• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
@KingJ -- Your very last sentence -- "We can predict the rapture guys". No -- we Can't. We only Think we can. Sometimes. Because there Have been those in the past , obviously, who Have tried to set dates and, guess what -- we're all still here. And, yes, there Are world events that will be happening at Some point in the future. But , as pastor was saying Sunday , be prepared Now.
I have a problem with a few things here. Thess 2:2 where Paul is discussing the very subject we are raising of when and what signs and the gospel accounts in red letters of ( when you see the abomination sitting in the temple) both accounts mirror one another where Jesus adds one will be taken and one will be left. This seems to indicate if we add no speculation or presumption that the described event is in the middle of the tribulation period with a very certain preamble of events. No matter what opinions I read these very glaring lock step descriptions always trump any speculation or presumption. What do you think?

Staff Member
Greetings all,

may i be slightly rude and butt into your present conversation and ask a question? {thank you in advance!}

What is it like for someone who feels they are at the end of their rope, so to speak?
In other words, how does the world around them look and what sorts of things might be making them feel that way?
I ask because for some, it is like end times and so i wondered if perhaps there might be some similarity in the events and the thoughts for them who are in such a place and time in their lives and what you are and have been discussing. Is there any similarity on a more personal level that we can find in Scripture that not only talks of the 'end times' discussed on this thread but also to the end times for some, on a daily basis.

And, while going along with such a line of thought, what of those who are nearing their end of time? How do they view and perceive things in the world? Are there signs for them that they look for and are there deceptions also?

It might seem an odd thing to throw into your conversation but i thought it may also help to look at the subject of the Thread from a way you have not as yet considered.
It is also pressing upon me that we can and often do get so caught up in talking about Bible things that we overlook others nearby, calling out for help because to them, the end is near or they do feel at the end their grasp on anything worth living for. For some, they are in the end times.

By all means, protest to this my post and i will delete it if you deem it out of place.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
@Mr.Bear -- nothing wrong with your comments. I'm in my early 70's. My husband passed away a month after he turned 70. That has left Me feeling a bit 'weird' at times.

I think that the whole point is that 'we' , Personally, Need to think about our own Personal eternal future home. There Is going to be a very real heaven or hell in each of our lives.

For a born-again believer That person can look Forward with anticipation that no matter how bad This present world gets -- there IS a home waiting for 'us' that John 14:6 tells us is being prepared for 'us'.

And, yes, there Are Lots of people who get to feeling like they Are 'at the end of Their rope' -- for whatever reason, the death of a spouse, nasty divorce, loosing a job. Life simply 'sucks'.

The 'key' Is placing 'your' faith in Jesus Christ as your Personal Savior. Being able to rest assured that God IS in control of this present mess. Psalm 37: 1-8 has been Very helpful, thought-provoking for Me . vs 3 -- Trust in the LORD - vs 4 Delight yourself also in the LORD vs 5 Commit your way to the LORD -- Trust also in HIM. vs 7 Rest in the LORD -- wait patiently for HIM -- the last thought in vs 8 Do not fret -- it only causes harm. "

If a person has been diagnosed with terminal cancer -- they are looking death in the eye - so to speak. My uncle -- decades ago was a successful businessman and didn't feel any need For church or religion. All of a sudden he wasn't feeling good -- diagnosis stomach cancer. Finally he Was looking at his own, personal mortality. Was Finally willing To listen. One of my cousins was Finally able To talk with him and he Listened. He accepted Jesus Christ as his own personal Savior and all of a sudden Wanted to read his Bible and Wished he hadn't waited So Long. He passed away three weeks later.

A person can Also be perfectly healthy -- be driving down the street and be hit by a guy running a red light and be killed. Or a drive-by shooting.

In other words -- a person CAN have inner peace and looking Forward to a future home in heaven.

A person Could be anticipating home-less-ness // living in their vehicle or in a shelter somewhere. Look at all the people who've lost homes to fires, massive flooding over just these past couple of years and Right Now. Life can look Very bleak. Hopeless.

Each day that 'we' wake up is one More day to be looking to God for our daily direction. He Does have a plan for 'my' life and 'your' life.

And I'm writing 'this' to myself as well as you as you're reading it.

And it is SO easy To look at this world situation and think 'oh , my lands' What's the point? Our point is the positive smile you can share when you go to the gas station or Walmart or simply see someone walking down the street. Or a homeless shelter -- share your time with someone -- and, yes, there would be a 'body-odor' component. And a woman would need to be more careful around men. Common sense needs to be a factor. But -- the point is that God created us to be social people. People Need People. And we All need Christ as our Savior.

Hope 'this' has helped. :)

Loyal
The verses you quote say He does not come as a thief to 'us' (1 Thess 5:2). We have ears to hear, we watch for the signs and we are His bride, ready and waiting.

Those who are not His bride. The unsaved. To them His coming will be sudden and unexpected.

This argument touches on two more important concepts. 1. OSAS and 2. God having a different to scripture code of ethics. Just regarding the second, what I mean for example is God is righteous in all His ways. He does not change. If in the past He did X because of Y. He will repeat. God is in a sense ''predictable'' on sin. Sinful environments. Sinners being sold-out to sin. We know Him. We know what to expect. He is not going to be like '''Oh, I have changed, I am now less patient or more patient, or partial, or I just wanted to prove you all wrong''.

I agree, He is coming soon. I put it at now to ten years.

For a Christian to be 'sleeping' now is concerning. As you noted many prophecies now fulfilled. I am literally just waiting for the temple to be built and then for the anti-christ to reveal himself therein.

