• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

And when You Die Your 1st Stop Ain't Heaven I don't care what you Believe, or What they told You. you are going to the grave

Loyal
For there is only one Who has ascended to Heaven, that person is The One who Descended from Heaven! And the only way you are going to get there, He is coming down here to get you and take you Back from where HE came. And for everyone who have died before you, is waiting in the Grave. [Hades} until,

New American Standard Bible
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

For Jesus has already told you, now who are you going to believe?
(John 3:13)NASB
New King James Version
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."
For we are waiting for His return to come get us and take us to "[The Ceremony Table"].

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. In My Father’shouse are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepar.e a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am."

We are waiting for Jesus Return. "THAT WAS A "PROMISE" THAT WE ALL, ARE WAITING FOR! That is our Hope. That is what we long for, for we gaze into "The Skies".

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

John 21:22
Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Now here is "The Cream of The Crop":pensive:
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Encore:

New International Version
"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."

Active
"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."
Yes thankyou
for we shall all sleep (unconscious without memory or thoughts) in Sheol and await for the day of resurrection
there is a first resurrection and there is a second resurrection >> those who are worthy of the first resurrection have no fear of the second death.
you know this is as controversial with mainstream Christians as water baptism and OSAS.

Active
Revelation 20: (RSV)
4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshipped
the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years.

Active
In what way does this edify any believer at all?

These kinds of posts of yours do not help believers.

Active
For there is only one Who has ascended to Heaven, that person is The One who Descended from Heaven! And the only way you are going to get there, He is coming down here to get you and take you Back from where HE came. And for everyone who have died before you, is waiting in the Grave. [Hades} until,

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

For Jesus has already told you, now who are you going to believe?
(John 3:13)NASB
New King James Version
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."
For we are waiting for His return to come get us and take us to "[The Ceremony Table"].

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. In My Father’shouse are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepar.e a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am."

We are waiting for Jesus Return. "THAT WAS A "PROMISE" THAT WE ALL, ARE WAITING FOR! That is our Hope. That is what we long for, for we gaze into "The Skies".

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

John 21:22
Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Now here is "The Cream of The Crop":pensive:
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Encore:

You have a body: it dies. You are a living soul: it is eternal. The body dies and decays in the ground. The soul is eternal and will be separated from the body at the death and return back to the One who owns it: God. The soul of the believer, one who is in the faith, will be present with the Lord. The soul of the blasphemer will await his/her resurrection and second death in hades.

Loyal
You have a body: it dies. You are a living soul: it is eternal. The body dies and decays in the ground. The soul is eternal and will be separated from the body at the death and return back to the One who owns it: God. The soul of the believer, one who is in the faith, will be present with the Lord. The soul of the blasphemer will await his/her resurrection and second death in hades.
Scripture does not teach that our "soul" returns to God at death - scripture teaches that the spirit God gives to a human or animal returns to him.
As to our "soul" that like OSAS is very contentious and people will argue and bicker here on TalkJesus about what is our soul??
The scriptures clearly teach that in death ALL people sleep in Sheol awaiting their resurrection (either the first or the second).

Psalm 17:15 As for me [David], I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
Job 14:12 so a man lies down and rises not again; till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep.
Daniel 12:13 But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.
John 11:23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
11:24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”

Active
Scripture does not teach that our "soul" returns to God at death - scripture teaches that the spirit God gives to a human or animal returns to him.
As to our "soul" that like OSAS is very contentious and people will argue and bicker here on TalkJesus about what is our soul??
The scriptures clearly teach that in death ALL people sleep in Sheol awaiting their resurrection (either the first or the second).

Psalm 17:15 As for me [David], I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
Job 14:12 so a man lies down and rises not again; till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep.
Daniel 12:13 But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.
11:24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”
Cults like SDA, and JW's, and RCC believe in soul sleep, and it is unbiblical. When our bodies die, we are immediately present with the Lord in soul and spirit.

Active
When our bodies die, we are immediately present with the Lord in soul and spirit.
NO - scripture does not teach that at all: neither in the OT or the NT
1Cor 15:16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised.
15:17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.
15:18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

what shall be raised up?? Our souls.

Active
Cults like SDA, and JW's, and RCC believe in soul sleep, and it is unbiblical.

Active
Cults like SDA, and JW's, and RCC believe in soul sleep, and it is unbiblical.
I did not know that Paul the apostle was in a cult ...
1Thess 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
4:15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
4:16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
4:18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Loyal
That line of thought (separation of temporal body from eternal soul) is from Greek philosophy, Plato. It's not especially Biblical

What about the thieve on the cross?

Luke 23:43

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The rich man and Lazarus?

The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

I think it was Paul that said, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord?

Regardless it shouldn't be a point of division and fighting for we all are family in Christ and our way home, sooner or later as long as we get home is what counts.

Loyal

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

I think it was Paul that said, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord?

Regardless it shouldn't be a point of division and fighting for we all are family in Christ and our way home, sooner or later as long as we get home is what counts.
Good try Anthony. Go back and read those portion of "texts" again. and chew very slowly.:eyes:

Active
I think far too many peoples get their doctrine from just the RCC, various pastors and youtube channels ...

