• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

All power is given unto me... What did Jesus mean when He said this

Active
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In your thoughts does He have all power in heaven and earth? To me the verse reads in the present tense so He has all power .
Why were we given the Holy Ghost if not to teach all nations? Who in your thoughts has power , our Christ or some fake?

This was written by a friend.

If God knew you before you were born its follows that He knows many of His children yet to be conceived. As a believer there is no reason seek the return of Christ. No one waits more than a lifetime to see Him face to face. As a believer we know the He controls history for His glory and our good. The reactionary God of Dispensationalism never existed, He cant be hurried or slowed. I've been convinced ,for a long time, the main force behind the popularity of the imminence doctrine is nothing more than the basest of human desires, cheating death. All the 'homesick for Jesus ' talk is just that. Back to your question, the Kingdom ,which grows ONLY in history , must reach its full potential. This is the reason Christ is not here bodily at present. The system of His enthronement and the Holy Spirit ministering on earth is the best possible means to fulfill the Great Commission. We know this to be true, just as we are NOT given to know how to recognize when/how this task would be completed. In Heaven that are a few who walked with Him, even fewer who saw Him raised in glory. There will be a few, likely a few more, in Heaven who never see death. Chances are far better you and I will follow Abe and Moses and even Jesus in death, the path He has chosen for the majority of His children.

Loyal
ok, i will address this.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

He is letting the people know again, that He is the SON of GOD. and HE is the "Creator of all Heaven and Earth" and everything that exist in and on them.

This is a repeated message and statement He has been making since He began His Public Ministry. And No body believes it. They say they believe but they don't. You can tell that they don't, just read The Gospels. "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Is just a repeat of TRUTH. HE ALWAY had power over HEAVEN AND EARTH. He never lost it.:sob: "No one took HIS life. He laid it down and took it up again.".

I have been hearing christians quote that sentence, every since i been born from above. . They act like, he just got it, and GOD just gave it to HIM. And it is no use, to tell christians. Jesus has always been the SON of GOD, Like HE told Martha, "I AM the RESURRECTION? and she still did not get it. And He told the religious rulers, Before Abraham was, "I AM"! They still did not get it. And The WORD walked among us. And people still do not get it! "I AM The LIGHT" and darkness comprehends it not.
I have heard "Preacher" preach "And when He got up from the GRAVE HE received ALL power in Heaven and EARTH." And in quietness i said to myself, when did he ever lose His "GODSHIP" For GOD can never stop being GOD:pensive: And When a person tries to explain to me what it means, those who have a "finite" mind and tries to justify The TRUTH of an "INFINITE" GOD, and how He exist with their worldly terminologies. "that dog don't hunt".

And i heard the words come to my mind: (Matthew Chapter 16).ESV.
“Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”16Simon Peter replied, “YOU ARE THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.”:pensive:

Now what does that MEAN! That means HE is THE CREATOR of ALL HEAVEN and EARTH both visible and Invisible and every created thing. He is "The CHRIST".
You must know what "Biblical WORDS" mean, and not "Home spawn definitions of part time definitions of "terminologies" and in this day "Etymology" is a must, for The devil is moving in full force, for he is a "Intelligent Creature". For he has been around a long time. His purpose is to trip you up, for GOD cannot be MOCK:eyes:

Have a nice day:cool:

PS... ask yourself the Question was Jesus The Son of GOD on Earth? Was Jesus also 100% GOD while he was on earth? Was He 100% GOD while he was in HIS mothers womb? Was JESUS " The RESURRECTION" when HE rose Lazarus from the Grave. Was he 100% GOD when HE died on The Cross, WAS he 100% GOD when HE rose himself from the GRAVE? Now are those trick questions? I think not. "Now, Who do you say HE was? And there is only ONE GOD. :eyes:..... Now you think. Now what do you believe? There is no part Time "GOD" with part time power:eyes:

Either you "GOD" or your Not!
New King James Version (hebrews 1)
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
Isaiah 9:6,7
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace…

And we can take it, to the next level and on and on where there is no end. :pensive: in displaying HIS LORD SHIP.