@KingJ
I can understand your reasoning but am still not convinced brother.

Let us look at the 19 Virgin parable.

Matthew 25:1-13 (NKJV)
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

This chapter continues and concludes our Saviour's discourse, which began in the foregoing chapter, concerning his second coming and the end of the world. This was his farewell sermon of caution, as that, John 14:15,16, was of comfort to his disciples; and they had need of both in a world of so much temptation and trouble as this is. The application of that discourse, was, Watch therefore, and be also ready.

John 14:15-16 (NKJV)
14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Continuing to consider these cautions, in this chapter, we have three parables, the scope of which is to quicken us all with the utmost care and diligence to get ready for Christ's second coming, which, in all his farewells to his church, mention was made of, as in that before he died (John 14:2), in that at his ascension (Acts 1:11), and in that at the shutting up of the canon of the scriptures, Rev 22:20. We are therefore to prepare for Christ's coming;
1 - That we may then be ready to attend upon him; and this is shown in the parable of the ten virgins (Matt 25:1-13).
2 - That we may then be ready to give our account to him; and this is shown in the parable of the three servants or parable of the gold bags (Matt 25:14-30).
3 - That we may then be ready to receive from him our final sentence, and that it may be to eternal life; and this is shown in a more plain description of the process of the last judgement, parable of the sheep and the goats. (Matt 25:31-46). These are things of awful consideration, because of everlasting concern to every one of us.

As I am reading, it appears to me that the warnings in the Ten Virgins, is for believers, for the saved.

I feel it would be interesting here, and beneficial to all, to hear other brothers and sisters comments to these scriptures.

Peace be with you \o/

Loyal
@Br. Bear

The key in life came from Jesus himself, 'Love one another as I have loved you'

In general I think we all do, but we are human, as Jesus said 'The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'.

Life isn't easy, no one said it would be, Jesus said, 'Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will have enough issues of its own', but He also said He will always be there for us, and that we should 'Come until Jesus, give our issues and burdens to Him, He will guide our paths'. Being born-again does not mean we are free from worldly issues, worldly troubles, pain and suffering, weeping and crying, although some evangelists would try make us think differently, but Jesus promises to remove all this removing pain and suffering, removing weeping and crying, not in our current life, but soon we will have new resurrected bodies, and live on the New Heaven/Earth with our Lord.

But coming back to the current earth, we have a life, we may have issues, most people do, but we should still be able to wake up each day, whether rain or shine, we should be able to sing at the top of our voices 'This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice in it',even if the pain and suffering is driving us into the ground.

The following is not in correct paragraphs, just groups into a small few.

If we only considered every one we see or speak to hides their feelings, we all wear a mask, we only share somethings with some people, if we thought, we would be more sympathetic. As for me I have had a life's beating, used to say I was the devil's football, but it gave me strength to keep getting up, hard as it was at times. My mother walked out when I was two and a half, my dad only came home one weekend in four till I was gone eight. I was brought up by a nanny who was a strict Victorian attitude woman. I was so often locked in my room and constantly had illnesses and nightmares. At five I had measles it left me considerably deaf, I had illness after illness. At ten and a half my dad married another woman who was only twenty one, I hated her, issues started between my dad and her and the nanny and all hell broke loose, my younger brother and myself would fight back, setting one against another. At twelve I was made go to church, to learn how to be good, talk about the log in the eye! A new vicar had come to the village, Mr Nice Guy, we were encouraged into the choir, then to the vicarage, then sexually abused, I broke away twice but he gave my brother and two mates sweets and cakes, eventually I went back and it happened again, same a third time. I was screwed up, becoming wild, I did what I wanted to do, no one would tell me what to do, I hit the drink and had no issues with girls, except now knowing it was sex, I had no second thoughts. I got a job as an apprentice and at seventeen and a half was working inside a concrete tunnel when it all came in, it took five guys to lift it, I was not conscious for two days, I was off work five and a half months, did I get compensation, No! I got loss of wages at £11 per week! I met another girl, it got me away from home, we married, then I started playing the field and drinking again, we broke up, I went back to try make a go of it, she became pregnant with twins. I was in a dilemma, what could I do, couldn't go back it would break up again, only now I had met another woman, the first person ever to love me. I didn't know love, I created my own life, but this was different. We cried, then my first wife met another guy, they wanted to adopt the children, I didn't want to allow it, I knew I had to, eventually it was allowed I would never see them again. The woman I let, the first person to love me, is my wife of over forty years and she still loves me though we been through lots more together. I became a workaholic, I have since been told it was because I was always running away from the past, my business grew and grew, temptation always comes, then a strange thing happened, my landlord increased my rent by over 50%, I was fiery in those days, I gave him a months notice thinking I would get another place, it didn't happen and we lost everything. It was hard times, a friend had tried to introduce me to Jesus, I told him where to go, but not politely, Bible basher.

