• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Anthropomorphically speaking, could this be also 1 of “The Signs & Wonders” of “The Coming of “The MORNING STAR”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
A person has to admit they are a sinner to be saved, and confess those sins to Jesus.
A person has to admit they are a sinner in need of Jesus Christ as their Savior and sinners does include religious people that don't believe they need God to save them when they believe they are good enough to enter into Heaven by their works. So how can God keep stuck up religious people out of Heaven? By knowing that they are there because of Jesus Christ and His righteousness and nothing hey did to obtain that righteousness by their effort or will power.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Do you have that faith & hope of the gospel in Jesus Christ or are you still seeking your justification and your salvation by having repented from all sins for whenever that was in your life?
If you admit you are a sinner but don't know your sins, or won't repent of them if you know what they are, then you are like the vipers who came to be baptized.
Again, you did not know all sins you needed to repent when you claim to have gotten saved because you said later on you found other sins you needed to repent of.

So explain by your words why you are not a viper when your words says you are for not knowing ALL your sins that you needed to repent of until later on..
I gave you the scriptures that John says that when they came to be baptized THEY BELIEVED---just like you teach we have to do---but they weren't repenting of their sins! Just like you teach that we don't have to do.
When referring to John the Baptist and his water baptism of repentance for the remission of sins, John was warning the Pharisees that just seeking to be water baptized will avail them not when it is about repentance for why they should show fruit or works unto repentance in order to get that remission of sins for what that water baptism of "repentance" was all about.
You make vipers believe they are saved because they believe!
The gospel is about believing in Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and now having been reconciled and a new creature in Christ, set free from sin, we can believe in Jesus Christ to help us to follow Him daily by departing from sins daily.

Since He is the One that finishes His work in us as He is the author & finisher of our faith, then He is the One that supplies the fruits unto our repentance of believing in Him for all things; not just having salvation, but to live as His disciples.

Active
@GodB4Us

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Here is the rest of the scriptures from Romans that you posted and wanted me to highlight and explain to you.

Notice that Paul says, "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith Lord, who hate beleive our report?"
You kind of made a huge leap from the above reference to the one below when the above reference refers to obeying the gospel by believing that report; i.e. the gospel.
What does Isaiah say?!!!

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the LORD.
There is no mention of repenting from all sins in Paul's presentation of the gospel that you seem to insist all sinners should do before coming to God to be saved by Jesus Christ & get the gift of the holy Ghost at their salvation.

After sinners get saved by believing in Jesus Christ, how hard is it for you to tell them then that with Jesus Christ in them, they have power to follow Him as they can look to Him for help in living a daily life of repentance by the same grace of God they have been saved by? That is what His disciples are supposed to do in teaching them everything He has taught them in order to live that daily life of repentance as well as looking to Him for help to keep His commandments like loving their enemies which commandments such as His are higher than the works of the law.

Matthew 28: 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

See how verse 20 follows after water baptism? What does that tell you? That there are sins they may not be aware of as well as good works they are to do that they should be looking to Him for help as He is the power for following Him since He is with them always.

Active
You are the viper and you are trying to make others vipers.

You speak against Jesus, the Word of God, who says repent or perish.

John the baptizer said they were vipers because they had to repent of their sins and not just believe. You preach just believe.

Luke 3:7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?
You keep referring to John the Baptist's words in regards to his water baptism of repentance for the remission of sins while I keep referring to Jesus' words.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

As those Jews in the wilderness that looked to the serpent on the pole by faith to be healed of the viper's poison, so will any one that looks to Jesus Christ by faith shall have eternal life. Believe in Him, brother.

As it is, after salvation, they can live as sons of God with Jesus Christ in them. Indeed, some preach Jesus as able to save sinners from their habitual sins and they testify to that deliverance while others confess they need Him daily to keep them from going back to those habitual sins.

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: 5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

My question for you is this, do you believe 2 Timothy 4:18 is for saved believers as we hope in Him for or does this hope also applies to sinners as well when they come to & believe in Jesus Christ for salvation?

Active
Paul says you have to be a slave to righteousness to be saved.

We have a choice what we will be a slave to.

