• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Anyone help with this one?

I have now come into contact with two "messianic jews" here at tj.Purely in an academic sense can any of you guys fill me in on their belief system,background etc.I like to have a rounded knowledge of the various faiths i come into contact with and am not to proud to admit i know little on this subject.Any input appreciated.

Came across with your post. They believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah and they are multipying fast in Jerusalem. That's all I know. God bless you brother. Peace is with us.

They are jewish people who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I have a a friend who is a messianic Jew and she still observes the Jewish holidays and also believes the new testament. My brother-in-law's pastor is a Messianic Jew. He is the Pastor of a Assembly of God church. They are rich in knowledge of the old testament and have taught me alot. They both have shed a lot of light on the hebrew traditions that are mentioned in the bible. The bible says in the end times their numbers will multiply. hope this has helped you. Praise the Lord that they are here on Talk Jesus.

Your sister in Christ

AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

Indeed i have learned much from Messianic Jewish folks. There are some though that press gentile folks that they absolutely need to abserve the traditional sabbaths. Most are not that way and i have been blessed by their acqaintance.

I used to post on a Messianic Jewish forum. There is a variety of differing beliefs within the Messianic movement, They all believe that Jesus whom they call Yeshua is the Messiah. Some seem to hold to the Holy days the Sabbaths also some seem to hold to the Kosher laws but others are more grace based believers. i suppose the spread of beliefs is similar to general Christianity.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

sparky said:
I have now come into contact with two "messianic jews" here at tj.Purely in an academic sense can any of you guys fill me in on their belief system,background etc.I like to have a rounded knowledge of the various faiths i come into contact with and am not to proud to admit i know little on this subject.Any input appreciated.
We had a speaker in our church at Passover to explain to us how Jews who accept Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Saviour still celebrate the Jewish festivals. He went through the celebration of the Passover meal with us, and explained how Jesus can be seen in all the different steps of the meal. It was really fascinating. He belonged to an organisation called Jews for Jesus, which is based in London. I suppose it is similar to the Messianic Jews in Jerusalem.

I made notes on his talk to us, if anyone's interested, I can post them for you to read. Let me know if you do.

Jewel