• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
Loyal
If we look back over the past century, we can see we've been living in the end times for some time now. From 1917 the regathering of the Jews into their homeland commenced. From there a procession of prophetic scripture has already been fulfilled. What I am seeing now is the prelude of the Beast system being brought into full manifestation. We are certainly close to the end.

Greetings my friend

A very small number of Jews started to return after the first world war, 1914-18. Britain tried to put together the Balfour Treaty around 1919, but it took into the 1920's before other country's joined in. But, although ships were put in place to take the Jews back to the promised land, very few returned. It was around the time of the Balfour Treaty that the Palestinians started to move into the Holy Land, this increased later when Yassa Arafat was leader, if I remember correctly the Palestinian government paid incentives for Palestinians to move there.

It wasn't until the terrible second world war was over that the Jews started to return to the promised land. And on 14 or 15 May 1948 Israel was again declared a state.

We have been living in the 'end-times' since Jesus's death and resurrections, what we are in now is clearly the 'Latter Days' of 'The End Times'.

You are correct in what you say my friend, 'We are certainly close to the End'

The 'Key' to the latter days, I believe, was when Israel became a state again, the Jews returning as prophesied to the promised land, becoming a state again triggered the 'latter days'.

Now since 1948 we have seen the world change, starting in the late 1950's and early 1960's, free speech, free sex, this followed by skirts getting shorter, mini skirts, midi skirts and even what we may call belts they are so short. These things happened in stages 1950's, 1960's, then more so 1970,s etc. At the same time we saw, wars increasing worldwide, but as scripture says even rumours of wars, earthquakes have increased in number and in intensity, so have pestilences, ebola, super bugs etc.

We have also seen hardening of hearts, children disobedient to parents, attitudes, etc. Along with in more recent times 'Rages Waters in diverse places across the world. Man lying with man and woman with woman, all in scripture.

The most interesting thing to note in these happenings is that they started slowly in the 1950-60's, then year on year have increased and increased to the alarming rate today. Alarming for the lost souls I feel, confirmation to all saved believers as Jesus put it, this is not the end, these are the birth pangs of the end. As every mother knows, birth pangs come on slowly and slowly increase up to the point the baby is born. These things that have happened have increased year on year, the birth pangs today are very strong, it all points to our Lord's Return in Glory. O Come Lord Jesus.

We pray the brethren worldwide, the one true church which Jesus Christ is head of and all saved believers are His Body, the Church, the ekklesia, will be ready and waiting, wicks trimmed and oil in our lamps waiting to meet the bridegroom, Jesus Christ out Lord. May we be like the 5 wise virgins, not the 5 foolish virgins.

Blessings

We have not yet equaled the times of Noah. As far as I know no babies are being sacrificed to volcanic lava lakes, but maybe so. We have not yet seen on TV an image of the Beast statue speaking "great things" that challenge holy God. Well, I haven't kept up with the latest proclamations of the Demoncrats, so might be a little behind. What is the end extreme that Noah faced? We don't know the intensity level. Earlier generations before us would not even mentally conceive their next pastor would be a homosexual. I witnessed that dilemma in a very evangelical Methodist church here, their new pastor welcoming all types of perverts who are publically demonstrating their physical attractions. That congregation has dwindled from over 300 to about 25 saints who just can't abandon their childhood refuge. How God weighs such things has to do with when He sends Jesus back, no doubt to me. Considering how often and much that Christians have suffered persecutions, along with those of Jews, makes it very much more difficult to predict the long suffering of God. He is far more liberal with grace than any of us.

