• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are We Blessed ?

How Does God Bless Us?

Does God bless us by giving us everything we think we should have, even if it's bad for us?

Does God bless us by always letting us have our way whether it's the best way for us, or not?

Does God bless us by letting us get away with self-destructive behavior?

Does God bless us by letting us mistreat other people with
impunity?

Does God bless us by giving us more responsibility, more money, or more fame, than we can handle?

Does God bless us by allowing us to never face the consequences of our actions?

Does God bless us by never allowing us to struggle or overcome difficulty?

If God blessed us in any of those ways, He would not be a good Father.

God blesses us by changing us into what we should be. He makes us to " BE a blessing ". That puts us into God's category, where we can enjoy fellowship with Him , which is the greatest blessing.

GENESIS 12:2 NIV
2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I
will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.

We at TalkJesus Thank you Lord for your blessing !
:love: :boy_hug: :computer: Mike

Administrator
Staff Member
Amen brother! When GOD blesses us do we thank Him? I sure hope so.

I am very blessed that I have no right to complain about anything in life aside the typical minor grumbles of the "rocks" we step on I guess you can call it.

GOD blesses us even though we are sinners, do we share this blessing with others or selfishly keep it to ourselves? Do we bless others for GOD's glory also?

Praise GOD, look around and you will see you are blessed beyond imagination

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
God blesses us by changing us into what we should be. He makes us to " BE a blessing ". That puts us into God's category, where we can enjoy fellowship with Him , which is the greatest blessing.

Wow!!
Awesome brother Mike. Instead of looking for a blessing from God, like a product or service, for the price of our faith. We should become the product/service of his blessing which is fellowship with him.

Think about it. We go to church, give our 10%. We pray and worship him and then stand with our hands out looking for our blessing, as if he owes us something. When all along, his blessing is his presence. His blessing is our church, our 90% we keep, our time spent in prayer and worship!

Now it is our turn to be a blessing to others by spreading the good news. It is our turn to be a blessing to God by lifting up the name of his son Jesus. My children are a blessing to me...it's my turn to be a blessing to my father as well.

Thank you brother for stirring up the Spirit in me this morning. What a blessing you have been to the talk Jesus church!

God bless,
Nigh

Thanks for the feedback . Praise God for his Holy Spirit who reveals all truth to us through Gods Word . Peace be with you . MikeT4G

He will

Yep, he bless us like a gentel daddy amen. Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

MikeT4G said:
How Does God Bless Us?

Does God bless us by giving us everything we think we should have, even if it's bad for us?

Does God bless us by always letting us have our way whether it's the best way for us, or not?

Does God bless us by letting us get away with self-destructive behavior?

Does God bless us by letting us mistreat other people with
impunity?

Does God bless us by giving us more responsibility, more money, or more fame, than we can handle?

Does God bless us by allowing us to never face the consequences of our actions?

Does God bless us by never allowing us to struggle or overcome difficulty?

If God blessed us in any of those ways, He would not be a good Father.

Thanks for the post, Mike. Those "blessings" you list are, of coursea, only blessings in the world's eyes. People are cursed by such things, not blessed.

I used to chase some of those "blessings". Now I praise God for the fact that I was protected from receiving most of them. Of course, using my fleshly creativity I did bring some of them down on myself. However, in His great mercy, God is delivering me from the consequences of that.

SLE

About a year ago God started to speak to me about Blessings so I started in Genesis and wrote down the book and every single scripture with the word blessing to the end of revelation it took me over 8 months to complete.Now I have to go back an write out each scripture 3 pages of them in fine print and realy study their meaning. Im looking forward to what I find one thing I know so far blessings come from Thanking God and sometimes God will give you what you want even though he knows its not right for you. Thank YOU LORD for these BLESSED friends here whos feet carry the gosple.

Surely he blesses us in ALL situations time & places. It how we view these things. He also takes us through times & trials for our good.

Hi Mike & dear friends,

Thank you so much for sharing your blessings with me this morning. It has brought a renewed joy within my heart for this day. All I can say is what an awesome God we have.

"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts." - Psalm 145:2-4 (NIV)

God bless you all,
Snowrose

Snowrose said:
Hi Mike & dear friends,
Thank you so much for sharing your blessings with me this morning. It has brought a renewed joy within my heart for this day. All I can say is what an awesome God we have.
"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts." - Psalm 145:2-4 (NIV)
God bless you all,
Snowrose

Thank you sister . :love: God is truly an awesome and careing God . He catches your tears before they hit the ground ! Thanks for the scripture verse . His name is great and his Mercy endures forever . :boy_hug: Mike

Romans 8:28 says that "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His plan." This means that the trials I face are blessings even though I don't want to view them that way.

God spoke to me (in my heart) recently, saying: "There should never be a truly bad day in the life of a believer because of the truth of Ro 8:28."

SLE