, yielding its fruit in season, whose leaf does not wither, and who prospers in all he does.

We all look for longevity many times in the wrong places. Many we are that always is chasing after THE RABBIT at "The Dog Race Track"

Active
then you have truly found an odd forum to out yourself. It is made perfectly clear in the bible that homosexuality and sexual immorality is an abomination and punished by eternal damnation in the lake of fire and sulphur. If anyone whitewashes that then they are not truly christians.

then you have truly found an odd forum to out yourself. It is made perfectly clear in the bible that homosexuality and sexual immorality is an abomination and punished by eternal damnation in the lake of fire and sulphur. If anyone whitewashes that then they are not truly christians.
I am christain my church supports and accepts LGBTQ so

There go's words again. Happy, a worldly word. A biblical word: "Blesseth". The worldly word: "happy" is a fleeting word. meaning:= dissipating.
But. "Blesseth is the person that mediates in the Law of the LORD night and day for they shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of waters" that brings it fruits in its season"

Holman Christian Standard Bible
How happy is the man who does not follow the advice of the wicked or take the path of sinners or join a group of mockers!
American Standard Version
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the wicked, Nor standeth in the way of sinners, Nor sitteth in the seat of scoffers:

(Psalms 1)BSB
…1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or set foot on the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the Law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a tree planted by streams of water, yielding its fruit in season, whose leaf does not wither, and who prospers in all he does.

We all look for longevity many times in the wrong places. Many we are that always is chasing after THE RABBIT at "The Dog Race Track"
Just let me be happy

Loyal
Remember Gregoryp we have to be more wiser every day, and know certain laws within the land we dwell in, there are many kinds of traps. And highly technical in strategies.

Remember Gregoryp we have to be more wiser every day, and know certain laws within the land we dwell in, there are many kinds of traps. And highly technical in strategies.
I am christan and I am accepted let LGBTQ people be happy

hahahaha!! I bet they would
you're not funny I know that LGBTQ rights is a thing that should be looked more into and you can't stop me from telling the world that LGBTQ is not a sin go ahead and try to stop me but my words are way more powerful than your bullcrap :)