• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Amazing Love

fiction

Amazing Love
Written By Michelle Ross

Matthew grew up in church. His father was a minister. As a young child he knew the word but yet he allowed his piers to persuade him into a much different life style.
At the age of 18 he had gotten into drugs drinking violence and had been incarcerated several times. Matthew refused to turn to his father for help. He didn’t want to be preached at about his wrongdoing.
At the age of 30, and he was running from the Lord.
Got married and had a son by the name of John. His wife she attended church with Matthew’s family and she prayed faithfully that some day God would open Matthews’s eyes.
One day Matthew had decided to go for a ride along the countryside. He had loaded up his cooler with a six pack and had gathered up his camping gear just incase he decided to camp out. His fishing pole, tackle box, and hunting rifle.
The sky was blue not a cloud to be found. The temperature was perfect. In the 70’s with a slight cool breeze.
His wife walked him to the truck and kissed him on the cheek. “Matthew please be careful and don’t forget we have a dinner date with your family tonight,” she said.
He didn’t even look at her he just continued loading up his stuff. She walked away standing at the front door sipping on her coffee watching him. He hopped in his truck and drove off not even looking back. Deep down inside he felt guilty. He had no attentions on making it to dinner. He wanted some time alone and he was going to get it. He felt he worked all week long that he deserved some rest and relaxation. He drove along the countryside looking at those huge pastures of dark green. Smelling the fresh air. It was about an hour drive to his favorite fishing spot. Surrounded by woods and a gorgeous river right in the middle of it. He pulled up to his favorite parking spot where he purposed marriage to his wife Becky 10 years ago. He grabbed a cold beer out of his cooler and sat on the bed of his truck over looking the river. Turning on his radio he count get any stations to come in that well so he turned it off and just listened to natures music. The birds singing, and the breeze blowing through the trees. He laid back and closed his eyes. Just enjoying the solitude. Off to the distance he could hear the sounds of riffles being fired from some distant hunters.
He laid back thinking of all the things he had done and his marriage with Becky. John his son, He was 2 years old. Why wasn’t he happy, he asked his self? He had a good life growing up and he had a beautiful home, lovely wife and a wonderful son. What was he lacking? He had all the things he ever wanted yet he felt so empty inside. He drank down his beer and grabbed another as he opened the second one the radio turned on by its self. A man ministering on the Love of God for his children. Matthew picked it up and turned it off. He sat it back down. He got up and grabbed his fishing gear. The radio cut back on with the same message. Saying, A fathers love is for all eternity, he loves you. He wants to give you an everlasting happiness. Matthew set his fishing pole down and walked over to the radio. He looked to see if maybe the on button was stuck, but it wasn’t in fact it was still set on off. He sat the radio down and scratched his head. The man kept on talking. Saying, God is calling you! He wants a relationship with you!
Matthew pulled out the batteries and thought to his self if I wanted to hear preaching at I would go to my dad’s house. He through the batteries in the truck and began to walk off. The radio clicked back on saying. Seek Him and you will find him! Matthew turned back looking at the radio sitting on the bed of the truck. There was no doubting it. It was God! Matthew just stood there in shock and puzzled. Then a song came on the radio. It was amazing love. Matthew walked over to the radio and he picked it up. He drew back and was going to throw it in the river. Just then he heard something rustling in the bushes behind him. He slowly turned around to see what it was.
A man stood beneath the trees. He looked to be at least 6 ft. tall. Dressed in a white robe. He dropped the radio on the ground. Matthew hollered what do you want?
The man didn’t say anything just watched Matthew. Matthew walked closer to the man. I asked you what do you want sir? Still he didn’t respond. Matthew stood for a second and then started to turn away. Then he spoke in a loud voice, “Matthew how much longer are you going to keep running from me?” Matthew turned back and the man was gone.
Matthew dropped to his knees in tears. He knew who it was then. He knew it was the Lord talking to him. He balled for hours they’re by the riverbank.

Off to the distance he had seen a truck-pulling in. he stood up watching the truck as it pulled closer. It was his father. Matthews’s father got out of the truck and walked over to his son. He could tell his son had been crying. He asked Matthew, what is it son? Matthew didn’t know what to say to his dad.
His dad put his arms around him and hugged him. He said, “I was driving down the road in fact the opposite direction when Holy Spirit told me to turn around and head this way. Sometimes when we think we are going the way we need to be and everything seems right is when we realize it isn’t the way we need to be going after all.”
His son wept in his arms. Dad, I haven’t been going the right way for a long time but I don’t know how to turn around. His father said, “son yes you do, listen to your heart. What direction is it telling you to go in?” Matthew said, “Dad, I haven't been a good son, and I have done a lot of things that isn't right.”
His father looked into his eyes. Tears filled his eyes, and said these words to Matthew. Matthew a Fathers love is forever. No matter how wrong you may be I will always love you because you’re my son. Same way with God he will always welcome you and love you but its you that have to make the choice to live for him. He held his son in his arms, which seemed to be for hours. They talked about god and his love for his children. After a while they headed back into town. Matthew went to dinner that night with his family. Sunday morning as Becky got ready to leave for church she headed out the door and turned to holler at Matthew to say good bye. When she turned and looked up the stairs she couldn’t believe her eyes. Tears filled her eyes as she watched Matthew walk his son down the steps both of them well dressed. Matthew looked at her and said," well aren't you going to take us with you Becky?" She smiled and dried her eyes saying you bet I am. They walked in the church that day as a family and Matthew sat up at the front. His Dad was so proud to see his son in church. They had altar call and Matthew got up out of his seat and kneeled down there. He softly whispered, “God Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for the love you show me.”
He gave his life to Christ that day. All because he knew that what he lacked the most was there all along waiting for him to make the choice to receive. The Love of a lifetime spent in eternity.
The End

Know the Father loves you. He has so much to show you and he wants a relationship with you. No matter how bad you think you have been he will forgive you. Come to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior. He will guide you and direct you. He has an everlasting love to offer you and a place with him for all eternity. No drug or booze could ever give you the high that he can. His love is the greatest gift and feeling you will ever experience. Trust in him and he will change your life. You can have the happiness you truly desire. All you have to do is call out to him. Ask him to come into your heart. Receive him in your life today.
John 3:16-21
16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
(from The Holy Bible: New International Version

Ps 6:4
4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.
(from The Holy Bible: New International Version. Copyright (c) 1973, 1978, 1984, by International Bible Society)

2 Chron 7:3
"He is good;
his love endures forever

Very moving story Forever . Almost like the prodigal son . Thanks for posting your gifts here on TalkJesus . Peace sister and keep them coming . Mike :love: :boy_hug:

Administrator
Staff Member
Well I certainly cried :) Thanks for the great story sister. Your an awesome writer!

Thank you foreverwjesus for that awesome story. You have touched my heart with this reflection of our Fathers Amazing Love. I am one of those people that struggle with a haunting condemnation of my past, and it is only the Fathers Amazing Love the wakes me up from this reaccuring nightmare. It's through sincere people like yourself that our Father shines His Amazing Love through, and I cry with a gratefull heart... Thank You.

We all have a past that sometimes that the devil loves to try to haunt us with but as written in the word Once forgiven it is forgotten! and praise the Lord for deliverence. those chains of bondage can be broken forever! Hallelujah! thank you so much for your replies you know how encouraging they are to me? They enspire to continue. I love all of you in Christ.
:love: forever your sister in Christ