• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are Separation and divorce allowed in Christianity?

As i grew up in a Staunch Born Again family, we were groomed into Christian Doctrines and marriage was one of them.
Paul Says its one of these two that should separate a married couple
1. Death
2. Adultery

But of recent in many staunch born again churches in my country(Uganda) and worldwide i read articles in news papers of pastors separating and with their wives filing for divorce because of small issues that are not adultery.

The Pastor marries another woman and also the wife does the same and this has become a trend to even the flocks in church, but for me i think and i believe its not right because Paul says if a man finds his wife guilty of adultery, the two can separate but not to remarry while the other is still alive

My question is, Do Christian Doctrines evolve with time or its believers trying to compromise with sin?

Active
Malachi 2:16 For God hates divorce, he hates lying to! (Proverbs 6:16-19) has a believer ever lied after becoming being born again? SURE! Another words brother Mugoya who am I to judge another? Rom 2:1-5 please pay attention to verse 4 here brother.And Matt 7:3-8 let me pay attention to my House rather then look at other people's homes.I know many couples who got married and then for the reasons you gave,and for other reasons got a divorce. Consider this.

If a believer has married an unbeliever to start with,they have already made a mistake. 2Cor 6:14 Also between 2 believers can ones union become a lie to one or the other or both? Why not? Not looking to give excuses,but at the same time these things are true never the less. ( Rom 8:1) God himself divorced! ( Jer 3:6-8) But which one hates one can also preform according to both there own will and for there own peace!( Phil 4:7-9)

For these people as far as I am concerned brother I give the same grace to,as I myself will always need!( 2 Peter 3:18) I know there are some who tend to judge others very harshly in areas of there life,but I measure them by the same standard as I believe God wishes to look at me in daily!!!( Phil 4:7-9!!!) The only sin the blood of Jesus cannot cover is unbelief! Only God and that person know there own heart!( 1 Sam 16:7) I am to love others no matter what!( Proverbs 17:17) Not judge them! That brother is how I see it.

Administrator
Staff Member
But of recent in many staunch born again churches in my country(Uganda) and worldwide i read articles in news papers of pastors separating and with their wives filing for divorce because of small issues that are not adultery.

Irrelevant what the world or people say. God's Word is truth and final. Stick with that.

Loyal
Sometimes marriage relationships get really messed up -- due to 'whatever'. Trying to work Through conflict is hard to do but it Can be done. And, forgiveness isn't usually Easy , but it's important.

And , at times, separating is needed.

And, sometimes -- Years after being divorced -- people Do find another person they can relate to in that special way. It would depend on the reason for the divorce in the 1st place. And, close friendship Is nice. People don't Have to be married to have good, close friendships.

Active
As i grew up in a Staunch Born Again family, we were groomed into Christian Doctrines and marriage was one of them.
Paul Says its one of these two that should separate a married couple
1. Death
2. Adultery

The Pastor marries another woman and also the wife does the same and this has become a trend to even the flocks in church, but for me i think and i believe its not right because Paul says if a man finds his wife guilty of adultery, the two can separate but not to remarry while the other is still alive

My question is, Do Christian Doctrines evolve with time or its believers trying to compromise with sin?
Both. That someone has to stay with someone who wants to murder them or rapes the kids is taught by church, but not Biblical. Thats from ppl who dont know the o.t. and dont ask christian Jews who know the law. If a slave was treated bad she could divorce and was free to remarry. Jesus only said you could not divorce for any cause. If an unbeliever leaves youre free to remarry. The murderer can call himself a christian but you may not even eat w such a person and hes not in the Light.
Adultery, you can remarry. The marriage is broken. God did that. He divorced Israel for adultery and married the church and goes back to Israel, which was forbidden by law for them to go back to the first Spouse, but now possible through Jesus' death.
I'm an ex pastor's wife and I divorced and remarried. That was both sin. We fell from our faith and lived in hate. It is not the unforgivable sin though.
We could fix everyones marriage but noone could help us. I called a pastor, a christian psychologist. No time. Only Canada wanted to help if you paid a fortune and the psychologist wanted a fortune too. Dont judge too fast. The devil is after those marriages. A satanist said oh we curse ppl like you. Whole church collapsed. I tried to commit suicide. Remarried an atheist on drugs from the mental hospital. My mom kept praying. It's a miracle I didnt go to hell.

Last edited:
Active
Even David Wilkerson says that in some cases it's not sin to remarry. I stay with Jesus though. I don't care if I may or may not. I don't want to.
He said: marry Me. Time is short. They were marrying and giving into marriage.

It's a Jezebel doctrin that you can just divorce and remarry when you want.

Active
How on earth can they say: stay alone? We had a couple in church. 18 years she wanted no sex. He got it on the street from men and women. He repented. They divorced finally and now he has a new wife. If you force that man to stay single, better not. Not smart. I don't believe it's sin that they divorced and he remarried. The no sex and adultery was sin.

Loyal
The Bible says there are two reasons you can get divorced, and two reasons you can re-marry.

Matt 5:31; "It was said, 'WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE';
Matt 5:32; but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

If they are unfaithful, you can divorce them. It isn't mandantory, but it's an option.

1 Cor 7:14; For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.
1 Cor 7:15; Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

If a Christian is married to an unbeliever, and the unbeliever decides to leave you... you are free to marry.. you are not under "bondage" of the law in this case.
But that's only if they leave you. Not if you decide to leave them.

Rom 7:2; For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband.
Rom 7:3; So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.

Finally, if your spouse dies.... you are free from the law (of divorce) and allowed to re-marry.

1 Tim 5:11; But refuse to put younger widows on the list, for when they feel sensual desires in disregard of Christ, they want to get married,
1 Tim 5:14; Therefore, I want younger widows to get married, bear children, keep house, and give the enemy no occasion for reproach;