Then a door opened and we moved 300 miles and made a fresh start, but it was not plain sailing and there were issues after issue. But out of the blue I started to read Everyday with Jesus, then one day I said to my wife, 'I am going to church on Sunday', she said WHAT! She know how I had bitterly rejected anything to do with God, Jesus etc, I hated the vicars guts. But it happened. My wife was so convinced I wouldn't go she drove me there, she dropped me off and watched. It was an anglican church though it didn't mean much to me at the time, but the Sunday I decided to go, the Sunday my wife took me, the place was closed! Closed on a Sunday! I saw a lady near the hall, she said everyone was at the mother church it was a special service, I said where is that, she told me. I got in the car my wife asked what was wrong, I said it is closed, they at the mother church, she said she knew where it was and asked did I want to go, I said yes, there was 5 minutes left! I went and it was packed, I didn't know this many people went to church! I walked down the isle couldn't find a seat, then I found one so sat and pretended to pray. Everyone got up so I did also, a lady came over took her coat and walked away nodding to the man next to me. Then I saw the sign, 'Church Warden'. For the next hour and a bit I was certain this guy was going to have a go at me for pinching his wife's seat, this was the world, that was as I was. Those who knew me always said, if I didn't like someone they may as well be dead! Nothing I am proud of but I had to fight in life, what ever I did I was knocked down, I get up and fight till next time, and next time. Time went on and I had repented and given my life to the Lord, but the fight was inside not outside now, every time I prayed I broke down, I was being set free. I was a SINNER, big time, I was an adulterer, I had married a previously marries woman (who loves me) she was a sinner and an adulterer, but I was washed clean, every sin wiped away. I wanted this for my wife also, but it wasn't meant to be, a raging spiritual battle started, she set against me and set the kids against me, how can this be, I come to God through Jesus and my wife was going to leave me, with the kids, I had already lost three previously. It got so bad I couldn't have my Bible on show in the house, I even had to stop going to church to try save the marriage. But God provides, His ways are not our ways, as hard as things are a little light will show at times, I had to stop going to church and then incredibly, in my work, I met a guy and his wife, later to find he was a retired Pentecostal minister. I had fellowship with them in my lunch breaks, they know I had issues before I told them, but I never told them everything. Eventually I managed to go back to the first church, but still had fellowship with the couple, but things were far from right, they also picked up I had many issues and again I only shared so much.When you been hurt in life so many times you trust no one, no one would hurt me again! I shared a little with 7 people, from 3 different churches, none of the groups knew the others. They all knew there were family issues, I had gone that far, they all know I was frightened of losing my wife and two children, they did not know about the other three. Strangely we all prayed the same, 'Lord restore my family and make it whole',only when I laid it at the alter, at the feet of our I Lord I prayers the same words but restore All my family and make it whole. We prayed for three and a half years, then I heard from a daughter from the first marriage, then the son, but one held back. Incredibly a few months later after meeting the first one, another incredible story about that, the other girl wanted contact also. And it all happened, and we went to the lasts ones wedding seven months later, and my first wife and present wife were all there. God is incredible but He had work to do on me and I wasn't ready for it. I had shared my past and what happened with the daughter first met, she drained every ounce out of me but I felt she had to be told, meanwhile I was on a low, I saw my doctor and mentioned a counsellor, but was thinking of a Christian counsellor, one was in his practice that morning, and then started eight months of living through everything from three year old onward. After eight month I called an end I had had enough, she felt there was unfinished business, things still lurking that had not been dealt with. Depression hit me like a bulldozer and I lost my job. We moved back 300 miles and then my his and back issues from the accident started and continued to worsen from then on. I hit lower than low, the black hole got deeper and deeper, there was no light at the end of the tunnel and if there was it was probably a train coming my way, I tried to climb out, like up a ladder but the rungs broke and deeper I went. I planned to hang myself, I had even placed orders for tow rope to be delivered, I only needed to add timber to loft hatch and candle wax the nylon rope. My wife found out in time, I do not know how. I was given another hard time question after question, I was the man the provider I couldn't provide anymore, in earthly terms I was a wreck, we talked, well she did most of it and it was mostly questions, Within six months I picked up she did craft, I played on internet so set up a craft business. It grew and grew, disabled yes, unable no, I was not for lying down, I was not for giving up, the fight in me was back, though I was a wreck.

Meanwhile my wife's dad got vascular dementia, it was hard work, but between us we cared for him, but within a year her mum got it also, it was a nightmare. First to see the changes and issues, second to have two of them with it at the same time, her dad lasted just over two to three years form that point, her mum another two years, it was so hard and my wife was so close to her dad. Cutting things short my wife was devastated when her dad died, but he asked her to care for her mother to the end, she did, we did, but she got so close to her mum i the last period, before the home in it, in and out of hospital it was not stop. In the middle of this I had issues also, a double hernia down into my sack, but there was complications, at 40 years old I had another accident, the medical profession gave me 13 prescribed drugs, I was the yellow man in isolation ward, I almost died of liver failure. Although my liver is now stable it is susceptible to drugs and I cannot have anaesthetic, they had to inject my back and do it whilst I was awake, the pain took two years to go. Just prior to the operation, we put the business up for sale, we sold it in weeks, PTL, we were able to move from our rented property as we had lost everything into a bungalow, thanks be to God. My wife's mum and dad passed away and we have been able to move back 300 miles to our new home last June. God works in wonderful yet at time mysterious ways, but he is always at work. Did my wife's parents accept Jesus, we tried but it is doubtful, my wife asks where they are, I have to tell her we won't know until we go to heaven and see. Have our children accepted Jesus, no. But my wife now has, within this last year, never give up, God answers prayer.

You see we all have issues we don't talk about, my wife and myself were married twenty years before she found out much of my past, even then she couldn't understand why I could tell someone else, another woman, a counsellor and not tell her. I was forty before I shared anything, probably 50 before other stuff was shared, now I can, I am free. It doesn't mean I am not suffering daily, I hurt every day, I struggle to hear I am so deaf, I had three strokes between the ages of 54 and 61, each affected my eyes, I have double vision, there is more but I have said enough, we never know what another person is experiencing, we never know how they are trying to cope with one thing or another, Jesus says, love one another as I have loved you, good advice I think, good medicine also. Putting the above to one side I consider myself lucky, I am still on earth, though heaven would be better, I am still alive and can love my wife for all the love she has given me, I can learn scripture and prepare to be with the Lord, my mottle from a young age, there is always someone worse off, if there isn't they are out of it and do not know. But whilst we have breath we can pray for the lost souls and those less fortunate than us.