They can't know what their sins are are repent of them?!!!

OF COURSE THEY CAN!

You have mixed up beliefs from false preachers. Get the New Testament and find Jesus' teachings and start doing what he says. He starts out saying repent of your sins. You should do that. One of your sins is preaching falseness.
You just ignored everything Paul had said in the scriptures that I had quoted for what it was like for him under the law when he tried to stop sinning religiously.

If he could not do it religiously, until he got saved by Jesus Christ, what makes you think sinners believe they can before they get the Holy Spirit?

Active
You repeat your same folly.

Just do what Jesus says, humble yourself, repent of your sins, call on him to help you, to save you, to give you his Spirit.

The GENTILES WERE WATER BAPTIZED with confessing and repenting of sins.

You say they weren't!

You don't even know that the scripture in Acts about not bothering the Gentiles with anything more is BECAUSE THE GENTILES were talked into the PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL works of the law---the Gentiles were talked into getting circumcised and observing special days.
Why write to the Gentiles believers to abstain from fornication and things offered unto idols if they had already repented of those sins before they got saved?

I dare say, brother, your folly is repeating works as if pertaining to purification when scripture denounces any work for salvation because of what? That by just believing in Him is how we are saved.

Discipleship is not before salvation. That is like putting the cart before the horse. It is no wonder why many sinners walk away from believing in Jesus Christ because of the gauntlet to repent from all sins first without His help.

Jesus Christ came to save sinners from their sins and not just give them eternal life. Wake up.

Active
Not by how you apply Matthew 7:21 as if inferring works to be added in order to obtain salvation.

You have not underlined nor boldened nor highlighted anything in Paul's gospel presentation that requires repenting from all sin or as some others would insists to be water baptized to obtain salvation.
You have to confess with your mouth. We are to confess our sins. Paul says for by confessing we have salvation. You don't even know the simple truth, that we confess our sins to Jesus and believe he forgives our sins.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
I would emphasized verse 11 since it is by believing in Him is how any one would confess Jesus Christ as their Saviour, right? Indeed, one has to believe in Him for them to call on Him to be saved.
We have to believe in him. Believe WHAT IN HIM? Think. You are going against Jesus who says to obey him, to repent of your sins. You say just believe is obeying when he says so much more.
Chew on that for a while, because they have to be saved in order to call Him Lord.
You need to eat the words of God who says to confess your sins, repent of them, AND CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.

The calling on the name of the Lord comes after repenting of sins.
And as far as Matthew 7:21 goes, that is to any saved believer following Him as His disciples as there can be a point when a disciple refuses correction and continues in iniquity for why he is at risk being cut off for being workers of iniquity.
No one is a disciple if they didn't obey.
Note verse 6 in John 15:1-8 below.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Now I tell you, it is not about loss of salvation because the Father chastens those left behind and scourges them too. Look at these saved believers how they are at risk for not resisting sin.
Look at what you did, you posted and read Jesus' words, then you went against him.
Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Now look at the stripes from that Father's scourging for having the measure of knowledge they had for not being ready when they get left behind but still whipped as being His servants & this still saved as His?
You don't get punished as a son until after you are saved and have repented of your sins.
Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

See the connection? Now why would the Father do that for those left behind unless,,, they were saved and still are simply for believing in Jesus Christ for why they will be resurrected after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor.

Why would God have those vessels unto dishonor in His House that did not depart from iniquity? Those vessels of wood and earth testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in Jesus Christ, even in His name.

How else can you explain why the vessels unto dishonor, the vessels of wood & earth, that are in His House for not departing from iniquity other than they were saved by believing in Jesus Christ, even in His name.
Why? Because they didn't obey!

Active
You just ignored everything Paul had said in the scriptures that I had quoted for what it was like for him under the law when he tried to stop sinning religiously.
Paul was speaking about being under the law WITHOUT FAITH!!!!!!!
If he could not do it religiously, until he got saved by Jesus Christ, what makes you think sinners believe they can before they get the Holy Spirit?
The old law was NOT based on faith---some Jews had faith, and some did NOT.
The Jews who did not have faith when Jesus came---they were cut off and thrown out and hardened WHILE Jesus preached.
The Jews who DID have faith before Jesus came, they already belonged to God, they were God's and now they had to go through Jesus TO REMAIN God's.

