• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Am I going to hell tonight

Active
Am I going to hell tonight?
First I want to point out that christianity is all about having a relationship with God. Its not about being good or following rules. We cannot do any of that. But God wants that relationship with us because he wants good things for us. So Jesus came in and paid the penalty for our sin since we couldn't.

That said heaven is not just some vip party that we get to go to if our name is on the list. It is about being with God enjoying our relationship with him.

So the question is do you have a relationship with Jesus?

First I want to point out that christianity is all about having a relationship with God. Its not about being good or following rules. We cannot do any of that. But God wants that relationship with us because he wants good things for us. So Jesus came in and paid the penalty for our sin since we couldn't.

That said heaven is not just some vip party that we get to go to if our name is on the list. It is about being with God enjoying our relationship with him.

So the question is do you have a relationship with Jesus?
Well the Bible says whoever is not written in the book of life is cast into the lake of fire.
So whoever has a relationship with Jesus is in the book of life right?correct?

Active
Well the Bible says whoever is not written in the book of life is cast into the lake of fire.
Yea basically the book of life is God's friend list. Your name being there just means that you and God have a relationship. And this relationship is what it is all about. Apart of being created in the image of God is being relational beings. We need relationships and most importanly a relationship with with God. There is no magic formula to escaping hell, no ritual, no magic words. It's just this relationship freely offered to us despite our flaws.

Yea basically the book of life is God's friend list. Your name being there just means that you and God have a relationship. And this relationship is what it is all about. Apart of being created in the image of God is being relational beings. We need relationships and most importanly a relationship with with God. There is no magic formula to escaping hell, no ritual, no magic words. It's just this relationship freely offered to us despite our flaws.
What are basic ways to spend time with Jesus?
How do you do it?

For instance I will sometimes just sit down sometimes eyes closed, sometimes eyes open and pray to the Lord in the name of Jesus.
And likely after that I open scripture and read whatever is in front of me.
Does it count as long as you sincerely want to talk to him or is there a more efficient way that you know about?

Active
What are basic ways to spend time with Jesus?
How do you do it?

For instance I will sometimes just sit down sometimes eyes closed, sometimes eyes open and pray to the Lord in the name of Jesus.
And likely after that I open scripture and read whatever is in front of me.
Does it count as long as you sincerely want to talk to him or is there a more efficient way that you know about?
How do you spend time with your other friends?

Also why are you looking for the most efficient way? You list what you do as if it were a program and seem to be looking for a better one. But there is no program. Just a relationship.

However I might be able to help you out by sharing a few truths about God.

First all God wants from you is a relationship. And he wanted this relationship even when we were sitting in prison or recovering from a failed suicide attempt or whatever darkness we were immersed in.

Second, because of our imperfection we couldn't reach God and offered our brokeness. So God came down to give us himself.

Third, God takes this relationship very seriously. He will always put us before himself as shown on the cross. He will always be there for us, never leave us, and he is interested in even the smallest detail about our lives. He wants nothing but good for us and his plan is all about bringing the good out from the evil around us.

Most of us do not want to give up what control we seem to think that we have over our lives. They want their circumstances to change but don't want to change themselves. So offering their entire being to God in this relationship (like he has done for us), is terrifying for most. Because there is no getting around it by accepting grace and the relationship we will change. We cannot remain the same. We will become a new creature, a new person, the old you will be no more. Terrifying to lay down your life on the hope that you will be given a better one. I can assure you he will never let you down.

So realize that God is with you and wants to be apart of your life. He wants you to get to know him better because that will benefit you. He wants you to talk to him, to question him, listen to him. He wants you.

How do you spend time with your other friends?

Also why are you looking for the most efficient way? You list what you do as if it were a program and seem to be looking for a better one. But there is no program. Just a relationship.

However I might be able to help you out by sharing a few truths about God.

First all God wants from you is a relationship. And he wanted this relationship even when we were sitting in prison or recovering from a failed suicide attempt or whatever darkness we were immersed in.

Second, because of our imperfection we couldn't reach God and offered our brokeness. So God came down to give us himself.