Sue my heart felt feelings are with you, it is hard when you lose a loved one, I speak only from seeing and helping my wife when she lost her parent, sadly my heart was to cold when I was younger and fighting life from every angle, I had no feelings for my mum who walked out before I was three, it is similar with my dad who lost control and beat us, but they are all forgiven even the vicar who abused at east seven of us that I know about, probably more.

Sorry I have gone on a bit.

Jesus is Lord - Love one another as He loves us.

Dearest Brother Paul, I am so saddened to see your life has had such suffering and pain. I will for sure say a prayer for you and ask The Lord to help you. If this is ok with you ? I hope your life gets better and that you continue to recover.

Loyal
My husband had experienced a lot of negative stuff while growing up -- he found it very hard to talk about, too. Wives can tell when husbands aren't being really open. And men, lots of times, are conditioned to just 'suck it up' and 'live with it'.

Although I am not a Sabbath keeper and believe that The Sabbath is not for Gentiles as St Paul expresses in
Col 2:12 - Saying that We are buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. Christ has - 14 Blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
:16 Any man therefore judging you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an
holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: - :17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world,
why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

But I do believe that all faiths, even sabbath keepers - or Muslims or Catholics - { everyone } has the ful freedom to worship how they choose.

This was not always allowed in most of the world. In England, it was even illegal to say The Lord’s prayer in English - people were burned - at the stake for saying The Lord’s prayer in English. In 1517. seven people were burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church for the crime of teaching their children to say the Lord’s Prayer in English rather than Latin. - - This is why they were burning and torturing and imprisoning people just before they produced the " TRINITARIAN " translation ( Concerning the very translation ) itself being translated by others.
Even after the KJV was produced in 1611 - the Trinitarians still continued to drive people out of England and Europe and expel and persecute people who thought different religious ideologies than they. Many, many Pilgrims and Puritans and Quakers left England because they could not legally exist while being separated from the Church OF England - they would be killed, persecuted and tortured and reduced into nothings of society. They sought to separate from the Church of England; --- King Charles the 1 st and many other Trinitarian Kings - would threaten them with harsh punishments if they did not obey the Church of England in religious faiths and doctrines. Most of them starved to death and died of diseases and other related deaths. Many of them died coming to America.

To the Church OF England - this was just a small, little, tiny, necessary and needed change in their society that really never mattered or affected the entirety of the body of society. This was their attitude. And their attitude when they made their trinitarian translation.

And this was just in England alone. What about the Millions of total victims throughout Europe who suffered at the hands of the Trinitarian Governments. This is why it took the Roman Catholic Church nearly 500 years after Christ to produce a Bible into the Latin / Italian language and why they waited until nearly 2000 years after Christ to make the Bible into any other language on the entire planet outside of Latin / Italian. - while butchering, murdering, slaughtering and persecuting others for their faiths that contradicted their established faith and doctrines.

There were no bibles being translated - it was a death penalty or a prison sentence or Your life was completely destroyed - This is nearly 2000 years after Yahoshua - that it took for there to be a single known Bible translated into any language anywhere on the planet - outside of Latin / Italian, - alone...
Robert Barnes was a protestant reformer who was holding a position as lower level superior - at The University of Cambridge in England in the early 1520s. - As head, Robert Barnes, worked to translate The St. Paul's epistles into the English language - because there had been had no English Bible - because the Catholic Trinitarian Kings would not allow England to have an English Bible translation. Robert Barnes was arrested for working with Miles Coverdale and placed on trial before the Trinitarian court. - - Robert Barnes was given a punishment and sentenced to be publically humiliated by - being made to do public penance by carrying a fuaggot ( a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel. ) to Paul's Cross. Robert Barnes continued onward trying to get the Bible translated and was sentenced to be burned alive at the stake. Robert Barnes escaped and was later re- captured by the Trinitarians and was burned alive at the stake along with two other translators / helpers - found with him.

The Trinitarian Pope worked with the English King and issued an edict that the English Bibles should be burned and the printing presses stopped. Some completed sheets were seized, but Miles Coverdale saved others translation pages. Miles Coverdale was exiled from England’s cities three times and was forced to move from location to location - running to save his life. - This is not even a fraction of the torment, persecution, terrorism, and violence that Trinitarians have committed against people for attempting to translate the Bible- I have extensively read most of the history - I know how much Trinitarians absolutely are completely revolted and un delighted about the idea that the Bible being translated as it was transmitted in the original manuscripts. - - William Tyndale was burned at the stake. Jan Hus was burned at the stake for attempting to make a Bible translation. Van Liesveldt was arrested, charged with heresy and put to death for attempting to make a Dutch Bible. - - John Wycliff’s dead bones were dug up by the Pope and The Pope had them burned and His ashes thrown into the “ Swift “ river
Trinitarians were the dominant military, government and only power that was empowered and dominating - and the only authority. It took the Trinitarians nearly 2000 years to produce a single bible into any other language on the entire planet - outside of a dead, useless and limited Latin Language. And this incomplete, perverted Latin translation was missing whole chapters and was not even finished even after 500 years after Yahoshua - the Roman Catholic Church still was making edits and changes and revising this only existing Latin Bible translation - into the 6 th century. With these facts and also many other facts that I have not mentioned – how could there be chance or expectation that The Bible be translated by Non Trinitarians ?
Read Matthew 5:17:20

Loyal
Dearest Brother Paul, I am so saddened to see your life has had such suffering and pain. I will for sure say a prayer for you and ask The Lord to help you. If this is ok with you ? I hope your life gets better and that you continue to recover.