"IESOUS KYRIOS"

Last edited:
Loyal
15:23 But each in his own order: Christ a first fruit; then they that are the Christ’s, at his presence.
24 Then the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to the God and Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he put all his enemies under his feet.
26 The enemy to be abolished last is death.
27 For, He subjected all things under his feet. But when he saith that all the things are subjected, it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things to him.
28 And when all the things have been subjected to him, then also the Son shall himself be subjected to him that did subject all the things to him, that God be all in all.
1Corinthians 15:

Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.”
8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the sceptre of uprightness is the sceptre of your kingdom.
13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?

Ephesians 1:19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might
20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church,
23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Active
In your thoughts does He have all power in heaven and earth?
In truth, my thoughts don't matter. The text clearly states that all power(authority) was given to Jesus. (Even the Greek is clear on this.)

One either believes it or not.

It perplexes me that Christians deny this doctrine.

To me the verse reads in the present tense so He has all power .
Yes, in the English it does read that way. But to be precise, the Greek wasn't written in the present tense, but the Aorist tense. Typically one would translate such an expression as past tense "all power(authority) was given to me." But this leaves the time frame rather vague. The Aorist tense indicates a punctilinear action - BANG - it happened, and not in the far distant past. In Greek, verbs don't have "tense" as much as "aspect" to explain action. In this case, though, the KJV adequately conveys the meaning (except)..... I would mention that ἐξουσία is a noun that includes both power and authority in a single concept.

Why were we given the Holy Ghost if not to teach all nations?
And this question speaks to the structure of governance (or implementation) of the power(authority) given to Jesus. It speaks to a Regency of Servants. But of course it's not the only reason the Holy Ghost was given.

Kindly,
Rhema

Active
And in quietness i said to myself, when did he ever lose His "GODSHIP"
Right here -

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:​
(Philippians 2:7-9 KJV)​

Rhema

Active
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In your thoughts does He have all power in heaven and earth? To me the verse reads in the present tense so He has all power .
Why were we given the Holy Ghost if not to teach all nations? Who in your thoughts has power , our Christ or some fake?

If God knew you before you were born its follows that He knows many of His children yet to be conceived. As a believer there is no reason seek the return of Christ. No one waits more than a lifetime to see Him face to face. As a believer we know the He controls history for His glory and our good. The reactionary God of Dispensationalism never existed, He cant be hurried or slowed. I've been convinced ,for a long time, the main force behind the popularity of the imminence doctrine is nothing more than the basest of human desires, cheating death. All the 'homesick for Jesus ' talk is just that. Back to your question, the Kingdom ,which grows ONLY in history , must reach its full potential. This is the reason Christ is not here bodily at present. The system of His enthronement and the Holy Spirit ministering on earth is the best possible means to fulfill the Great Commission. We know this to be true, just as we are NOT given to know how to recognize when/how this task would be completed. In Heaven that are a few who walked with Him, even fewer who saw Him raised in glory. There will be a few, likely a few more, in Heaven who never see death. Chances are far better you and I will follow Abe and Moses and even Jesus in death, the path He has chosen for the majority of His children.

I would offer it from a Amil position the signified language of parables .The thousand years a signified unknown . We walk by faith the unseen.

All power was given to the Son of man, Jesus, the power was not of him. God is not a man as us.

Jesus of himself he had no power to raise or rebuke the father of lies ..His delight as the chief apostle was to do the will of the father that worked in the Son of man to both reveal the unseen will and empower Jesus the Son of man to perform it.

What applies to us below applies to the Son of man, Jesus.

Jesus the first born of the brethren fulfilling the sign or shadow of circummsion. The veil representing the foreskin was rent form the top to the bottom. Tens of thousands upon thousands old testament saints then entered the new Jerusalem prepared as the bride of all nations. The new name called by the Father in Acts . Christian, a word when defined literally means : Residents of the City of Christ prepared for His bride , named after her husband and founder Christ. .

