• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Animals in Heaven?

Staff Member
I watched this video years ago, and it came to mind again when a Dog that belonged to my daughter, and who me and my wife took care of for almost a year while she was out to sea with the US Navy died.
Which again has me wondering about this very thing, "will our animals be with us in heaven?". The husband and wife team make for a good case for this to be the case. I can't speak for their ministry over the years, but this one video is something that touches the heart of anyone who has ever had an animal for which they cared for.

So, enjoy, and wonder if this is possible, and another reason to rejoice in Christ Jesus!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
I've never been that attached to an animal to wonder.

For human beings to be in heaven -- we need to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Does that apply to the animal world? Can an animal be led to the Lord? No.

But are there animals in heaven? I think the closest thing we have to that is what is spoken of during the 1,000 reign of Christ. -- the lion laying down with the lamb. I Think that's during that time period. There will be peace during that time. Just looked that up --Google is wonderful -- Isaiah 11:6 -10 for context "in that day". A Root of Jesse. An interesting passage.

Staff Member

For human beings to be in heaven -- we need to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Does that apply to the animal world? Can an animal be led to the Lord? No.

But are there animals in heaven? I think the closest thing we have to that is what is spoken of during the 1,000 reign of Christ. -- the lion laying down with the lamb. I Think that's during that time period. There will be peace during that time. Just looked that up --Google is wonderful -- Isaiah 11:6 -10 for context "in that day". A Root of Jesse. An interesting passage.
Dear Sister,
I believe the point of the video was to go over what Scripture says as it pertains to animals actually being in heaven i.e. the returning of the Lord who is in Heaven mentioned in Revelation. Shows that he does so by riding a horse. Where's the Horse come from? Also, not the only rider on a Horse mentioned. Even in the OT when Elijah Ascends to Heaven which is mentioned in 2 Kings, is done on horses of fire. So, in truth the video amongst just the interaction between the speakers does reference Scripture, and other Christians throughout History who also believed this to be true, that there are animals in heaven. So, the point being why not the ones we cared for here?

It also points to what you have stated about sin. However, we know that it was man that sinned in the Garden of Eden and not animals. I know the video is a lot to look through/listen, because there is a lot of by play between the speakers, but there is Scripture included which ties it all together.

I guess it just touches those who have close attachment to animals. That there is a hope that it may be so, that they too will join us, or might already be there. :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
I often wonder about this. I grew up on a farm, had pets growing up and then most of my life. God created all creatures, all before HE created man. When God had finished HIS creation, God saw that it was "very good", and this God saw after HE created all mammals. I have hope that my dog will be in heaven with me; she's been a great companion, always listens to my hymn singing, and never complains or argues over my driving skills or to where I'm driving.

Loyal
It is an interesting topic.

As far as I can see scripture doesn't conclusively tell us whether our pets will make it to heaven, possibly not, as many do worship their pets.

However, it seems the Bible does provide us with some clues regarding whether or not animals will inhabit the new heaven and the new earth.

From the beginning, animals populated the garden of Eden, therefore it would seem right to believing that animals will populate the Restored Eden as well.

Animals, as we know, are among God’s most creative creations. It would therefore seem incredible that he would banish such wonders in heaven.

Genesis 1:20
Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.”

Genesis 1:24-25
24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

The Scriptures, from first to last, include animals

Revelation 8:9
And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

One thing seems certain, scripture provides us with sufficient precedence for believing that animals will inhabit the new heaven and new earth.

Isaiah 11:6
“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.

Over 30 animals. birds or fish are quoted in the Bible, but we must be careful when we consider the horses of the apocalypse as actual animals.

There are many dogs in the countries where the Bible was written, but the people do not like them as well as we do in the west, they do not let them live about their yards and houses. So the dogs go wandering about without any master, and live on whatever they can find in the streets or around the markets.

Scripture talks of all flesh

1Cor 15:39
All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.

Luke goes a step further

Luke 3:6
All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.

We will I believe be pleasantly surprised.