Thank you for your prayers brother, life is cruel at times, as said, Jesus never said it would be easy but he would always be there for us.

What I have learned in life is, many people, as they get older struggle to cope with the issues age can bring, failing memory, health issues, coping etc. I have seen people who have had a good life literally crumble when they start with health, mobility, memory slowing down and more, but those who have been bashed around all their life, there are many, seem to cope better, they have been knocked down again, they pick themselves up again. I have seen both even Saved Christians, the same applies.

I struggle daily, pain drives you down, not being able to do things is frustrating, but as I learned when I was 17 after the accident when I was crushed inside the concrete tunnel, I was not conscious for two days, I wasn't aware, I was out of it so to speak, but when I came round the was a young guy in the next bed who had been in a bad motor bike accident, his legs etc were corded to the ceiling, from that day to this I always say, 1 - there is always someone worse off, 2 - if there isn't we don't know. It doesn't change issues, it doesn't take pain away, it helps us see things in prospective, it stops us ever thinking 'why me'. I said to a lady doctor recently, I never say why me, she said I would understand if you did, I replied to say why me I would be in effect saying it could be you, or another person, that would be selfish, I never have said why me.

Life has been hard before accepting Christ and after it, but how I managed before I do not know.

Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in Jesus Name, Amen

Thank you brother.

Loyal
My husband had experienced a lot of negative stuff while growing up -- he found it very hard to talk about, too. Wives can tell when husbands aren't being really open. And men, lots of times, are conditioned to just 'suck it up' and 'live with it'.

Dear Sue,

It is very true men are not communicators like women, we close the door on many things, but those who get hardened to these none ending issues can and do not just close the door and lock it, we throw away the key. No one will every hurt us again. We get harder, I learned from a very early age to answer a question with a question which changed to subject, my wife had no idea at all what I had been through.

It is all strange how God works, I hated the vicar, I would cut people up that ever tried to mention, God, Jesus or church. I had a growing business and doing well, then all of a sudden the unexpected change caused us to lose almost everything, so we moved 300 miles to start again. It was here that I started searching, is there a God, if there is why did He allow me to go through so much, no one at this time said anything about God or Jesus, it just started. But again I was secretive, for a year no one knew I was searching, I started privately reading Every day with Jesus, then one day we were in town, WHSmiths book store, I looked at computer mags, my wife looked at women's mags, I walked to the back of the shop, a King James Bible was on the shelf, I couldn't take my eyes off it. Then my wife comes over, she says, what are you doing, she glanced at my eyes then the Bible, she then said, come on car park fee time is nearly up. I was transfixed on the King James Bible, she said to me, are you looking at that, buying it or coming, come on we got to go. So I purchased it. It was after this I said one day I was going to go to church, it was after this the almighty spiritual battle started. I couldn't understand, I had accepted God, accepted Jesus, why was I being punished, why was my marriage on the rocks, my faith was 100%, I knew in my heart Jesus was there, He would help me, but not for many years, being a Christian doesn't mean we will have a trouble free life, if fact the devil loves to hit families and separate them, the world clearly shows this every day. 29 year it took my wife to accept the Lord from me becoming a Saved soul. Never give up.

Prayer does get answered, but always in God's time, we just have to continue in the 3 P's, prayer, patience and peace.

God Bless you sister, be strong and of good faith.

Jesus loves you, I do too.

In His Love forever.

\o/

Loyal
Sorry guys that was not expected, I blame Br. Bear, but in a brotherly way :smile:

Back on topic. Are We In The End Times?

Definitely, without doubt, O Come Lord Jesus, Amen

Active
@KingJ
I can understand your reasoning but am still not convinced brother.

Let us look at the 19 Virgin parable.

Matthew 25:1-13 (NKJV)
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

This chapter continues and concludes our Saviour's discourse, which began in the foregoing chapter, concerning his second coming and the end of the world. This was his farewell sermon of caution, as that, John 14:15,16, was of comfort to his disciples; and they had need of both in a world of so much temptation and trouble as this is. The application of that discourse, was, Watch therefore, and be also ready.

John 14:15-16 (NKJV)
14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Continuing to consider these cautions, in this chapter, we have three parables, the scope of which is to quicken us all with the utmost care and diligence to get ready for Christ's second coming, which, in all his farewells to his church, mention was made of, as in that before he died (John 14:2), in that at his ascension (Acts 1:11), and in that at the shutting up of the canon of the scriptures, Rev 22:20. We are therefore to prepare for Christ's coming;
1 - That we may then be ready to attend upon him; and this is shown in the parable of the ten virgins (Matt 25:1-13).
2 - That we may then be ready to give our account to him; and this is shown in the parable of the three servants or parable of the gold bags (Matt 25:14-30).
3 - That we may then be ready to receive from him our final sentence, and that it may be to eternal life; and this is shown in a more plain description of the process of the last judgement, parable of the sheep and the goats. (Matt 25:31-46). These are things of awful consideration, because of everlasting concern to every one of us.

As I am reading, it appears to me that the warnings in the Ten Virgins, is for believers, for the saved.

I feel it would be interesting here, and beneficial to all, to hear other brothers and sisters comments to these scriptures.

