Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Any other musicians for the Lord out there?

What is your favorite style of Christian music?

• Total voters

Jesusstar

I'd love to hear from other musicians who love to praise God, no matter what style you play. Our God is worshipped in spirit and in truth not according to the style we play :)
Blessings to you,
Mike
www.Jesusstar.com

I don't think you can call me a "musician", but I do play guitar and sing in Church. Slowly working on a band.

I've been playing piano for about 13 years. I started violin 3 1/2 years ago and will soon be picking up sax. I love to sing too. I'm going to study music in college. (also religion...but we aren't talking about that right now)

I used to play the violin..but I quit at around 8! Right now, I'm playing the flute and the palying guitar singing and sometimes playing the bongo in a band. Bongo drums are so much more fun than actual drum sets...well, maybe that's because that's all I can play or can afford lol. I wish I could play the piano. Unfortunately, I dont' have access to a piano to pratcie or to teach myself on, so I dont' believe that's gonna happen anytime soon. I want to study music in university/college so much. i was also thinking about youth ministry...or law - haha not really similar. Anyways, back to music...what are everyone's favorite christian bands??

My favorite group is Third Day. If you have not heard them, check them out. I'm a Youth Pastor, and most of the teens in our group love them.

I really like the sounds of Hillsong Australia Music, Third Day, and also Three Days Grace and DC Talk. I'm a member of music ministry in our church and keep on Praising Him through music.

"your labor is not in vain..."

Hi, I'm a keyboardist, my name is Steve. I lead a praise team that is rock oriented, but plays lots of stuff. I used to play in a gospel-rock band that did all original music, but when i moved to Monterey County, CA, I got involved with praise music, instead. I really love it, and I think I might try my hand in writing; however, there is so much being offered it is probably unneccesary.
I got on this site while looking for a live chat room, but the chat room won't let me in. God bless, and keep on playing.

My wife loves Third Day...and they are growing on me. They sound a little "country" to me though; I prefer Rita Springer, and singers with lots of soul. I also like just about everything I've heard out of Australia, except for PlanetShakers (too mundane...jumping about with enthusiasm doesn't equal great music).

never quit

kiko said:
I really like the sounds of Hillsong Australia Music, Third Day, and also Three Days Grace and DC Talk. I'm a member of music ministry in our church and keep on Praising Him through music.

"Keep on keeping on..." Dr. Burel Burnes

I love Hillsong also.. I'm from Aus so I guess that's not surprising.

I play guitar for Youth Alive Tasmania, and Drums and guitar (and sometimes Bass) in my church and I lead our youth band (sing/guitar) every weekend too.

I love music so much..

markm said:
My favorite group is Third Day. If you have not heard them, check them out. I'm a Youth Pastor, and most of the teens in our group love them.
i play piano and write songs and poems

i also like Third Day

kiko said:

DC Talk is really cool

Jesus Freaks is 1 of my favorite songs(was my favorite, sang it a lot)

God is good. All the time.

[SIZE=3]all musicians[/SIZE]

Im so glad that everyone shared omn thieer experiences when comes to christian music. Hillsong music and third day wow there are balsters theyre are Good.

How bout try one of this group

UNITED, JEFF DEYO, CAEDMONS CALL, CCP, SONIC FLOOD..
try one of those group its a blast...

God bless and Good day

By the way im a worship and song leader in our church..... :shade:

I love to Praise God through song!

I love any kind of worship music. I really love all the contemporary stuff that is out too like, I Could Sing of Your Love Forever 1 & 2, I also own WOW Worship and Sonic Flood. My favorite Christian Artists are Jennifer Knapp, Jars of Clay, Third Day, Out of Eden, Go Fish....I could go on and on. Has any one heard of Stavesacre??? I saw them when I was down in FL a few years ago, and love them. They are heavier if you like that kind of music, check them out! :) I also dabble in acoustic guitar and I have written a couple of songs. I think that's why I love Jennifer Knapp so much :) I've sang in my church a lot and I was in choir all through HS. I've seen quite a few of these artists in concert, and have enjoyed them immensly. Music is just awesome!! I thank God for giving me my talent, and I try and use it every day. Praise The Lord!!

jsburnes said:
My wife loves Third Day...and they are growing on me. They sound a little "country" to me though; I prefer Rita Springer, and singers with lots of soul. I also like just about everything I've heard out of Australia, except for PlanetShakers (too mundane...jumping about with enthusiasm doesn't equal great music).

hahaha...if you see planetshakers live you might change your mind....unbelievably awesome!

My favourite band is MercyMe

I have an album out in Australia called TRUST. I am a singer/songwriter. I only write and sing about God because that is where my heart is

i picked praise but i like all christain music and personally i like gospel and rnband love to sing gospel(like cece winans). I play guitar and some piano and feel so blessed with the way God is using my music. I've always wanted to me a famous singer and win awards and stuff butno i dont because with that i could make money and stuff but with what gods doing im helping touch lives and hearts and thats way better.
-Andrea

Hmm I had a hard choice deciding between rock a metal as my fav kind of christian music, I decided that metel was a form of rock, so rock is my fav. I listen to all kinds of christian music. right now some of my fav bands are, Spoken, Dizmus(they come out with their first cd in june), Flight 180 (got to have the swing), and Five iron frenzy (they might be old and long gone but those guys played some rockin' awsome ska for jesus). Ohh and Extol they're a christian black metal band from norway.

I'm a drummer, and I like all the newer Christian groups, i.e Third day Mercy Me, Jars of Clay, etc.

The only song I DON'T like is the one about the cartoon characters being saved, where they all sing "Halleluia" in their cartoon voices.(sorry, don't know who sings it). My wife and kids love it, but it drives me up a wall!

Oh wow, I never saw this before. That's really cool that all you guys love music. I love music. I love Praising the Lord. I love to sing, but yea, I need some work on it, but hey, you don't have to be professional to praise God. I play a Tenor Sax and piano. I used to play clarinet and I tried learning oboe, guitar, and a couple other instruments. I am sticking with piano and sax even though I still miss the clarinet. I really love orchestra and I love to play it in church band and praise the Lord. God bless you all, bye bye

If you have the Bucks You can get ans interfacing external hardware with software bundle.By the time all is siad and done it's around a grand.Benifits You can participate in laying down tracks for a song.Its like networking recording studios together.Cool eh?PEace JHS CHristan Did you CHeck out the link I sent You?

Back