.It would seem from my perspective a more befitting name. Previously before Acts the Father named her Israel. . . rather than Jacob (the deceiver ) as in all Israel is not born again Israel as Christians .

I t would seem the word Christian has lost something in the translations of us ?

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Philipians2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

In that way Christ is reigning in us with us today . How would a person look at the idea of Him coming . . If Christ the anointing Spirit of God is already here, Does it mark the last day under the Sun , the end of time?.

In regard to the Son of man, Jesus who was given the all power in heaven and in earth from the father .He had no power of his self but was given the power of God as sons of God Jesus the chief apostle and prophet who was sent does declare the will of another. .

I would also suggest the phrase "face to face" is similar or comparable to the phrase "faith to faith" .with faith representing the unseen . faith to faith the power of the gospel (Romans 1) We see face to face in the reveled knowledge of God . . again I would say God is not a man as us .

The description of God is shown in a theophany (not literal flesh and blood) in Hebrews 7. It leaves no other choice. God is not a man as in mankind a creation as us .He is the Faithful Creator like no other kind. He could never create another god as his own self .One would have beginning of days, beginning of spirit life.

Hebrews 7:1-3 King James Version For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Some did know Christ the Holy anointing Spirit who was working in the Son of man, Jesus. . the one time propmised demonstration (Isaiah 53) would seem to be over. . walk by faith. . . face to face .

2 Corinthians 5: 16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Loyal
I would offer it from a Amil position the signified language of parables .The thousand years a signified unknown . We walk by faith the unseen.

All power was given to the Son of man, Jesus, the power was not of him. God is not a man as us.

Jesus of himself he had no power to raise or rebuke the father of lies ..His delight as the chief apostle was to do the will of the father that worked in the Son of man to both reveal the unseen will and empower Jesus the Son of man to perform it.

What applies to us below applies to the Son of man, Jesus.

Jesus the first born of the brethren fulfilling the sign or shadow of circummsion. The veil representing the foreskin was rent form the top to the bottom. Tens of thousands upon thousands old testament saints then entered the new Jerusalem prepared as the bride of all nations. The new name called by the Father in Acts . Christian, a word when defined literally means : Residents of the City of Christ prepared for His bride , named after her husband and founder Christ. .

.It would seem from my perspective a more befitting name. Previously before Acts the Father named her Israel. . . rather than Jacob (the deceiver ) as in all Israel is not born again Israel as Christians .

I t would seem the word Christian has lost something in the translations of us ?

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Philipians2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

In that way Christ is reigning in us with us today . How would a person look at the idea of Him coming . . If Christ the anointing Spirit of God is already here, Does it mark the last day under the Sun , the end of time?.

In regard to the Son of man, Jesus who was given the all power in heaven and in earth from the father .He had no power of his self but was given the power of God as sons of God Jesus the chief apostle and prophet who was sent does declare the will of another. .

I would also suggest the phrase "face to face" is similar or comparable to the phrase "faith to faith" .with faith representing the unseen . faith to faith the power of the gospel (Romans 1) We see face to face in the reveled knowledge of God . . again I would say God is not a man as us .

The description of God is shown in a theophany (not literal flesh and blood) in Hebrews 7. It leaves no other choice. God is not a man as in mankind a creation as us .He is the Faithful Creator like no other kind. He could never create another god as his own self .One would have beginning of days, beginning of spirit life.

Hebrews 7:1-3 King James Version For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Some did know Christ the Holy anointing Spirit who was working in the Son of man, Jesus. . the one time propmised demonstration (Isaiah 53) would seem to be over. . walk by faith. . . face to face .

2 Corinthians 5: 16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
I am going to address one thing in your proclamation concerning "The SALVATION of GOD" in you denying HIS Deity in The Person of "JESUS THE CHRIST" of GOD. The TRIUNE GOD, The TETRAGRAMMATON" for I see you have no idea of The POWER of "GOD"! FOR JESUS is GOD MANifested in The Flesh.