Peace be with you \o/
Jesus and Paul both spoke to all in attendance as though they are saved. This is how we are to address a congregation as there is truth to being sanctified if you are in attendance. Example in 1 Cor 7:14. It states that an unbelieving spouse can be sanctified by the believer in a relationship.

However this does not mean all in attendance are born again Christians. The ten virgins are not ten born again Christians. One could only become a BA Christian after the cross. When one is born again they are like the 5 that had oil in their lamps. A BA Christian is grafted in to God's family. A BA Christian is never waiting to be grafted in.

Obviously there are very mixed views on this site. I feel as though more lean toward your position. It is not bad that we disagree. I agree with the importance of daily judging and examining ourselves as we can ''think'' we are saved and not be saved. However, I feel ''you guys'' just don't properly grasp God.

God does not make mistakes. He removed the devil from His presence for all eternity. No mistake there. As Jesus says in 1 John 3:8 'He has been sinning from the beginning'. He has never wanted to repent. Likewise, God does ''not'' graft a devil into His family. Only devils go to hell. People who can't repent. People who don't want oil in their lamps. There are no people going to hell by ''mistake''. God is not a fool.

Loyal
The verses you quote say He does not come as a thief to 'us' (1 Thess 5:2). We have ears to hear, we watch for the signs and we are His bride, ready and waiting.

Those who are not His bride. The unsaved. To them His coming will be sudden and unexpected.

This argument touches on two more important concepts. 1. OSAS and 2. God having a different to scripture code of ethics. Just regarding the second, what I mean for example is God is righteous in all His ways. He does not change. If in the past He did X because of Y. He will repeat. God is in a sense ''predictable'' on sin. Sinful environments. Sinners being sold-out to sin. We know Him. We know what to expect. He is not going to be like '''Oh, I have changed, I am now less patient or more patient, or partial, or I just wanted to prove you all wrong''.

I agree, He is coming soon. I put it at now to ten years.

For a Christian to be 'sleeping' now is concerning. As you noted many prophecies now fulfilled. I am literally just waiting for the temple to be built and then for the anti-christ to reveal himself therein.

Matthew 25:1-13 The Ten Virgins

Following on from post #91

It is important here to consider, as I stated in the post, we are not just looking at Matthew 25:1-13, this chapter continues and concludes our Saviour's discourse, which began in the foregoing chapter, concerning his second coming and the end of the world. This was his farewell sermon of caution, as that, John 14:15,16, was of comfort to his disciples; and they had need of both in a world of so much temptation and trouble as this is. The application of that discourse, was, Watch therefore, and be also ready.

Continuing to consider these cautions, in this chapter, we have three parables, the scope of which is 'to quicken us all' with the utmost care and diligence to get ready for Christ's second coming, which, in all his farewells to his church, mention was made of, as in that before he died (John 14:2), in that at his ascension (Acts 1:11), and in that at the shutting up of the canon of the scriptures, Rev 22:20. We are therefore to prepare for Christ's coming;

As I am reading, it appears to me that the warnings in the Ten Virgins, is for believers, for the saved, you may disagree brother, your argument is valid for consideration, we should always have an open mind or the Spirit is restricted, but reconsidering I still feel it is a warning to be ready, to be prepared, maybe especially for the backsliders in faith.

Taking your last comment this comes to mind, and it is in the next chapter...

Matthew 26:39-41 (NKJV)
39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."
40 Then He came to the disciples and found them asleep, and said to Peter, "What? Could you not watch with Me one hour?
41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

I am still of the same mind brother, it is a warning to believers.

Peace be with you \o/

Active
Matthew 25:1-13 The Ten Virgins

Following on from post #91

It is important here to consider, as I stated in the post, we are not just looking at Matthew 25:1-13, this chapter continues and concludes our Saviour's discourse, which began in the foregoing chapter, concerning his second coming and the end of the world. This was his farewell sermon of caution, as that, John 14:15,16, was of comfort to his disciples; and they had need of both in a world of so much temptation and trouble as this is. The application of that discourse, was, Watch therefore, and be also ready.

Continuing to consider these cautions, in this chapter, we have three parables, the scope of which is 'to quicken us all' with the utmost care and diligence to get ready for Christ's second coming, which, in all his farewells to his church, mention was made of, as in that before he died (John 14:2), in that at his ascension (Acts 1:11), and in that at the shutting up of the canon of the scriptures, Rev 22:20. We are therefore to prepare for Christ's coming;

As I am reading, it appears to me that the warnings in the Ten Virgins, is for believers, for the saved, you may disagree brother, your argument is valid for consideration, we should always have an open mind or the Spirit is restricted, but reconsidering I still feel it is a warning to be ready, to be prepared, maybe especially for the backsliders in faith.

Taking your last comment this comes to mind, and it is in the next chapter...

Matthew 26:39-41 (NKJV)
39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."
40 Then He came to the disciples and found them asleep, and said to Peter, "What? Could you not watch with Me one hour?
41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

I am still of the same mind brother, it is a warning to believers.

Peace be with you \o/
Quickened to be saved. We are saved.

We need to grasp 1. what it takes to become a Christian, 2. grasp what a Christians purpose on earth is and 3. grasp God.

1. To be a Christian, we need to lay our lives down for Jesus Matt 16:24. Laying down our lives means we truly repent of our prideful sins Psalm 51:17. God judges this depth of intent Jer 17:9-11 and if we pass, He reveals Jesus to us Matt 16:16-17, 1 Cor 12:3. Laying our lives down is the greatest act of love John 15:13. That is why those in the end days will go straight to heaven Rev 2:10.

