• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

An atheist here...

Hi!

I am a 25 year old atheist, I know, problably not the most popular thing to come forth with, but hear me out.

I was born and bred as an atheist, therefore I have never really considered anything else, though Ive always knew it existed.

The way you often hear many religious people turn atheist, I think I might turn religious. I was always teached by my parents to question things, question everything. But somehow, to question atheism wasnt really a part of that package Im afraid. I am interesting in walking my own path, finding my own truth.

Anyhow, now Im here. Hoping to learn something from you fine folks :)

Hope it doesnt bother anyone with what I just wrote.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi Zimm,

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you came forth in honesty. The only trouble generally that I've had with atheists on this site in the past is their disrespect. They came here to cause strife and insult our belief. You did not do that, so that is more than appreciated.

Check out these links, thought provoking. As an atheist yourself, and you admit to question some things and see the truth for yourself - here it is...

Why Believe?

http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/13288-why-believe-christianity.html

http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/13601-questions-objections.html

Proof

http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/27409-proof-i-want-proof.html (actual conversation with atheist and owner of CARM - Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry)

Evidence & Bible Prophecy - Talk Jesus | Christian Forums (click the sticky threads, good stuff here)

Relationship with Jesus

http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/9596-fathers-love-letter.html

http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/10887-how-friends-god.html

I'm sure there are plenty more.

You can visit these friends:

CARM - Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry
Answers in Genesis
Bible Questions Answered

Hi Zimm, welcome to the forum and glad you could join us. Hope to hear back from you.

God bless

abigya

Hi!

I am a 25 year old atheist, I know, problably not the most popular thing to come forth with, but hear me out.

I was born and bred as an atheist, therefore I have never really considered anything else, though Ive always knew it existed.

The way you often hear many religious people turn atheist, I think I might turn religious. I was always teached by my parents to question things, question everything. But somehow, to question atheism wasnt really a part of that package Im afraid. I am interesting in walking my own path, finding my own truth.

Anyhow, now Im here. Hoping to learn something from you fine folks :)

I was born and bred as an atheist, therefore I have never really considered anything else,

This is sad. You have missed so much.

though Ive always knew it existed.

Indeed... half a brain would be enough to realise error in such matter

The way you often hear many religious people turn atheist, I think I might turn religious.

You may have wisdom from above!?

Im afraid. I am interesting in walking my own path, finding my own truth.

You need to meet Jesus

In His Love

Hello Zimm, I'm glad you took the first step to express intrest in the LORD. As a recent born-again Christian, it amazes me on how much God is in my life! Along with all the physical evidence of God, I don't know how anyone can refute it.

Anyhow, I look forward to talking with you on here and if there is anything I can do to help out, please don't hesitate to ask. Granted I am just now studying the bible, but I can sort of relate on some of the feelings I've had in the past.

God Bless You!

Active

RJ

To Be Or Not To Be is The Question!

A Christian that is.

It is hard for you to be nothing more than an atheist, because you were raised as one.

But The reason you are here is an indication that something more powerful than you may be at work.

You sound like an educated and reasonable person. Your an anthiest but your not here (not so far) to push your agenda. You are in search of something that perhaps you are not too sure of what. Maybe your atheism is too often leaving you feeling on empty!?

Of all the Apostles (12+, who Jesus personally) John is the only one that died a normal death of old age. All the others died seperate from one another and alone. They all died horrible deaths: stoneing, beheading, crucified upside down and more. But one thing they shared besides unbearable torture, is that not one denied Jesus at their end.

So as a history lesson, this and many other incidents prove that Jesus was real but, for anyone of us, it is a matter of not just knowing of Him but knowing Him.

If you are truly interested in seeking him out yourself, I suggest you start by getting a Bible and reading the Gospels to start with: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

If you have questions and don't care to have them on an open forum like this, you can go to the top of this page to the main header, User CP and mail me a private message.

Hi Zimm, the fact that you admit that you always knew something bigger existed, makes you a better person than me already, i also knew but did not care! And let me assure you there is hope for both of us. If Jesus wants us, he will get us. Our hope is Jesus, and I know enough about Him to know that He rewards every seeker. I am seeking very hard. May the Lord save us both! And i say this with tears in my eyes. Good luck and may we be united in HIM!

I was always teached by my parents to question things, question everything.
I am interesting in walking my own path, finding my own truth.

Hi Zimm,
doesn't bother me in the least :)

Welcome to the forum bd (2thumbsup)

Marco

Hi Zimm,

I am glad that you are interest in knowing about God because when you find him, you will find a love that you never experience before.
God is not hard to reach, come to Him as you are and call upon Him and you will find Him.

God Bless, Trish

Active

RJ

News Flash

Hi Zimm, the fact that you admit that you always knew something bigger existed, makes you a better person than me already, i also knew but did not care! And let me assure you there is hope for both of us. If Jesus wants us, he will get us. Our hope is Jesus, and I know enough about Him to know that He rewards every seeker. I am seeking very hard. May the Lord save us both! And i say this with tears in my eyes. Good luck and may we be united in HIM!

I have news for you Cobus, Christ does want you and is seeking. If you believe in Christ and have invited Him into your heart, your forgiveness is complete and your salvation is here already.

From this point on just study his word, grow in His presence, and look forward to the day that God will glorify you!!

Last edited:
A Christian that is.

It is hard for you to be nothing more than an atheist, because you were raised as one.

But The reason you are here is an indication that something more powerful than you may be at work.

