• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Anihilationism

Loyal
Hello Sosthenes,

I have read the content of the link you have given.

I believe that all the dead (outside of Christ) will be raised to judgement. God will judge them righteously, as One Who knows the secrets of men's hearts. Those who do not attain unto life eternal, will be subject to the second death. I do not believe that the Bible teaches that the unbelieving will suffer eternal conscious punishment. but that they will be denied any hope of resurrection life.

'The wages of sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
Will the Unbelieving Dead Become Non-Existent? (Annihilationism)
It never ceases to amaze me how people take Scripture out of context and/or read their beliefs into it. To say there is no evidence for Annihilationism is to close one's eyes to the evidence. In order to argue that people suffer ETC he argues from passages that speak specifically of the beast, the false prophet, and the Devil. Even if those passages were saying these three would suffer eternally, which it isn't, that in no way tells us that that is the fate of all wicked men. The argument he's making is a logical fallacy. It's the fallacy of Circular Reasoning. He begins with the premise that all of the wicked suffer eternally and concludes the same thing. In other words he just restates his premise in the conclusion. He's actually proven nothing.

The Bible clearly teaches Conditional Immortality. Nowhere are we told that the wages of sin is eternal conscious torment.

Loyal
. Even if those passages were saying these three would suffer eternally, which it isn't

are you sure

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Matthew 25:46
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 9:48
‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

the soul is eternal it never dies,

Active
are you sure

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Matthew 25:46
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 9:48
‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

I'm sure. The word aion doesn't mean eternal. It's a poor translation. Also, the soul isn't eternal. God said the soul that sins shall die. Isaiah said that Jesus poured out His soul unto death. Jesus also spoke if Gid destroying both body and soul in Gehenna.

Loyal
I'm sure. The word aion doesn't mean eternal. It's a poor translation. Also, the soul isn't eternal. God said the soul that sins shall die. Isaiah said that Jesus poured out His soul unto death. Jesus also spoke if Gid destroying both body and soul in Gehenna.

when you have plain scripture repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and you refuse to believe it, there is nothing else to say. we see things very differently

if a person likes to sin and thinks he will be gone and not have to suffer judgement or consequences of his sin ,,,he would like you view very much, there is no real punishment for the way he lives according to your view

that just does not sound biblical, to me. nor does it line up with the bible

Active
when you have plain scripture repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and you refuse to believe it, there is nothing else to say. we see things very differently

if a person likes to sin and thinks he will be gone and not have to suffer judgement or consequences of his sin ,,,he would like you view very much, there is no real punishment for the way he lives according to your view

that just does not sound biblical, to me. nor does it line up with the bible

You say plain Scripture, but I told you the word is translated wrongly. Did you investigate or question it? Or, did you just dismiss what I said because it doesn't fit what you believe? Let me ask you, are Sodom and Gomorrah still burning. Can we go over to the Middle East and see them?

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.1 (Jude 1:7 KJV)

Jude says that Sodom and Gomorrah are an example of this "eternal" fire. Whatever this "eternal" fire is Sodom and Gomorrah are an example. So, if this fire burns forever then Sodom and Gomorrah must still be burning. Why can't we see it? A fire that size should be visible from space. But, there's nothing. Those cities were utterly destroyed. Archeologists aren't even certain where they are located because they were utterly destroyed, We can't find evidence of them. But, if this fire is everlasting it should be visible for all to see.

The word translated everlasting in the previous verse and the verses you posted is "aionios" it is adjective form of the word "aion" . Jesus spoke of this aion and one to come.

2 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matt. 12:32 KJV)

In this passage the translators translated the word aion, as world. Firstly one has to wonder why in one place the word is translated as forever and in another as world. The English words world and forever have nothing in common. They are two completely unrelated words. The problem is that it doesn't fit what the translators believe so they have to change the word.

In this passage Jesus speaks of this aion and one to come. If aion means eternity, how can you have this eternity and the one to come? By definition eternity doesn't end you can't have one tto follow it. So we see from Jesus' own words that aion ends, thus it cannot mean eternity. However, Jesus stares plainly that the aion ends.

