• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Loyal
Monday, September 19, 2016, 7:45 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song “For Our Nation.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Revelation 19:1-9 (ESV).

Hallelujah! (vv. 1-3)

After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for his judgments are true and just;
for he has judged the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth with her immorality,
and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”
Once more they cried out,

“Hallelujah!
The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.”

What do we know from scripture, so far, about this Great Prostitute, i.e. Babylon the Great? We learned that she will fall, because she makes all nations drink the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality (Rev. 14:8). She will fall, too, because she has become a dwelling place for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit (Rev. 18:2). She is the mother of prostitutes and of the earth’s abominations (Rev. 17:5). She is seated in a position of power, rule and authority over many peoples, multitudes, nations and languages (Rev. 17:15). She is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth (Rev. 17:18). She is a great city that is clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls! (Rev. 18:16) And, although the prostitute rides the beast, for a time, the beast hates the prostitute (Babylon the Great), and they will make her desolate and naked, and will devour her flesh and burn her up with fire (Rev. 17:16). As well, we learn that God will judge the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and that he will avenge on her the blood of his servants, whom she (they) persecuted and killed (Rev. 19:2).

We have also learned that we are to come out of her so that we do not share in her sins or in her punishment, for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes (Rev. 18:4-5). So, obviously she is something which we, as God’s people, can come out from.

Since the Lord Jesus called me in 2004 to write out what he teaches me from his Word each day, and to post it on the internet, he has been continually showing me America, and the institutional church (state church) in America, as this Babylon which is under the judgment of Almighty God. In a broader sense, though, she represents the world’s system which has infiltrated the church, and so, in reality, all Christians across the earth are being commanded to come out from her. Yet, I also believe this is a command from God to come out from under the influences of the USA, its government, and its state church (incorporated under the US government).

The church, collectively, is the body of Christ, with Christ as her head. She is spiritual. She is not a building, an organization, a business, a social club, a church denomination, or a corporation under the headship of the US government or any other world government. When we go to a building called “church,” and we enter that building, we are not entering the house of God or his presence. The worship center or sanctuary in that building is not the sanctuary of God, and entering that room does not bring us into the presence of Almighty God. We, the people of God, are the church. We are the temple of God, for he now dwells within us in the person of the Holy Spirit. So, as believers in Jesus, we are always in God’s presence, and we can worship him in spirit and in truth anywhere, any day, and any time.

Yet, much of today’s church here in America, and perhaps in other parts of the world, too, have willfully joined forces with their government and have brought themselves under the headship of the government in place of the headship of Christ. Thus, they have become a state church, owned by the government, and under the scrutiny and leadership of that government. They have become a corporation, i.e. a business of human-making, and they market themselves just like any other human-based business, too. The church that has done this, thus, is living in spiritual adultery against her Lord, for they have forsaken their first love for the bed of another lover. And, God is calling his people to come out of her - out from underneath her influence, and out from being partakers with her in her adultery.

Much of today’s institutional church, as well, has softened or diluted the gospel message in order to make it more appealing and acceptable to the world. Thus, they are leaving people in their sins while they are promising them the hope of heaven when they die. This worldly institutional (state) church has also, in the effort to draw in large crowds of people, turned worship services into big shows in order to entertain the masses so that people will want to come back. The Bible is being replaced by books written by mere humans. And, scripturally-based songs are being forsaken for those which make people feel happy inside. Spirit-led messages are also being dumped in favor of feel-good messages which tickle itching ears.

America is a nation which has been riding the beast. I know that our nation is not truly run by those who are elected officials but by a de facto shadow government comprised of the elite, powerful and wealthy people of the world. There is no right and left, for our government leaders are just the face of this beast, i.e. what is seen on the outside. They are just puppets, and this shadow government are the puppet masters.

I believe our electoral process to be pure theatre, and that it doesn’t really matter who serves in office, because they are only the façade which we see with our eyes. They all serve the same people, alias the “beast.” And, in coordination with this beast New World Order, they have been going throughout the world overtaking sovereign nations, killing innocents, murdering Christians, and blaming their crimes on “terrorists” whom they largely finance, train and equip. So, that is why they have the blood of the saints of God on their hands. And, it is one of the reasons God is going to judge them (us), as a nation.

Praise God! (vv. 4-5)

And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who was seated on the throne, saying, “Amen. Hallelujah!” And from the throne came a voice saying,

“Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
small and great.”

The Lord is, thus, calling out to his adulterous church, and he is confronting her with her sins of adultery and idolatry. He is calling her to repentance, warning of divine judgment, but promising his blessings on the repentant. He is doing this because he loves her, and because it grieves him to see her being deceived and strongly influenced by these master manipulators.

He is also calling to her to come out of the world’s system, especially as it has infected and has infiltrated the structure and the gatherings of the church. As well, he is warning his church against wolves in sheep’s clothing, false shepherds of the people, and a false gospel, which leaves people still in their sins. And, he is calling her to purity, to return to her first love, and to make him the only Lord (owner-master) of her life. He wants her to live in the fear of the Lord, i.e. to give God all the honor, respect, admiration and obedience which he so deserves. And, he desires that her praise go to him alone for all that he has done and is doing and will do on behalf of those who love him and who obey his teachings.

A Great Multitude (vv. 6-10)

Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

I believe that throughout Biblical history that God’s purposes in judging his adulterous people was to bring them back to God so that he might revive their hearts and restore them to fellowship with him. I also believe that there are many prophecies of scripture with regard to these last days that indicate that, through judgment, God’s adulterous people will return to him as their first love, they will be revived in spirit, and that he will restore them. As a result, the gospel of Jesus will go forth throughout the world, and many will be saved before our Lord returns to take us to be with him forever. One of the passages in the New Testament, which I believe indicates this is found in Revelation 2-3 where Jesus speaks to the churches, confronts them with sin, warns of judgment, but promises his blessings on those who repent.

I believe, as well, that this passage in Revelation 19 is indicative of revival coming out of judgment, for after this judgment takes place, a great multitude is giving praise to God, the wedding of the Lamb has come, and the bride of Christ, his saints, has made herself ready, i.e. she has clothed herself with the righteous deeds of the saints. She has repented of her sins, and she has turned or returned to God to worship him only, and to forsake other lovers.

So, where are you today? Are you claiming to be a follower of Christ but still living like the world? Are you following after the ways of God, or the ways of man? Are you walking according to the flesh, or are you conducting your lives according to the Spirit? Time is running out. Make Jesus Lord today!

For Our Nation / An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,
Seeking God to give us answers