We must keep oil in our lamps to be raptured? We have done way more then merely refill our lamps. Perhaps for a Jew before the cross who could not be a born again Christian. They would need to consider 'being ready'.

2. A Christian is on earth for two reasons. 1. Grow closer to God and 2. Serve God / build up rewards in heaven. Not 3. lose salvation.

If a Christian was kept on earth and tested beyond their means to the point that they ''not have oil in their lamps'' or lose their salvation in anyway, it implies God is wicked in that He would be partial. The thief next to Jesus is taken to heaven immediately but those who are born again new creations, passed God's judgement Jer 17:9-11 and yet He keeps on earth to serve Him ''more'' at the real risk of them losing their crown and going to hell for all eternity? That is just simply an absolutely insane belief. It truly mocks God and Christianity. God is impartial Acts 10:34. No 'true' Christian on earth is kept here at the risk of them losing their salvation.

3. God does not make mistakes. Grafting a devil into His family / eternal life is a mistake. God judges properly. He is not a fool.

Loyal
@KingJ

I agree, but there is also the statement, those who are least in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Can you not see this as part of the statement? I can.

Active
@KingJ

I agree, but there is also the statement, those who are least in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Can you not see this as part of the statement? I can.
To get to heaven / be raptured one has to be a born again Christian. Washed by the blood of Jesus.

There are ranks among ourselves. Definitely. Some choose to serve God more then others. But, we have ''all'' laid our lives down for Him. You are ''not'' ever going to be given a revelation of Jesus and be a born again Christian if you cannot follow Matt 16:24.

No born again Christian who has laid their life down for Jesus is going to be among the virgins left behind.

Imagine saying to a friend who takes a bullet for you in the army. Well dude, you took a bullet for me, thanks, but since you didn't keep with feeding the poor, you are not welcome on the plane home. There is no seat for you. Is that what you are proposing?

Loyal
To get to heaven / be raptured one has to be a born again Christian. Washed by the blood of Jesus.

There are ranks among ourselves. Definitely. Some choose to serve God more then others. But, we have ''all'' laid our lives down for Him. You are ''not'' ever going to be given a revelation of Jesus and be a born again Christian if you cannot follow Matt 16:24.

No born again Christian who has laid their life down for Jesus is going to be among the virgins left behind.

Imagine saying to a friend who takes a bullet for you in the army. Well dude, you took a bullet for me, thanks, but since you didn't keep with feeding the poor, you are not welcome on the plane home. There is no seat for you. Is that what you are proposing?

@KingJ
I am in full agreement with what you say, except I keep an open mind on the 10 Virgins parable, and others related to it in Matthew 24 & 25.

As you say there are different views on this passage, on here and in the commentaries, it is not life and death (for us), but it is always good to discuss and debate the meaning of verses in scripture, in context of course.

May the good Lord Bless you brother.

In His Love \o/

Loyal
Jesus and Paul both spoke to all in attendance as though they are saved. This is how we are to address a congregation as there is truth to being sanctified if you are in attendance. Example in 1 Cor 7:14. It states that an unbelieving spouse can be sanctified by the believer in a relationship.

However this does not mean all in attendance are born again Christians. The ten virgins are not ten born again Christians. One could only become a BA Christian after the cross. When one is born again they are like the 5 that had oil in their lamps. A BA Christian is grafted in to God's family. A BA Christian is never waiting to be grafted in.

Obviously there are very mixed views on this site. I feel as though more lean toward your position. It is not bad that we disagree. I agree with the importance of daily judging and examining ourselves as we can ''think'' we are saved and not be saved. However, I feel ''you guys'' just don't properly grasp God.

God does not make mistakes. He removed the devil from His presence for all eternity. No mistake there. As Jesus says in 1 John 3:8 'He has been sinning from the beginning'. He has never wanted to repent. Likewise, God does ''not'' graft a devil into His family. Only devils go to hell. People who can't repent. People who don't want oil in their lamps. There are no people going to hell by ''mistake''. God is not a fool.

King J. -- Your third paragraph -- "I agree with the importance of daily judging and examining ourselves as we can 'think' we are saved and not be saved'.
You're suggesting that 'every single day' we have to be concerned about retaining our salvation? That is No way for any one to have to live. And there's no need To live in constant concern For our salvation. That's suggesting that we need to be constantly making sure we're doing the Right thing or Else. And That is Not Scriptural.
Once a person Has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior -- the Holy Spirit Does come to indwell them and there is an instant inner peace that is felt by the person. And the Holy Spirit will Not leave the born-again believer until they are with Jesus Christ.

And Then you're saying "I feel 'you guys' just don't properly grasp God." Which suggests that You Do and since 'we' don't agree with You that it Must be Us that don't properly grasp God.
Well -- Other than you sounding just a tad bit arrogant............

And Scripture / God's Word says that the lake of fire and brimstone is only meant For satan, the beast and the false prophet -- it is Also the final place for eternity for those who do Not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Those who say No to God's gift Of salvation.

The cross of Christ has made it possible for All human beings to go to heaven. And only God the Father knows who won't be in heaven. We Are told to share the Gospel unto salvation with All who will listen. There are none who Can't repent. There are those who Won't repent. And there's a difference.

And , you're right -- there are No people going to heaven Or hell by mistake. God knows each of our hearts. And our actions Do tell the inner story. By their fruits we Will know them.

Loyal
Quickened to be saved. We are saved.

We need to grasp 1. what it takes to become a Christian, 2. grasp what a Christians purpose on earth is and 3. grasp God.