Luke 23:42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you today you will be with me in paradise.”
paradise G3857 παράδεισος paradeisos of Oriental origin (compare [H6508]); a park, that is, (specifically) an Eden (place of future happiness, “paradise”): - paradise.
Jesus did not take the thief with him to Heaven, but promised that his soul would be with Jesus in Eden [Rev 22] Also note that Jesus did not ascend to Heaven immediately upon death, he actually went to the underworld.

Active
2Cor 5:4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened - not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
5:5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. [down payment]
5:6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord,
5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight.
5:8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. [future promise of salvation no more burdens of the natural life]

Phil 1:19 for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,
1:20 as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honoured in my body, whether by life or by death.
1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
1:22 If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labour for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell.
1:23 I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. [to have finished the race and no more tribulations]
1:24 But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.

Loyal
James 1:11 For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.
1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
[all future tense, future promises >> the resurrection of the saints >> the marriage feast]

2Corin 5:8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
5:9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.
5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Loyal
I think far too many peoples get their doctrine from just the RCC, various pastors and youtube channels ...

Luke 23:42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you today you will be with me in paradise.”
paradise G3857 παράδεισος paradeisos of Oriental origin (compare [H6508]); a park, that is, (specifically) an Eden (place of future happiness, “paradise”): - paradise.
Jesus did not take the thief with him to Heaven, but promised that his soul would be with Jesus in Eden [Rev 22] Also note that Jesus did not ascend to Heaven immediately upon death, he actually went to the underworld.
"i am saying these words to you, today, "You Will Be, with me in Paradise". You will be. EXAMPLE: [ I am saying to you today, [10,0000 years from now], "you will be" with me in Paradise.

LANGUAGE syntax., means a lot. A omission of a "punctuation mark" can destroy a "Kingdom". That is why you must be very careful before you chose an "Ambassador" to represent your Kingdom!

God is the one who chose and design the Hebrew, the Greek, and The English Language for a Divine Purpose In carrying out HIS WORD! "Study to show yourself approved unto GOD"

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth".

You Must labor in Prayer, Night and Day, asking GOD, down through the Years, in cries and Tears, for Him to Teach you, HOW TO read HIS WORD!

And that is The only "Way" for anyone to get, where GOD wants, Him to be, in His "Truth"!

King James Bible
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

"Faith without works is dead" I will show you my faith, by the time and years I have study His WORD, I will show you my "FAITH" by The Hours and Sleepless nights and The tears that has Fallen down from my Face from the prayers I have prayed , crying Out to GOD, Teach me, teach me LORD, how to rightly divide your "TRUTH" and not the truth that comes from a mortal man's mind! I will show you my Faith, by the "Type of BOOKS' I have purchase for the last 40 plus years that is in my Library". I will show you my faith, by my works. For Faith without Works is dead."

My wife have told me! All of those Books and the things you speak about a lot of people don't believe you have read them.

When I came to "Christ" I was dumb as a box of Rocks, In my readings just about every 30 seconds I was looking up words to see what they meant. I cried, and i cried, I cried, I would not pass a word that i didn't fully understood. Especially Biblical Words. I used only "Unabridged and Collegiate" Dictionaries . Unger's Dictionary, Zondervan's Pictorial Dictionary, And save my penny's, When the 1st copy, Volume 1 of The Zondervan Bible Encyclopedia came out, i bought one, and as they were printed up, all 5. Then as the years, were going by, I brought my 1 set of "ISBE". Then Greek, Hebrew, Lexicons and Concordance. Vines's, 1611 KJV, 1590 Geneva, Tyndale's copy, Coverdale, ASV, RSV, Thompson Chain NIV, early copyright, New Scofield 1967. try to buy one now over $1,000 I got about 4 or 5 and my wife have lost about 2. My daughter have lost one. but I still got my 4 or 5 Copyright 1967. FOR IT IS A REASON, The devil have that copyright 1967 going in the high hundreds.

Study To Show Yourself into The Eyes Of GOD! and not to The Mortal man! It is a big difference, and GOD knows , if You are a deceiver or a fake! For we all stand before the eyes of GOD! and we only hurt ourselves when we deceived.

(Jeremiah 23)ASV
"The prophet who has a dream may report his dream, but let him who has My word speak My word truthfully. What does straw have in common with grain?” declares the LORD. “Is My word not like fire?” declares the LORD, “and like a hammer which shatters a rock? Therefore behold, I am against the prophets,” declares the LORD, “who steal My words from each other. Behold, I am against the prophets,” declares the LORD, “who use their tongues and declare, ‘The Lord declares!’ Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams,” declares the LORD, “and reported them and led My people astray by their lies and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them nor command them, nor do they provide this people the slightest benefit,” declares the LORD.

"Men love darkness rather Than Light" They would rather have the "Bitter than The Sweet", And 'a Lot of them have called, That which is Sweet, have Proclaim it Bitter':pensive:

Active
For those who are actually saved (not referring to those in general who believe they are saved because they said some magical prayer or took a bath in the name as Simon Magi did both of these and was not saved) who actually are new creatures born of Him...(we shall know them by their fruits).

"To be absent from the body IS to be present with the Lord"

Active

If we have a soul, where did it originate ?