• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

All Sorts of Prayers

Staff Member
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 1 Timothy 2:1 ESV

If you had a neighbor who only talked to you when he needed to borrow something, how would you feel toward him? There probably wouldn’t be much of a relationship there. But if he were the type of neighbor who talked with you about the weather, complimented your lawn, and asked for some advice on behalf of his sister-in-law, you’d probably be a bit closer to him.

You see where this is going, right?

Our prayer life is not only an indicator of our relationship with God; it is one of the primary means by which we form a strong and growing relationship with Him.

If your prayer life consists of just asking God for things, you may be treating Him like a cosmic vending machine. But even if you are praying in a variety of ways to God, but only for how His love affects your life, your prayer life is still too small.

God wants to hear from you about everything, and He wants you to pray for everyone. Next time you pray, shift your focus off yourself and widen it to the world around you. See what God will do when you recognize His prominence over everything!

Prayer: Lord, You are awesome in so many ways! Thank You for Your love, Expand my love for others as You expand my ability to see them.