Your Quote:

That is a lie! And You have deny The CHRIST! And do you know what the BIBLE says, About people like you who have deny, That GOD has Come in The FLESH!

Many on here think that is not a big thing, to state such out right "BLASPHEMY' and they do not care, for many are not "Cold or HOT" for many are Luke Warm but some are not! Your statement is "BLASPHEMY"! and you need to REPEAT! and Turn around in your declaration concerning GOD in The Flesh!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New American Standard Bible
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

(John 10)KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. ...NO MAN TAKETH IT FROM ME, but i lay it down of myself. i have power to lay it down, and i have power to take it again. this commandment have i received of my father.

For JESUS is The CREATOR of All That EXIST All Created things, that Includes Heaven, earth, the universe, Angels, and The Devil
Many call him JESUS, But Many do not know HIM as
"LORD" "THE TETRAGRAMMATON" And I am going to tell it! For many claim they KNOW the CHRIST but they DENY HIM as "LORD"! FOR He is "The SALVATION of GOD" And when You Behold Him, You are seeing The IMAGE of THE FATHER and I do not mean physical! "for the cares of this life and the worship of Images and created things has distorted "The TRUTH of GOD" in many eyes.

For he is "The CHRIST of GOD" Manifested in The FLESH!

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2[a]He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even onething came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. 5And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [c]grasp it.....ff.

The Word Made Flesh
14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we saw His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15John *testified about Him and called out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who is coming after me has proved to be [q]my superior, because He existed before me.’” 16For of His fullness [r]we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth [t]were realized through Jesus Christ. 18No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has [v]explained Him.

"The GOSPEL ACCORDING to JESUS CHRIST" is foolishness to those who perish :pensive: neither can they explain it or proclaim it or understand it. For it is a Hidden Treasure as if it was Pure GOLD hidden in a deep mountain, lace with pit falls wayward tunnels and dark nights, and you have not a "pick' or shovel.:pensive:

COME ON JESUS TALK TO ME! "NO MAN CAN COME TO ME UNLESS THE FATHER DRAWS HIM" i am on fire now, yes i am, I can feel the power of God Flowing through my Veins. REPENT For The KINGDOM of GOD is at HAND! Now is the DAY, Salvation is Knocking at The DOOR! Hallelujah!

And i am not going into at this time, all of those trump up words in "religious" terms of religious thoughts of speculations and implicit and eisegesis patterns of the "finite" mind of a "corrupted" creature called "ADAM" about a "Infinite GOD" that is "Incomprehensible" and cannot be comprehended by a mere Mortal.

and Jesus said: [ and i say; chew on this for a while.] and this is strong meat, chew slowly.

All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son determines to reveal Him.:pensive:

And you cannot dig that out with a "pick or a "Shovel":pensive:

Active
I am going to address one thing in your proclamation concerning "The SALVATION of GOD" in you denying HIS Deity in The Person of "JESUS THE CHRIST" of GOD. The TRIUNE GOD, The TETRAGRAMMATON" for I see you have no idea of The POWER of "GOD"! FOR JESUS is GOD MANifested in The Flesh.

Your Quote:

That is a lie! And You have deny The CHRIST! And do you know what the BIBLE says, About people like you who have deny, That GOD has Come in The FLESH!

Many on here think that is not a big thing, to state such out right "BLASPHEMY' and they do not care, for many are not "Cold or HOT" for many are Luke Warm but some are not! Your statement is "BLASPHEMY"! and you need to REPEAT! and Turn around in your declaration concerning GOD in The Flesh!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

(John 10)KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. ...NO MAN TAKETH IT FROM ME, but i lay it down of myself. i have power to lay it down, and i have power to take it again. this commandment have i received of my father.