A sure sign you have missed the opportunity to bypass the great judgment of the tribulation is if you see Israel take up the ministry of the Church. I estimate we are now at the brink of Rev 5:14, even though the Church has been holding there all along. The Church tries to see the end as eminent, while God is not confined to time. Like a burglar coming, the next phase will happen when least expecting. LEAST expecting! Maybe that is the moment when the Church stops expecting?
[/QUOTE

We have not yet equaled the times of Noah. As far as I know no babies are being sacrificed to volcanic lava lakes, but maybe so. We have not yet seen on TV an image of the Beast statue speaking "great things" that challenge holy God. Well, I haven't kept up with the latest proclamations of the Demoncrats, so might be a little behind. What is the end extreme that Noah faced? We don't know the intensity level. Earlier generations before us would not even mentally conceive their next pastor would be a homosexual. I witnessed that dilemma in a very evangelical Methodist church here, their new pastor welcoming all types of perverts who are publically demonstrating their physical attractions. That congregation has dwindled from over 300 to about 25 saints who just can't abandon their childhood refuge. How God weighs such things has to do with when He sends Jesus back, no doubt to me. Considering how often and much that Christians have suffered persecutions, along with those of Jews, makes it very much more difficult to predict the long suffering of God. He is far more liberal with grace than any of us.

A sure sign you have missed the opportunity to bypass the great judgment of the tribulation is if you see Israel take up the ministry of the Church. I estimate we are now at the brink of Rev 5:14, even though the Church has been holding there all along. The Church tries to see the end as eminent, while God is not confined to time. Like a burglar coming, the next phase will happen when least expecting. LEAST expecting! Maybe that is the moment when the Church stops expecting?
I don't think we can be in Rev 5, when we haven't yet heard the "Come up here" of Rev 4:1. I personally believe that God is a God of order, as we see so clearly in nature, mathematics, etc. So, I see Revelation in order. In other words, the first seal happens before the second seal, etc., and the 7th seal introduces the 1st trumpet and so on. We know it's at hand for sure!

Loyal
"Everything' seems to be 'right around the corner'. We need to make sure that we are spiritually ready. Have accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior -- living for Him.

Loyal
We are to 'be READY' in scriptural terms this is 'to WATCH', 'be PRAYERFUL', 'be WORTHY'

Luke 21:34-36 (NKJV)
34 "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.
35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

WATCHing, being READY, in reference to the signs of the 'latter days' of the 'end times' are given in Luke Chapter 21, Matthew Chapter 24 and Mark Chapter 13.

Luke 21:27-28 (NKJV)
27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

WATCH and be ready, but you must be saved first.

John 5:24-30 (NKJV)
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29 and come forth--those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

John 3:3,5,7 (NKJV)
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Jesus wants the genuineness of our Faith, nothing less. We are to WATCH, our Eternal Salvation is near, even at the door.

1 Peter 1:3-9 (NKJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls.

WATCH and be ready

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (NKJV)
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Jesus tells us to WATCH, be READY, be SINLESS

1 John 3:1-10 (NKJV)
1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

Are we really WATCHING, are we really READY, are we really SINLESS?

O Come Lord Jesus.

Active
I know this view many not go over to well,but keep in mind it is only my own view. For over 2000 years we have been told Jesus is coming back,which I agree he is! My question is how can Jesus come back anytime soon, when the bride is no where near ready to receive him??( Rev 19:7) So how many in the church need to be ready before Jesus decides on coming back?

Scripture defines a few as 8 people( 1 Peter 3:20) In today's world a few would be considered a few more perhaps? LOL I choose to live each day as if Jesus were at least going to come for me( death) But as to when he should choose to come for all who dwell upon the earth, who are his, is another question to me. Our Country itself is only 200 years old,which is pretty young!

The timetable of our Jesus is of course much different then our own,for as the Bible says( 2 Peter 3:8). So I really am not sure,but the point is, since no man knows, is to always be ready,which most of you have very well wrote!( Matt 24:43-44).

Loyal
I know this view many not go over to well,but keep in mind it is only my own view. For over 2000 years we have been told Jesus is coming back,which I agree he is! My question is how can Jesus come back anytime soon, when the bride is no where near ready to receive him??( Rev 19:7) So how many in the church need to be ready before Jesus decides on coming back?

You are correct that scripture has told us for 2000 years Jesus is coming, but scripture also received prophesies, and prophesies had to be fulfilled before His Return.