Third, God takes this relationship very seriously. He will always put us before himself as shown on the cross. He will always be there for us, never leave us, and he is interested in even the smallest detail about our lives. He wants nothing but good for us and his plan is all about bringing the good out from the evil around us.

Most of us do not want to give up what control we seem to think that we have over our lives. They want their circumstances to change but don't want to change themselves. So offering their entire being to God in this relationship (like he has done for us), is terrifying for most. Because there is no getting around it by accepting grace and the relationship we will change. We cannot remain the same. We will become a new creature, a new person, the old you will be no more. Terrifying to lay down your life on the hope that you will be given a better one. I can assure you he will never let you down.

So realize that God is with you and wants to be apart of your life. He wants you to get to know him better because that will benefit you. He wants you to talk to him, to question him, listen to him. He wants you.
Should a christian have other friends? I have alwsys seemed to be friends with people who don't like me the way i do them...
Im under impression that a sincere christian like me doesnt find friends easy or good ones esspecially.

Active
Should a christian have other friends? I have alwsys seemed to be friends with people who don't like me the way i do them...
Im under impression that a sincere christian like me doesnt find friends easy or good ones esspecially.
Yea thats is one of the reasons that we go to church. For relationships with other christians.

Staff Member
Greetings Frank,

Whosover believeth in Him should not perish ... from John 3:16 (KJV)

Do you believe? If so, end of story. Stop worrying about if you will or will not perish but stick with believing, Frank.

Reason this and let it sit at that,
the Lord gave His life for you as He did for me, not because we deserve it but because without Him [not us]... with out Him [not us]...
without Him, [not you] [not me] [not anyone], yes, without Him, all would perish... we could not save ourselves with all the worry and fretting or concern in the world, even if we got to live 10 000 years, we still could not save ourselves... BUT, for God so loved the world [you and me and all others] that He GAVE His only begotten Son {Jesus Christ} that whosoever [that's you and me and all others, Frank} believeth in Him, should NOT perish BUT HAVE everlasting LIFE .... from John 3:16

God is Love
Love Is For Giving

(see John 3:16)
be forgiven, Frank, because you are
rejoice and again i say.... rejoice!

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Regarding the Bible reading -- the 'spot reading' that you mentioned -- just opening your bible and reading whatever. Well -- it Is all of God's Word, but it needs to be read in it's context. A short book in the New Testament -- read it a little at a time -- whatever you have time For -- go do something else -- come back and read some more in that same chapter. continue from where you left off earlier. You'll get a better 'context' of what is being said.

And, God created all of us with different personalities. Some personalities work better with some than with others. Ask the other person about themselves -- how their day has been going?

And friendship is wonderful -- our best friends Should be other believers. But be friendLy with people in general. But generally speaking men with other men and women with other women. Saying 'Hi' with a smile is always nice.

Greetings Frank,

Do you believe? If so, end of story. Stop worrying about if you will or will not perish but stick with believing, Frank.

the Lord gave His life for you as He did for me, not because we deserve it but because without Him [not us]... with out Him [not us]...
without Him, [not you] [not me] [not anyone], yes, without Him, all would perish... we could not save ourselves with all the worry and fretting or concern in the world, even if we got to live 10 000 years, we still could not save ourselves... BUT, for God so loved the world [you and me and all others] that He GAVE His only begotten Son {Jesus Christ} that whosoever [that's you and me and all others, Frank} believeth in Him, should NOT perish BUT HAVE everlasting LIFE .... from John 3:16

God is Love
Love Is For Giving

Bless you ....><>
Thank budd I appreciate ur nice words bro...rejoicing 4 the Lord is awesome!

Greetings Frank,

God is Love
Love Is For Giving

Bless you ....><>
But only believers are saved right?
Because our work isn't for nothing evangelizing the world?

Loyal
Yes, only born-again believes are saved. And, yes, there is a lot of evangelizing left to be done. And we share with love and concern.

Loyal
Do you even know what it means to have a relationship with Jesus ?

Does anyone Here feel they know what a relationship with Jesus really is ?

There are some hear that do KNOW what that relationship entails.

I tell you solemnly, you can scream to the mountaintops, Jesus is my Lord and saviour. But if you dont do it in LOVE. It will mean nothing to the Almighty