1. To be a Christian, we need to lay our lives down for Jesus Matt 16:24. Laying down our lives means we truly repent of our prideful sins Psalm 51:17. God judges this depth of intent Jer 17:9-11 and if we pass, He reveals Jesus to us Matt 16:16-17, 1 Cor 12:3. Laying our lives down is the greatest act of love John 15:13. That is why those in the end days will go straight to heaven Rev 2:10.

We must keep oil in our lamps to be raptured? We have done way more then merely refill our lamps. Perhaps for a Jew before the cross who could not be a born again Christian. They would need to consider 'being ready'.

2. A Christian is on earth for two reasons. 1. Grow closer to God and 2. Serve God / build up rewards in heaven. Not 3. lose salvation.

If a Christian was kept on earth and tested beyond their means to the point that they ''not have oil in their lamps'' or lose their salvation in anyway, it implies God is wicked in that He would be partial. The thief next to Jesus is taken to heaven immediately but those who are born again new creations, passed God's judgement Jer 17:9-11 and yet He keeps on earth to serve Him ''more'' at the real risk of them losing their crown and going to hell for all eternity? That is just simply an absolutely insane belief. It truly mocks God and Christianity. God is impartial Acts 10:34. No 'true' Christian on earth is kept here at the risk of them losing their salvation.

3. God does not make mistakes. Grafting a devil into His family / eternal life is a mistake. God judges properly. He is not a fool.

What it takes to become a Christian / born-again believer / acknowledging our need For salvation -- acknowledging that nothing we can ever do on our own will gain us our salvation. That our salvation is a gift of God -- that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for our sins, that he was buried and that He rose again bodily from the grave on the third day. That His shed blood on the cross is all that's needed For our salvation. And that , yes, we are sorry for our sins, not sorry that we got Caught -- but that we Did sin. And that because Of our sins -- we do not deserve heaven -- we Deserve death -- the consequence Of sin is death. And eternal life spent separated from God. That being in hell. And That is where the cross of Christ comes in -- Christ died In our Place - on the cross - shed His pure blood For our sins -- went to hell For us and rose back up From hell For us. So -- 'we' acknowledge in our heart that it was done for 'me' personally. And Thank you for Your gift Of salvation. Amen.

There is No -- Passing or Failing in our good works to be accepted.

And there is no having to be willing do Die for Christ in order To be saved.

People were saved in the Old Testament by looking forward To the cross. Accepting that it Would happen and believed in the Coming promise. Though the Jewish people as a whole Did reject Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah -- those Who Did accept Him would be / are saved just like anyone else.

Believers are left here on earth After our salvation to honor and glorify God in their daily lives. That, in turn, those who are still lost , Will see Christ in our lives and be wanting to know More about Him. and , hopefully Also accept Him as their personal Savior.

And we Are to be growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

And every person alive Can know , for certain, that they Will be in heaven with God for eternity. And no one will loose their salvation. Once saved Always saved. God's promise.

Thank you Brother-Paul for the most wonderful response.

You are the kind of person who I myself looks to and thinks that very thought of acknowledging that there is always someone else out there who has it hard in life too. It is people like you who give people hope and the strength to endure by trusting in Lord, Yahoshua The Anointed and He uses people like you to show the strength of God.

I have thought about the End Times and about how close we are for many, many years and I just thinking to myself after all this time - I think - " man, it sure seems like it could be such a long, long time before the world will show these foretold prophetic signs of completely falling apart. "

But I understand what you are saying, Yahoshua could return this very moment and rapture his bride to heaven, where he sits on the father's throne. We really do not know for sure at what time. But I truly believe that the world is still a long way off from being close to the conditions described concerning the Tribulation prophecies. I also believe with all of my heart that so many Christians are following The Roman Catholic dogmas and doctrines when they preach that God is a trio, triplets. threesome or triage or trinity, this type of language simply does not exist anywhere in the manuscripts. And I tried to demonstrate at least two places where the Translation was changed by the Trinitarian Translators. And there are many, many other examples that I could show about this.

Today, for me personally, I have unanswered questions that Trinitarians have never answered concerning the Trinity.

I am sorry to disagree but I can not understand why that if Trinitarians are correct in their translation, one of my questions is " why would Yahoshua have to LOWER Himself and take on the role or morph or form of a MAN or LOWER HIMSELF to be a servant of God - IF THAT WAS WHAT or who HE ALREADY always WAS and always will be ? And another
question I have is - Where do Trinitarians believe that Yahoshua existed before he was to sit at the right hand of God and where do Trinitarians believe that Yahoshua will sit or exist after his enemies are a footstool ?
If Yahoshua was moved to sit at the right hand of God - until his enemies were a footstool, why was he to sit there if that is where he already was. And where do Trinitarians believe or claim that he will he sit or exist after his enemies are a footstool
? - Meaning = if he was to sit at the right hand - until - such and such a time. Why was he asked to sit there, if that is where he always existed. ?
It just honestly seems to me that Trinitarians leave Yahoshua eternally sitting at the right hand of the father and they do this by changing and deleting and adding words in the translation...... The Translation makes it seem that this is where he always existed and always will be for all of eternity.

I do not believe that Trinitarians are not saved or going to heaven - I love Trinitarians dearly but I just do not see this teaching in the manuscripts. Honestly, I see that the manuscripts have been altered with added, deleted and modified and added words to reflect teachings that were developed by Rome.

Regardless I wish the best to all of you and I look forward to the day when we can see one another in heaven. God bless you. Thank you.