The KEY Prophesy, which I believe triggered the start of the 'latter days' of the 'end time', was when the Jews started to return to the promised land and on 15 May 1948, Israel was again declared a state.

Since then other prophesies have fallen into place, and also certain world events have occurred in readiness that 100 years ago people would not think was possible.

Since 1948 we have slowly seen prophesies fulfilled, as time continued the fulfilment of prophesies have increased and are getting faster by the day.

The Word says, there will be wars and rumours of wars, increase in earth quakes and pestilences, there will be a hardening of hearts, children will be disobedient to their parents, there will be an increase in wickedness, all these have increased, there has always been wars for sure but now we have rumours of wars, Israel has been in eight wars since it became a recognised state, earth quakes have increase, we only need to check the stats, not only have they increased in number they have increased in severity. Pestilences, some may say yes, there has always been these things, black death, measles, mumps, scarlet fever etc, be we are now seeing stronger pestilences, ebola, aids, super bugs in hospitals etc.

From the 1960's we saw the mini skirt, the midi skirt and the belt, well they called it a skirt but what did it cover. We saw Free everything, free love, free speech, free sex, free everything, it really was anything goes, do and say what we want. As we went into the 1970's and then the 1980's all these things continued to increase, as did sex with anyone and divorces galore. Attitudes of adults was clear in the free speech and hardening of hearts, kids having no respect for parents, teachers, or their elders. As time run on year on year things have continued to get worse, scripture confirms there will be raging waters in diverse places, this is also so clear to see, there is hardly a country not had flooding of some kind, even the Sahara desert! All these things had to happen, and they have, they are, and they are increasing, as scripture says these things are not the end they point to the end, they are described as birth pangs, starting gradually and increasing and quickening up to the baby being born.

That is where we are now, time is short, Jesus will be returning soon, but when?

The time is close but even Jesus doesn't know the exact time, He will wait until the Father tells Him to Return for His church, and with a trumpet call in the blink of an eye He will Return in Glory.

Could he return by Mon, 23 March 2240? The 29th of Adar 6000 on the Jewish calendar? - Yes if not before

Could He return in the next few years - Yes He could, the birth pangs are strong

Could He return for His Church this year - Yes He could

Could He return tonight - Yes He could

O Come Lord Jesus

The message to all saved souls is... WATCH, be READY, be SINLESS

Meanwhile don't forget to tell loved ones and friends about Jesus and the FREE Gift of Salvation

Loyal
@Brother-Paul -- agree with everything Except the 'be sinless' part. No one will be sinless until we are with Jesus Christ for eternity. It is Then that 'we' receive our glorified bodies.

But not to be so heavenly minded that we're no earthly good. 'We' need to be 'out there' sharing when the opportunity arises. In a concerned, loving way.

Loyal
@Brother-Paul -- agree with everything Except the 'be sinless' part. No one will be sinless until we are with Jesus Christ for eternity. It is Then that 'we' receive our glorified bodies.

But not to be so heavenly minded that we're no earthly good. 'We' need to be 'out there' sharing when the opportunity arises. In a concerned, loving way.

Greetings Sue

Although I am aware of what you say and know what you mean what you say,allow me to share this scripture...

1 John 3:1-10 (NKJV)
1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!
Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
We are His, we do not intend to sin, when we do we repent, we know, we cleanse ourselves from sin to remain Righteous.

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin.
Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you.
He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

When we abide in Christ, He abides in us, Christ cannot abide in us if wee are in sin, He is righteous, when we repent we keep ourselves from sin and remain righteous, just as He is righteous.

It is a common thing for believers to consider ourselves sinners, that is because we are trying to be right, we are aiming to be perfect, but we are in the flesh and the flesh is weak.

I believe this is covered here, knowing we may sin, He knows we don't intend to He knows we didn't mean it, He knows we will repent immediately. That is I think why v7 says... he who practices Righteousness, the word practice tells be He knows we will not get things right all the time, but He know our hearts, we are practicing and every time there is a small error, sun, we clear it, we repent immediately. As we mature in faith, though still practicing Roghteousness, we sin less, although repent just as fast. He know our heart.