You sound like an educated and reasonable person. Your an anthiest but your not here (not so far) to push your agenda. You are in search of something that perhaps you are not too sure of what. Maybe your atheism is too often leaving you feeling on empty!?

Thank you for your understanding. Im not very educated in sense of formal education, but I love to read and have a relatively large book collection (as a matter of fact, it was actually by reading Pascal, weird enough as it may seem, that made me take initiative to search for a forum like this. I must admit, the only reason I ended up on this one was because it was the first result on Google). Let me assure you also that I am not here to "push my own agenda". I was afraid that me, being atheist, could lead me to instant ban because I figure you guys have bad memories from other atheists trying to ruin everything. But I figured it was best just to come clean out and tell my story and hopefully I will be accepted here :)

I have been struggling with depression for some time, and I do have the feeling that there must be some meaning to life. Atheism, or any other philosophy for that matter, doesnt really provide any solid reasons at all. It is as hard for me to become religious as it is for you to become an atheist, I would think. But, I guess its up to each person.

Thanks to all of you for the great welcome! I really appreciate it :)

yo

Zimm welcome to the forum. I hope you check out this site and see what you can learn?Hopefully you will see what is right from your mind and heart. Good luck on your search Peace brother!

Thank you for the encouragement Joe, if we get a chance to talk, you will get to know me. I am not an average guy, and i do not want to be "entertained" by teachers, i want to be educated. I went to a seminar at a local church called "The Alpha Cource" It is presented by a British guy named Nicki Gambell or something. The presenter is the local minister and he would play us a video and then there is discussion afterward. They started the video and Nicki made a "funny" remark. in the video he presents the cource to a hall full of people. Every body in the video and in the room that i was sitting in was laughing at the "funny" remark, but not me. I was upset! Why? well i take the bible very serious and i tried to find a funny remark in the bible, but i could not. i could only find a passage telling me that i should not be part of vain babblings. 2 tim 2. and soon i found the true spirit of the man nicki. God gives me a command to evaluate every spirit that wants to teach me, because there are many false teachers. so i tried Nicki on his teachings, and he was decieving the people. When i showed the minister (in the Word of God) where they are doing so, he asked me to leave. And i did. I have done bible study with God for close to 188 000 hours now, and i know the Word quite well. I am very blessed to say that the Holy Spirit is leading me to great things, and i am very fortunate to say, that i do get visits from God, and that it looks like the Son of God, Jesus, and the Father would soon come abide unto me. Joh 14:1. Why because i really keep the Words as Jesus gives (reveal) them to me. As the Father gave it to Him! He said the things he says is not His but the Fathers! So i accept them just as it is written in the King James. I do not add, so that God would not add the plagues onto me. I do not take away so God does not take my name out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, heaven! If it is God's will we will meet and share, and "may God unite us in Christ Jesus! Amen!"

It is as hard for me to become religious as it is for you to become an atheist, I would think. But, I guess its up to each person.

Hey Zimm, Thats one of the best quotes, and most honest things I've read here on TJ. bd (2thumbsup)

Keep in mind you've always got your 10% where ever you go who stray from reason. In a rational sense.
I've not been on TJ all that long, but have seen some of these come and go.
But you'll find solid people from all around the world who love Jesus ...because He first loved us :D

I pray that out of His glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power, through His Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your heart through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Eph 3:16-19
Marco

Active

RJ

Thank you for your understanding. Im not very educated in sense of formal education, but I love to read and have a relatively large book collection (as a matter of fact, it was actually by reading Pascal, weird enough as it may seem, that made me take initiative to search for a forum like this. I must admit, the only reason I ended up on this one was because it was the first result on Google). Let me assure you also that I am not here to "push my own agenda". I was afraid that me, being atheist, could lead me to instant ban because I figure you guys have bad memories from other atheists trying to ruin everything. But I figured it was best just to come clean out and tell my story and hopefully I will be accepted here :)

I have been struggling with depression for some time, and I do have the feeling that there must be some meaning to life. Atheism, or any other philosophy for that matter, doesnt really provide any solid reasons at all. It is as hard for me to become religious as it is for you to become an atheist, I would think. But, I guess its up to each person.

Thanks to all of you for the great welcome! I really appreciate it :)

I know very little about Atheism but, with all respect to you Zimm, It seems pretty shallow to me. Are there doctrines or historical information to substantiate a belief system in nothing? That would be a bit scary and depressing about what the future holds for me!

I can tell you that Christianity is steep in historical reasons for faith. But, none stronger in my relationship to Christ.
And as opposed to "other philosphies" as you put it , The very essence of our faith is driven by a universal purpose of worth, witness and a hope of a Spiritual life together for all eternity. But most of all, there is something very special about our faith that other "Philosopies do not share"! Our God lives inside us!

Once a human has a relationship with the living God ( In Christ) there is very little to no talk of depression.

In His Love

Last edited:
Cool, because what God loves most is someone who questions and asks ans seeks.
Sad so many don't do that, close their mind and that is that.

So awesome, ((hug)) welcome here, and, well, hope religion, which is only man made does not put you off.

Your right it is up to different people how easy it is to adopt. Personally at the age of 25 the Bible hit me hard. I personally found the best way to get a snapshot of the whole thing was to listen to audio tapes from start to finish... then I made my mind up at the end.

I started from the old then the new. I found the old a bit wired at first but it grew on me.

Good luck in exploring it anyway. I think it's good that we try all kinds of different things as it's just life experience which can lead to better things. :)