Active
Why write to the Gentiles believers to abstain from fornication and things offered unto idols if they had already repented of those sins before they got saved?
They just wanted to remind the Gentiles of what they repented of and to keep to that.
I dare say, brother, your folly is repeating works as if pertaining to purification when scripture denounces any work for salvation because of what?
No such thing what you say!
You don't even know what the works of the law are, you think it is the not sinning rules!!! If a Jew would be cut off and put to death for breaking the law, but the purification works of the law are the PURIFYING WORKS.
That by just believing in Him is how we are saved.
You won't see the truth because you go against the very way to receive the truth and understanding.
Discipleship is not before salvation.
What?
They weren't really his disciples if they didn't obey.
That is like putting the cart before the horse. It is no wonder why many sinners walk away from believing in Jesus Christ because of the gauntlet to repent from all sins first without His help.
They won't get help unless they repent.

What you say is just beyond weird and wrong.
Jesus Christ came to save sinners from their sins and not just give them eternal life. Wake up.
You are helping people stay vipers and not get saved.

Ezekiel 33:6
But if the watchman sees the sword coming and fails to blow the horn to warn the people, and the sword comes and takes away a life, then that one will be taken away in his iniquity, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'

Active
What is that supposed to mean? Are you possessed with ploughboy strange talk and eyes now?
Check the :) emojies button and you can find the eyes there just in case you did not know. :eyes:

I am surprise that "John McClane" from Die Hard movies has not come after us for high-jacking the thread.

I suppose it would be tempting for a staff member to create a puppet named John McClane for that purpose and have fun with it whenever a thread gets off to a side topic for too long as a friendly reminder.

It might even serve as a draw for people to join Talk Jesus forum to see that kind of moderation just for fun. Course it could be too much fun that they may highjack threads a lot to see John McClane more often though, because it would be funny to see too.

But anyway, our side topic should end since it is circling the airport & not landing at all.

Active
Check the :) emojies button and you can find the eyes there just in case you did not know. :eyes:

I am surprise that "John McClane" from Die Hard movies has not come after us for high-jacking the thread.

I suppose it would be tempting for a staff member to create a puppet named John McClane for that purpose and have fun with it whenever a thread gets off to a side topic for too long as a friendly reminder.

It might even serve as a draw for people to join Talk Jesus forum to see that kind of moderation just for fun. Course it could be too much fun that they may highjack threads a lot to see John McClane more often though, because it would be funny to see too.

But anyway, our side topic should end since it is circling the airport & not landing at all.
This site is too slow and they should be glad for any discussion going on about God and the Bible.
Of course you think the discussion is going nowhere because you can't find scripture to defend your beliefs against what I said.
I know how to find the emojis, it is just ironic how you started using the eyes emoji and said some things that didn't make sense, like ploughboy does. lol

Active
This site is too slow and they should be glad for any discussion going on about God and the Bible.
Of course you think the discussion is going nowhere because you can't find scripture to defend your beliefs against what I said.
I know how to find the emojis, it is just ironic how you started using the eyes emoji and said some things that didn't make sense, like ploughboy does. lol
Case in point, when there is no exchange where God is ministering to neither one of us, then it is time to drop the exchange rather than be tempted into biting and devouring one another. Correct?

I made the mistake of assuming him a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ that did not like the title of being called a Christian, thanks to his brutal rebuke in explaining things to me in another thread. His "Theology Proper" campaign... no wonder he sees correction in scripture or added scripture for edification purposes in any of his threads or posts as a challenge to his education and all things "Theology Proper". Here I thought he was having a bad day or something. Live & learn.