The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. (Matt. 13:39 KJV)

Here again, the word world is the word aion. Jesus said the harvest is the end of the aion. Thus aion ends. it's not eternal. Here is Jesus again,

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, (Matt. 13:49 KJV)

The apostles understood that the aion ended.

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (Matt. 24:3 KJV)

These are just a few of many passages that I could post. These show explicitly that the aion will end. It cannot be eternal if it ends.

Not at all. There is punishment. The punishment is just what God said it would be, death. The soul that sins shall die.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. (Ezek. 18:4 KJV)

Nowhere in Scripture do we find God saying the soul that sins shall suffer eternal conscious torment. Paul said, 'the wages of sin is death'. He didn't say the wages of sin is eternal conscious torment.

What's happened is that theologians have read their theology into the Scriptures. They've translated aion based on what they believe rather than how it is used in Scripture. Jesus spoke of the end of the aion and the apostles did also. That shows beyond any doubt that aion cannot mean eternal, no matter what translators and theologians say.

Loyal
You say plain Scripture, but I told you the word is translated wrongly. Did you investigate or question it? Or, did you just dismiss what I said because it doesn't fit what you believe? Let me ask you, are Sodom and Gomorrah still burning. Can we go over to the Middle East and see them?

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.1 (Jude 1:7 KJV)

Jude says that Sodom and Gomorrah are an example of this "eternal" fire. Whatever this "eternal" fire is Sodom and Gomorrah are an example. So, if this fire burns forever then Sodom and Gomorrah must still be burning. Why can't we see it? A fire that size should be visible from space. But, there's nothing. Those cities were utterly destroyed. Archeologists aren't even certain where they are located because they were utterly destroyed, We can't find evidence of them. But, if this fire is everlasting it should be visible for all to see.

The word translated everlasting in the previous verse and the verses you posted is "aionios" it is adjective form of the word "aion" . Jesus spoke of this aion and one to come.

2 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matt. 12:32 KJV)

In this passage the translators translated the word aion, as world. Firstly one has to wonder why in one place the word is translated as forever and in another as world. The English words world and forever have nothing in common. They are two completely unrelated words. The problem is that it doesn't fit what the translators believe so they have to change the word.

In this passage Jesus speaks of this aion and one to come. If aion means eternity, how can you have this eternity and the one to come? By definition eternity doesn't end you can't have one tto follow it. So we see from Jesus' own words that aion ends, thus it cannot mean eternity. However, Jesus stares plainly that the aion ends.

The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. (Matt. 13:39 KJV)

Here again, the word world is the word aion. Jesus said the harvest is the end of the aion. Thus aion ends. it's not eternal. Here is Jesus again,

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, (Matt. 13:49 KJV)

The apostles understood that the aion ended.

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (Matt. 24:3 KJV)

These are just a few of many passages that I could post. These show explicitly that the aion will end. It cannot be eternal if it ends.

Not at all. There is punishment. The punishment is just what God said it would be, death. The soul that sins shall die.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. (Ezek. 18:4 KJV)

Nowhere in Scripture do we find God saying the soul that sins shall suffer eternal conscious torment. Paul said, 'the wages of sin is death'. He didn't say the wages of sin is eternal conscious torment.

What's happened is that theologians have read their theology into the Scriptures. They've translated aion based on what they believe rather than how it is used in Scripture. Jesus spoke of the end of the aion and the apostles did also. That shows beyond any doubt that aion cannot mean eternal, no matter what translators and theologians say.

your view fits someone who likes to sin, that is no biblical

Active
your view fits someone who likes to sin, that is no biblical
If you're not willing to look at the Scriptures to see what they really say there is no point in discussion. Our opinions don't really matter.

Loyal
There s no reason to assume that a person who believes the scriptures teach annihilationiam does so as a licence to sin.

It's a question of reading the scriptures carefully and prayerfully, with the context in mind, and with an appreciation of the cultures, languages and idioms they were written in.

Active
There s no reason to assume that a person who believes the scriptures teach annihilationiam does so as a licence to sin.

It's a question of reading the scriptures carefully and prayerfully, with the context in mind, and with an appreciation of the cultures, languages and idioms they were written in.
I totally agree. It takes a good bit of time and study. I don't know how many are willing to investigate these things. I agree with you on idioms. Many people miss these and take then as literal statements.

