• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

All nations shall flow unto it

Many speak of the Reign of Christ as being a spiritual happening but it is going to be a physical experience.

Isaiah 2 (KJV)

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Loyal
The New Jerusalem, The 1000 year Reign of Christ and the Saints of God, The city that came out of that sky. The KING of Kings, The LORD of Lords, we will rule with Him. A Righteous Rule. we share the Rule, we after our ceremony, We will be "THE SONS OF GOD"! and the world is going to know it! "and they shall be called "The Sons of God":cool: who do you think those kings are, in "KING of Kings" and those lords are in "LORD of Lords":p "an Iron Rod" in His hand.

Loyal
2Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?

We have a lot to be, after our "Rapture" we got to go to a wedding ceremony, a coronation, our flight from the ceremony back to earth, our position in the 1000 year rule, SATAN release, He encamps around us to destroy us, Then The LORD Consume him with the breath of HIS mouth, Then we have the Great White Throne Judgement and observe the testimonies the trial, Then God will do a few casting and dissolve everything that exists, Then makes everything brand new and wipe away all of our tears, and wipe away all our memories that was before, and behold all things NEW.

I do believe when God says; All he means all with capital letters. not some things brand new. if it was some he would have said some.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Loyal
God the Father tells his Son (Jesus Christ) to ask him for the nations and he will give them to him in which he will rule with an "iron rod"

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.
Psa 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

Then Jesus says this to all those who overcome.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

God the Father tells his Son (Jesus Christ) to ask him for the nations and he will give them to him in which he will rule with an "iron rod"

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.
Psa 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Why is it necessary to rule with an "Iron Rod"

Psalm 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? ................The heathen are the gentiles; the people are the chosen people, Israel.

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,................... .....together they join against the Lord.

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. ....... ........................they want to break free from the Lord's
guidance

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. .............The Lord mocks them

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. ...........God is angry

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. .....in spite of their rebellious nature ...The Lord will set up His King to bring order (with the iron rod). The first phase is Jesus coming as The Lamb of God; then He comes as The Lion of God.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. ...........The day Jesus is resurrected is the day He is declared begotten by the Father.

Hence your post:

Loyal
Why is it necessary to rule with an "Iron Rod"

Psalm 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? ................The heathen are the gentiles; the people are the chosen people, Israel.

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,................... .....together they join against the Lord.

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. ....... ........................they want to break free from the Lord's
guidance

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. .............The Lord mocks them

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. ...........God is angry

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. .....in spite of their rebellious nature ...The Lord will set up His King to bring order (with the iron rod). The first phase is Jesus coming as The Lamb of God; then He comes as The Lion of God.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. ...........The day Jesus is resurrected is the day He is declared begotten by the Father.

Hence your post:

The "iron rod" is in reference to the "Word of God" which brings to nothing all the other religions of the world whose words have no power.

Loyal
Did Jesus ever get his prayer answered when His father told him to ask for the nations?

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Did Jesus ever get his prayer answered when His father told him to ask for the nations?

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

I would think The Word was God, He was with God in the Beginning.

He became lower that the angel when He became man. Then He could not do anything unless the father showed Him...... correct me if I'm wrong.

He presented Himself to the Father as a living sacrifice.

I suppose "Ask of Me" is for the Son to ask.

Psalm 2:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. God will give Him the gentiles. (Called out)

this directs me to:

Acts 15:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name..... this could be thine inheritance......Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance ..
We belong to Jesus ;He bought us with a price

1 Corinthians 6:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Loyal
He became lower that the angel when He became man. Then He could not do anything unless the father showed Him...... correct me if I'm wrong.
Jesus took upon himself a physical body, but that did not in any way lower his deity as the Son God. He was the Son of God before his incarnation, and still the Son of God after his incarnation. His true identity was revealed on the mount of transfiguration. His body was a disguise of who he really was. (Demons saw right through his disguise)

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the Law could not do, [its power] being weakened by the flesh [the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit]. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, [God] condemned sin in the flesh [subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice] (AMP)

The "Word" of God (singular) only speaks the "words" of God (plural) (words of His Father). That will never change as God is the same yesterday today and forever! (John 14:10)

The Father is the one who sends his Son (Word of God) who speaks only the words of God (His Father).

Jesus said.....

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

This also will never change. Even the Holy Spirit never speaks of his own only what he hears that is what he speaks. (John 16:13)

Loyal
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance ..
We belong to Jesus ;He bought us with a price
Psa 2:8 Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations as Your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth as Your possession. (AMP)

Nations (plural) not singular. It is not just the Gentiles, but all nations and all tongues.

This includes Jews and gentiles.

Jesus took upon himself a physical body, but that did not in any way lower his deity as the Son God. He was the Son of God before his incarnation, and still the Son of God after his incarnation. His true identity was revealed on the mount of transfiguration. His body was a disguise of who he really was. (Demons saw right through his disguise)

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the Law could not do, [its power] being weakened by the flesh [the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit]. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, [God] condemned sin in the flesh [subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice] (AMP)

The "Word" of God (singular) only speaks the "words" of God (plural) (words of His Father). That will never change as God is the same yesterday today and forever! (John 14:10)

The Father is the one who sends his Son (Word of God) who speaks only the words of God (His Father).

Jesus said.....