For JESUS is The CREATOR of All That EXIST All Created things, that Includes Heaven, earth, the universe, Angels, and The Devil
Many call him JESUS, But Many do not know HIM as
"LORD" "THE TETRAGRAMMATON" And I am going to tell it! For many claim they KNOW the CHRIST but they DENY HIM as "LORD"! FOR He is "The SALVATION of GOD" And when You Behold Him, You are seeing The IMAGE of THE FATHER and I do not mean physical! "for the cares of this life and the worship of Images and created things has distorted "The TRUTH of GOD" in many eyes.

For he is "The CHRIST of GOD" Manifested in The FLESH!

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2[a]He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even onething came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. 5And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [c]grasp it.....ff.

The Word Made Flesh
14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we saw His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15John *testified about Him and called out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who is coming after me has proved to be [q]my superior, because He existed before me.’” 16For of His fullness [r]we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth [t]were realized through Jesus Christ. 18No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has [v]explained Him.

"The GOSPEL ACCORDING to JESUS CHRIST" is foolishness to those who perish :pensive: neither can they explain it or proclaim it or understand it. For it is a Hidden Treasure as if it was Pure GOLD hidden in a deep mountain, lace with pit falls wayward tunnels and dark nights, and you have not a "pick' or shovel.:pensive:

COME ON JESUS TALK TO ME! "NO MAN CAN COME TO ME UNLESS THE FATHER DRAWS HIM" i am on fire now, yes i am, I can feel the power of God Flowing through my Veins. REPENT For The KINGDOM of GOD is at HAND! Now is the DAY, Salvation is Knocking at The DOOR! Hallelujah!

And i am not going into at this time, all of those trump up words in "religious" terms of religious thoughts of speculations and implicit and eisegesis patterns of the "finite" mind of a "corrupted" creature called "ADAM" about a "Infinite GOD" that is "Incomprehensible" and cannot be comprehended by a mere Mortal.

and Jesus said: [ and i say; chew on this for a while.] and this is strong meat, chew slowly.

All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son determines to reveal Him.:pensive:

And you cannot dig that out with a "pick or a "Shovel":pensive:

When searching the parables for the hidden understanding picks and shovels are rendered useless in finding the spiritual understanding .it comes by comparing the spiritual "not seen" to the same or called "face to face" in the reveled knowledge of the gospel . Again God is not a man as us . .

Study the meaning of spiritual gifts the ones not seen .The pearls of great price.

The invisible things of God our understood by no man to include the Son of man Jesus.

1 Corinthians 2: 10 -13 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

A clear distinction between the Son of man the temporal seen and the Son of God (the eternal not seen must be made . If not blasphemy against the Son of man is forgivable but as always blasphemy against the unseen Holy Spirit of Christ is not . .

Peter as one of the many antichrists' spoken of in 1 John 2:27 - 28 as the warning that we are not to have our new born again faith in respect to what the eyes see the temporal.

There the father of lies gave words to Peter . . rebuking Jesus the Son of man as if Peter was the gospel key that the gates of hell could never prevail against Perter was not the promised seed as the Son of man spoken of before hand . The father gave words to Jesus the chief apostle and prophet in order to rebuke Satan who worked in Peter in order to deny the faith of God. (Satan: thou art an offence unto me: (not seen) for thou savourest not the things that be of God, (not seen) but those that be of men. (seen)

Again all power was given to the Son of man no power came from him .

Four characters

1# Note. . .Satan the spirit of lies not seen as a spirit .
2# Note . . Peter.(seen) the temporal
3# Note.... Son of man ,Jesus (seen) the temporal
4# Note. . . the the eternal Lord invisible.

Mathew 16: 21-24 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he (given powerful words from the father) turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Peter should of denied his self rather than denying the power of God.
Therefore the father having rebuked the devil and also forgiving Peter for blasphemy against the Son of man Jesus .

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (Not seen) shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, (Jesus ) it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Loyal
When searching the parables for the hidden understanding picks and shovels are rendered useless in finding the spiritual understanding .it comes by comparing the spiritual "not seen" to the same or called "face to face" in the reveled knowledge of the gospel . Again God is not a man as us . .

Study the meaning of spiritual gifts the ones not seen .The pearls of great price.