This whole concept of aion is used to translate olam from the OT. Olam, like aion is used of finite time. The concept of olam is what is visible to the horizon. It doesn't mean forever. Here is an explanation of the olam.

Loyal

absolutely!

but I told you the word is translated wrongly.

aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.
Total KJV occurrences: 128

This is where the word eons comes from. It may not be "forever". But even if it isn't, it's hundreds of thousands or millions of years.
But some of the definitions of this words are "perpetuity", "forever" and "without end". None of the definitions can be construed as a short time.

aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
Total KJV occurrences: 71

Also perpetual, forever, everlasting.
None of these defintions can be construed as temporary, or with an ending point.

The same word is used when phrases like "eternal life" are used. In fact Matt 25:46; uses the word in both contexts (death and life)

Matt 25:46; "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

So if the punishment isn't eternal, then neither is the life.

Active
If anyone is interested in this aion/olam discussion here is a link to two videos/audios that deal with the time perspective and how aion and olam are used. Just scroll down the page to videos/aubios 8 and 9.

Loyal
If anyone is interested in this aion/olam discussion here is a link to two videos/audios that deal with the time perspective

False doctrine, Jesus Himself mentioned hell more than everyone put together. He wasn't swayed by Greek or Roman theology.
Why isn't hell or hades mentioned in the old testament rather than Sheol. Because Jesus had more understanding than the prophets of the old testament.
He created all of creation, He knows what places exist and what places don't.

Matt 5:22; "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
Matt 5:29; "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
Matt 5:30; "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
Matt 10:28; "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt 18:9; "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.
Matt 23:15; "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
Matt 23:33; "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?
Mark 9:43; "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,
Mark 9:45; "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,
Mark 9:47; "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,
Luke 12:5; "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

G1067
γέεννα
geenna
gheh'-en-nah
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

Matt 11:23; "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day.
Matt 16:18; "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Luke 10:15; "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will be brought down to Hades!
Luke 16:23; "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.
Rev 1:18; and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 11

But hell or hades is a temporary place. The Lake of fire is eternal.

Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Hell itself will be thrown into the Lake of Fire eventually.

Loyal

Technically true, but you have to admit, if there is no penalty for sin, then there is no reason not to.

Active
absolutely!

aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.
Total KJV occurrences: 128

This is where the word eons comes from. It may not be "forever". But even if it isn't, it's hundreds of thousands or millions of years.
But some of the definitions of this words are "perpetuity", "forever" and "without end". None of the definitions can be construed as a short time.

aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
Total KJV occurrences: 71

Also perpetual, forever, everlasting.
None of these defintions can be construed as temporary, or with an ending point.

The same word is used when phrases like "eternal life" are used. In fact Matt 25:46; uses the word in both contexts (death and life)

Matt 25:46; "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

So if the punishment isn't eternal, then neither is the life.

I'm well aware of what the dictionary says. Did you read my post to Dave M? The dictionary is wrong. Jesus spoke of the end of the aion. It ends. What ends cannot be eternal. Concerning the definition of aion, would you argue that your aion {age) is or will be hundreds or thousands of year? When the Scriptures were translated from Hebrew into Greek by Jewish Scholars they used the word aion as the translation for olam.

Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever. (Exod. 21:6 KJV)

The word forever in this verse is olam. Here is the Greek.

προσάξει αὐτὸν ὁ κύριος αὐτοῦ πρὸς τὸ κριτήριον τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ τότε προσάξει αὐτὸν ἐπὶ τὴν θύραν ἐπὶ τὸν σταθμόν καὶ τρυπήσει αὐτοῦ ὁ κύριος τὸ οὖς τῷ ὀπητίῳ καὶ δουλεύσει αὐτῷ εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα (Exod. 21:6 BGT)

I bolded the same word that is translated forever, it is aion. This passage is talking about a slave. In Israel all slaves were to be released in the seventh year. However, there was a provision if a person wanted to remain a slave because he prospered in his masters house. If he wanted to stay the master was to take him and bore a hole in his ear with an awl, and he was to serve the master olam or aion. So, was God saying he would serve his master throughout all eternity, or is the context here for the rest of his life? Or, the master's life if he died first. Surely this isn't saying he would serve that master through eternity. This shows that olam and aion are used of short periods of time.