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

This also will never change. Even the Holy Spirit never speaks of his own only what he hears that is what he speaks. (John 16:13)

Some bibles distort the meaning by changing the words. You need to use the King James or reference Greek and Hebrew writings.

I don't believe the angels were equal to God.

Hebrews 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

this was written due to the resurrection

Acts 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:8 Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations a

.................Should be:
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. .......

Humer me and read the whole chapter and compare from KJV other wise we will be read from 2 different bible.......one of them is in error and it's not my bible

Loyal
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. .
So, what is the "Hebrew" word for "heathen"

gôyim, הַגּוֹיִם
hāggôyim: A masculine noun meaning nation, people, Gentiles, country. The word is used to indicate a nation or nations in various contexts and settings: it especially indicates the offspring of Abraham that God made into a nation (Gen_12:2) and thereby set the stage for Israel's appearance in history as a nation (Gen_18:18; Psa_106:5). Israel was to be a holy nation (Exo_19:6). Even the descendants of Abraham that did not come from the seed of Isaac would develop into nations (Gen_21:13). God can create a nation, even a holy nation like Israel, through the descendants of the person whom He chooses, as He nearly does in the case of Moses when Israel rebels (Exo_32:10). Edom refers to Israel and Judah as two separate nations (Eze_35:10), but God planned for them to be united forever into one nation (Eze_37:22). Then they would become the head of the nations (Deu_28:12). In this overall literary, theological, and historical context, it is clear that Israel would share common ancestors, and would have a sufficient increase in numbers to be considered a nation. It would have a common place of habitation and a common origin, not only in flesh and blood, but in their religious heritage. It would share a common history, culture, society, religious worship, and purposes for the present and the future.
This noun is used to mean nations other than Israel as well; pagan, Gentile, or heathen nations (Exo_9:24; Exo_34:10; Eze_5:6-8), for all the earth and all the nations belong to God (cf. Exo_19:5). Israel was to keep herself from the false religions, unclean practices, and views of these nations (Ezr_6:21). In the plural, the noun may indicate the generic humankind (Isa_42:6). In a few instances, the word refers to a group of people rather than to a nation (2Ki_6:18; Psa_43:1; Isa_26:2), although the exact translation is difficult in these cases.

From "The Complete Word Study" Hebrew concordance.

Loyal
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Do you know of any angel that was "set over the works of God's hands?"

Do you know of any angel crowned with glory and honor?

Last edited:
So, what is the "Hebrew" word for "heathen"

gôyim, הַגּוֹיִם
hāggôyim: A masculine noun meaning nation, people, Gentiles, country. The word is used to indicate a nation or nations in various contexts and settings: it especially indicates the offspring of Abraham that God made into a nation (Gen_12:2) and thereby set the stage for Israel's appearance in history as a nation (Gen_18:18; Psa_106:5). Israel was to be a holy nation (Exo_19:6). Even the descendants of Abraham that did not come from the seed of Isaac would develop into nations (Gen_21:13). God can create a nation, even a holy nation like Israel, through the descendants of the person whom He chooses, as He nearly does in the case of Moses when Israel rebels (Exo_32:10). Edom refers to Israel and Judah as two separate nations (Eze_35:10), but God planned for them to be united forever into one nation (Eze_37:22). Then they would become the head of the nations (Deu_28:12). In this overall literary, theological, and historical context, it is clear that Israel would share common ancestors, and would have a sufficient increase in numbers to be considered a nation. It would have a common place of habitation and a common origin, not only in flesh and blood, but in their religious heritage. It would share a common history, culture, society, religious worship, and purposes for the present and the future.
This noun is used to mean nations other than Israel as well; pagan, Gentile, or heathen nations (Exo_9:24; Exo_34:10; Eze_5:6-8), for all the earth and all the nations belong to God (cf. Exo_19:5). Israel was to keep herself from the false religions, unclean practices, and views of these nations (Ezr_6:21). In the plural, the noun may indicate the generic humankind (Isa_42:6). In a few instances, the word refers to a group of people rather than to a nation (2Ki_6:18; Psa_43:1; Isa_26:2), although the exact translation is difficult in these cases.

From "The Complete Word Study" Hebrew concordance.

that's good

did you check out this part:

You said: " Jesus took upon himself a physical body, but that did not in any way lower his deity as the Son God."

I don't believe the angels were equal to God.

7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: ...madest Him is referring to Jesus

you said: " He was the Son of God before his incarnation, and still the Son of God after his incarnation. "

Acts 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Do you know of any angel that was "set over the works of God's hands?"

Do you know of any angel crowned with glory and honor?

Psalm 8:
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

9 O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

there is no argument....... there is no win or lose

We are studying the Word Of God.

the thing is to be accurate........ I make mistakes all the time ... teach me

Loyal
you said: " He was the Son of God before his incarnation, and still the Son of God after his incarnation. "

Jesus had authority and power over all things in his incarnation, even the demons understood that.

I don't need to teach you anything as it is the anointing that us all things and is true, and not a lie.

The Word of God is precious to me. Every Word ,every Jot and tiddle is God breath.

We have to be careful that our inspiration is from God, not something else.

Loyal
The Word of God is precious to me. Every Word ,every Jot and tiddle is God breath.

We have to be careful that our inspiration is from God, not something else.
As Jesus once said....

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

If any man wills to do the will of God
only then when he hears it he shall know if it is really from God.