The invisible things of God our understood by no man to include the Son of man Jesus.

1 Corinthians 2: 10 -13 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

A clear distinction between the Son of man the temporal seen and the Son of God (the eternal not seen must be made . If not blasphemy against the Son of man is forgivable but as always blasphemy against the unseen Holy Spirit of Christ is not . .

Peter as one of the many antichrists' spoken of in 1 John 2:27 - 28 as the warning that we are not to have our new born again faith in respect to what the eyes see the temporal.

There the father of lies gave words to Peter . . rebuking Jesus the Son of man as if Peter was the gospel key that the gates of hell could never prevail against Perter was not the promised seed as the Son of man spoken of before hand . The father gave words to Jesus the chief apostle and prophet in order to rebuke Satan who worked in Peter in order to deny the faith of God. (Satan: thou art an offence unto me: (not seen) for thou savourest not the things that be of God, (not seen) but those that be of men. (seen)

Again all power was given to the Son of man no power came from him .

Four characters

1# Note. . .Satan the spirit of lies not seen as a spirit .
2# Note . . Peter.(seen) the temporal
3# Note.... Son of man ,Jesus (seen) the temporal
4# Note. . . the the eternal Lord invisible.

Mathew 16: 21-24 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he (given powerful words from the father) turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Peter should of denied his self rather than denying the power of God.
Therefore the father having rebuked the devil and also forgiving Peter for blasphemy against the Son of man Jesus .

Matthew 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (Not seen) shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, (Jesus ) it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
[/QUOTE
Something is wrong with you. I would be scared to die, if i was you.:eyes: unless you on medication. You are messed up. well i guess it does't matter it seems no one else care what you say. For the bible says:
You said:
"When searching the parables."........................I say: 'Who wants to search the parables'> REALLY :eyes: and what for? are you looking for something? What are you searching for? That is a new one, searching the parables.

"My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, ..consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins.…"

Active
He was giving God all due respect.
He is "All Powerful" given by God.

Of course He is God, for which , we have no true understanding. He just is because scripture says He is and by Faith, also given by God!

Active
[QUOTE="PloughBoy, post: 399726, member: 36930"
Something is wrong with you. I would be scared to die, if i was you.:eyes: unless you on medication. You are messed up. well i guess it does't matter it seems no one else care what you say. For the bible says:
You said:
"When searching the parables."........................I say: 'Who wants to search the parables'> REALLY :eyes: and what for? are you looking for something? What are you searching for? That is a new one, searching the parables.

"My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, ..consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins.…" [/QUOTE]

Something is wrong with me because I do search out parables? ? ?

I would suggest you studying to see how parables the signified tongue of God parables as prophecy is useful in searching discovering the hidden meaning. .Parable are designed to teach us how to walk by faith the unseen eternal understanding

There are plenty of books on parables a person can use to aid in the teaching of Christ in regard to the signified understanding hid in parables .

It is at the core of the teaching ministry of Christ. The spiritual not seen which is hid from natural man .

The teaching ministry of Christ using parables the signified understanding to show how he makes those blind or confirms there blindness and gives us as born again his vision so we can see with our new born again hearts.

John 9:39 Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

I would think we would search the parables which we are lovingly commanded to. Rightly dividing parables as prophecy . Seeing without parables the signified understanding of God Christ spoke not hiding the spiritual unseen from those who do not rightly divide the parable which are prophecy the declared word of God. He hides the understand form those who walk by sight the temporal or what the eyes see

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

A good example that I use to help explain my position is found in Luke 9. There one parables after another is given with the understanding hid from the apostles .

Why still in wonderment and amazement not understanding Christ. Christ would bring another and another through Jesus .

In regard to a parable the apostles who were standing right before Jesus the apostles must of thought Jesus went off the deep end and they started to vote who the greatest alpha dog .

They continued to walk by sight looking to the temporal things and in the end of the matter in verse 55. Christ rebuked them and revealed they knew not what kind of spirit they were of .(the human spirit the temporal) no faith from God.