1Cor 2:9
But as it is written:
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

The Bible indicates that animals will exist after our Lord's return and the beginning of the Kingdom

Loyal
I had a spiritual dream from the Lord once, I was floating on small raft in a sea with souls of the dead in the sea. Then I saw some land and the current was taking me there, soon the dead souls disapeared from sight as if they were not allowed closer to the land. As I got closer, I saw people, men and women on the shore waving to me and animals were with them, some were untaimable meat eaters. Not wanting to wait till the raft got there, I jumped in the water to head to shore, but swimming seemed draining to me. I had to stop and tread water a bit to build up strength and then I noticed that a lion had jumped into the water heading out toward me. I was like, "Oh NO! This lion is looking for a meal in me. I thought that it will be a fight that I would lose (me trying to drown the lion and the lion wanting to kill me and drag my body ashore to feast), but as the lion got close to me, he dived down, got under me, and and pushed me higher in the water and propelled me to the shore. Then I lay on the shore tired but amazed and the lion lay down at me side smiling at me. And the people around me and their animals were happy for me that I had arrived. Then I woke up. Later the Lord told me through the Holy Spirit, that the dream was a vision of paradise. Animals were there, plenty of them.

Active
I watched this video years ago, and it came to mind again when a Dog that belonged to my daughter, and who me and my wife took care of for almost a year while she was out to sea with the US Navy died.
Which again has me wondering about this very thing, "will our animals be with us in heaven?". The husband and wife team make for a good case for this to be the case. I can't speak for their ministry over the years, but this one video is something that touches the heart of anyone who has ever had an animal for which they cared for.

So, enjoy, and wonder if this is possible, and another reason to rejoice in Christ Jesus!

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

What a time wasting clip....Took them forever to get to the point

Active

Animals did not sin, Adam did. Animals do not need saving...people do

Staff Member
I had a spiritual dream from the Lord once, I was floating on small raft in a sea with souls of the dead in the sea. Then I saw some land and the current was taking me there, soon the dead souls disapeared from sight as if they were not allowed closer to the land. As I got closer, I saw people, men and women on the shore waving to me and animals were with them, some were untaimable meat eaters. Not wanting to wait till the raft got there, I jumped in the water to head to shore, but swimming seemed draining to me. I had to stop and tread water a bit to build up strength and then I noticed that a lion had jumped into the water heading out toward me. I was like, "Oh NO! This lion is looking for a meal in me. I thought that it will be a fight that I would lose (me trying to drown the lion and the lion wanting to kill me and drag my body ashore to feast), but as the lion got close to me, he dived down, got under me, and and pushed me higher in the water and propelled me to the shore. Then I lay on the shore tired but amazed and the lion lay down at me side smiling at me. And the people around me and their animals were happy for me that I had arrived. Then I woke up. Later the Lord told me through the Holy Spirit, that the dream was a vision of paradise. Animals were there, plenty of them.
A dream to give comfort for sure! Thank-you for sharing that dream with us here brother!

Active
I would opine that it is plausible that there will be animals in the new heaven and new earth, but if so, that they would not be our possessions. They could function as they were originally intended.

Active
I would opine that it is plausible that there will be animals in the new heaven and new earth, but if so, that they would not be our possessions. They could function as they were originally intended.
How were they intended? And....How do you know?

Loyal
Its assumed that we were all vegetarians before the fall. Otherwise Adam would be saying, your name is deer and boy am I going to love to eat you. The animals obviously trusted us more then... perhaps we werent their enemy then.

Loyal
English Standard Version
"Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war."
Exodus 15:3
"The LORD is a warrior, the LORD is His name. [that is Capital: LORD and not Lord in the english language]

The Rider on the White Horse
"He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is The Word of God. "The armies of Heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and pure, follow HIM ON WHITE Horses. And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of"the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.…"

PS
And the last time I check, the people on earth, still call a "horse" an 'animal"! [but i can guess, some "christians" might think, that Jesus and His armies, "rope and caught those "horses" in mid -flight, between Heaven and earth.] But I "believe' in "Implicit" terms and presentation of the "Original Copied Manuscript" of The Bible, that heaven have some, Red ones, Pale color ones, Black one and White ones. Notice I said ;" I believe in "Implicit" terms and presentation..ff"

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ"
1Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

3When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.

5When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. 6And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”

7When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

Note 2: I am not speaking in "indicative" terms arrive from myself. But in a matter of "believeth" as describe by the simplicity of The english speaking "Bible" known by some as "The Word of The Living GOD"!

Au revoir

The things that alarm me so much is that the western world thinks that God spoke in the past and in the "holy Scriptures" in english and used english words, and "transliterated" greek.:eyes:

Active
In the beginning, every land animal was a vegan, including humans. It had to have been complete innocence and bliss in the garden for all its inhabitors. No blood was shed until God sacrificed an animal to clothe Adam and Eve. The garden was probably a pretty good sized garden, too; more like super large farm.

Genesis 1: "29Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every seed-bearing plant on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit contains seed. They will be yours for food. 30And to every beast of the earth and every bird of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth—everything that has the breath of life in it—I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so."