So aiming to be sinless is right according to The Word. Practicing Righteousness. Abiding in Him and He in us John 15:

I should instead have added,,,

Scripture tells us to WATCH, be READY, be SINLESS Each little error we correct as children of God, we continue in faith, hey were never intended and are quickly corrected.
:love:

Greetings my friend

A very small number of Jews started to return after the first world war, 1914-18. Britain tried to put together the Balfour Treaty around 1919, but it took into the 1920's before other country's joined in. But, although ships were put in place to take the Jews back to the promised land, very few returned. It was around the time of the Balfour Treaty that the Palestinians started to move into the Holy Land, this increased later when Yassa Arafat was leader, if I remember correctly the Palestinian government paid incentives for Palestinians to move there.

It wasn't until the terrible second world war was over that the Jews started to return to the promised land. And on 14 or 15 May 1948 Israel was again declared a state.

We have been living in the 'end-times' since Jesus's death and resurrections, what we are in now is clearly the 'Latter Days' of 'The End Times'.

You are correct in what you say my friend, 'We are certainly close to the End'

The 'Key' to the latter days, I believe, was when Israel became a state again, the Jews returning as prophesied to the promised land, becoming a state again triggered the 'latter days'.

Now since 1948 we have seen the world change, starting in the late 1950's and early 1960's, free speech, free sex, this followed by skirts getting shorter, mini skirts, midi skirts and even what we may call belts they are so short. These things happened in stages 1950's, 1960's, then more so 1970,s etc. At the same time we saw, wars increasing worldwide, but as scripture says even rumours of wars, earthquakes have increased in number and in intensity, so have pestilences, ebola, super bugs etc.

We have also seen hardening of hearts, children disobedient to parents, attitudes, etc. Along with in more recent times 'Rages Waters in diverse places across the world. Man lying with man and woman with woman, all in scripture.

The most interesting thing to note in these happenings is that they started slowly in the 1950-60's, then year on year have increased and increased to the alarming rate today. Alarming for the lost souls I feel, confirmation to all saved believers as Jesus put it, this is not the end, these are the birth pangs of the end. As every mother knows, birth pangs come on slowly and slowly increase up to the point the baby is born. These things that have happened have increased year on year, the birth pangs today are very strong, it all points to our Lord's Return in Glory. O Come Lord Jesus.

We pray the brethren worldwide, the one true church which Jesus Christ is head of and all saved believers are His Body, the Church, the ekklesia, will be ready and waiting, wicks trimmed and oil in our lamps waiting to meet the bridegroom, Jesus Christ out Lord. May we be like the 5 wise virgins, not the 5 foolish virgins.

Blessings

"It was around the time of the Balfour Treaty that the Palastinians started to move into the Holy Land ".

This is like saying that it was around the time of the declaration of independence that the american indians started moving into america.

For over a thousand years before the Christian Era, land at the eastern end of the mediterranean between Turkey and Egypt, was referred to as Palastu.

When Latin was used for worship, before the changes under Henry V111, the word used was Palaestina, and by the time of King James Bible, the word used was Palestine.

If the people living in Egypt in the time of Moses, were Egyptians; those in ancient Greece, were Greeks; The conquistadors from Spain were Spanish; Then surely the people living for three thousand years in Palestine, have been Palestinians. ?

Loyal
Greeting brother

The point I was trying to make was more the increase in Palestine from The Balfour Treat period onward, the sudden influx of Palestinians once they realised the Jews were returning.

In 1517 there were 5000 Jews to 295,000 Palestinians, that may seem a lot of Palestinians but they were to increase dramatically once Jews started to return.

In 1882 there were 24,000 Jews to 276,000 Palestinians a significant drop in Palestian population at that time

By 1918 there were 60,000 Jews to 600,000 Palestinians, This was the start of a massive push by Palestians to occupy Israel

By 1946 there were 543,000 Jews to 1,267,037 Palestinians, Yasser Arafat was paying Palestinians to move to Israel!!!