Here's another example.

12 And thou shalt bring Aaron and his sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and wash them with water.
13 And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
14 And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats:
15 And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations. (Exod. 40:12-15 KJV)

Here the translators have translated olam as forever and made the Aaronic priesthood an everlasting priesthood. Was it?

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
(Heb. 7:11-13 KJV)

According to Paul the priesthood was changed. So, the Aaronic priesthood was not an everlasting priesthood. So, by translating olam as forever, the translators have created a contradiction. However, if olam doesn't mean forever, which it doesn't, there is no contradiction. The contradiction is only there when we use the wrongly translated, "forever" instead of an age. Also, the time between Moses and Jesus was about 1400 years. So the Aaronic priesthood only lasted about 1400 years, yet it is said to be olam or aion. Again, this isn't hundreds of thousands of years.

Your last statement explains perfectly how they got the translation of this word wrong. They contrast the life with the punishment. Since they already believe that the life is eternal, they then conclude that the punishment is eternal. That's a classic case of using one's theology to drive their translation. I often here Christians say Scripture interprets Scripture. However, in this case people seem to abandon that concept.

Loyal
If you're not willing to look at the Scriptures

its you that refuse to look at scripture you use your own definations on what God says in his word, I take Gods word as perfect, you seem to see it has error and needs correcting, so we will have to end this discussion on that

Active
False doctrine, Jesus Himself mentioned hell more than everyone put together. He wasn't swayed by Greek or Roman theology.
Why isn't hell or hades mentioned in the old testament rather than Sheol. Because Jesus had more understanding than the prophets of the old testament.
He created all of creation, He knows what places exist and what places don't.

Matt 5:22; "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
Matt 5:29; "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
Matt 5:30; "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
Matt 10:28; "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt 18:9; "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.
Matt 23:15; "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
Matt 23:33; "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?
Mark 9:43; "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,
Mark 9:45; "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,
Mark 9:47; "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,
Luke 12:5; "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

G1067
γέεννα
geenna
gheh'-en-nah
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

Matt 11:23; "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day.
Matt 16:18; "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Luke 10:15; "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will be brought down to Hades!
Luke 16:23; "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.
Rev 1:18; and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 11

But hell or hades is a temporary place. The Lake of fire is eternal.

Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Hell itself will be thrown into the Lake of Fire eventually.
Can you show me where Jesus mentioned Hell? I don't believe He spoke English. Jesus mentioned Hades and Gehenna. Both of these are actual places. Gehenna is the Valley of the Sons of Hinom which is outside of Jerusalem. Hades is the grave. Sheole is also the grave. When the Hebrew Scriptures were translated into Greek the Greek Scholars used Hades to translate sheole. Hades literally mean not seen. When the dead were buried they were, "not seen". Thus they were said to be in Hades.

It is interesting though how you call something false teaching when you haven't even had time to watch/listen to it

Active
its you that refuse to look at scripture you use your own definations on what God says in his word, I take Gods word as perfect, you seem to see it has error and needs correcting, so we will have to end this discussion on that
Really? I showed you several passages where Jesus said the aion ended. You say it doesn't. Who should I believe knows more about this subject, you or Jesus? You said you go with Scripture but as I said, I gave you passages where Jesus said the aion ends. I gave you Scripture where the apostles spoke of the end of the aion.

You're faced with a dilemma. You've got some passages that say the aion ends and you have others that seem to indicate that it doesn't. You can investigate or you can sweep those passages that don't fit what you want to believe under the rug. You can do that but that's hardly taking God's word as perfect. What the apostles wrote was perfect. What men have interpreted isn't. You may want to consider that you are reading a translation and that translation has been filtered through the minds of men, men who have theological points of view and biases

Staff Member
Greetings men,

please try to remember that any study will get messy if we continue to refer to each other in any derogatory way.
A better way to look at things is to talk about it as 'we'.

for example, we are faced with a dilemma, rather than you are. (no intentional reference to anyone in particular, please note)

Please all try to refrain from personal comments about what another believes or doesn't. In order to study and learn and to remove any wrong thinking or theology or to establish any fact, we need to do so as all being under grace and therefore with great kindness towards each other...

and i think you know this....
remind me please if and when i forget

Bless you ....><>