Jesus convinced the apostles that he had not went off the deep end (mentally challenged)

Luke9: 43-46 And they were all "amazed" at the mighty power of God. But while they "wondered" every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples, Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men. But they understood not this saying, and it was "hid" from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying. Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

Luke9: 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

Can you see why he hid the understanding or is it hid from you?

Loyal
OP:-

Hello @Rebal1,

Would you please explain the words, ' The reactionary God of Dispensationalism'?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal

If God knew you before you were born its follows that He knows many of His children yet to be conceived. rAs a believer there is no reason seek the return of Christ. No one waits more than a lifetime to see Him face to face. As a believer we know the He controls history for His glory and our good. The reactionary God of Dispensationalism never existed, He cant be hurried or slowed. I've been convinced ,for a long time, the main force behind the popularity of the imminence doctrine is nothing more than the basest of human desires, cheating death. All the 'homesick for Jesus ' talk is just that. Back to your question, the Kingdom ,which grows ONLY in history , must reach its full potential. This is the reason Christ is not here bodily at present. The system of His enthronement and the Holy Spirit ministering on earth is the best possible means to fulfill the Great Commission. We know this to be true, just as we are NOT given to know how to recognize when/how this task would be completed. In Heaven that are a few who walked with Him, even fewer who saw Him raised in glory. There will be a few, likely a few more, in Heaven who never see death. Chances are far better you and I will follow Abe and Moses and even Jesus in death, the path He has chosen for the majority of His children.
'For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,
we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope,
and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Who gave Himself for us,
that He might redeem us from all iniquity,
and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.'
(Tit 2:11-14)

Hello again, @Reba1,

The members of the Body of Christ do not seek the return of Christ as such, but rather His 'appearing in glory'. For by God's reckoning they have died with Christ, been buried and quickened with Him, raised to newness of life in Him, and ascended with Him to God's right hand. Looking now for his 'appearing in glory' for they will appear with Him there. For our life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:1-4)

'If ye then be risen with Christ,
seek those things which are above,
where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'
(Col 3:1-4)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
'And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.'
(Mat 28:18)

Hello @Reba1,

You ask what Jesus meant by saying, 'All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth'.

I believe the risen Christ means just exactly what He says: He has risen to the right hand of the Father, the position of great power and authority (Hebrews 2).

'And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe,
according to the working of His mighty power,
Which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead,
and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places,
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named,
not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under His feet,
and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is His body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'
(Eph 1:19-23)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
Hello @Rebal1,

Would you please explain the words, ' The reactionary God of Dispensationalism'?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I will try the OP was a copy i am not good with words. I will use labels they help me explain things. Along with some good ol cherry picked passages, i believe carry the theme of Scripture.
The God i grew up with , family is 3 generations deep in AofG , was the one of pentecosal dispensationalism. I no longer view the Lord as being controlled by my actions... I believe God had a plan from the beginning.
Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

We see God shedding blood to cover Adam & Eve .
Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

The blood of Christ is our covering. My Salvation is not of me, I do not cover myself with His Blood He covers me.
Psa_3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.
I am not saved because i said 70 + years ago "Jesus come into my heart"
2Th_2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

I believe God is in control He has a plan. I believe mans 'freewill' always leads to destruction, as it did in the Garden. We see that in Peter and the rooster. Paul getting knocked off the donkey. Joanah being fish bait. Romans 3:10 says a lot.

Dispensation teaches .. you do this then God will do that. The WofF guys have taken that to hilt . Dispensation teaches 144 thousand Jewish virgins will take over for the Holy Spirit cause He failed. Dispensationism teaches us to look for the Lord in the media, the headlines. I believe we look for and find Him in His Book .

I hope i have answered your question, if not i will try again. I know this site is dispensational. I know i was as much saved 70 years ago living under dispensational teaching as i am now. The difference is how the Word has opened up to me...
These are my thoughts I wont get into the usual debate they bring up .

Thank you for the willingness to say what you believe.