Just as we should live and learn in dropping any further discussions between us when it is not giving grace to the hearers and so we might as well forgive one another and depart in peace, trusting in God to minster to us in His timing.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Active
Case in point, when there is no exchange where God is ministering to neither one of us,
Don't speak for God. I ALWAYS benefit when speaking of Him, and, you don't know who is reading and benefitting.
then it is time to drop the exchange rather than be tempted into biting and devouring one another. Correct?
I don't bite and devour anyone. You are just saying that because you can't defend your false teachings.
I made the mistake of assuming him a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ that did not like the title of being called a Christian, thanks to his brutal rebuke in explaining things to me in another thread. His "Theology Proper" campaign... no wonder he sees correction in scripture or added scripture for edification purposes in any of his threads or posts as a challenge to his education and all things "Theology Proper". Here I thought he was having a bad day or something. Live & learn.
Yeah it is weird that he says he isn't a Christian.
Just as we should live and learn in dropping any further discussions between us when it is not giving grace to the hearers and so we might as well forgive one another and depart in peace, trusting in God to minster to us in His timing.
Because you can't answer according to scripture you want to speak for God in knowing who is hearing and receiving information?

Active
Don't speak for God. I ALWAYS benefit when speaking of Him, and, you don't know who is reading and benefitting.
Personal benefit aside as those who water can wind up watering themselves, I am referring to the exchange between us. There is no iron sharpening iron here and that should be obvious.
I don't bite and devour anyone. You are just saying that because you can't defend your false teachings.
And you think God can use you to minister to me like that?
Yeah it is weird that he says he isn't a Christian.
Can't stop me nor Jesus praying for him that the Father will draw him unto the Son one day and believe in Him to be saved before He comes as the Bridegroom..
Because you can't answer according to scripture you want to speak for God in knowing who is hearing and receiving information?
By His grace & by His help, I have been answering and God has not caused the increase between either one of us so we should leave it to God to cause the increase later on down the road. Nuff said.

Active
Personal benefit aside as those who water can wind up watering themselves, I am referring to the exchange between us. There is no iron sharpening iron here and that should be obvious.
Because you say so? What is obvious is that you lost the sword fight. I don't even think you have a sword. I think you use a hammer or a pocket knife.
And you think God can use you to minister to me like that?
Like I told you before, you go against God's way of getting understanding. No obedience no understanding.
Can't stop me nor Jesus praying for him that the Father will draw him unto the Son one day and believe in Him to be saved before He comes as the Bridegroom..
You should try to get your false beliefs in line with the truth before you try to do that for others.
Some people wrongly think that the name given to the believers in Christ as being Christians was an insult, it is because they misunderstand the scriptures. Maybe that is why he doesn't want to be called a Christian.
By His grace & by His help, I have been answering and God has not caused the increase between either one of us so we should leave it to God to cause the increase later on down the road. Nuff said.
As I have said before, I always receive an increase when I speak about God, and, you do not know who is reading and receiving benefit.

Loyal
Because you say so? What is obvious is that you lost the sword fight. I don't even think you have a sword. I think you use a hammer or a pocket knife.

Like I told you before, you go against God's way of getting understanding. No obedience no understanding.

You should try to get your false beliefs in line with the truth before you try to do that for others.
Some people wrongly think that the name given to the believers in Christ as being Christians was an insult, it is because they misunderstand the scriptures. Maybe that is why he doesn't want to be called a Christian.

As I have said before, I always receive an increase when I speak about God, and, you do not know who is reading and receiving benefit.
Once again; The Title of This Thread is:

Anthropomorphically speaking, could this be also 1 of “The Signs & Wonders” of “The Coming of “The MORNING STAR”

Never mind, I will request for this “Thread to be close by the Moderator. It has been Diverted from The “Original Title” and to far out of the way to be directed back to the “Original title Thread”

Per Investigation.

Active
Once again; The Title of This Thread is:

When did you last post about it and explain what you are talking about? All I remember you ever saying when asked a question is that you are not anyone's teacher.

Loyal
When did you last post about it and explain what you are talking about? All I remember you ever saying when asked a question is that you are not anyone's teacher.
This “Thread is listed in the Category” entitled:

“Questions about Christianity”.

This channel I do believe is not a Teaching channel by Instructors of The Christian Faith, but a host of conversations about Jesus the Christ of GOD. I do believe it is a type of Fellowship among believers and unbelievers meaning “Nominals”.

Status
Not open for further replies.