By 1948 when Israel became a state a massive change took place

There were 716.700 Jews to 156,000 Palestinians. Jews were returning, Israel became a state agin PTL

The percentage of Jews vs Palestinians remained constant until the year 2000 when the numbers of Jews returning started to increase

The figures for 2019 show

There are 6,774,000 Jews to 2,318,000 Palestinians, a total of 9,092,000 overall in the land (Jewish population being around 74%)

Source of information...

Loyal
Look at 1 John 1:8

Greetings Sue

I thank you for quoting 1 John 1:8 after I quoted 1 John 3:1-10

As this is a detailed discussion on its own I feel a new thread is best so that all can join in the debate.

This topic is 'Are we in the End Times' and feast approaching Post 300 a very important topic would be lost in here.

I will prepare a new thread in the next day or so if I don't get chance before that.

Hopefully we will have enough time to debate SIN in 1 John Epistles before our Lord's Return.
:smile:

There is always a pattern. Prophets testify, people kill the prophets then suffer the consequences. Before Jesus comes again there must be certain things in place. It certainly isn't far off, but things have to get very bad. There will be more persecution of Christians. We already see that happening in some areas. Not jut name calling and such, but being killed etc. Only God knows when, but it is inconceivable that the second coming will happen until prophets are called again.

Loyal
O Come Lord Jesus

Every hour, minute and second counts, Pray for Israel, Pray for your family, friends, loved ones Salvation.

Every hour, minute and second counts, tell everyone you can about God's Free Gift of Salvation.

Every hour, minute and second counts, share God's Love, the Cross, Jesus' blood, the way tom eternal life.

Be ready, tomorrow could be to late.

O Come Lord Jesus

Active
WATCH THE EUROPEAN UNION. IT FITS ALL PROPHECY AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE THIRD KING HAS BEEN SEATED, AS THE UNION BEGAN SEATING PRESIDENTS WITH 5 YEAR TERMS IN 2009. PRIOR TO THIS THE PRESIDENCY WAS A 6 MONTH ROTATION BETWEEN PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES. THE 7 HEADS ARE THE 7 MOST POWERFUL ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING COUNTRIES WITHIN THE UNION. ONE OF THESE RECEIVES A DEADLY WOUND RIGHT? THAT WILL BE ENGLAND. MY GUESS IS BECAUSE OF BREXIT. THE WOUND WILL HEAL AND THE WORLD WILL BE AT AWE.
THE 10 HORNS ARE THE 10 KINGS, AS I MENTIONED EARLIER NUMBER 3 HAS JUST BEEN SEATED.
THE "DAY OF THE LORD COMETH AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT" SHOULD YOU EXPECT TO SEE IT COMING? NOT REALLY ESPECIALLY SINCE IT HAPPENS
QUITE SLOWLY THIS RISE OF THE LAST POWER ON EARTH. PS THE UNION WAS ESTABLISHED UPON THE PREMISE OF "PEACE AND PROSPERITY" SEE WHAT THE BIBLE HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE RISE OF THIS LAST KINGDOM AND HOW IT BEGINS. REVELATION!!!

I cast a vote as "not sure".

Reasons:

1- People have tried to predict the end for centuries upon centuries and have all failed miserably. Today is no different. What was the latest one? 2017-2018 some asteroid or whatever was suppose to hit earth in September? I remember some "christians" stating at that time "this marks some of the events of the end times"

2- Even Jesus doesnt know when. So how in the world are we suppose to know?!

3- Because know one knows, even Jesus doesnt know, the end could come today, tomorrow, next week, next month, 10 years from now, 300 years from now, who knows? Anytime. That's the apostles, namely Paul, always said that we need to be ready at any time. For one, we dont know if our soul will be required. Second, we dont know when the end will be.

4- "like a thief in the night". I find it amazing people can say, "oh yeah. we are definitely close to the end" or some other prediction. Does a thief warn you he will be robbing you? NO. He comes when you least expect it. You wont even know. No signs. No announcements. Same with the end.

And so, I am unsure when the end will be. We are not told.