I believe the risen Christ means just exactly what He says: He has risen to the right hand of the Father, the position of great power and authority (Hebrews 2).

Loyal
I will try the OP was a copy i am not good with words. I will use labels they help me explain things. Along with some good ol cherry picked passages, i believe carry the theme of Scripture.
The God i grew up with , family is 3 generations deep in A of G , was the one of pentecosal dispensationalism. I no longer view the Lord as being controlled by my actions... I believe God had a plan from the beginning.
Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Hello @Reba1,

Thank you for responding. I don't understand, 'A of G,' I'm afraid. :)

Like yourself, I also believe that God has had a plan from the beginning. Though unfortunately your choice of Revelation 13:8 gives us an insight into Satan's desire, rather than God's purpose (Revelation 13:4-8). Perhaps you have chosen the wrong verse, yes?
Reba1 said:-
We see God shedding blood to cover Adam & Eve .
Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

The blood of Christ is our covering. My Salvation is not of me, I do not cover myself with His Blood He covers me.
Psa_3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.
I am not saved because i said 70 + years ago "Jesus come into my heart"
2Th_2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

I believe God is in control He has a plan. I believe mans 'freewill' always leads to destruction, as it did in the Garden. We see that in Peter and the rooster. Paul getting knocked off the donkey. Jonah being fish bait. Romans 3:10 says a lot.
* Yes, "Praise God!" He is in control: and you were saved by God's grace, through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth, as I was.:)
Reba1 said:-
Dispensation teaches .. you do this then God will do that. The W of F guys have taken that to hilt .
Dispensation teaches 144 thousand Jewish virgins will take over for the Holy Spirit cause He failed.
Dispensationism teaches us to look for the Lord in the media, the headlines. I believe we look for and find Him in His Book .
* That has not been my experience, Reba1. I do not recognise those points you raise.
Reba said:-
I hope i have answered your question, if not i will try again. I know this site is dispensational. I know i was as much saved 70 years ago living under dispensational teaching as i am now. The difference is how the Word has opened up to me...
These are my thoughts I wont get into the usual debate they bring up .
* You have answered my question, Reba1, and I thank you for it. Your experience has shaped your thinking, as mine has shaped me. We have just had very different experiences of what dispensational teaching is.
Reba said:-
Thank you for the willingness to say what you believe.
* Thank you too, Reba, for being open with me. I am not good at identifying abbreviations such as 'A of G', and 'W of F', so I cannot understand what you are saying to me. Yet, Praise God, we do agree, that God is in control, and that He has saved us by His grace, through faith in His only begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ, Who took upon Himself the penalty of our sins, that we may receive the gift of eternal life, through faith in His all-sufficient sacrifice for sin.

* You also speak in terms of 70+ years of experience, and so can I. :)

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Active
Hello @Reba1,

Thank you for responding. I don't understand, 'A of G,' I'm afraid. :)

Like yourself, I also believe that God has had a plan from the beginning. Though unfortunately your choice of Revelation 13:8 gives us an insight into Satan's desire, rather than God's purpose (Revelation 13:4-8). Perhaps you have chosen the wrong verse, yes?

* Yes, "Praise God!" He is in control: and you were saved by God's grace, through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth, as I was.:)

* That has not been my experience, Reba1. I do not recognise those points you raise.

* You have answered my question, Reba1, and I thank you for it. Your experience has shaped your thinking, as mine has shaped me. We have just had very different experiences of what dispensational teaching is.

* Thank you too, Reba, for being open with me. I am not good at identifying abbreviations such as 'A of G', and 'W of F', so I cannot understand what you are saying to me. Yet, Praise God, we do agree, that God is in control, and that He has saved us by His grace, through faith in His only begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ, Who took upon Himself the penalty of our sins, that we may receive the gift of eternal life, through faith in His all-sufficient sacrifice for sin.

* You also speak in terms of 70+ years of experience, and so can I. :)

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
AofG Assemblies of God ... WoF word of faith preachers like Joel Olsten